Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 37
Re: Show number 5: Newark NJ Prudential Center Dec. 15 updates
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 15, 2012 13:35

Not sure when the best time will be to talk about it, before it starts I guess?

Posted by: golfjen2001 ()
Date: December 15, 2012 14:28

Can't wait leaving my upstate ny home now 7 am can't wait for show an party LONG LIVE THE STONES. LET'S ROCK NEWARK TONIGHT>

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: December 15, 2012 15:07

Wish I was there. Have a great time!!!

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: December 15, 2012 15:10

superrevvy
Max'sKansasCity
superrevvy
The Sicilian
superrevvy
WHERE IN THE WORLD IS BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN?!

Gaga's totally onboard with the publicity campaign, but I don't think Bruce has
even done one tweet yet.

I hope its not that Gaga is doing it out of love and respect for the Stones,
but Bruce is just doing it for the publicity and fat paycheck

(Gaga's fans are all excited that she's gone back to her Fame Monster look
for this PPV. For them, its like the Stones bringing back Mick Taylor)

My guess is that Bruce Springsteen is laying low out of respect for the families and victims of the tragedy in Connecticut.

Yeah, it must be tough being Bruce, caring so much...

Too bad he doesn't care a bit more about finally re-paying some of the huge
debt he owes the Stones. Gaga owes much less to them, and look what she's doing.
What in the world? What does that even mean? owes?

Sometimes it seems like multiple people use your account here, because your opinions change so drastically..... like just the other day you were hating hard on eggegg, saying how you back whatshername who hates eggegg for being fake and would not even watch her... and now you (or someone using your account) loves eggegg?

On the contrary, I've been a model of consistency

I've stated repeatedly that I do not like Gaga or her music or her net cultural impact

On the other hand, I've stated I very much admire her talent, media savvy, and
work ethic

Further, I have indicated continuously swelling enthusiasm for this Pay Per View
event, and am therefore grateful to Gaga for hyping it in a most ingenious way
to her huge fan base. Therefore irritated at Springsteen for sitting on his hands

(owe, you know, like the Stones owe Muddy)

I'm confused as well. I thought you wrote earlier that Gaga is the only artist they could have invited that would make you boycott the PPV. Maybe it was someone else... so many posts these days I could be wrong.

Edit: found it iorr.org
"and it saves me 30 bucks. because like so many rihanna fans, i boycott all things gaga.

for me this is the equivalent of bringing in Sgt Barry Sadler to guest
on Street Fighting Man.

i seriously have very broad tastes. i seriously hate very very few artists.

i like justin timberlake, i like christina aquilera, i like dave matthews,
i like jack white, i like bruce springsteen and the black keys

but bingo! my sore spot! gaga! well played jagger!

I'm out!"

So did you change your mind and will watch tonight or not?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-15 15:20 by ohotos.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 15, 2012 15:12

*removed*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-15 15:46 by Green Lady.

Posted by: MrMonte ()
Date: December 15, 2012 15:28

one ticket...what I need...and I'm fine with Lady Gaga!

Posted by: sproullie ()
Date: December 15, 2012 15:29

why do people post so confrontational? just wondering if the show schedule might change due to external events that happen. 9/11 caused cancellations. stuff happens. just asking a question because i was like...is the show going down tonight? chill son.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 15, 2012 15:45

sproullie
why do people post so confrontational? just wondering if the show schedule might change due to external events that happen. 9/11 caused cancellations. stuff happens. just asking a question because i was like...is the show going down tonight? chill son.

Not aimed at you. If this is confrontational I will remove it.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 15, 2012 15:46

grant

I wondered if they would postpone as a mark of respect, I doubt if anyone feels like a party at the moment.

The show will take place but it's rather unfortunate to name it "One More Shot".
I doubt they will play that song tonight btw...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-15 15:48 by dcba.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 15, 2012 15:55

I just hope Lady GaGa and Mick do not sing Streets of Love.

