Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 37
Re: Come On Guys! Let's See Some Real Affection For One Another Tomorrow Night!
Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: December 15, 2012 22:20

JumpinJackOLantern
klrkcr
Here's hoping for a very special night.

Either way it's going to be special. Tonight we draw even with the Beatles and later surge ahead with one last great album. Yes, I would say it's going to be special alright. Never thought we would catch the Beatles but damned if were not going to do it tonight! Special indeed! I am expecting a great performance.

Why this obsession with legacy in competition with The Beatles? It's like trying to compare 2012 to 1968, it just doesn't work. The Beatles were first in their time and nothing will ever change that. Besides, this talk of legacy and hierarchy has no place in rock n roll--it is what it is. Just enjoy the music. Who's better, who's best? Why not leave that dilemma for the music critics and cultural historians of the future to sort through, because chances are those folks will have a vastly different approach and perspective than you or I could ever imagine in our own lifetime. Furthermore, people of the future will never have what you and I have today--the anticipation for tonight's Rolling Stones concert. So forget about the past and don't worry about the future, because tonight when the music is playing all that will matter is The Stones now.

Re: Show number 5: Newark NJ Prudential Center Dec. 15 updates
Posted by: kg441 ()
Date: December 15, 2012 22:24

I was in section 16, row 14, seat 4, on Thursday and the view is great! You look straight onto side view of the stage, about 50 feet from stage. Don't know what number seats you have, but the higher the seat number, the more angled the view becomes. From where I sat I saw everything: Charlie, large screen behind stage, etc. Bernard and Lisa were directly in front of me and to the left a little. Well worth the price ($450 - Ticketmaster). I wish I could go again tonight but will have to be satisfied with pay-per-view. Have a great time, I know you will love it!

Posted by: stones1975 ()
Date: December 15, 2012 22:28

hi all, i am sad that i can not make it on saturday, but i hade aa good time on thursday,stay safe

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: December 15, 2012 22:28

No one compares to the Beatles to the Stones anymore. That debate ended/disappeared decades ago. Just like stonesnow said, they are completely different bands who started during the same time period.

The MAIN difference being aggressive guitars and lyrics, rocknroll bass/drums. As opposed to the Beatles who are basically a Jazz band with pop lyrics and soft guitars.

Lame:

KICK BUTT:

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: December 15, 2012 22:33

HighwireC

[twitter.com]

thumbs up

Keith should go in for a teeth staining.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 15, 2012 22:35

Maybe they will play Sway or CYHMK instead of MR tonight after Friday's violence

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 15, 2012 23:01

schillid
Maybe they will play Sway or CYHMK instead of MR tonight after Friday's violence
They rehearsed CYMK. Good chance it'll make it on the show tonight.

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: December 15, 2012 23:02

Would love to hear CYHMK

Date: December 15, 2012 23:09

His Majesty
riverrat
they need to drop SFTD, the author of all evil, and pick a better song about redemption and healing.

The devil is a fictional character. smiling smiley

Playing it would be insensitive, His Majesty. But sadly, I feel they are going to be insensitive, because I think it's their favorite song. And Mick's gotta use L'Wren's ostrich feathers.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 15, 2012 23:10

It's been done before, Keith !

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 15, 2012 23:10

riverrat
His Majesty
riverrat
they need to drop SFTD, the author of all evil, and pick a better song about redemption and healing.

Playing it would be insensitive, His Majesty. But sadly, I feel they are going to be insensitive, because I think it's their favorite song. And Mick's gotta use L'Wren's ostrich feathers.
Didn't they skip it in Poland after a tragedy there on the last tour?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 15, 2012 23:20

His Majesty

You mean Vicki Vallencourt?

winking smiley

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: December 15, 2012 23:25

riverrat
His Majesty
riverrat

I think One More Shot would be the most inappropriate, it's the title of the PPV as well.

A ficitional character has nothing to do with the shootings.

Date: December 15, 2012 23:28

btw-
Just a reminder for all us who can not be at the show sad smiley
E! Network (channel 236 on DirecTV) is showing a Stones preshow thing starting at7:00 CST

[www.radiomichiana.com]
The E! Network announced it will broadcast Live From the Rolling Stones, a one-hour special scheduled to air December 15 at 8p ET, just ahead of the start of the Stones’ One More Shot pay-per-view event, which will set you back $39.99. The E! special will feature “exclusive interviews” with the band, plus “all the pre-show action and excitement” ahead of the band’s concert at the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 15, 2012 23:35

In this case "One more shot" is a euphemism meaning one last attempt to do something...

