Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: Unpopular opinions you have about The Stones
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 23, 2013 18:55

1981 was the worst tour ever.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 23, 2013 18:56

Max'sKansasCity
I actually like The Rolling Stones quite a bit,
that seems to be a more and more unpopular opinion around here.

That's the smartest thing you have ever said. I guess there is hope for you.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: April 23, 2013 18:57

More Hot Rocks

worse than the dirty work tour??

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 23, 2013 19:06

More Hot Rocks
Max'sKansasCity

And just another dumb fk, meaningless post, from you... as usual, also getting to be pretty common arund here.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: April 23, 2013 19:14

Max'sKansasCity
More Hot Rocks
Max'sKansasCity

And just another dumb fk, meaningless post, from you... as usual, also getting to be pretty common arund here.

Max'sKansasCity lights this place up with colors and cartoons!thumbs up

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: April 23, 2013 19:18

runaway
Max'sKansasCity
More Hot Rocks
Max'sKansasCity

Max'sKansasCity lights this place up with colors and cartoons!thumbs up

I agree. He comes in colors everywhere, He combs his hair, He's like a rainbow.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: April 23, 2013 19:22

Some Girls is not a great Album.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-23 19:22 by virgil.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: April 23, 2013 20:02

I like Streets of Love, as I think it's a pastiche.

I think Chuck Leavell is a great keyboardist, albeit not with the Stones.

I don't like Factory Girl on Beggars Banquet, but love Dear Doctor.

I think the first three songs on Dirty Work are great, but the rest of the album, bar Sleep Tonight, sucks.

I like most of Steel Wheels, apart from Hold On To Your Hat and Can't Be Seen.

I love Anyway You Look At It.

I think Undercover is a hidden gem, and some of the songs grow on you.

I like Flashpoint, Still Life, and Shine A Light.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: April 23, 2013 20:25

The Stones aren't a band anymore at all. They're a brand. They're corporate whores which you all bend over and spread for. They'll keep going for as long as they can bleed the wallet of blind fools who attach their own self-worth an image to, JUST like any overpriced clothing label.

People who think that they play as well now vs the pre-Vegas years are either 1) blinded by hero worship 2) blinded by brand worship 3) believe that by buying $o hard into the brand that they i) know them personally or ii) have bought a more weighted opinion of them or... 3) simply don't hear music like a musician and literally cannot tell how bad they are as long as they hear a beat and words - sort of a musical illiteracy.

The Rolling Stones are not a blues band, even for the 1-2 years when they tried to be, they were unsuccessful. The Stones are more of a 'jack-of-all-trades' band, but not a master of any.

There's nothing the The Rolling Stones do, or have ever done, that has not been bettered in some way by bands, or members of other bands. They never have truly been "The World's Greatest Rock and Roll Band" - that self-made tagline is only believed by ignorant people.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: April 23, 2013 20:32

Ron Wood was at his peak in '75, maybe '76. I left after 4 or 5 songs.

Apart from that I basically agree with the previous poster: "The Stones aren't a band anymore at all. They're a brand. They're corporate whores which you all bend over and spread for. They'll keep going for as long as they can bleed the wallet of blind fools who attach their own self-worth an image to, JUST like any overpriced clothing label".

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: April 23, 2013 20:52

jamesfdouglas
The Stones aren't a band anymore at all. They're a brand. They're corporate whores which you all bend over and spread for. They'll keep going for as long as they can bleed the wallet of blind fools who attach their own self-worth an image to, JUST like any overpriced clothing label.

People who think that they play as well now vs the pre-Vegas years are either 1) blinded by hero worship 2) blinded by brand worship 3) believe that by buying $o hard into the brand that they i) know them personally or ii) have bought a more weighted opinion of them or... 3) simply don't hear music like a musician and literally cannot tell how bad they are as long as they hear a beat and words - sort of a musical illiteracy.

The Rolling Stones are not a blues band, even for the 1-2 years when they tried to be, they were unsuccessful. The Stones are more of a 'jack-of-all-trades' band, but not a master of any.

There's nothing the The Rolling Stones do, or have ever done, that has not been bettered in some way by bands, or members of other bands. They never have truly been "The World's Greatest Rock and Roll Band" - that self-made tagline is only believed by ignorant people.