Posted by: TheMeaning ()
Date: December 15, 2012 15:57

The book "According To The Rolling Stones" states that
12/14/62 was the 1st on-stage Band appearance w/bassist Bill Wyman.
Wonder if he'll show-up for the PPV "finale" and give us "One More Shot"?..

Date: December 15, 2012 15:58

Personally I don't think Bruce owes the Stones that much. And I understand what superrevvy means by 'owe' in this context. I also don't quite see Jagger "ripping him a new one in front of the whole world" for what? not tweeting about the PPV enough?
On the other hand I find it really interesting what superrevvy is saying about the Gaga fans being excited re her new/old look. That it is a big deal for them. I would not have known that. I like that she seems excited about being with 'the Boys'.

I wish someone would make me appreciate the performance by Florence on GS. The accolades come from people who's opinion I respect a lot here ( Max's Kansas, Mathijs etc). I watched her spot several times; in different settings. Maybe it was different live. But to me she is screaming, literally. She is flat.
I liked her presence a bit.

Date: December 15, 2012 16:03

Her presence and her dangerous energy, much more than her singing abilities or virtuosity, made her a winner for exactly that song GS, imo.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 15, 2012 16:03

I see Bruce playing one of the 60's songs such as It's all over now or Last time or others. Bruce seems to fit well with 60's music when playing with others. For example, Pretty Woman w/ Roy Orbisson.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 15, 2012 16:16

Bill wont be there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jeroen

Posted by: Blue ()
Date: December 15, 2012 16:34

corriecas
Bill wont be there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jeroen

sad smileysad smileysad smiley

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: December 15, 2012 16:54

I wonder what they are going to do, the PPV can't really go ahead with a title like that etc.

Posted by: strayRooster ()
Date: December 15, 2012 17:13

deleted

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-25 03:45 by strayRooster.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: December 15, 2012 17:34

Hope they begin with I Wanna Be Your Man. I'll be watching on the Norwegian Tv2. Danish channel bosses would rather rerun 90210 it seems. Thank you Norway!!!!

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: December 15, 2012 17:42

Happy24
I personaly think the show will take place. It is not something that would be in any way disgraceful or disrespectful towards the victims or those mourning.

It is true, that it is entertainment and right now it is not a time for entertainent in the US. On the other hand, The Stones will pretty much just go to work and do their job, just like millions and millions of other people around the Globe. Not going to work is not something that would either help the victims or prevent such horrible things to happen in the future. Sadly. Quite on the contrary - there should be taken serious action to prevent those things, but that won't unfortunately happen and it has nothing to do with The Stones and I am getting into politics now, which I don't want to.

The point is, that of course, this is not a party time, but it is not The Stones throwing a party. It is The Stones playing a concert, which for them is like going to an office for someone else. I know, it is very sensitive thing and I absolutely don't want to touch anyone's feelings, being very shaken myself. Just trying to say, that doing this show doesn't have to be necessarily viewd as a bad disrespectful thing.

Anyway, I believe the show will take place and SFTD will most likely be omitted ,just like in Poland in 2007.

I certainly hope SFD is not omitted. Hand wringers will psychoanalyze every song in the catalogue for any obscure reference to a tragedy or misfortune.

Having been in the healthcare environment for over 30 years, one thing that is encouraged more than anything is life must press on. You are allowed to smile the next day and actually things in life while you are still here.

Understandable that family and people with close ties to the individuals involved will go through a long and difficult recovery. But people in the rest of the world can't sit crying in the corner.

I and the rest of the posters here should move on. I certainly intend to concentrate on the Stones tonight and have a great time. Dropping songs like SFD, One Shot, Good Bye Ruby Tuesday, CAGWYW, Street Fighting Man, Heartbreaker, Rock and a Hard Place, Out of Control, Let it Bleed, Anybody Seen my Baby or any other song that some politically correct emotional clack can loosely connect to this whole terrible day is irresponsable

It is NOT the Stones fault nor is it their responsibility.

