Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 37
Re: Show number 5: Newark NJ Prudential Center Dec. 15 updates
Posted by: OpenGspot ()
Date: December 15, 2012 19:11

Have a quick question regarding getting a still camera into the show. Is the pat down on entering the venue so tight that bringing a "pro-sumer" camera like the Canon 5d Mark III foolish? Would like to bring this camera along with a 70-200mm zoom but would hate to get busted going into the venue. Anyone who attended the show on the 13th have any advice?

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: December 15, 2012 19:17

backstreetboy1
not playing sympathy,thats the stupidest ting i ever heard.

Then The Stones did the stupidest thing you ever heard 5 years ago. And you are a lucky person if you have never heard anything more stupid, by the way.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 15, 2012 19:18

OpenGspot
Have a quick question regarding getting a still camera into the show. Is the pat down on entering the venue so tight that bringing a "pro-sumer" camera like the Canon 5d Mark III foolish? Would like to bring this camera along with a 70-200mm zoom but would hate to get busted going into the venue. Anyone who attended the show on the 13th have any advice?

From all reports I have read, they are allowing those in, no problemo!
HAVE FUN!! Take some good shots for us!

PS
oops... missed that part about the long lens... not sure about that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-15 19:19 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: December 15, 2012 19:20

i meant not playing it because of the tragedy.

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: December 15, 2012 19:28

Posted by: OpenGspot ()
Date: December 15, 2012 19:32

Max'sKansasCity
OpenGspot

PS

Many thx, Max! If successful, then I'll just need to figure out how to post pix here! smiling smiley

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: December 15, 2012 19:49

The HTW with Bruce sounds logical - Bruce often does a HTW snippet during his Darlington Country. I think it would be a good choice, this song would fit Bruce very well

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 15, 2012 20:07

Maybe Bruce Springsteen and Stones will perform "Streets of Love".

Posted by: TE ()
Date: December 15, 2012 20:14

Erik_Snow
Erik_Snow
JumpingKentFlash
Hope they begin with I Wanna Be Your Man. I'll be watching on the Norwegian Tv2. Danish channel bosses would rather rerun 90210 it seems. Thank you Norway!!!!

Are we airing it in Norway? Didn't know......never read the TV-guide. Thanks, Kent

Yeah, you're right; 3 o clock, nighttime.....how about that. And no charges

Hell, why did I never teach the wifey the recorder... Better get some friends on he job. Will wear my IORR shirt tonight, hopefully front row.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 15, 2012 20:21

If we could bottle up the excitement building before a Rock show like this and sell it we could hang with Sirs Jagger and Branson. This thread is like a receptacle for that energy and I'm trying to tap it. peace

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: December 15, 2012 20:23

So then what will the Black Keys play on? My guess is I'm going down. What ever it is , it'll be @#$%& cool.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-15 20:24 by ryanpow.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 15, 2012 20:27

OpenGspot
Max'sKansasCity
OpenGspot

PS

Many thx, Max! If successful, then I'll just need to figure out how to post pix here! smiling smiley

Good luck!!

Thinking about this... I remeber what bv said about.....

as you go in, just have you camera in your hand,
lift you arms for the metal detector deal, and they
kind of ignore you hands, so maybe wrap your hands
around/hold the camera by the tele lens... and in you go...

GOOD LUCK...AND HAVE FUN!!! WISH I WAS THERE...

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: December 15, 2012 20:29

1st - Lady G = Gimme shelter
2nd - Black keys = blues or respectable
3rd - Bruce = HTW and "another one" as he's standing for Bill!
4th - MT = Midnight rambler

Come On Guys! Let's See Some Real Affection For One Another Tomorrow Night!
Date: December 15, 2012 08:29

Wouldn't the world be a better place if we could just see some genuine on stage affection tomorrow night between Mick and Keith? So Stones fans can know for sure that there has been a true healing? Is it too much to ask for you guys to leave the stage together arms over shoulders? Do it for your children! US!

Time for you two to get back to truly loving one another and give us that one last great album!

Re: Come On Guys! Let's See Some Real Affection For One Another Tomorrow Night!
Posted by: monctonrambler ()
Date: December 15, 2012 13:44

I very much agree! I wish Mick would stay on stage and sing the chorus of Happy with Keith, but I've read that's contractually not possible.

Although if they were to buddy up tonight for the first time in ages, wouldn't it seem a bit contrived for the cameras?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 15, 2012 14:03

JumpinJackOLantern
Wouldn't the world be a better place if we could just see some genuine on stage affection tomorrow night between Mick and Keith?

Yes, it would, but Mick and Keith do not do "showbiz". If they want to, they will, but they're never going to pretend for the cameras. One of the reasons I love this band.