Posted by: Dean ()
Date: December 15, 2012 23:44

$39.99 = £24.73 according to one Currency Conversion site. I have paid £9.95 to Mr. Bransons' Virgin Media Empire yawning smiley)

Date: December 15, 2012 23:46

schillid
In this case "One more shot" is a euphemism meaning one last attempt to do something...

Obviously.

Date: December 15, 2012 23:47

Max'sKansasCity
His Majesty

winking smiley

No, I mean the devil.

Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: December 15, 2012 23:53

Did they practice live with me. I could see gaga on that. Probably GS.
Bruce on HTW for sure.

Date: December 15, 2012 23:57

His Majesty
Max'sKansasCity
His Majesty

winking smiley

No, I mean the devil.

Well Vicki Vallencourt is a fictional character, and the waterboy's mama says she is the devil.

Date: December 16, 2012 00:02

Max'sKansasCity

Well Vicki Vallencourt is a fictional character, and the waterboy's mama says she is the devil.

Fascinating.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: December 16, 2012 00:22

stonesnow
JumpinJackOLantern
klrkcr

Either way it's going to be special. Tonight we draw even with the Beatles and later surge ahead with one last great album. Yes, I would say it's going to be special alright. Never thought we would catch the Beatles but damned if were not going to do it tonight! Special indeed! I am expecting a great performance.

Why this obsession with legacy in competition with The Beatles? It's like trying to compare 2012 to 1968, it just doesn't work. The Beatles were first in their time and nothing will ever change that.

Didn't know Beatles came before Elvis, and maybe Macca thaught James Brown to dance and Jerry Lee Lewis how to play piano, huh ;o)

Date: December 16, 2012 00:26

His Majesty
Max'sKansasCity

Fascinating.

Thank you Mr Spock winking smiley

Posted by: bodysurfer ()
Date: December 16, 2012 00:28

My 2 cents for tonight and the guests... Plug the Keys in as they did with others (Clapton, Clark, Mayer) and it will be memorable. Not so sure with Bruce... as others have said... HTW sounds about right.

MT on CYHMK or MR (although I do agree that they may pass on MR tonight).

It may be wishful thinking, but I am seriously rooting for Lisa to retain her rightful place for GS (I was thrilled when she stepped forward on Thursday). I don't care to comment on Mary Blige's renditions other than to say I could understand swinging and missing once but twice! Florence Welch delivered in a way that was remarkable, and Gaga could as well... but Gaga could also reprise Christina Aquilera's part on LWM and permit Lisa the dignity she deserves.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: December 16, 2012 00:34

mtaylor
stonesnow
JumpinJackOLantern
klrkcr

Why this obsession with legacy in competition with The Beatles? It's like trying to compare 2012 to 1968, it just doesn't work. The Beatles were first in their time and nothing will ever change that.

Didn't know Beatles came before Elvis, and maybe Macca thaught James Brown to dance and Jerry Lee Lewis how to play piano, huh ;o)

Did my post or the one I was responding to mention Elvis, James Brown, or Jerry Lee Lewis? Did you even read the discussion and have a basic understanding of what it was about? I was talking in terms of Beatles and Stones. If you read the post I was addressing, that was the discussion topic [i.e., legacy, in terms of Beatles vs. Stones], so don't try and degrade the discussion with your puerile Beatles-hating agenda, because you clearly don't possess the eloquence necessary to discuss matters of musical quality and cultural and historical legacy. I saw the way you hijacked the John Lennon memorial thread on December 8, and it shows what a jerk you obviously are. I'd appreciate it if in future you would restrain yourself from responding to any more of my posts, because people of your limited mental and emotional stature are the sort I left behind 30 years ago when I graduated high school. Understand?

Date: December 16, 2012 00:57

Max'sKansasCity
His Majesty
Max'sKansasCity

Fascinating.

Illo...

Nevermind. thumbs up

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: December 16, 2012 01:02

Can't wait to see what they play with The Black Keys!

Date: December 16, 2012 01:02

His Majesty
Max'sKansasCity
His Majesty
Max'sKansasCity

Fascinating.

Illo...

Nevermind. thumbs up
lol

danger danger... oh wait wrong show

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 16, 2012 01:32

there is a pre show on the E channel from 8-9pm est if anyone is interested

Date: December 16, 2012 01:33

Gaga has said on her twitter that she's doing GS.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 37

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1895
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home