Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 37
Re: 12/12/12 comments as the show flows
Posted by: Blue ()
Date: December 13, 2012 06:18

slew
OKay the Who's performance is legendary compared to Kanye West. I am sorry but that genre is NOT music it al sucks!

I know, is he suppose to be SINGING A SONG???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-13 06:20 by Blue.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: December 13, 2012 06:19

hbwriter
how crowded you think the restrooms are right now?

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()

Palace Revolution 2000
Max'sKansasCity
Palace Revolution 2000
Well it made my night watching Gandolfini work his cuffs and gaze into the camera while Bryan Reynolds (?) was talking. What a badass.
Not sure if sarcasm...... but if not.... I AGREE... it was cool that th whole Sopranos crew was there doing their part to help the cause. Great show, great cast, doing good things to help the cause.
Not at all; I love that all those guys are there. And seriously: Gandolfini made my night, he said his piece, and then he was completely impassive. Those cameras did not exist.
Strange - I just responded twice to sarcasm related topics.

Right on Bro... I loved it too... Good for him and the whole cast smileys with beer

Posted by: The Sicilian ()

treaclefingers
I love Kanye's leather kilt. Or is it a skirt?

Ask Gazza. tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()

stonesnow
treaclefingers
stonesnow
Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity
gotdablouse
Max'sKansasCity
I thought the WHo retired... did their farewll tour back in 1989?
Make that 1982 !
I was giving them the benefit... but yeah, these bands and their farewll tour BS... then coming back and back... like KISS... such a joke... that along with Pete's other BS... kind of ruin even wantong to hear whta used to be some great songs.... for me anyway. Seems to be a huge Who fan base here ...so I generally dont bash about their crap too much.

Feel free to bash...I definitely wouldn't see them in concert again after this.

It is true man, unlike some on this board I actually bite my tongue versus spouting off about every band I dont like... I know some must like them, so I typically just dont say anything... Who fans would not dig my uncensored Who comments... so I try to be good.

That's OK, don't censor yourself, I'm secure enough in my Who fandom to not be offended. The Who that's part of my big 4--Beatles, Stones, Who, Kinks....

I love the Who, they are also in my top 4. That my friend, was not the who. Sometimes less isn't more, and 1/2 the Who and a singer that looks like my grandma...that is NOT the who.

Hey, at least the 68-year-old singer has all his hair and most of his hair color as well. I haven't seen clips of the set yet, all I know is that the show I saw November 16 was a show to remember. The entire Quadrophenia album done flawlessly. And yes, Roger was in great voice that night. Some nights it makes it, some nights it doesn't.... It's nothing to do with age, certainly not in the case of Pete and Rog. Besides, you obviously don't mind The Stones with a guitarist who looks like something from The Mummy's Tomb.

Yes, Roger has a lovely perm. My 5 year old thought it was a little old lady...I'm not kidding I promise. The little granny glasses did not help.

Date: December 13, 2012 06:20

Blue
slew
OKay the Who's performance is legendary compared to Kanye West. I am sorry but that genre is NOT music it al sucks!

I know, is he suppose to be SINGING A SOMG???

Cheers to the inventor of the mute button.

Posted by: stonesnow ()

Palace Revolution 2000
stonesnow
Palace Revolution 2000
stonesnow
Palace Revolution 2000
whitem8
Ok, Love Reign 'Ore Me sounds very good! Pete is fantastic!
Yes I was wondering of he's been saving his voice for this all along.
Yet - do the folks want to hear "I need a drink of cool cool rain"?

Look beyond that and see the overall theme of the song--it's a song of redemption.
well I never...

Never what? Knew that Love Reign O'er Me is a song of redemption?

No, I was being sarcastic, As in "well I never knew.." but my sarcasm is uncalled for. I was actually just going to edit it out then saw you had already responded.
The 'rain' comment was more of a joke. I been up in NYC twice since Sandy and no one wants to hear anything about no water coming down anymore, LOL
Cheers to you stonesnow.

