Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 37
Re: SUMMARY - Confusion on "Seating Chart" at Hyde Park ! Rip-off for Diamond/T1 and Gold/T2 Tickets ?
Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 5, 2013 16:25

I didn't complain having to pay €500 (twice) for their O2 gigs. I knew what I bought.

This is like buying a stones ticket, but you only get the dvd.
This has got to change.

Re: SUMMARY - Confusion on "Seating Chart" at Hyde Park ! Rip-off for Diamond/T1 and Gold/T2 Tickets ?
Posted by: beepee2 ()

Mr. Rob Hallett: rob@aeglive.co.uk

Posted by: crawdaddy ()

The Rolling Stones have actually paid someone to come up with all this Tier 1,2 and 3 crap along with the hospitality, crappy overpriced beer tents etc.

Hard to believe it all realy. confused smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 5, 2013 16:27

For completeness I looked up the actual "Hospitality" packages and did find a specific reference to the different standing areas, T1 and T2. With the current layout of the Stones's twitter (courtesy of Grrrrregory ?) there is only "gold circle", hopefully it's an early sketch and Grrrrregory was busy eating bananas when it got finalized !

Bon Jovi & Rolling Stones (5 July - 6 July) Hospitality Weekend Offer
The Kings of Rock Package (Two Nights of live music featuring Bon Jovi and The Rolling Stones)includes:

Seat located in the hospitality grandstand
Reception drink followed by three course buffet in the King’s View Lounge
Inclusive wine, beer and soft drinks throughout the day
Programme
Souvenir tour badge & lanyard
Dedicated hospitality entrance
Opportunity to purchase a ticket upgrade to the King’s View Terrace*
Souvenir tour programme

The Rock Garden – Tier One Standing (Two Nights of live music featuring Bon Jovi and The Rolling Stones) includes:

Standing ticket located in tier one standing
Selection of street food offers available
Inclusive beer, wine soft drinks throughout the day
Souvenir tour badge and lanyard
Event lanyard
Access to post show party

The Rock Garden – Tier Two Standing (Two Nights of live music featuring Bon Jovi and The Rolling Stones) includes:

Standing ticket located in tier two standing
Selection of street food offers available
Inclusive beer, wine and soft drinks throughout the day
Souvenir tour badge and lanyard
Event lanyard
Access to post show party

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 5, 2013 16:28

gotdablouse
I don't think TM can be faulted here, they just drew up what the descriptions on the official festival site said. These descriptions are the crux of the matter here, and here they are again :

GA Tier 1 – access to the area directly in front of the stage
GA Tier 2 – access to an area closer to the stage than general admission
GA Tier 3 – access to the main spectator area

FIRST POST UPDATED ! Holler if you see anything that should be added!

Yes, you are 100% right. These descriptions are absolutely where the fault lies. No one in their right mind reading those descriptions would EVER come up with a layout like the one now provided.

Date: April 5, 2013 16:31

beepee2

email sent

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: April 5, 2013 16:33

Mine too, also to MJ's twitter account

Satisfied since 1976

Date: April 5, 2013 16:43

crawdaddy
The Rolling Stones have actually paid someone to come up with all this Tier 1,2 and 3 crap along with the hospitality, crappy overpriced beer tents etc.

Hard to believe it all realy. confused smiley

Doesn't make sense indeed, there must be a logical explanation to this mess and a quick fix!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 16:43 by gotdablouse.

Re: SUMMARY - Confusion on "Seating Chart" at Hyde Park ! Rip-off for Diamond and Gold Tix ?
Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 5, 2013 16:44

gotdablouse
@BowieStone - What's that "some controversy" you're referring to? Did it occur when the BJ tickets went on sale ?
[/quote]

I think the new lay out is a reaction to the reports they refer to on their facebook page:

"Contrary to reports in the press, if you buy a £95 ticket to see the Stones in Hyde Park you have the opportunity to go right to the front of the stage, where the action is!"

