Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 56
Re: 2013 Rehearsals (Thought New Thread Was Necessary)
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 15, 2013 06:29

flacnvinyl
Woooaaaahhh folks... I was just saying that if you are going to start a thread it might as well have some content. Starting a thread and saying "we don't know anything" is kindof pointless, right? I know for a fact they wont rehearse in my hometown, but I'm not starting a thread on it!

(And yes, I know, they traditionally rehearse in Toronto.)

<<< it might as well have some content >>>

Well it does, some 26 pages worth of it at the moment ...

<<< "we don't know anything" >>>

There you are, that's the content ... all 26 glorious pages of it

Now please don't go and spoil everybody's fun by announcing something worthwhile, such as WHERE they're playing and WHEN they're playing and HOW MUCH tickets will cost and WHEN they go on sale. There's no place for such useful information on this particular thread.

If you wish to supply that particular variety of information, start another one. We here are strictly concerned with the business of not knowing anything whatsoever, and endless re-affirming this fact to one another .........

Heavens above, the next thing we know is that you'll even be wanting to know what time the show(s) start ??

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Re: Countdown to The Rolling Stones 2013 Tour
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 15, 2013 06:42

what have we heard, 18 cities total?

Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal...that leaves 15 US cities.

Mostly on the coasts? LA, San Fran, NY (again?), Chicago, Las Vegas, Boston, Philadelphia, Miami?, Seattle? (would they do both Seattle and Vancouver?)

This is getting tense.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 15, 2013 08:48

It looks like the announcement is comming on the April Fools' day

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: March 15, 2013 09:05

treaclefingers

18 shows, not 18 cities.

Date: March 15, 2013 09:15

erikjjf
treaclefingers

18 shows, not 18 cities.

Oh dear, in that case I've probably got most of the cities listed already.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 15, 2013 10:20

daytime
I just read somewhere that there will be a possiblity of more west coast shows not only LA/LV but now Portland, Seattle, maybe Vancouver and Toronto.

Seems pretty unlikely with the big tour days now over, where did you read that?

Rolling Stones will Play 2 Nights in Hyde Parke on July 6th and July 13th ?
Posted by: chemicalreaction ()
Date: March 14, 2013 22:25

www.showbiz411.com

Re: Rolling Stones will Play 2 Nights in Hyde Parke on July 6th and July 13th ?
Date: March 14, 2013 22:29

Works for me! Sign me up for two concerts in the diamond circle with a week of fun in London in the middle!

Posted by: chemicalreaction ()
Date: March 14, 2013 22:47

The Rolling Stones did so well with their New York shows, you can expect them back to work shortly. I can tell you exclusively that the Stones will play two shows in London’s Hyde Park. The likely dates are July 6th and July 13th. (I guess it will take one week to clean up between shows.) The Stones are also confirmed for 18 U.S. arenas. The tour is supposed to start on the West Coast, maybe in Vancouver.
And: the rumors about Glastonbury are apparently true as well. My sources say it’s a go. The festival runs June 26 to the 30th.
In the East, Philadelphia has been set. The big question mark is New York: whether to wrap it all up in Madison Square Garden or at MetLife (formerly Giants) Stadium. It would seem appropriate for the final US Rolling Stones shows to be at MSG. It’s just all about the money. Australian Paul Dainty is promoting the arenas for Richard Branson and Virgin Live. AEG Live has the London shows.
The next questions will be guest stars, opening acts, etc. And ticket prices should be absolutely off the wall.
Categories: Celebrity, Music

www.showbiz411.com

Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: March 14, 2013 23:04

Leaks are springing - I guess we should see some offial news soon ot they will loose the opportunity to announce.

Posted by: daytime ()
Date: March 15, 2013 02:38

chemicalreaction
The Rolling Stones did so well with their New York shows, you can expect them back to work shortly. I can tell you exclusively that the Stones will play two shows in London’s Hyde Park. The likely dates are July 6th and July 13th. (I guess it will take one week to clean up between shows.) The Stones are also confirmed for 18 U.S. arenas. The tour is supposed to start on the West Coast, maybe in Vancouver.

Vancouver, that will be nice. I hope they do two shows there, one at BC Place Stadium and one at Rogers Arena. Where is the info of starting in Vancouver coming from...anyone?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-15 02:39 by daytime.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 15, 2013 02:50

What exactly does ticket prices off the wall mean? I'm offended...

Date: March 15, 2013 06:28

Well if they are starting in Vancouver...woo hoo!

