Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 37
Re: 12/12/12 comments as the show flows
Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: December 13, 2012 05:59

Palace Revolution 2000
whitem8
Ok, Love Reign 'Ore Me sounds very good! Pete is fantastic!
Yes I was wondering of he's been saving his voice for this all along.
Yet - do the folks want to hear "I need a drink of cool cool rain"?

Look beyond that and see the overall theme of the song--it's a song of redemption.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()

Max'sKansasCity
gotdablouse
Max'sKansasCity
I thought the WHo retired... did their farewll tour back in 1989?
Make that 1982 !
I was giving them the benefit... but yeah, these bands and their farewll tour BS... then coming back and back... like KISS... such a joke... that along with Pete's other BS... kind of ruin even wantong to hear whta used to be some great songs.... for me anyway. Seems to be a huge Who fan base here ...so I generally dont bash about their crap too much.

Feel free to bash...I definitely wouldn't see them in concert again after this.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()

melillo
gotdablouse
This is a snooze fest I'm off...Roger is just gross too, someone buy him a t-shirt!

melillo
the who played more than doulble the time as the stones and at least acted like they wanted to be there, the stones couldnt wait to get out of there

Too bad you can't do the same...

its unreal how you cant admit the stones got destroyed by the who, this is crazy!

eye rolling smiley

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 13, 2012 06:00

The Who is playing well took a bit for them to get going. Roger does not sound great but oh well. Do they have to play thos shitty Tea and Sympathy song to end every gig though?? Its as bad as Streets of Love!

Max - You are off base with your comments The Who is trying. The Stones played well but seems like they could not wait to leave the stage. Maybe not but it seemed it. Glad they came but another song or two would have been nice.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: December 13, 2012 06:00

melillo
keefriff99
Woody24
melillo
ONCE AGAIN THE WHO STEALS THE SHOW!

You ARE kidding, right?
As opposed to who? The Stones?

They could have played a 30-minute set if they'd wanted to.

but they didnt thats the point lol
I'm agreeing with you!

The Stones sounded great, but they pretty much blew this off. They ended up being a non-factor, sadly.

It seems the Who always ends up blowing the Stones off the stage whenever they share a bill.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 13, 2012 06:01

I would. That was a hell of a set.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: December 13, 2012 06:01

melillo
gotdablouse
This is a snooze fest I'm off...Roger is just gross too, someone buy him a t-shirt!

melillo
the who played more than doulble the time as the stones and at least acted like they wanted to be there, the stones couldnt wait to get out of there

its unreal how you cant admit the stones got destroyed by the who, this is crazy!

The hilarity continues!

Date: December 13, 2012 06:03

Nice F-Bomb by Pete

Posted by: melillo ()

I like the stones way more than the who but iam able to be honest with myself

treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity
gotdablouse
Max'sKansasCity
Make that 1982 !
I was giving them the benefit... but yeah, these bands and their farewll tour BS... then coming back and back... like KISS... such a joke... that along with Pete's other BS... kind of ruin even wantong to hear whta used to be some great songs.... for me anyway. Seems to be a huge Who fan base here ...so I generally dont bash about their crap too much.

It is true man, unlike some on this board I actually bite my tongue versus spouting off about every band I dont like... I know some must like them, so I typically just dont say anything... Who fans would not dig my uncensored Who comments... so I try to be good.

melillo
I like the stones way more than the who but iam able to be honest with myself

I don't think you are.

keefriff99
melillo
keefriff99
Woody24
melillo
ONCE AGAIN THE WHO STEALS THE SHOW!

You ARE kidding, right?
As opposed to who? The Stones?

They could have played a 30-minute set if they'd wanted to.

but they didnt thats the point lol
I'm agreeing with you!

The Stones sounded great, but they pretty much blew this off. They ended up being a non-factor, sadly.

It seems the Who always ends up blowing the Stones off the stage whenever they share a bill.

Legend has it that this is the main reason The Rock n Roll Circus didn't see the light of day of official release for nearly 30 years.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 13, 2012 06:04

What an embarrassment...so they're touring are they, what a bad parody.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: December 13, 2012 06:04

Glam Descendant
melillo
gotdablouse

melillo

The hilarity continues!
Stop being such a fanboy.

Look, I give the Stones credit for fitting this show in on tight notice with a show the next day, but playing for, what, 10 minutes? Not even worth it.

If they'd played their asses for 30 minutes like the Who, then maybe it'd have been a fair fight, but there's no way to compare the two tonight.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 13, 2012 06:06

smileys with beer
keefriff99
Glam Descendant
melillo
gotdablouse

melillo

The hilarity continues!

