Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 37
Re: 12/12/12 comments as the show flows
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 13, 2012 05:48

A good thing The Who don't have a PPV coming up because I wouldn't be buying it after seeing that...and now Rog's belly, huh...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-13 05:49 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Blue ()

Heating it up with Baba.

Posted by: stonesstein ()

@ melillo - Love it!

smileys with beer

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: December 13, 2012 05:49

Man, Roger is a sexy beast. Look at that tanned, waxed torso...68 years old.

Posted by: stonesnow ()

Glam Descendant
stonesnow
gotdablouse
Ok Pinball...that's 4 songs, what else do they have? Athena? Pictures of Lilly?

Oh yeah--See Me, Feel Me, which would be perfect for the occasion. They'll end on that one for sure. Like at the Olympics.

You guys act like the setlist hasn't already been posted. Next 3 songs:

Baba O'Reilly
Love Reign 'oer Me
Tea & Theatre.

I haven't seen the set list posted. But yeah, Love Reign O'er Me is a great choice. Pete never plays the solo on that the same way twice.

Posted by: Woody24 ()

melillo
ONCE AGAIN THE WHO STEALS THE SHOW!

You ARE kidding, right?

"Take all the pain...It's yours anyway"

Posted by: Blue ()

Poor Roger looks like he just took a puff of an inhaler!

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 13, 2012 05:50

the who played more than doulble the time as the stones and at least acted like they wanted to be there, the stones couldnt wait to get out of there

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()

gotdablouse
Max'sKansasCity
I thought the WHo retired... did their farewll tour back in 1989?
Make that 1982 !
I was giving them the benefit... but yeah, these bands and their farewll tour BS... then coming back and back... like KISS... such a joke... that along with Pete's other BS... kind of ruin even wantong to hear whta used to be some great songs.... for me anyway. Seems to be a huge Who fan base here ...so I generally dont bash about their crap too much.

Max'sKansasCity

1982. But thanks to John Entwistle's extravagant living and perpetual debt, Pete had to keep bringing back The Who to save Entwistle from financial ruin.

stonesstein
Damn, Roger is NOT doing it for me. Am I the only one who thinks he is awful?

Come on, he's giving what he got. I like a guy who sets himself up and sings as well as he can; he's been at it almost 50 years too. It's NYC and they come out.

Date: December 13, 2012 05:51

hbwriter
talking to a fairly well-known guitarist yesterday - he said about townsend - "he's the only guy to truly play the guitar like a f---ing man"

Would you mind naming the guitarist?

Date: December 13, 2012 05:53

Max'sKansasCity
StrawberriesBlueberries
Mick seemed quite nervous and was doing too many excersises on JJF, which I think showed in his singing a bit. He looked like he almost forgot the lyrics between two verses and got out of breath towards the end, had to fight to finish his singing okay. Reminded me a little bit of his first song in the White House, where he wanted to give too much (though that was worse). Please Mick, relax, you are great!!!, no need to be that stressed, hectic and to move more than when you were 30! Just focus on singing and then on dancing, sometimes it feels like your ranking is the other way round. The band sounded great though.

But I think he sang well on You Got Me Rocking.

How many people are there, is it a larger audience than in the previous shows? Mabye has something to do with Mick's nervousness, and that it is live. Hope he will forget it is live on Saturday.

Maybe something about him being a distance runner (full concert)...
and doing sprints (2 songs set) messes up his pace... like at the White House thing... maybe... just sayin.

Also think this. Almost every time when watching more recent concert videos, I feel, he needs about 1 1/2 song to really get into a concert and his energetic moves still seem very forced during this time. That spoils these songs for. He is so much better relaxed. But this time I thought he was good on YGMR, better than on JJF, though that was the second song. The question is, if not sometimes there is simply no need to sprint, especially when one still has to warm up on the frst few songs. Maybe it is better to just walk fast or something.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 13, 2012 05:53

whitem8
Yeah Roger didn't sound good on Who Are You, but he redeemed himself on See Me Feel Me.

He sure did. I think he needs to warm that voice up. The crowd sure loves them and yes they do sound very good.

Date: December 13, 2012 05:54

stonesnow
Max'sKansasCity

1982. But thanks to John Entwistle's extravagant living and perpetual debt, Pete had to keep bringing back The Who to save Entwistle from financial ruin.
And what excuse have you used since Johns death?

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()

The difference between being at a show and watching it online and discussing it at the same time on a message board.

being there: a great time is had. dancing. who cares if someone is off key or can't sing anymore or whatever. it's live music. it's fun. There's no thinking involved. You're in the moment.

not being there: analyzing every single note and bar and lick and song and movement and breath. we're all American Idol judges. he did poorly one song but totally redeemed himself in the next song. the harmonica is flat. the song is too slow. the song is too fast. TOO MUCH THINKING.