No probs, PR. But I'm sure the people there are grooving more to the sounds and vibrations of the music than the finer points of the lyrics.

Posted by: stonesstein ()

I have to hand it to ALL artists who appeared tonite and gave, gave, gave, and gave....... May God Bless You All!

That said, I am not sure which Who some of y'all saw, but Roger reminded me of Ali fighting Trevor Berbick in 1981 ............

Sure, the Stones look old, but they sound so much younger than does the Who.

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Even though the Stones were up there only for 2 songs, and this is a star studded night - once again I was reminded of the magic and sway of the Stones.
The ladies, and the guys too get this look on their faces; to this day. Like "Can you believe it? It's really then! It's Mick!" this incredulous look .

treaclefingers
stonesnow
treaclefingers
stonesnow
Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity
gotdablouse
Max'sKansasCity
Make that 1982 !
I was giving them the benefit... but yeah, these bands and their farewll tour BS... then coming back and back... like KISS... such a joke... that along with Pete's other BS... kind of ruin even wantong to hear whta used to be some great songs.... for me anyway. Seems to be a huge Who fan base here ...so I generally dont bash about their crap too much.

It is true man, unlike some on this board I actually bite my tongue versus spouting off about every band I dont like... I know some must like them, so I typically just dont say anything... Who fans would not dig my uncensored Who comments... so I try to be good.

That's OK, don't censor yourself, I'm secure enough in my Who fandom to not be offended. The Who that's part of my big 4--Beatles, Stones, Who, Kinks....

I love the Who, they are also in my top 4. That my friend, was not the who. Sometimes less isn't more, and 1/2 the Who and a singer that looks like my grandma...that is NOT the who.

Hey, at least the 68-year-old singer has all his hair and most of his hair color as well. I haven't seen clips of the set yet, all I know is that the show I saw November 16 was a show to remember. The entire Quadrophenia album done flawlessly. And yes, Roger was in great voice that night. Some nights it makes it, some nights it doesn't.... It's nothing to do with age, certainly not in the case of Pete and Rog. Besides, you obviously don't mind The Stones with a guitarist who looks like something from The Mummy's Tomb.

Yes, Roger has a lovely perm. My 5 year old thought it was a little old lady...I'm not kidding I promise. The little granny glasses did not help.

Literally laughing out loud

Posted by: melillo ()

justamomentita
melillo
ONCE AGAIN THE WHO STEALS THE SHOW!

LOL...you're still bitchin cause ya can't afford a ticket.

if you can honestly say the stones were better than the who tonight you are utterly kidding yourself, and i can afford a ticket but i refuse to get ripped off

Posted by: slew ()

He may have borrwed the skirt from Mick

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: December 13, 2012 06:21

I agree the Stones were a non-factor.

StrawberriesBlueberries, I am assuming you have never stood on stage in a big arena but some of your critiques of Jagger on stage are ridiculous...to put it politely. I enjoyed your feelings re "Lady Jane" but that was then and this is now. Strawberries, When you've performed in front of 20,000 people on a big stage, then I will respect your opinions.

It generally takes at least two songs for most bands to get into the groove and Jagger doesn't have any particular breathing problems. And, Keith who was "sick" seemed quite well tonight.

Considering everything they've endured I thought The Who did a good job.

Now Chris Rock is on and he is a blessed relief.

Let's face it, Springsteen was great in that first half hour

I am a Kanye fan who I believe that he has more potential than he'll ever realize unless he's willing to drop Jay-Z and get on with what he had going before.
So far I am not overwhelmed. Wonder if Jagger will take up that "skirt" look?

Posted by: The Sicilian ()

This crowd is dead for this set. This was a bad choice.

stonesstein
I have to hand it to ALL artists who appeared tonite and gave, gave, gave, and gave....... May God Bless You All!

That said, I am not sure which Who some of y'all saw, but Roger reminded me of Ali fighting Trevor Berbick in 1981 ............

Sure, the Stones look old, but they sound so much younger than does the Who.

