Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5657585960616263646566...LastNext
Current Page: 61 of 105
Re: I've seen evidence....!
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 8, 2013 02:13

StonesTod
I have SEEEEEEN the promised land!

I second that emotion!

Re: We want Mick Taylor on more songs please
Posted by: Fixembones ()
Date: June 8, 2013 02:20

The average fan does not know who make Taylor is. That is not the point. Die hard stones fans have been waiting for this moment for years and now it is right in front of our face. The fact of the matter is he is still a great guitar player and brings another element to the concerts. Anybody with any say in the band who reads this forum should really get him to play more songs. He's traveling across the country with the band and only playing 2 to 4 songs per night. He should be on Half of the songs that they play. There's no negative to this at all. The guys have more fun up there and he brings great sounds to the band, come on guys let Taylor play!!!

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: June 8, 2013 02:25

His Majesty
kleermaker
His Majesty
Music wins regardless of our personal preferences and I'm quite sure that we respect that despite our silly battles. thumbs up

As long as we are aware of that it's okay!

smileys with beer

Always! smileys with beer

Who can deny this?

bye bye johnny
Great photos, Ruskafarian! Thanks.

Ronnie tweeted this one last night:

Toronto ~ guitar players are getting ready for 'Can't You Hear Me Knockin' with @officialKeef & #MickTaylor

[twitter.com]

Despite his battles, it's sad that the contradiction in blonde isn't there noh?

MT is looking more and more like his old self as the tour progresses. That photo looks like three Rolling Stones!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 8, 2013 02:30

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-18 04:50 by His Majesty.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: June 8, 2013 02:56

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
Returning to Taylor's solo one more time I must say that this one in Toronto wasn't that coherent. Or maybe even not coherent at all. Taylor could play it safe by starting with the well known notes from the studio album and then carry on the solo, but he chose another way and in hindsight not such a good way. But playing it safely isn't Taylor's game. It's not in his musical DNA. And yes, sometimes it doesn't work that well.

Rationally it's wise to keep it safe and not to stray away from the studio template. On the other hand it would be boring to hear always the same solo or a little variation to it. It's absolutely more exciting to experience the unexpected. So maybe we can take this a bit philosophically.

My sentiments exactly!

Only having a framework to work within is not the same as playing it safe. Starting and ending with something people recognise is sometimes wise. He still has a few minutes to do his impro.

That's the template he used to go by anyway...

And I refuse to have this taken as no other than constructive criticism. As you know I loved Taylor's first solo in LA, as well as what he does on Rambler now. I ghink Doxa's post was lacking nuance and was unfair, especially compared to the hard criticism from him about the band in general these days and individuals in the band.

When Taylor has a bad day we should say what we think of it, like we do when Keith is having an off day.

I was just thinking that Toronto solo was nearly a hybrid of Ronnie's incoherence with the worst of Taylor's noodling. Except, well, Taylor did it all himself here. Oh well, there will be some better days ahead. If not, well, someone wrote the obvious solution way back a hundred or more posts back: Just put Taylor on Gimmie Shelter or even something like Worried About You, and he'd very likely scorch that in a satisfying way to nearly everyone's taste. "Problem" (if there is one) solved.

Posted by: kpl ()
Date: June 8, 2013 05:12

All 3 versions of cant you hear me knocking have been very different and wonderful. Thank you MT and the band! I hope they play it on 6/18.
Wish list for me would be MOON LIGHT MILE AND LET IT LOOSE. Dont think either tune has ever been played live before.
MT has brought the fire back to the Stones. Sensational he is touring with them again.
Does anyone have the version of love in vain MT did in the first show of this tour? Thank you.

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: June 8, 2013 07:32

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 8, 2013 07:46

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
Returning to Taylor's solo one more time I must say that this one in Toronto wasn't that coherent. Or maybe even not coherent at all. Taylor could play it safe by starting with the well known notes from the studio album and then carry on the solo, but he chose another way and in hindsight not such a good way. But playing it safely isn't Taylor's game. It's not in his musical DNA. And yes, sometimes it doesn't work that well.

Rationally it's wise to keep it safe and not to stray away from the studio template. On the other hand it would be boring to hear always the same solo or a little variation to it. It's absolutely more exciting to experience the unexpected. So maybe we can take this a bit philosophically.

My sentiments exactly!

Only having a framework to work within is not the same as playing it safe. Starting and ending with something people recognise is sometimes wise. He still has a few minutes to do his impro.

That's the template he used to go by anyway...

And I refuse to have this taken as no other than constructive criticism. As you know I loved Taylor's first solo in LA, as well as what he does on Rambler now. I ghink Doxa's post was lacking nuance and was unfair, especially compared to the hard criticism from him about the band in general these days and individuals in the band.

When Taylor has a bad day we should say what we think of it, like we do when Keith is having an off day.

I would prefer him to nail about 75%,go off into noodleland, and then bring it home, album style. I saw Zak Wylde play Voodoo Child kind of like that.....first solo, note perfect tribute, second solo, well, Zak got Wylde.....perfect balance.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 8, 2013 08:20

Mick is looking great in these photos. I can't believe how much weight he has dropped. This tour has been a lifesaver for him in more ways than one.

Posted by: darkstardew ()
Date: June 8, 2013 09:43

I think he turns in a good solo on the Toronto CYHMK. I think LA was better but Toronto is certainly coherent.