Posted by: PeanutGallery ()
Date: March 15, 2013 06:29

chemicalreaction

In the East, Philadelphia has been set. The big question mark is New York: whether to wrap it all up in Madison Square Garden or at MetLife (formerly Giants) Stadium. It would seem appropriate for the final US Rolling Stones shows to be at MSG. It’s just all about the money. Australian Paul Dainty is promoting the arenas for Richard Branson and Virgin Live. AEG Live has the London shows.

www.showbiz411.com

If true, interesting that Branson would allow himself to lose out to AEG for the UK shows in his own backyard when he trying to launch VirginLive. Is there a second source on this?

Peanut
PeanutGallery

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 15, 2013 06:49

gotdablouse
Works for me! Sign me up for two concerts in the diamond circle with a week of fun in London in the middle!

Works for me too .......... 13 stops on the Tube "door to door" !!

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: March 15, 2013 10:42

I thought the Council had transferred the Hyde Park gigs to the Olympic Stadium?

I'm sure I read that Hyde Park gigs were no more.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: March 15, 2013 11:16

GravityBoy
I thought the Council had transferred the Hyde Park gigs to the Olympic Stadium?

Barclaycard presents British Summer Time Hyde Park, a ground breaking new summer concert series from Friday 5 July - Sunday 14 July 2013.

Live music events

Six ticketed live music events will take place on the Great Oak stage over back to back weekends.

The first headlining act will be Bon Jovi on Friday 5 July.

More high profile acts will be announced in the following weeks.

[www.royalparks.org.uk]

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 15, 2013 11:47

GravityBoy

Yes, they have been. Here's the story in The Guardian from january 2013.

[www.guardian.co.uk]

Live Nation has secured an exclusive deal to host gigs at the Olympic Stadium in east London, with the Wireless and Hard Rock Calling festivals scheduled for July.

The world's biggest live music company, which last year brought the curtain down on more than a decade of running events at Hyde Park, has secured a deal to host events in the Olympic Park and Stadium this summer.

Live Nation has struck the deal with the London Legacy Development Corporation, which is tasked with securing the future of the Olympic Park complex in Stratford.

"Our vision for the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park has always been as a destination for world class sport as well as major cultural and leisure events," said London mayor Boris Johnson, chairman of the LLDC. "The confidence shown by one of the world's leading live entertainment promoters to relocate two of its biggest music festivals from the centre of the capital is a ringing endorsement of out legacy plans."

Live Nation has confirmed the Wireless Festival and Hard Rock Calling, which had been held at Hyde Park, will be held in the North Park of the Olympic complex in July.

The company is also planning to host a number of concerts in the main stadium, with the first thought to be planned for early July. A weekend of music and events is planned for 27 and 28 July to mark the first anniversary of the start of the 2012 games, although the stadium will not be used.

"Live Nation is delighted to have won the inaugural contract for Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park," said John Reid, president of concerts at Live Nation Europe.

The deal follows the recent agreement struck by BT to move into the International Broadcast Centre, making it the production and broadcast base for its new BT Sport channels.

BT, which is developing three TV studios and 20 edit suites, will use the base to broadcast the 38 live Premier League games a season as well as 69 live rugby union games a year on its BT Vision pay-TV service.

"This deal [with Live Nation] marks an important stepping stone towards securing a long-term programme of fantastic events that will make Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park a leading destination both for Londoners and those from further afield," said Dennis Hone, chief executive of LLDC.

In December, Premier League football club West Ham was given three months to improve the terms of its deal to move into the Olympic Stadium. If it fails to do so Boris Johnson, will pursue alternate options including more music, athletics and other one-off sporting events.

It is understood Live Nation's music events could continue in the Olympic park even if West Ham becomes the primary occupant of the stadium.

If a deal with West Ham is agreed the club is unlikely to move in until the start of the 2016-17 season, more than four years after the Olympic opening ceremony, with construction work likely to begin in the autumn after the summer music events.

The £160m-plus redevelopment of the main stadium will include the installation of retractable seats and a full roof.

The Olympic park will retain some of its other sports venues including the Aquatics Centre, which is having its seating capacity reduced and is due to re-open by Easter 2014, the cycling velodrome, and the Copper Box, which hosted events including handball.

A velopark is reportedly set to open by next Christmas and the Copper Box, which is to be refitted for concerts, is expected to re-open in time for the first anniversary of the Olympic opening ceremony in July.