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: December 15, 2012 14:04

Here's hoping for a very special night.

Date: December 15, 2012 20:49

monctonrambler
I very much agree! I wish Mick would stay on stage and sing the chorus of Happy with Keith, but I've read that's contractually not possible.

Although if they were to buddy up tonight for the first time in ages, wouldn't it seem a bit contrived for the cameras?

Maybe today should be the day that Mick truly forgives Keith. Any day is a good day to forgive, but today would be really special.

Date: December 15, 2012 20:53

klrkcr

Either way it's going to be special. Tonight we draw even with the Beatles and later surge ahead with one last great album. Yes, I would say it's going to be special alright. Never thought we would catch the Beatles but damned if were not going to do it tonight! Special indeed! I am expecting a great performance.

Posted by: crossedwires ()
Date: December 15, 2012 21:14

NJ.com will be doing live blog tonight, as they did on Thurs.: nj.com/entertainment/music/index.ssf/2012/12/rolling_stones_at_prudential_c_1.html

Live blog, 12/15
Posted by: crossedwires ()
Date: December 15, 2012 21:09

NJ.com will be doing live blog tonight, as they did on Thus.: nj.com/entertainment/music/index.ssf/2012/12/rolling_stones_at_prudential_c_1.html

Re: Live blog, 12/15
Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: December 15, 2012 21:11

I don't get it. Everyone who cares will be watching it live, not reading a live blog. They need to just do it on Twitter like everyone else

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: December 15, 2012 21:23

CAnt wait. Sooo excited. OMG if it is as good as Thurday heaven here I come. See you all in Section 16smiling smiley

Posted by: tommyquinn ()
Date: December 15, 2012 21:31

Sarah, I will wave from Section 11, Row 11, right across from Section 16. (Secion 11 and Section 16 seem to be mirror sections on either side of the stage). Let's hope our view isn't too obstructed....and even if it is, we'll still have a GREAT time!!!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 15, 2012 21:46

JumpinJackOLantern
klrkcr

Either way it's going to be special. Tonight we draw even with the Beatles and later surge ahead with one last great album. Yes, I would say it's going to be special alright. Never thought we would catch the Beatles but damned if were not going to do it tonight! Special indeed! I am expecting a great performance.

I'm not old enough to remember it, but I would assume that for most people on this forum, the Stones "caught" the Beatles around 1968 or whenever "Hello Goodbye" was their choice for a single.

Anyway, I have some interest in seeing the Black Keys with the Stones, and little or no interest in seeing Bruce or Gaga on stage with them, but I am definitely looking forward to one more great Mick T performance.

Date: December 15, 2012 21:49

Green Lady
JumpinJackOLantern
Wouldn't the world be a better place if we could just see some genuine on stage affection tomorrow night between Mick and Keith?

Yes, it would, but Mick and Keith do not do "showbiz". If they want to, they will, but they're never going to pretend for the cameras. One of the reasons I love this band.

I have often wondered if what they did during Far Away Eyes in Shine A Light was contrived or a sincere moment of affection between them. It seemed genuine. Something like that tonight (if sincere) would be very touching.

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: December 15, 2012 21:50

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: December 15, 2012 21:57

grant
sproullie
in light of ct tragedy, is this show still happening? postponed?

I wondered if they would postpone as a mark of respect, I doubt if anyone feels like a party at the moment.
But I guess they'll go ahead - I really hope they don't do 'Sympathy for the devil', thats all.

Amen! SFTD does not belong in tonights show, in light of Hurricane Sandy and now Sandy Hook Shootings of kindergardeners! They need to pick another song!

First they released a movie called Crossfire Hurricane and now a PPV called, "One More Shot". To be sensitive to the tragedy affecting New Jersey, New York and Connecticut, they need to drop SFTD, the author of all evil, and pick a better song about redemption and healing. How about the Prodigal Son with Bruce?! Acoustic.

Date: December 15, 2012 22:05

drbryant
JumpinJackOLantern
klrkcr

I'm not old enough to remember it, but I would assume that for most people on this forum, the Stones "caught" the Beatles around 1968 or whenever "Hello Goodbye" was their choice for a single.

Anyway, I have some interest in seeing the Black Keys with the Stones, and little or no interest in seeing Bruce or Gaga on stage with them, but I am definitely looking forward to one more great Mick T performance.

If the Stones can deliver tonight (as they have over the last four concerts) then rock historians will have no alternative but to give them their due. 50 years of stellar live performances can't be overlooked.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: December 15, 2012 22:12

riverrat
they need to drop SFTD, the author of all evil, and pick a better song about redemption and healing.

The devil is a fictional character. smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 37

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2222
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home