Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3132333435363738394041...LastNext
Current Page: 36 of 76
Re: Hyde Park London July 2013 show planning & tickets
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 19, 2013 23:56

Silver Dagger
Gazza
Blue is the colour.

I thought I'd never hear you say that Gazza.

Only one of my three teams is red, mate.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 20, 2013 00:04

Aquamarine
It all seems too complicated. But aren't Tier 1 and 2 supposed to have a special entrance? And do all the payband people get to go through it first?

It does indeed all seem too complicated, especially since my UK-resident friends can't even get the silly site to cooperate.
Yep, Tier 1 & 2 are supposed to have their own entrance. I suppose it might be faster still with this band thing, but damn!
It really seems to be dubious legally to keep furriners in line longer than UK residents -
but that's the kind of thing that happens with events organized by outfits that have never dealt with Stones fans before -
websites crash in three seconds ~ crowds gather at gates before dawn ~ waving blue bands in the air
charging at the gatekeepers and crying "this ain't fair" ... and so on spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Ahem! I mean: I love the Rolling Stones, but all this disorganization and disinformation is really frustrating

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-20 00:05 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 20, 2013 00:11

Summer's here, and the time is right for fighting in the street, trying to get into the park . . .

Date: June 20, 2013 00:17

From what I can understand there are:

- Tier 1 with paybands - Quick entrance
- Tier 2 with paybands - Quick entrance
- Tier 2 without paybands - Quicker entrance than other punters, but have to wait for Tier 1 and 2 with the unwind bar-thing.

Anyone who can confirm this? There might be a Tier 1 without paybands as well, but I didn't bother to check, as I have Tier 2 without paybands myself.

Confusing? Yep...

Date: June 20, 2013 00:19

with sssoul
If it really gives UK residents faster entry to an event like this that's bigotry, isn't it?
I wonder if it's legal to do that.

I'll ask a UK resident to do this for me, but how does one put funds into it?

I dont think Barclaycards are available outside the UK< are they?

Its not that unusual. Gig sponsor or venue gives their customers a perk. Usually its a presale like 02 would do (and did for the 2007 London shows). Happens all the time all over the world and many of them do tend to have a customer base only within the country where the show is taking place.

Its not really of much value other than for a shortened queue at the bar. Of the people I'll be going to the show with, probably none of them live in the UK and wont have a payband. So I wont be using it to get early access as I dont want to get separated - and most people going to the show wont be there at noon for opening time either.

The only people having an advantage will be the fittest, because its a bloody long run from the entrance to the stage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-20 00:21 by Gazza.

Date: June 20, 2013 00:30

But Gazza honey, all the announcements say you don't have to have a Barclay card to get one of these,
so it's not a perk for customers.

Date: June 20, 2013 00:33

The fine print says for UK residents only, apparently...

Date: June 20, 2013 00:33

DandelionPowderman

- Tier 2 without paybands - Quicker entrance than other punters, but have to wait for Tier 1 and 2 with the unwind bar-thing.

Anyone who can confirm this? There might be a Tier 1 without paybands as well, but I didn't bother to check, as I have Tier 2 without paybands myself.

Confusing? Yep...

What I understand is that Tiers 1 & 2 are not let in quicker than the other punters -
their entrance is a lot closer to the stage, though, so they won't have as far to run.

And yes there is supposed to be a Tier 1 Without Paybands entrance as well, which I guess will be a somewhat slower line than Tier 1 With.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-20 11:20 by with sssoul.

Date: June 20, 2013 00:37

with sssoul
DandelionPowderman

Confusing? Yep...

What I understand is that Tiers 1 & 2 are not let in quicker than the other punters -
their entrance is a lot closer to the stage, though, so they won't have as far to run.

And yes there is supposed to be a Tier 1 Without Paybands entrance as well, which I guess will be a somewhat faster line than the Tier 1 With.

It says "separate entrance/quicker entrance", or something, but that's probably because this entrance is closer to the stage?

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 20, 2013 00:52

DandelionPowderman

Confusing? Yep...

I'm even MORE confused now, if humanly possible. I've got that unwind bar thing, because they never gave me a refund despite repeated requests. But I can't get a payband because I'm not a UK resident (even though, ironically, I'm a dual citizen). So--I give up, my brain hurts.

Date: June 20, 2013 00:58

Aquamarine
DandelionPowderman

Confusing? Yep...

I'm even MORE confused now, if humanly possible. I've got that unwind bar thing, because they never gave me a refund despite repeated requests. But I can't get a payband because I'm not a UK resident (even though, ironically, I'm a dual citizen). So--I give up, my brain hurts.

