Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 37
Re: 12/12/12 comments as the show flows
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 13, 2012 06:10

Palace Revolution 2000
Well it made my night watching Gandolfini work his cuffs and gaze into the camera while Bryan Reynolds (?) was talking. What a badass.
Not sure if sarcasm...... but if not.... I AGREE... it was cool that th whole Sopranos crew was there doing their part to help the cause. Great show, great cast, doing good things to help the cause.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: December 13, 2012 06:10

Palace Revolution 2000
stonesnow
Palace Revolution 2000
whitem8
Ok, Love Reign 'Ore Me sounds very good! Pete is fantastic!
Yes I was wondering of he's been saving his voice for this all along.
Yet - do the folks want to hear "I need a drink of cool cool rain"?

Look beyond that and see the overall theme of the song--it's a song of redemption.
well I never...

Never what? Knew that Love Reign O'er Me is a song of redemption?

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 13, 2012 06:11

Are the clips anywhere yet? Torrent perhaps?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 13, 2012 06:11

melillo
I like the stones way more than the who but iam able to be honest with myself

Frankly, I don't think you are able to be honest with yourself. I'll bet you're real name isn't melillo.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: December 13, 2012 06:12

stonesnow
hbwriter
stonesnow
hbwriter
talking to a fairly well-known guitarist yesterday - he said about townsend - "he's the only guy to truly play the guitar like a f---ing man"

Would you mind naming the guitarist?

phil collen from def leppard

Thanks hb! Never been a Def Leppard fan myself, but I appreciate his comment. Never thought about Pete's playing that way. Very insightful quote.

i think phil is a great player-he worships townsend - i'm writing his book with him now which means lots of long days just sitting around recording stories and anecdotal stuff - he really has an interesting story, i think - also talks about how they (mutt lange) invited jagger to sing on hysteria (but was turned down)

Posted by: The Sicilian ()

Well HB, get out your 40oz ers and your clock necklace....

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()

treaclefingers
keefriff99
Glam Descendant
melillo
gotdablouse
This is a snooze fest I'm off...Roger is just gross too, someone buy him a t-shirt!

melillo
the who played more than doulble the time as the stones and at least acted like they wanted to be there, the stones couldnt wait to get out of there

Too bad you can't do the same...

its unreal how you cant admit the stones got destroyed by the who, this is crazy!

The hilarity continues!
Stop being such a fanboy.

Look, I give the Stones credit for fitting this show in on tight notice with a show the next day, but playing for, what, 10 minutes? Not even worth it.

If they'd played their asses for 30 minutes like the Who, then maybe it'd have been a fair fight, but there's no way to compare the two tonight.

TRUE, The Stones did 2 two songs that didn't suck and the Who did entire set that sucked. They were awful. Pete sounded ok, but Roger murdered the music. The shirt coming off was ridiculous.

Is it old age, senility? Weren't these guys at some point cool?

I can't even remember anymore and I'll never burn that image of a half naked Daltry wailing in and out of tune.

Hang it up!

There are thousands upon thousands upon thousands etc., who say the same thing about the Rolling Stones. Old age, senility, Jagger shaking his ass. It's all subjective. Fans of the Stones really have no business taking about another band's old age and senility.

Date: December 13, 2012 06:13

mute mute mute...
It appears the stock peaked at The Stones.. and should have been shorted there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-13 06:15 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: December 13, 2012 06:13

Good ol' tokenism, get the black guys to introduce the black artists eye rolling smiley

Kayne West is next. Are the critics ready??

Date: December 13, 2012 06:14

The Sicilian
Well HB, get out your 40oz ers and your clock necklace....

"how many of y'all motherf----ers wanna hear some bill wyman? yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah!"

This Kanye set seems a little awkward.

Posted by: slew ()

After watching some of this tonight maybe Grace Slick was right when shesaid old people should not play rock and roll!!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: December 13, 2012 06:15

How can anyone say the Who even put up a fight? Love them but their performance was average at best. Bell Boy was HORRIBLE. They could have done any other sing in their catalog but they instead chose to stare at a screen of old Keith Moon footage. The audience was dumbfounded and bored. Worst song choice possible.

The Stones were solid. Buschemi was priceless!

Posted by: justamomentita ()

melillo
ONCE AGAIN THE WHO STEALS THE SHOW!

LOL...you're still bitchin cause ya can't afford a ticket.

Long John Stoner
treaclefingers
keefriff99
Glam Descendant
melillo
gotdablouse
This is a snooze fest I'm off...Roger is just gross too, someone buy him a t-shirt!

melillo
the who played more than doulble the time as the stones and at least acted like they wanted to be there, the stones couldnt wait to get out of there

Too bad you can't do the same...

its unreal how you cant admit the stones got destroyed by the who, this is crazy!

The hilarity continues!
Stop being such a fanboy.

Look, I give the Stones credit for fitting this show in on tight notice with a show the next day, but playing for, what, 10 minutes? Not even worth it.

If they'd played their asses for 30 minutes like the Who, then maybe it'd have been a fair fight, but there's no way to compare the two tonight.

TRUE, The Stones did 2 two songs that didn't suck and the Who did entire set that sucked. They were awful. Pete sounded ok, but Roger murdered the music. The shirt coming off was ridiculous.

Is it old age, senility? Weren't these guys at some point cool?

