Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: KEITH IS BACK!
Posted by: rambler44 ()
Date: May 29, 2013 21:49

24FPS
He wasn't real impressive playing with Eric Clapton the other night. They're going to need Mick Taylor because it looks like Keith can only strum some rhythm now.

They haven't needed Mick Taylor in 40 goddamn years! Jesus I am so tired of all this Taylor worship. We just found out he had to go to rehab just so he could play 11 minutes on stage!!

Don't get me wrong I like Mick Taylor but Keith Richards IS THE SOUND of the Rolling Stones along with Charlie and Mick. And if you don't like him than how could you like the Stones?? YOu should just listen to the Mick Taylor solo collection since he left the Stones. How many albums was that????

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 29, 2013 21:49

..and now Keith is back to 1969...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: greenriver ()
Date: May 29, 2013 21:51

ROPENI
Of course he is back,and yes he is playing better than ever,he must be hanging out with Benny Hinn,and there was a miracle....hot smiley
If I understand well, Keith in 1973 played with 2 left hands.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: May 29, 2013 22:02

GravityBoy
Keith is mentally alert.

You can see it in his eyes.

He just must keep up this alertness and shouldn't be too "comfort" with playing.

When he is mentally alert he really brings groove to the songs.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 29, 2013 22:07

When he fired up that IORR riff last night, man . . Wow!

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: May 29, 2013 22:17

greenriver
ROPENI
Of course he is back,and yes he is playing better than ever,he must be hanging out with Benny Hinn,and there was a miracle....hot smiley
If I understand well, Keith in 1973 played with 2 left hands.
Praise the Lord a miracle has happened....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 30, 2013 00:25

rollingon
GravityBoy
Keith is mentally alert.

You can see it in his eyes.

He just must keep up this alertness and shouldn't be too "comfort" with playing.

When he is mentally alert he really brings groove to the songs.

Just leave "Fool To Cry" outta the set so we can minimize the chances for a good solid stage nap...

Posted by: tnhybrid ()
Date: May 31, 2013 09:05

Sigh. I love that song.... Wish they had played it in Anaheim.

But then, about lost my mind to hear 'Happy'. Still can't believe I finally got to see TRS.

"Just a poor girl in a rich man's house" * Rockin' in Nashville, TN!

Posted by: Glammy ()
Date: May 31, 2013 09:39

He plays mediocre at best. He is a shadow of his former self for many many years. Nowdays he's more like a poser and caricature of himself than a real musician.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: May 31, 2013 09:48

When I saw them in Anaheim, both Mick and Keith were singing higher notes than they've hit in some tours past. I'm a singer with a vocal range about equal to Mick's, so am able to judge pretty closely. I was impressed.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: May 31, 2013 13:31

Glammy
He plays mediocre at best. He is a shadow of his former self for many many years. Nowdays he's more like a poser and caricature of himself than a real musician.

Have you been to a show on this tour yet? Keith is the ultimate bandleader in 2013, come full circle IMHO.

Chicago #2 tonight with Buddy Guy

Date: May 31, 2013 16:54

Maindefender
Glammy

Have you been to a show on this tour yet? Keith is the ultimate bandleader in 2013, come full circle IMHO.

Keith ripped SFM in half in Toronto...Mick was hanging on and watching Keith's cues...Keith is carrying his usual 75%...

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 31, 2013 17:00

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: May 31, 2013 17:08

I realize it is not 1969, but on the current version of Sympathy I hear the occasional guitar and a dominant piano. The Ya Ya's version was guitar driven - and yes a lot of that drive had to do with Mick Taylor. He could help this song on the current tour. I just do not understand Wood's cheerleading approach to the song these days. Can Ron Wood play this song well - I believe he can, but for whatever reason - it appears to be a one guitar song for the past few tours.

Date: May 31, 2013 19:33

Shawn20
I realize it is not 1969, but on the current version of Sympathy I hear the occasional guitar and a dominant piano. The Ya Ya's version was guitar driven - and yes a lot of that drive had to do with Mick Taylor. He could help this song on the current tour. I just do not understand Wood's cheerleading approach to the song these days. Can Ron Wood play this song well - I believe he can, but for whatever reason - it appears to be a one guitar song for the past few tours.

But oh the piano...Chuck really shines on that one...

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 31, 2013 19:57

Maindefender
Glammy

Doesn't Chuck hold that title?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 31, 2013 20:20

vincentwhirlwind
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE NEVER WAS GONE, ONCE AGAIN.
JEROEN

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 31, 2013 21:10

Munichhilton
Shawn20

I listened for the first time to a high quality recording of the Oakland show, which I attended. When listening to the recording, Chuck's piano really destroyed 'Sympathy' for me. It's sooooo bad. What's interesting is I enjoyed the song quite a bit in person. I couldn't really hear Chuck's piano in the arena. Not sure if that was because I was on the opposite side of the stage or not. Just another interesting example of how being at the show is so different from listening to the audio.