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 5, 2013 16:47

People,

Just a thought, but is it possible that the diamond tier 1 & gold tier 2 area are actually located in front of the stage and accessed with a walkway from the bar/grandstand areas, which would mean in effect that the front of the GA tier 3 ticket area is not right up in front of the stage, it's behind the gold as was originally thought by all of us who went with the tier 1 tickets ?

I'm just wondering, if looking at the new layout diagram, whether they simply haven't drawn in the actually diamond/gold areas slap bang in front of the stage, and accessible by a specific walkway of sorts ?

What think we ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Re: SUMMARY - Confusion on "Seating Chart" at Hyde Park ! Rip-off for Diamond and Gold Tix ?
Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: April 5, 2013 16:48

BowieStone

I think the new lay out is a reaction to the reports they refer to on their facebook page:

"Contrary to reports in the press, if you buy a £95 ticket to see the Stones in Hyde Park you have the opportunity to go right to the front of the stage, where the action is!"

Yes, but that could still be true with the Bon Jovi-style layout. People with GA can still get to the front of stage, but not in the centre.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 16:52 by nobodyimportant.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: April 5, 2013 16:49

gotdablouse
beepee2

email sent

Me too.

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()

Lost all that treasure in an overseas war
It just goes to show you don't get what you paid for
Bowing to the rich and worrying about the poor
Put my feet up on the couch and lock all the doors
Hear a funky noise
That's the tightening of the screws

paulywaul
People,

Just a thought, but is it possible that the diamond tier 1 & gold tier 2 area are actually located in front of the stage and accessed with a walkway from the bar/grandstand areas, which would mean in effect that the front of the GA tier 3 ticket area is not right up in front of the stage, it's behind the gold as was originally thought by all of us who went with the tier 1 tickets ?

I'm just wondering, if looking at the new layout diagram, whether they simply haven't drawn in the actually diamond/gold areas slap bang in front of the stage, and accessible by a specific walkway of sorts ?

What think we ?

Ok, only explanation is there is a tongue in front of the stage as for last Autumn.

This way: DC/GC have access inside. GA touches the tongue, so are technically next to the stage.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 5, 2013 16:50

A comment on Facebook:

"I bought tier 2 tickets. I have been on the phone to Hyde Park who gave me the number for AXS, dont no if these are a sponsor company. Told them my concerns, and said about the new bottle neck layout that has been posted. Guy on the phone said that within the general admission will be barriers sparating tier 1 - front. tier 2 - just behind and tier 3 back. I'm not so sure though. Need some definite answers. How can it be right someone who has paid half the price for a ticket be closer to the stage, go back to the original layout everyone is happy then. Get what ya pay for as it should be!!!!!"

I guess we will know more later. Just calm down, people.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: April 5, 2013 16:52

As a fan who can only afford a £95 ticket, I’m more than happy with this layout. I can understand why people who have stumped a vast amount of money feel cheated but I think the best thing you can do is request a refund. They would have been better off just having one ticket price.

Date: April 5, 2013 16:53

The intern at AEG needs to open up his Microsoft Paint again and draw a few more lines on his chart.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 5, 2013 16:58

I'll admit to just a touch of malicious glee that for once the toffs might not have managed to hog all the goodies by waving fistfuls of fivers - but there's probably some explanation that isn't obvious from the "bottleneck" diagram. Anyway, I got what I paid for!

Posted by: RG ()
Date: April 5, 2013 17:02

beepee2
The intern at AEG needs to open up his Microsoft Paint again and draw a few more lines on his chart.

Haha LOL. But you're right!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 5, 2013 17:03

Hahahaha!

The first The Stones make angry the poor fan section either by them not wanting to buy at all the "cheap" ticket option since they will be too far from the action, or if accepting the deal, they will moan since having poor "seats".

Then the rich elite folk section go mad since they have bought the most expensive tickets, and seemingly they will not get as good "seats" as they thought they can have with all their money. Instead these poor buggers will be there...

Priceless.>grinning smiley<

- Doxa

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: April 5, 2013 17:05

Green Lady
I'll admit to just a touch of malicious glee that for once the toffs might not have managed to hog all the goodies by waving fistfuls of fivers - but there's probably some explanation that isn't obvious from the "bottleneck" diagram. Anyway, I got what I paid for!