Look, I give the Stones credit for fitting this show in on tight notice with a show the next day, but playing for, what, 10 minutes? Not even worth it.

If they'd played their asses for 30 minutes like the Who, then maybe it'd have been a fair fight, but there's no way to compare the two tonight.

Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity
gotdablouse
Max'sKansasCity
Make that 1982 !

It is true man, unlike some on this board I actually bite my tongue versus spouting off about every band I dont like... I know some must like them, so I typically just dont say anything... Who fans would not dig my uncensored Who comments... so I try to be good.

That's OK, don't censor yourself, I'm secure enough in my Who fandom to not be offended. The Who that's part of my big 4--Beatles, Stones, Who, Kinks....

keefriff99
Glam Descendant
melillo
gotdablouse

melillo

The hilarity continues!

Look, I give the Stones credit for fitting this show in on tight notice with a show the next day, but playing for, what, 10 minutes? Not even worth it.....

Not even worth it??? worth it for who?? the hurricane victims?

Posted by: hbwriter ()

i love how brutal this board is - the comments should be streaming over the broadcast smiling smiley

Well it made my night watching Gandolfini work his cuffs and gaze into the camera while Bryan Reynolds (?) was talking. What a badass.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: December 13, 2012 06:07

stonesnow
hbwriter
talking to a fairly well-known guitarist yesterday - he said about townsend - "he's the only guy to truly play the guitar like a f---ing man"

Would you mind naming the guitarist?

phil collen from def leppard

stonesnow
Palace Revolution 2000
whitem8
Ok, Love Reign 'Ore Me sounds very good! Pete is fantastic!
Yes I was wondering of he's been saving his voice for this all along.
Yet - do the folks want to hear "I need a drink of cool cool rain"?

Look beyond that and see the overall theme of the song--it's a song of redemption.
well I never...

Max'sKansasCity
keefriff99
Glam Descendant
melillo
gotdablouse

melillo

The hilarity continues!

Look, I give the Stones credit for fitting this show in on tight notice with a show the next day, but playing for, what, 10 minutes? Not even worth it.....

Not even worth it??? worth it for who?? the hurricane victims?

It's not even worth it to complain--it's just a benefit, not a career-defining moment.

Date: December 13, 2012 06:08

keefriff99
Glam Descendant
melillo
gotdablouse

melillo

The hilarity continues!

TRUE, The Stones did 2 two songs that didn't suck and the Who did entire set that sucked. They were awful. Pete sounded ok, but Roger murdered the music. The shirt coming off was ridiculous.

Is it old age, senility? Weren't these guys at some point cool?

I can't even remember anymore and I'll never burn that image of a half naked Daltry wailing in and out of tune.

Hang it up!

Posted by: Jelly Face Joe ()

Did Townsend have to register as a sex offender in NYC?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()

The Who were good and tight in 2001, today they were completely off the mark, embarassing, I'm off as it will get worse (Joel) before it gets better (Macca)

Posted by: millerman60 ()
Date: December 13, 2012 06:09

I could'nt make it to the end. As a huge fan of the classic Who lineup,thruat was excruciating to watch.

Date: December 13, 2012 06:09

hbwriter
stonesnow
hbwriter
talking to a fairly well-known guitarist yesterday - he said about townsend - "he's the only guy to truly play the guitar like a f---ing man"

Would you mind naming the guitarist?

phil collen from def leppard

Thanks hb! Never been a Def Leppard fan myself, but I appreciate his comment. Never thought about Pete's playing that way. Very insightful quote.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 13, 2012 06:10

I will agree that Roger Daltrey taking hos shirt off was pathetic at his age and Tpwnshends f bomb was totally uncalled for.

treaclefingers
keefriff99
Glam Descendant
melillo
gotdablouse

melillo

Haha,,, that was funny "a half naked Daltryey".

The hilarity continues!

TRUE, The Stones did 2 two songs that didn't suck and the Who did entire set that sucked. They were awful. Pete sounded ok, but Roger murdered the music. The shirt coming off was ridiculous.

Is it old age, senility? Weren't these guys at some point cool?

I can't even remember anymore and I'll never burn that image of a half naked Daltry wailing in and out of tune.

Hang it up!

stonesnow
Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity
gotdablouse
Max'sKansasCity
Make that 1982 !

That's OK, don't censor yourself, I'm secure enough in my Who fandom to not be offended. The Who that's part of my big 4--Beatles, Stones, Who, Kinks....

I love the Who, they are also in my top 4. That my friend, was not the who. Sometimes less isn't more, and 1/2 the Who and a singer that looks like my grandma...that is NOT the who.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1574
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home