By the way, I agree that Keith is Back! His guitar playing while certainly past its prime is much better than it has been and he's really been focusing on playing the guiter, and the 2 numbers he sung were fantastic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-31 21:11 by sonomastone.

Date: May 31, 2013 21:24

rambler44
24FPS
He wasn't real impressive playing with Eric Clapton the other night. They're going to need Mick Taylor because it looks like Keith can only strum some rhythm now.

They haven't needed Mick Taylor in 40 goddamn years! Jesus I am so tired of all this Taylor worship. We just found out he had to go to rehab just so he could play 11 minutes on stage!!

Don't get me wrong I like Mick Taylor but Keith Richards IS THE SOUND of the Rolling Stones along with Charlie and Mick. And if you don't like him than how could you like the Stones?? YOu should just listen to the Mick Taylor solo collection since he left the Stones. How many albums was that????

How many good albums have the Stones released since Mick taylor left..
not that many i think
Jeroen

Date: May 31, 2013 21:28

Black n Blue, Some girls,Tattoo you, steel wheels,voodoo lounge were great since taylor left.

Jeroen

Tattoo you does not really count

Date: May 31, 2013 21:32

corriecas
Black n Blue, Some girls,Tattoo you, steel wheels,voodoo lounge were great since taylor left.

Jeroen

Tattoo you does not really count

this thread has jumped the shark if we are really starting to compare mick taylor's solo career to the Stones post-74.

Date: May 31, 2013 21:57

sonomastone
Munichhilton
Shawn20

I listened for the first time to a high quality recording of the Oakland show, which I attended. When listening to the recording, Chuck's piano really destroyed 'Sympathy' for me. It's sooooo bad. What's interesting is I enjoyed the song quite a bit in person. I couldn't really hear Chuck's piano in the arena. Not sure if that was because I was on the opposite side of the stage or not. Just another interesting example of how being at the show is so different from listening to the audio.

By the way, I agree that Keith is Back! His guitar playing while certainly past its prime is much better than it has been and he's really been focusing on playing the guiter, and the 2 numbers he sung were fantastic.

I think the recording is a better representation of what one actually hears at the show. Too many variables and too much excitement cut into the meat of what is actually being played. I had no idea how badly they destroyed Sway in Austin until the DVD.

Just like the camera don't lie...neither does the Schoeps...

Posted by: flashhh ()
Date: May 31, 2013 23:02

Keith is back, huh? You must be listening to someone else. Keith is nowhere near the player he used to be. How could he be with those fingers of his?

Date: May 31, 2013 23:03

No...We just mean he's back...like he was running an errand for Chuck but now he's back.

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: June 1, 2013 00:01

flashhh
Keith is back, huh? You must be listening to someone else. Keith is nowhere near the player he used to be. How could he be with those fingers of his?

Easy - just playing the guitar, no problemo.

Date: June 1, 2013 00:03

flashhh

I think it is crazy to think anyone would be playing like they did in the late 60s or early 70s. I think he is back in the sense that he seems to have a renewed focus on playing the guitar and sounds good.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 1, 2013 01:06

For the record, Mick Taylor was afflicted with horrible back pain and in order to continue playing LIVE, he started using heavy duty pain killers quite awhile ago. Of course he got hooked and it's been tough for him to get clean with the chronic pain. It's not like he was using heroin or crack.
That being said, sure, the Stones did fine without him but the point is how awesome they were WITH HIM! There is no denying that the guy is smooth beyond words, fluid and crazy gifted as a guitar player and THAT benefits the Stones. Someone I do feel bad that they actually HAVE HIM on TOUR with them and yet only utilize that giant talent for 2 numbers. It seems criminal to me.

Date: June 1, 2013 01:57

mickschix
For the record, Mick Taylor was afflicted with horrible back pain and in order to continue playing LIVE, he started using heavy duty pain killers quite awhile ago. Of course he got hooked and it's been tough for him to get clean with the chronic pain. It's not like he was using heroin or crack.
That being said, sure, the Stones did fine without him but the point is how awesome they were WITH HIM! There is no denying that the guy is smooth beyond words, fluid and crazy gifted as a guitar player and THAT benefits the Stones. Someone I do feel bad that they actually HAVE HIM on TOUR with them and yet only utilize that giant talent for 2 numbers. It seems criminal to me.

This is a thread about Keith Richards.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 1, 2013 07:38

Munichhilton
Maindefender
Glammy

Keith ripped SFM in half in Toronto...Mick was hanging on and watching Keith's cues...Keith is carrying his usual 75%...

I noticed that too. First time in awhile that I felt like Keith was running things. All tour I have felt that his rhythm work has been tight.....He still controls MR and its subtle changes as well as ever. Its just a damn shame they dont reel in some of the noodling. I just don't think he can physically do it some nights......Christ. I'm 41 and I can't make my fingers work some evenings.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: June 1, 2013 12:27

roby

Awkward. Ronnie or Mick Taylor should do the solo. Keith is back on the SAL-level.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1737
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home