I can't even remember anymore and I'll never burn that image of a half naked Daltry wailing in and out of tune.

Hang it up!

There are thousands upon thousands upon thousands etc., who say the same thing about the Rolling Stones. Old age, senility, Jagger shaking his ass. It's all subjective. Fans of the Stones really have no business taking about another band's old age and senility.

True. They say it without even watching though. They are ageists.

I wasn't being an ageist. I was describing how awful what I just watched was.

stonesnow
Palace Revolution 2000
stonesnow
Palace Revolution 2000
whitem8
Ok, Love Reign 'Ore Me sounds very good! Pete is fantastic!
Yes I was wondering of he's been saving his voice for this all along.
Yet - do the folks want to hear "I need a drink of cool cool rain"?

Look beyond that and see the overall theme of the song--it's a song of redemption.
well I never...

Never what? Knew that Love Reign O'er Me is a song of redemption?

No, I was being sarcastic, As in "well I never knew.." but my sarcasm is uncalled for. I was actually just going to edit it out then saw you had already responded.
The 'rain' comment was more of a joke. I been up in NYC twice since Sandy and no one wants to hear anything about no water coming down anymore, LOL
Cheers to you stonesnow.

Posted by: memphiscats ()

OK - I'll fess up - I love Pete Townsend - I thought Baba was great tonight!

And while it's true confessions hour - I'm really looking forward to Billy Joel. I've seen him 3X in concert and he never disappoints his fans.

So there - I'm the lamb being lead to the slaughter. smoking smiley

Date: December 13, 2012 06:16

Nice skirt Kanye... you trying to turn on Petey boy?

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()

Max'sKansasCity, is this the part of the show where you start talking about rappers singing about shooting guns and gangbanging?
edit: rapping, not singing. though some sing. you're a little slow tonight, Max! where are the "yo yo, waddup g! i be shootin' some bitches yo" quotes from you?? You must be in the bathroom tongue sticking out smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-13 06:20 by GumbootCloggeroo.

Posted by: stonesnow ()

treaclefingers
stonesnow
Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity
gotdablouse
Max'sKansasCity
I thought the WHo retired... did their farewll tour back in 1989?
Make that 1982 !
I was giving them the benefit... but yeah, these bands and their farewll tour BS... then coming back and back... like KISS... such a joke... that along with Pete's other BS... kind of ruin even wantong to hear whta used to be some great songs.... for me anyway. Seems to be a huge Who fan base here ...so I generally dont bash about their crap too much.

Feel free to bash...I definitely wouldn't see them in concert again after this.

It is true man, unlike some on this board I actually bite my tongue versus spouting off about every band I dont like... I know some must like them, so I typically just dont say anything... Who fans would not dig my uncensored Who comments... so I try to be good.

That's OK, don't censor yourself, I'm secure enough in my Who fandom to not be offended. The Who that's part of my big 4--Beatles, Stones, Who, Kinks....

I love the Who, they are also in my top 4. That my friend, was not the who. Sometimes less isn't more, and 1/2 the Who and a singer that looks like my grandma...that is NOT the who.

Hey, at least the 68-year-old singer has all his hair and most of his hair color as well. I haven't seen clips of the set yet, all I know is that the show I saw November 16 was a show to remember. The entire Quadrophenia album done flawlessly. And yes, Roger was in great voice that night. Some nights it makes it, some nights it doesn't.... It's nothing to do with age, certainly not in the case of Pete and Rog. Besides, you obviously don't mind The Stones with a guitarist who looks like something from The Mummy's Tomb.

Posted by: Jesse1960 ()

melillo
I like the stones way more than the who but iam able to be honest with myself

Same here. But The Who just brought the house down, and in the process embarrassed Sir Mick, again. If this were a prize fight, The Who knocked out The Stones in the 3rd. round.

how crowded you think the restrooms are right now?

Date: December 13, 2012 06:17

I love Kanye's leather kilt. Or is it a skirt?

Posted by: slew ()

OKay the Who's performance is legendary compared to Kanye West. I am sorry but that genre is NOT music it al sucks!

Posted by: Blue ()

Kanye, this song really whacks it, ...where's LOVE LOCKDOWN??

Max'sKansasCity
Palace Revolution 2000
Well it made my night watching Gandolfini work his cuffs and gaze into the camera while Bryan Reynolds (?) was talking. What a badass.
Not sure if sarcasm...... but if not.... I AGREE... it was cool that th whole Sopranos crew was there doing their part to help the cause. Great show, great cast, doing good things to help the cause.
Not at all; I love that all those guys are there. And seriously: Gandolfini made my night, he said his piece, and then he was completely impassive. Those cameras did not exist.
Strange - I just responded twice to sarcasm related topics.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-13 06:18 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: justamomentita ()

memphiscats

And while it's true confessions hour - I'm really looking forward to Billy Joel. I've seen him 3X in concert and he never disappoints his fans.

My condolences.

Posted by: Blue ()

hbwriter
how crowded you think the restrooms are right now?

Lol.

Date: December 13, 2012 06:18

treaclefingers
I love Kanye's leather kilt. Or is it a skirt?

a skirt if a skirt....

Date: December 13, 2012 06:18

memphiscats

Ok you sheep. I can't really stomach Billy Joel but, I respect any performer that shows up and gives their time for a benefit.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1981
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home