Well they are certainly better than your crappy arse band- at least you have to give them props for that.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: April 23, 2013 20:55

The noodle riff is a thing of beauty.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 23, 2013 20:58

jamesfdouglas

but tell us how you really feel..

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 23, 2013 21:06

jamesfdouglas

People who think that they play as well now vs the pre-Vegas years 3) simply don't hear music like a musician and literally cannot tell how bad they are....

You don't have to be a musician to hear how they've lost a few steps. Keith can't solo anymore. Charlie's lost that snap.

How were they unsuccessful? They had a number one hit in the UK with a stirring rendition of Little Red Rooster. The blues players they emulated praised them. If anything the Stones were masters at turning current sounds into pop records.

There's nothing The Rolling Stones do, or have ever done, that has not been bettered in some way by bands, or members of other bands.

Who did better rock/disco? Rod Stewart? I've never heard better Elizabethan pop than Lady Jane. Give me your example of better. What band had better dynamics than JJF/HTW/Brown Sugar? Okay, maybe they weren't the best Reggae band in the world. Or very good at covering the Drifters. But I could name a few cover songs they made their own, or at least equaled the original.

As for my own unpopular opinion, Indian Girl is a great song.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 23, 2013 21:17

The Rolling Stones ARE the WGRRB!
Pretty good at lots of other genres too.

Unpopular opinions:

SFTD could be dropped from the set and I wouldn't care.

I loved "Indian Girl" when it came out and still do. Ditto "Fool To Cry".

Posted by: DiscoVolante ()
Date: April 23, 2013 21:35

VT22
Ron Wood was at his peak in '75, maybe '76.

Rather in 1971. Ronnie did great with the Stones but his best contributions as a guitarist was with the Faces.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-23 21:35 by DiscoVolante.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 23, 2013 21:38

I thought Jagger's book was better than Keith's.

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: April 23, 2013 21:48

I prefer The Beatles.

I like TSMR

I like A Bigger Bang

I think a lot of IORR members live in the past and avoid the future.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 23, 2013 21:53

I intend to withhold my opinion until this thread becomes unpopular.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 23, 2013 21:56

FrankM
jamesfdouglas

Well they are certainly better than your crappy arse band- at least you have to give them props for that.

Hah!

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 23, 2013 21:57

Keith's drug abuse has been exaggerated.

I LOVE THE ROLLING STONES
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 23, 2013 22:14

I LOVE THE ROLLING STONES

smileys with beer Cheers

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: April 23, 2013 22:17

Chuck is the glue that holds the modern Stones together.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: April 23, 2013 22:17

More Hot Rocks

They did Shattered great on that tour. Going by the movie that was put out, them playing Sun Devil Stadium

Date: April 23, 2013 22:22

The t-shirts for the 50 and Counting shows were crap.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: April 23, 2013 22:28

FrankM
I think they should replace Midnight Rambler with Streets Of Love during this leg of the tour. The song needs more exposure in order for people to realize how good it is.

That song (SoL) is atrocious, far more suitable for Bon Jovi. The G-Twins should have given it to them

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-23 22:30 by triceratops.

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: April 23, 2013 22:53

Keith is better singer than Mick,
Keith's deep low voice is better that Mick's nasal whine.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: April 23, 2013 23:23

FrankM
jamesfdouglas

I gave my unpopular opinion. You chose once again to slam me personally.
Get a life, dick-muncher.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: April 23, 2013 23:23

I don`t like Sympathy and Midnight Rambler, or Gunface for that matter. Some Girls is a bit of revisionist history. Some fans seem to wrongly rate it as the new "Exile". I don`t buy the "blues thing". Stones is not a blues band to the extent of Led Zeppelin being a blues band. Stones as a live band has many times left a little to be desired. There has been The Stones as they actually are, -"live" that is, and The Stones as how we would have wished them to be.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 23, 2013 23:30

jamesfdouglas
FrankM
jamesfdouglas

I gave my unpopular opinion. You chose once again to slam me personally.
Get a life, dick-muncher.

Well they are certainly better than your crappy arse band- at least you have to give them props for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

The fun of this post is to give your unpopular opinion about the band you love (otherwise you wouldn't be here) so why get personal confused smileyconfused smileyconfused smileyconfused smileyconfused smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1638
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home