I'm no "toff", I've been saving up for this after not being able to afford the O2 last year.

I went to HRC last year and couldn't see a damn thing cos I'm only 5'1". I just wanted a safe place to stand where I could see the stage, not have to stand there for hours, and be able to go in and out without losing my spot. I'm going alone and don't have anyone to keep a place for me.

Posted by: muziek ()
Date: April 5, 2013 17:14

besides that it this is unbelievable at all,it seems to me when i look at that picture at the park it,s not save at all. so i hope and think that the security people and authorities of london will not allow this setting at all.rene

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 5, 2013 17:18

muziek
besides that it this is unbelievable at all,it seems to me when i look at that picture at the park it,s not save at all. so i hope and think that the security people and authorities of london will not allow this setting at all.rene

Not safe, you mean? No, it's not safe. It's a disaster in the making.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 17:18 by tatters.

Posted by: Doxa ()

Maybe still is some old Hyde Park feeling still left... now the atmosphere in front of the stage is granted when the "multitude" is allowed to conquer the area. And who knows, like Jagger has hinted, they might even open the gates altogether...

Maye there is a bit of "Street Fighting Man" and "Salt of Earth" left in Sir Mick, or he is getting nostalgic in his old age...

"Honey, is no rock and roll Vegas show..."smoking smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: NickB ()

Maybe the stage will be the same as the O2 shows but larger with Diamond and Gold ticket holders inside the tongue and the £95 ticket holders on the outside of the tongue...Just a thought and everyone's happy.....Except me I didn't get a ticket. So I'm thoroughly pissed off.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Date: April 5, 2013 17:19

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 17:22 by gotdablouse.

Date: April 5, 2013 17:23

Yeah doxa buzz off will ya with your childish comments, weren't you supposed to have "retired" from the board anyway?

@ nobodyimportant - Right, no one needs to justify their choices, the issue at hand is that tickets were sold with fraudulent descriptions, it seems.

@paulywaul - interesting but is there yet another new chart I've missed? There does indeed seem to be some space between the stage and GA, but it's a rough drawing anyway so I'm not sure much can be concluded from that gap and the "Gold Circle" is clearly highlighted. I guess they could squeeze in DC people in that gap but that still wouldn't make it right for GC.

As beepee2 says, the only good explanation is that there is a tongue/catwalk that way: DC/GC have access inside. GA touches the tongue, so are technically next to the stage.

That would also mean that the "Gold Circle" is in fact the "Unwind Backstage Bar" but Grrregory mistyped!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 5, 2013 17:28

Green Lady

I would like to think that you regret making that statement. It's got nothing to do with being a toff, which most of us that have fought for tickets are NOT. It is simply a question of having been deceived, at least until such time as BST Hyde Park or AEG clear this issue up. You earns your money and you buys your ticket, plain and simple; leave class warfare out of it I might suggest - unless you'd like to open up a very painful, unnecessary, and acrimonious discussion ! Personally I wouldn't, lets leave it at that !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 5, 2013 17:29

Doxa
Hahahaha!

The first The Stones make angry the poor fan section either by them not wanting to buy at all the "cheap" ticket option since they will be too far from the action, or if accepting the deal, they will moan since having poor "seats".

Then the rich elite folk section go mad since they have bought the most expensive tickets, and seemingly they will not get as good "seats" as they thought they can have with all their money. Instead these poor buggers will be there...

Priceless.>grinning smiley<

- Doxa

Speaking for myself (and I don't qualify for membership of any rich elite, as it happens, so you can throw that generalisation out of the window), I did say in a much earlier post that I was pleased that £95 ticket holders could get to the front. I have no objection to that. What I do object to is being misled at the point of sale. That is the issue here as far as I'm concerned.

All that said, the situation as you describe it is indeed laughable!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 5, 2013 17:30

Not sure about the tongue setup given that Bon Jovi apparently has the "circle" setup - and that on the previous evening. Of course it could technically be possible to change things up, but they really would only have over night and the next morning to clean up, make the switch from the circle setup to the tongue setup and then let people in at 2 PM.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1680
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home