Lesson learned: don't be here during the PPV on Saturday.

to compare the stones to the who tonight is a disgrace and an insult to the who to be honest

Posted by: gotdablouse ()

This is a snooze fest I'm off...Roger is just gross too, someone buy him a t-shirt!

melillo
the who played more than doulble the time as the stones and at least acted like they wanted to be there, the stones couldnt wait to get out of there

Too bad you can't do the same...

Woody24
melillo

You ARE kidding, right?
As opposed to who? The Stones?

You can't win if you don't show up. The Stones basically forfeited. They could have played a 30-minute set if they'd wanted to.

Posted by: whitem8 ()

Ok, Love Reign 'Ore Me sounds very good! Pete is fantastic!

Date: December 13, 2012 05:55

GumbootCloggeroo
The difference between being at a show and watching it online and discussing it at the same time on a message board.

being there: a great time is had. dancing. who cares if someone is off key or can't sing anymore or whatever. it's live music. it's fun. There's no thinking involved. You're in the moment.

not being there: analyzing every single note and bar and lick and song and movement and breath. we're all American Idol judges. he did poorly one song but totally redeemed himself in the next song. the harmonica is flat. the song is too slow. the song is too fast. TOO MUCH THINKING.

Lesson learned: don't be here during the PPV on Saturday.
good to hear

Date: December 13, 2012 05:56

whitem8
Ok, Love Reign 'Ore Me sounds very good! Pete is fantastic!
Yes I was wondering of he's been saving his voice for this all along.
Yet - do the folks want to hear "I need a drink of cool cool rain"?

Date: December 13, 2012 05:57

keefriff99
Woody24
melillo

You ARE kidding, right?
As opposed to who? The Stones?

They could have played a 30-minute set if they'd wanted to.

but they didnt thats the point lol

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 13, 2012 05:58

Woody24
melillo

You ARE kidding, right?

yes, that was quite amusing.

Posted by: duke richardson ()

zak Starkey..giving it to the music ..excellent player

Max'sKansasCity
stonesnow
Max'sKansasCity

And what excuse have you used since Johns death?

Endless Wire

Has the latter-day concert staple Tea & Theatre.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()

keefriff99
Man, Roger is a sexy beast. Look at that tanned, waxed torso...68 years old.

I just hurled a little in my mouth.

gotdablouse
This is a snooze fest I'm off...Roger is just gross too, someone buy him a t-shirt!

melillo

Too bad you can't do the same...

its unreal how you cant admit the stones got destroyed by the who, this is crazy!

Date: December 13, 2012 05:59

StrawberriesBlueberries
Max'sKansasCity
StrawberriesBlueberries
Mick seemed quite nervous and was doing too many excersises on JJF, which I think showed in his singing a bit. He looked like he almost forgot the lyrics between two verses and got out of breath towards the end, had to fight to finish his singing okay. Reminded me a little bit of his first song in the White House, where he wanted to give too much (though that was worse). Please Mick, relax, you are great!!!, no need to be that stressed, hectic and to move more than when you were 30! Just focus on singing and then on dancing, sometimes it feels like your ranking is the other way round. The band sounded great though.

But I think he sang well on You Got Me Rocking.

How many people are there, is it a larger audience than in the previous shows? Mabye has something to do with Mick's nervousness, and that it is live. Hope he will forget it is live on Saturday.

Maybe something about him being a distance runner (full concert)...
and doing sprints (2 songs set) messes up his pace... like at the White House thing... maybe... just sayin.

Also think this. Almost every time when watching more recent concert videos, I feel, he needs about 1 1/2 song to really get into a concert and his energetic moves still seem very forced during this time. That spoils these songs for. He is so much better relaxed. But this time I thought he was good on YGMR, better than on JJF, though that was the second song. The question is, if not sometimes there is simply no need to sprint, especially when one still has to warm up on the frst few songs. Maybe it is better to just walk fast or something.

I have really appreciated what Mick has done in recent times... it seems like almost mind over matter... he is going for it in every way... he knows who he is and he does his best to live up to legend in every way....all while seeming to have fun with it.... smiling.

Date: December 13, 2012 05:59

gotdablouse
A good thing The Who don't have a PPV coming up because I wouldn't be buying it after seeing that...and now Rog's belly, huh...
If I'm in half as good a shape as he is when I'm 68, I'm NEVER putting a shirt on.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1288
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home