You should definitely get a payband smiling smiley What a mess...

Date: June 20, 2013 00:59

with sssoul
But Gazza honey, all the announcements say you don't have to have a Barclay card to get one of these,
so it's not a perk for customers.

DandelionPowderman
The fine print says for UK residents only, apparently...

I see....ah ok. Still, point remains. Sort of. There have been plenty of times for US shows when Ive been shut out of presales or even public sales due to not being a resident of that country.

Date: June 20, 2013 01:08

DandelionPowderman
It says "separate entrance/quicker entrance", or something, but that's probably because this entrance is closer to the stage?

Closer to the stage, and fewer punters in those Tiers than in Tier 3, which should mean shorter lines.
Presumably :E

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: June 20, 2013 02:14

The Barclaycard Payband gives you access to the fast-track entrance (at the top end of Hyde Park, near Marble Arch), NOT early access. It's just a way of streaming people through. Anyone who is realistically going to turn up at 12.00 and run to the barrier for the Stones ( and miss out on everything else happening) will get there, no problem. Tier 1 & 2 have separate entrances at the bottom end of Hyde Park, with those who have got the Barclaycard Unwind Bar, having a fast-track through there as well. I have got my Barclaycard Payband and will use it for beer, more beer and occasional food (up to the £20 transaction limit......so don't go and buy more than 6 beers at once) which is what it's all about. It's just a convenient cashless system which will save time in the queues, no more, no less.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: samunknown ()
Date: June 20, 2013 05:34

belo99
BST told me yesterday via Twitter:

Hi there, the Rolling Stones tickets are being dispatched this week international special delivery.

Hope they will arrive soon.
i wonder... did anyone got an email send that they were send out with a track code??

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 20, 2013 11:12

I have just a general ticket and have been offered the payband, looking at all the other posts is this right?

Date: June 20, 2013 11:22

odean73
I have just a general ticket and have been offered the payband, looking at all the other posts is this right?

I know people who didn't buy any tickets at all and were offered the possibility of applying for a payband,
so yes that's right - but you need to have a UK address in order to have your application accepted.

Posted by: Jackglfc ()
Date: June 20, 2013 11:23

I'm going to try and get as close to the front as possible, I will get to Hyde Park for around 12.30

I have a payband and a tier three ticket, hopefully fast track will get me to the front grinning smiley

Date: June 20, 2013 11:48

with sssoul
odean73

I know people who didn't buy any tickets at all and were offered the possibility of applying for a payband,
so yes that's right - but you need to have a UK address in order to have your application accepted.

thanks for the info.

Live in the Uk, so no problem with that.

jsut wonder if its worth it thou, but saying that, i have to fly back from Spain and it would mean less risk of losing some hyde park spending money during flights,hyde park and then flying back to Spain.

Date: June 20, 2013 12:09

with sssoul
odean73

I was offered to apply as well yesterday.

I tried, but I guess "Norway" or "Oslo" didn't qualify as good as a county as "Germany" did... smiling smiley

Going to Hyde Park 2 with my girlfriend!
Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: June 20, 2013 10:05

First time we met was at a stonesshow back in 2007...

This will be a very special moment for me, thanks to Mick & Keith we are a couple today. Hope she will enjoy the show.

Re: Going to Hyde Park 2 with my girlfriend!
Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: June 20, 2013 10:39

great ...and let`s have a beer together, see you

Date: June 20, 2013 10:52

thumbs up

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: June 20, 2013 11:21

If your girlfriend will not enjoy the show she will send you to hell.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 20, 2013 11:31

And you don't show us a picture of the lucky lady? Shame on you.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 20, 2013 12:04

Yeah, pics or it never happened!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-20 12:04 by gotdablouse.

Date: June 20, 2013 12:20

austrianstones
great ...and let`s have a beer together, see you

thumbs up

Date: June 20, 2013 12:20

Silver Dagger
And you don't show us a picture of the lucky lady? Shame on you.

Will post a pic off course!

Date: June 20, 2013 14:53

I was expecting quite a few posts today, with people stating that they have recieved their tickets today or yesterday.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: June 20, 2013 15:18

odean73
I was expecting quite a few posts today, with people stating that they have recieved their tickets today or yesterday.

OK, I'll oblige. Notice of documents to be signed for was waiting for me when I got back from work last night but I won't be able to collect from the sorting office until Saturday. But, yes, the tickets were sent.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3132333435363738394041...LastNext
Current Page: 36 of 76

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2198
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home