I thought Pete was ok, even good, but Roger was brutal.

Posted by: Blue ()

thumbs up
Max'sKansasCity
Blue
slew

I know, is he suppose to be SINGING A SOMG???

Cheers to the inventor of the mute button.

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: December 13, 2012 06:24

@ treaclefingers - Agreed re Pete & Roger - well said!

Also, I love the Who, so it's not as if I like bashing Roger, but like I based the Stones for bad shows, I am calling what I see and hear....

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: December 13, 2012 06:24

The Who are obviously missing two key guys. I frankly don't understand why they keep on going on as the Who, but I'm not them, so what do I know? Although, it isn't too far away from Paul and Ringo trudging on as the Beatles with two other guys subbed in as guitarists.

That said, they seemed to give it everything they had, and I can respect that. Bashing them for their performance serves no good purpose.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-13 06:27 by Long John Stoner.

Date: December 13, 2012 06:25

stonesrule
I agree the Stones were a non-factor.

StrawberriesBlueberries, I am assuming you have never stood on stage in a big arena but some of your critiques of Jagger on stage are ridiculous...to put it politely. I enjoyed your feelings re "Lady Jane" but that was then and this is now. Strawberries, When you've performed in front of 20,000 people on a big stage, then I will respect your opinions.

It generally takes at least two songs for most bands to get into the groove and Jagger doesn't have any particular breathing problems. And, Keith who was "sick" seemed quite well tonight.

Considering everything they've endured I thought The Who did a good job.

Now Chris Rock is on and he is a blessed relief.

Let's face it, Springsteen was great in that first half hour

I am a Kanye fan who I believe that he has more potential than he'll ever realize unless he's willing to drop Jay-Z and get on with what he had going before.
So far I am not overwhelmed. Wonder if Jagger will take up that "skirt" look?

I think he left that look behind at Hyde Park in 1969

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: December 13, 2012 06:25

treaclefingers
stonesnow
treaclefingers
stonesnow
Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity
gotdablouse
Max'sKansasCity
Make that 1982 !

But I'll bet Keith's face must scare the bejesus out of her. or him. or something

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-13 06:27 by stonesnow.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: December 13, 2012 06:26

I agree that Kanye is insanely out of place with the rest of these artists, but he is incredbily talented.

I'm 34 years old and whiter than white, but I can appreciate the musicality in good hip hop.

It's sad some of you people have become as stodgy as your parents probably were when they were decrying the Stones and Beatles in the '60s.

Posted by: Jelly Face Joe ()

The Who performed like they were reading from the sheet music. It was mechanical, plodding, and soulless. Half of their pretentious "rock opera" crap isn't even rock and roll.

Posted by: king ()

Why on earth would they have Kanye West?

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: December 13, 2012 06:27

king
Why on earth would they have Kanye West?

would you say "no" to his posse? smiling smiley

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 13, 2012 06:27

keefriff99
I agree that Kanye is insanely out of place with the rest of these artists, but he is incredbily talented.

You've bumped you're head and should hit the hay...

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: December 13, 2012 06:28

Is West over yet? I changed the channel.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: December 13, 2012 06:28

The Who's keyboard player was good. smiling smiley

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: December 13, 2012 06:29

keefriff99

I'm 34 years old and whiter than white, but I can appreciate the musicality in good hip hop.

It's sad some of you people have become as stodgy as your parents probably were when they were decrying the Stones and Beatles in the '60s.

agree on most of this - but i'll take eminem (my favorite) dre, tupac and snoop over this guy any day

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: December 13, 2012 06:29

Wow Kanye is just awful.

It's so sad what has become of black music. If I wanna hear good black music today I have to watch the show Treme.

Date: December 13, 2012 06:30

stonesnow
treaclefingers
stonesnow
treaclefingers
stonesnow
Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity
gotdablouse
Max'sKansasCity
Make that 1982 !

But I'll bet Keith's face must scare the bejesus out of her. or him. or something

possibly...who is bejesus?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2172
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home