See you at the Edison Pub.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-15 17:44 by GADAWG.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 15, 2012 17:42

JumpingKentFlash
Hope they begin with I Wanna Be Your Man. I'll be watching on the Norwegian Tv2. Danish channel bosses would rather rerun 90210 it seems. Thank you Norway!!!!

Are we airing it in Norway? Didn't know......never read the TV-guide. Thanks, Kent

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 15, 2012 17:43

Erik_Snow
JumpingKentFlash

Are we airing it in Norway? Didn't know......never read the TV-guide. Thanks, Kent

Yeah, you're right; 3 o clock, nighttime.....how about that. And no charges

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 15, 2012 17:58

Palace Revolution 2000
Personally I don't think Bruce owes the Stones that much. And I understand what superrevvy means by 'owe' in this context. I also don't quite see Jagger "ripping him a new one in front of the whole world" for what? not tweeting about the PPV enough?
On the other hand I find it really interesting what superrevvy is saying about the Gaga fans being excited re her new/old look. That it is a big deal for them. I would not have known that. I like that she seems excited about being with 'the Boys'.

I wish someone would make me appreciate the performance by Florence on GS. The accolades come from people who's opinion I respect a lot here ( Max's Kansas, Mathijs etc). I watched her spot several times; in different settings. Maybe it was different live. But to me she is screaming, literally. She is flat.
I liked her presence a bit.

Thank you for the compliment Palace Revolution 2000, I too enjoy and respect your posts thumbs up but heck, I am not smart enough to know exactly why I thought Florence was so good. Some (probably most) here are smarter about this type of thing and are are able to identify, pull apart a performance, and tell you exactly how someone did a guitar lick, hit a high note or something which they havnt done since 19xx.... but I cant do that... but I do enjoy reading those experts, it is part of what makes IORR so good, actually learning somethng from smart people.

As far as Florence for me, I more just feel the music as opposed to knowing exactly what is going on and it seemed like Florence made GS special... maybe it is her great British voice, or the way she moved with Jagger so well, or that she is a local girl done good and appreciated what/where she was at.... anyway it all came through to me...touched me. I dont know the ins and outs but Florence seems like the real deal, paying her dues and is in this for the long run.... as opposed to some "others out there" who won some canned crap "music" (AI) contest of the week, or are another pretty (but disposable) face spotted by a producer who decided to package them up to pump and dump them to the public.

I am dont bashing on whats-her-name... she will probably do OK with her part, and she will probably sell some PPV tickets, which is why I guess they brought her in. I dont like that attitude, but I understand it.

I dont think this PPV is a make or break point for the Stones.... they have done many shows like this before, but before it seemed more about sharing the music (NOT A PPV) than doing it to make big bucks. I think this is the first they brought the hired guns (WWF) to handle it... and I wont even start in how I feel about that wrestling crap... but I know they make a ton of money selling that garbage to the public... it makes no sense to me, but facts are facts are facts, and they make 50-60(100?) million (billion?) Dollars on their PPV sales, somewhat amazing, I wonder who buys/watches those?

Anyway.... Im done bashing on the guests... it is time to wish them good luck / break a leg, and hope for a good performance.....

ps
The show will go on, and Mick, or someone may say "We thought about canceling the show tonight in light of yesterdays events, but we decided that maybe it is best to give (using that term loosely) you all 3-4 hours of cheer, fun and enjoyment, and then we can go back to worrying about the ways of the world later".

Thanks again for the compliment Palace Revolution 2000, I hope someone who is smarter than me can explain factually (versus fellings) why we liked Florence so much.

Posted by: monkeymantoo ()
Date: December 15, 2012 18:04

GADAWG
Happy24
I personaly think the show will take place. It is not something that would be in any way disgraceful or disrespectful towards the victims or those mourning.