Date: June 8, 2013 10:03

kpl
All 3 versions of cant you hear me knocking have been very different and wonderful. Thank you MT and the band! I hope they play it on 6/18.
Wish list for me would be MOON LIGHT MILE AND LET IT LOOSE. Dont think either tune has ever been played live before.
MT has brought the fire back to the Stones. Sensational he is touring with them again.
Does anyone have the version of love in vain MT did in the first show of this tour? Thank you.

Moonlight Mile has been played live a handful of times, the first one being opening night of No Security in Oakland in early 1999. I almost shit myself when they started the opening acoustic riff!

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 8, 2013 20:19

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 8, 2013 21:19

Mick is certainly looking good these days.
None of us are gonna look like we did 20-30 years ago.
Mick Taylor is living proof that you can feel and look better,if there is a reason for doing it.
Micks' is to get on stage with his mates,The Rolling Stones,and have a great time.

Good for you Mick. smileys with beer

Posted by: kpl ()
Date: June 8, 2013 21:43

Thanks much for posting the Moonlight Mile live track. Thats great. Is that Dave Matthews singing? Its nice they do some of the fade out music at the end.
There's a great version of Moonlight Mile on a CD called 'Paint it Blue' songs of the rolling stones.

Date: June 8, 2013 22:12

Loudei

Great pic!

From left to right: Vegas - musician - Vegas

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: June 8, 2013 22:53

bye bye johnny
Great photos, Ruskafarian! Thanks.

Ronnie tweeted this one last night:

Toronto ~ guitar players are getting ready for 'Can't You Hear Me Knockin' with @officialKeef & #MickTaylor

[twitter.com]

[/quote]

Maybe Mick is happy because he gets paid the same 1.5 million £ for this tour no matter how many tunes he gets in on each night. I am hoping MickT gets major recompense for his past efforts during the Stones "Golden Age"

Anyways good luck to them all as this tour is heading East and picking up steam

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-08 22:56 by triceratops.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 8, 2013 23:13

triceratops
Maybe Mick is happy because he gets paid the same 1.5 million £ for this tour no matter how many tunes he gets in on each night. I am hoping MickT gets major recompense for his past efforts during the Stones "Golden Age"

Is that sum confirmed somewhere? A nice sum of money if true. Not just getting healthy but wealthy as well thanks to this Stones tour.

- Doxa

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 9, 2013 00:09

I'm afraid my lasting impression of this is that it's great that they are doing this guy, Taylor, a favour. Not much more.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: June 9, 2013 00:23

Doxa
triceratops

Is that sum confirmed somewhere? A nice sum of money if true. Not just getting healthy but wealthy as well thanks to this Stones tour.

- Doxa

One million £ tax free would be fair for Mick Taylor. So just guessing at UK tax rates, Mick Taylor should get 1.5 million so he can pay the tax man too. No confirmation anywhere what Mick Taylor is getting for this tour. But since he is smiling a lot let's hope it's partly due to a big payday coming up.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 9, 2013 00:37

kpl

Yes, kpl, very well stated. Hope to run into you on 6/18!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: duffydawg ()
Date: June 9, 2013 03:34

All said and done this Tour is Mick Taylor's Coming Back Party!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 9, 2013 10:03

duffydawg
All said and done this Tour is Mick Taylor's Coming Back Party!

Hope so, looking good for the immediate future then. More shows here n' there beyond 13th July 2013 !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Bärs ()
Date: June 9, 2013 10:03

All three guitarists are definitely musically senile to the same degree at this moment. I think that is a fair and democratic representation of reality. But so what? They are there together, playing and having fun, charismatic as ever, and they can still "click" as a band. Just play on!

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: June 9, 2013 11:48

Yeah agreed, It's like watching the upcoming veterans tournament on Wimbledon 2013, charismatic as ever. Enjoy! winking smiley

Posted by: duffydawg ()
Date: June 9, 2013 15:35

Oh my look at Taylor it looks like he has lost 50 pounds!!

Yes they are older but there still isnt a better act than the RS with MT!!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 9, 2013 15:42

svt22
Yeah agreed, It's like watching the upcoming veterans tournament on Wimbledon 2013, charismatic as ever. Enjoy! winking smiley

Still I like McEnroe more than the ideal son-i-law Federer.cool smiley

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: June 9, 2013 15:58

kleermaker
svt22

I'm just watching the racket and the ball, in women's tennis. cool smiley

Date: June 9, 2013 16:56

svt22
kleermaker
svt22

I'm just watching the racket and the ball, in women's tennis. cool smiley

Just watching, not touching ... winking smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 9, 2013 17:11

One reason I'm glad this has happened is that we are hearing the band play with the real 2013-vintage Mick Taylor - a reality-check for the people who did of course always know in theory that MT had grown older just as Keith and Ronnie had, but somehow still imagined him as the guitarist who left in 1973, miraculously untouched by time. The reality is very good indeed - but just as with all the other Rolling Stones, nobody can compete with their younger selves (as fondly remembered in a haze of nostalgia) and win.

Date: June 9, 2013 17:28

Green Lady
One reason I'm glad this has happened is that we are hearing the band play with the real 2013-vintage Mick Taylor - a reality-check for the people who did of course always know in theory that MT had grown older just as Keith and Ronnie had, but somehow still imagined him as the guitarist who left in 1973, miraculously untouched by time. The reality is very good indeed - but just as with all the other Rolling Stones, nobody can compete with their younger selves (as fondly remembered in a haze of nostalgia) and win.

Taylor surely acts like a youger edition of his younger self these days with the Stones.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5657585960616263646566...LastNext
Current Page: 61 of 105

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1448
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home