Almost £300m will also be invested in significantly changing the surrounding area with plans for almost 10 miles of roads to be rebuilt, 30 new bridges, parkland and housing developments for 7,000 homes over 18 years. The first families will move into the flats of the athletes' village in September.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 15, 2013 11:57

They might of course rehearse in LA late April, fly up to the Vancouver/Seattle area and start the tour west coast, moving into LV and stopping over in east coast Philly before they do the 3 shows at Glastonbury and Hyde Park. If so then they might do this in blocks of 18 shows now and more later. The plan is to do max 20 shows in a time slot, mostly arena North America, then look into how it worked, then contract to more. Right now there are no other shows contracted for, but they might sign up for more if these 18 or so work fine of course.

Prince Rupert called it the Pavarotti way - 3 shows max for insurance reasons. This is the 50 and counting way... They do not need, or want, to commit to shows more than a few weeks or months ahead.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: March 15, 2013 12:32

Dreamer
Karlos123
Dreamer
Cocaine Eyes
rockheim
hyde park this summer

This one is highly likely!!

hot smiley

Yes. And they will probably announce it this Friday...

Just a guess or where does it come from?

Coming from an outsider who once was an insider.
Sometimes I still hear something...

A little too quiet at the moment. No "big thing to happen in XX minutes" ... "oh now big thing to happen in XX-X minutes" tweets.

Actually I don't see it coming today. :-(

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: March 15, 2013 12:36

gotdablouse
It's usually easy to find out fun things to do in London, probably lots of good concerts! >grinning smiley<

I hope these 2 dates/venue are true... confused smiley

Posted by: Mike99 ()
Date: March 15, 2013 13:42

The perennial Glastonbury rumour, showbiz411 have reported that The Rolling Stones will play two shows in London’s Hyde Park, which they claim could be on July 6th and July 13th. The website also claimed their insider sources have confirmed Glastonbury Festival will feature as part of their touring plans: "The rumours about Glastonbury are apparently true as well. My sources say it’s a go."

The US entertainment website, which originally started on The Hollywood Reporter, also claims that The Stones are to play 18 dates in arenas across the US, starting on the West Coast, stopping in Philadelphia and finishing in New York.

AEG Live are allegedly contracted to stage the London shows, which would roughly fit with their 'Barclaycard British Summer Time' shows, due to take place at Hyde Park this summer. So far Bon Jovi is the only artist confirmed to play Hyde Park this summer, with five more headline shows expected to be announced shortly.

Date: March 15, 2013 14:04

Sister Marie
gotdablouse
It's usually easy to find out fun things to do in London, probably lots of good concerts! >grinning smiley<

I hope these 2 dates/venue are true... confused smiley

They certainly don't seem far fetched...I seem to have read somewhere (here?) that there was talk of Knebworth too, but that's 30 miles away from London, I guess that could still qualify as a "London" show.

But yes :
- new festival
- HP Stones connection
- Two shows to create more of an "event"

As for concerts, London is certainly a neat place for that...In July of 2008 I chanced (looked up the night's concerts in Time Out online) into an Andy Fairweather Low concert in a tiny place at Shepherd's bush (Bush Empire?), what a treat!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 15, 2013 15:02

I guess the Hyde park concerts will take place at the Olympic Park???? This will mean a possibility of Fos or Diamond Circle??

Jeroen

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: March 15, 2013 15:30

corriecas
I guess the Hyde park concerts will take place at the Olympic Park???? This will mean a possibility of Fos or Diamond Circle??

Jeroen

I don't really get, what you're talking about. Hyde Park concerts naturally will take place in the Hyde Park. The festival over there would be the "British Summer Time". The Bon Jovi concert there has Diamond and Gold Circle. If the Stones play there these Circles are likely for them as well...

If they are playing at the Olympic Park pretty much everything could happen. Hard Rock Calling is the festival hold there. It only has General Admission. Which I would highly prefer. But rumors are about Hyde Park.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: March 15, 2013 15:37

Any word on Opening Act possibilities?

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: March 15, 2013 15:44

corriecas

Jeroen

They will take place in Hyde Park. There would definitely be a Gold Circle, in the past this has contained about 5,000 people. Knowing the Stones greed there will be a Platinum Circle within that which will contain about 1,000. My guess at prices -

GA - £85
Gold - £150
Platinum - £250

There is also so called VIP seating bank which is actually quite a way from the stage. That would be £500 minimum.

To be quite clear, everything above is speculation. (Except that a Hyde park show would take place in Hyde Park. smiling smiley )

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 15, 2013 15:45

Bill Wymans Rhythm Kings >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-15 15:48 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 15, 2013 15:49

uhbuhgullayew

The Faces

Jeroen

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 15, 2013 16:05

The US ticket prices will be US dollars 400 down to 50. Sounds ok for a band that has been around for 50 years. Total of 1-8 US dollars per year, and a quarter up to two dollars per band member per year.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 56

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1859
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home