It is true, that it is entertainment and right now it is not a time for entertainent in the US. On the other hand, The Stones will pretty much just go to work and do their job, just like millions and millions of other people around the Globe. Not going to work is not something that would either help the victims or prevent such horrible things to happen in the future. Sadly. Quite on the contrary - there should be taken serious action to prevent those things, but that won't unfortunately happen and it has nothing to do with The Stones and I am getting into politics now, which I don't want to.

The point is, that of course, this is not a party time, but it is not The Stones throwing a party. It is The Stones playing a concert, which for them is like going to an office for someone else. I know, it is very sensitive thing and I absolutely don't want to touch anyone's feelings, being very shaken myself. Just trying to say, that doing this show doesn't have to be necessarily viewd as a bad disrespectful thing.

Anyway, I believe the show will take place and SFTD will most likely be omitted ,just like in Poland in 2007.

I certainly hope SFD is not omitted. Hand wringers will psychoanalyze every song in the catalogue for any obscure reference to a tragedy or misfortune.

Having been in the healthcare environment for over 30 years, one thing that is encouraged more than anything is life must press on. You are allowed to smile the next day and actually things in life while you are still here.

Understandable that family and people with close ties to the individuals involved will go through a long and difficult recovery. But people in the rest of the world can't sit crying in the corner.

I and the rest of the posters here should move on. I certainly intend to concentrate on the Stones tonight and have a great time. Dropping songs like SFD, One Shot, Good Bye Ruby Tuesday, CAGWYW, Street Fighting Man, Heartbreaker, Rock and a Hard Place, Out of Control, Let it Bleed, Anybody Seen my Baby or any other song that some politically correct emotional clack can loosely connect to this whole terrible day is irresponsable

Absolutely agree that the show must go on and they must not censor the set list - this is not China is it?
I know this is not the forum but people in the US need to look at some of their laws. That would be respecting the vistims of this horrible crime.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 15, 2012 18:07

Obviously the show will go on, but I think that the festivities will be scaled back. The last thing the Stones want is to be perceived as callous on possibly their last show. Realizing that a lot of the audience will be of the parenting age and the proximity to incident.

A lot of people are in no mood to be whooping it up in midst of tragedy less than 36 hours later. Especially involving very young children. I'm sure it would have been a fantastic show otherwise.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: December 15, 2012 18:15

Chris Fountain
I see Bruce playing one of the 60's songs such as It's all over now or Last time or others. Bruce seems to fit well with 60's music when playing with others. For example, Pretty Woman w/ Roy Orbisson.

Ive heard that It's All Over Now is the first song Bruce learned to play when he was a teenager. I think there's a chance this could be the song he joins them on.

Posted by: OpenGspot ()
Date: December 15, 2012 19:02

ryanpow
Chris Fountain

Ive heard that It's All Over Now is the first song Bruce learned to play when he was a teenager. I think there's a chance this could be the song he joins them on.

Springsteen has played "Satisfaction" at his shows previously as well. Not sure having a guest performer with them on one of their signature songs is likely however.

[m.youtube.com]

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: December 15, 2012 19:02

GADAWG
Happy24

Nobody blames The Stones of course, but as we can see, a lot of people here and everywhere else are shocked and express their sympathy to the victims. And what has happened is neither their fault or responsibility either. It is just a natural expression of deeply human emotions.

I personally don't think the show should be cancelled or anything, but it would feel more than strange if the show went just like nothing has happened. And when I wrote that SFTD would be probably omitted, I didn't write that I want it to be omitted, or that they should do it. I just wrote that that's what they did in Poland in 2007 (and those people were killed in an accident back then, not murdered), so it is logical, that I think they will do the same tonight. It is not about which song is or is not politically correct, as you write. It is about acting as human beings.

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: December 15, 2012 19:09

not playing sympathy,thats the stupidest ting i ever heard.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 15, 2012 19:10

The Stones may just tap their magic arts tonight and channel the pain and grief in the air and play the best damn blues music they ever have. peace

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 37

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1489
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home