Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
KEITH IS BACK!
Posted by: vincentwhirlwind ()
Date: April 14, 2013 22:25

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: KEITH IS BACK!
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 14, 2013 22:26

HE NEVER WAS GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: vincentwhirlwind ()
Date: April 14, 2013 22:28

He looked pretty lost when he played with Elvis Costello................

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 15, 2013 09:51

He wasn't real impressive playing with Eric Clapton the other night. They're going to need Mick Taylor because it looks like Keith can only strum some rhythm now.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 15, 2013 09:58

...Back Richards ....Okay if you say so...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: roby ()
Date: April 15, 2013 10:08

24FPS
He wasn't real impressive playing with Eric Clapton the other night. They're going to need Mick Taylor because it looks like Keith can only strum some rhythm now.

Yes, his solo is really poor.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: April 15, 2013 10:16

The Rolling Stones just played five gigs and sounded pretty damn good with Mick Taylor guesting on one song. It's like a constant echo here- they have to have Mick Taylor. Ronnie played very well and, believe it or not, Keith Richards is the music of the band. He acquitted himself very nicely in December and will do again.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: April 15, 2013 10:21

Keith is Bach.

That would make an interesting episode of Doctor Who.

Date: April 15, 2013 10:29

roby
24FPS

Yes, his solo is really poor.

By that logic his solos on Bitch, Little Queenie, Tie You Up, Star Star and others are poor, too. This kind of soloing IS a very vital part of the Stones's sound.

It makes me wonder why you like the Stones, if you don't like Keith's CB-solos? And, yes, I got the two tenths of a second-mistake he did in the beginning of Key To The Highway.

Stuff like this differ the Stones from the other "perfected" rock bands, imo. Taylor also made mistakes on MR, but that doesn't mean his solos weren't great and suitable.

Date: April 15, 2013 10:44

I like the Stones, but I am able to admit when a solo is missed... how can you compare this solo in 2013 whith the ones on Bitch, Little Queenie, Tie You Up, Star Star years ago ? Be serious winking smiley

Date: April 15, 2013 10:50

roby
I like the Stones, but I am able to admit when a solo is missed... how can you compare this solo in 2013 whith the ones on Bitch, Little Queenie, Tie You Up, Star Star years ago ? Be serious winking smiley

It's the same licks. And this time they're played more convincingly than in many years, imo.

The solo on Bitch (album version) is far from great, technically. But I wouldn't change it with anything, regarding the suitability for the song. It's the same thing here on Sweet Little Rock'n'roller. Clapton plays better techically, but what Keith is playing - with the double and triple string-attack is FAR better for the song.

Posted by: howled ()
Date: April 15, 2013 10:57

roby

Keith is doing his Chuck Berry thang on Bitch and he's doing his Chuck Berry thang on the recent Sweet Little Rock and Roller, not much difference from a guitar playing perspective.

One is with the Stones and one is with EC.

Keith is not a EC style player, he's a Chuck/Blues player.

I thought all this was pretty well known, anyway.

Keith is good at songwriting and Chuck/Blues, and going off on a Blues solo like EC or Taylor would is not and never has been Keith's thang.

What does someone want to hear, Stones songs with Keith's playing and feel and Chuck/Blues solos, or 10 minute blues solos.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-15 11:01 by howled.

Posted by: howled ()
Date: April 15, 2013 11:05

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-15 11:07 by howled.

Date: April 15, 2013 11:11

You right with the Keith Chuck Berry spirit, of course. But come on, his "Key on the Highway" solo here is not good. The begining is a little disaster.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: April 15, 2013 12:21

Keith was awsome on both number.

Nobody can play like him, his style is so great.

And looks healthy, ready to tour.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 15, 2013 14:33

I think the bar has been lowered more than most people realize, but that said it is nice to see him actually playing again.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 15, 2013 17:20

yes he is!

oh ..wait

wrong bluesman

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 15, 2013 17:22

Keith was great...4 out of 5 dentists agree

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: April 15, 2013 17:33

KEITH IS FRONT!

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: April 15, 2013 19:49

Rockman
...Back Richards ....Okay if you say so...
Aaaaah, Rockman is back!!! For one more time, you made me laugh in an otherwise very bad day! THANK YOU! GOD BLESS YOU!

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 15, 2013 20:35

I was glad to see Keith able to stand up and get into his playing. He was certainly trying.

Still, I have always loved "Key to The Highway" and this was a terrible version.

High marks to Clapton for allowing it.

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: April 15, 2013 23:16

Did I read correctly that someone thought Keith was bad on this? This was a good effort! He was really trying and it sounded great! He's actually trying to sing again. Like Mick said, Keith's been working hard lately. Keith also said he can be on the lazy side in an interview I read recently. But I think he's gotten past the rustiness he talked about on Fallon. Nice short and sweet solo, executed perfectly! I'm impressed. The solo sounded more like T-Bone Walker than Chuck Berry.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: April 16, 2013 01:50

Hey man, what's up?

[www.iorr.org]

Wid dat? smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-16 01:53 by shadooby.

Date: May 6, 2013 06:27

vincentwhirlwind
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Indeed he is! Love your user name.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 6, 2013 11:06

Keith Richards by Tiago Hoisel

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 29, 2013 20:51

Not sure if he's "back" but GS in Chicago last night is probably the best I've heard him play it since the 50th and Couting started. It's nice to be able to enjoy that fabulous song and not worry about Keith hitting a bum note or not getting the "swing" quite right...feels like 1997 again!

Here it is :

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 29, 2013 20:54

Keith is mentally alert.

You can see it in his eyes.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: May 29, 2013 21:00

Of course he is back,and yes he is playing better than ever,he must be hanging out with Benny Hinn,and there was a miracle....hot smiley

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 29, 2013 21:41

dude...

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 29, 2013 21:43

Keith's back...

$85 seats behind the stage obviously...

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1005
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home