Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 37
Re: 12/12/12 comments as the show flows
Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: December 13, 2012 06:31

I think there are a shit-ton of folks in NYC who'd pay BIG$ to see Kanye. Go Kanye, and thanx, Bro!

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()

Long John Stoner
Is West over yet? I changed the channel.

No but....
thats it... show is over...

fcuk this noise and the skirt it rode in on.

Would have liked to have seen Paul... but oh well.

click

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-13 06:33 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()

hbwriter
keefriff99
I agree that Kanye is insanely out of place with the rest of these artists, but he is incredbily talented.

I'm 34 years old and whiter than white, but I can appreciate the musicality in good hip hop.

It's sad some of you people have become as stodgy as your parents probably were when they were decrying the Stones and Beatles in the '60s.

agree on most of this - but i'll take eminem (my favorite) dre, tupac and snoop over this guy any day
Yeah, I like those guys.

Also the Beastie Boys, Run DMC, Public Enemy, NWA, Too Short...I'm not a hip fan FAN, but there are certain songs that I really dig, plus they remind me of middle and high school. Good times.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-13 06:32 by keefriff99.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 13, 2012 06:32

stonesstein
I think there are a shit-ton of folks in NYC who'd pay BIG$ to see Kanye. Go Kanye, and thanx, Bro!

Is shit ton slang for nobody?

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()

Elvis Costello texted us from MSG that the Stones have outclassed everyone so far. He said JJF was amazing in the house.

Posted by: king ()

Wasn't it fantastic to see Eric play as a 3pce set up-reminescent of Cream?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()

keefriff99
I agree that Kanye is insanely out of place with the rest of these artists, but he is incredbily talented.

I'm 34 years old and whiter than white, but I can appreciate the musicality in good hip hop.

It's sad some of you people have become as stodgy as your parents probably were when they were decrying the Stones and Beatles in the '60s.

It's ok to think he's crap. Not all hip hop or rap is crap, but he's been crap tonight and his skirt leaves him open for abuse.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 13, 2012 06:33

So far how I rank the top 5 performances:

1. Bruce Springsteen

2. The Who

3. Eric Clapton

4. Roger Waters

5. The Stones

Since its a Stones board an explanation is in order, I thought YGMR was great for them. JJF kind of floundered, and I hate the backup singers, they ruin the chorus. Not them personally just the way they sound. That being said a 2 song set just didn't cut it for such a big band. It looked cheesy almost like they were too good to be there. They could have played some easy acoustic numbers or a couple early hits. Oh well.

I wonder if Paul McCartney will have a big "Hey Jude" sing along at the end. Is Mick and Keith coming out?

Posted by: micwer ()

keefriff99

Amen to that.

Posted by: cn854 ()

The Stones were decent, Jaggers jokes are not funny though.

The Who were pretty good but Daltrey is getting old, his voice is giving out, Townsend was GREAT. See Me Feel Me was fabulous.

While I'm not a big fan of his, I thought Clapton was the best so far....

Date: December 13, 2012 06:34

micwer
keefriff99

Amen to that.

Amen?

Wow, you're easy

Kanye sells a whole lotta "rekkidz" to folks who do not typically buy Stones, Macca, and 'ooo rekkidz!

stonesstein

Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()

I'm getting this on DVR, so I can always watch for McCartney later I suppose. No interest in Grohl or Chris Martin and whoever else is left.

Munichhilton
stonesstein

It better be.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()

Munichhilton
stonesstein

You sound like an out-of-touch, drunken Dean Martin when he mocked the young punk Stones back in the '60s.

Posted by: stonesnow ()

treaclefingers
stonesnow
treaclefingers
stonesnow
treaclefingers
stonesnow
Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity
gotdablouse
Max'sKansasCity
I thought the WHo retired... did their farewll tour back in 1989?
Make that 1982 !
I was giving them the benefit... but yeah, these bands and their farewll tour BS... then coming back and back... like KISS... such a joke... that along with Pete's other BS... kind of ruin even wantong to hear whta used to be some great songs.... for me anyway. Seems to be a huge Who fan base here ...so I generally dont bash about their crap too much.

Feel free to bash...I definitely wouldn't see them in concert again after this.

It is true man, unlike some on this board I actually bite my tongue versus spouting off about every band I dont like... I know some must like them, so I typically just dont say anything... Who fans would not dig my uncensored Who comments... so I try to be good.

That's OK, don't censor yourself, I'm secure enough in my Who fandom to not be offended. The Who that's part of my big 4--Beatles, Stones, Who, Kinks....

I love the Who, they are also in my top 4. That my friend, was not the who. Sometimes less isn't more, and 1/2 the Who and a singer that looks like my grandma...that is NOT the who.

Hey, at least the 68-year-old singer has all his hair and most of his hair color as well. I haven't seen clips of the set yet, all I know is that the show I saw November 16 was a show to remember. The entire Quadrophenia album done flawlessly. And yes, Roger was in great voice that night. Some nights it makes it, some nights it doesn't.... It's nothing to do with age, certainly not in the case of Pete and Rog. Besides, you obviously don't mind The Stones with a guitarist who looks like something from The Mummy's Tomb.

Yes, Roger has a lovely perm. My 5 year old thought it was a little old lady...I'm not kidding I promise. The little granny glasses did not help.

But I'll bet Keith's face must scare the bejesus out of her. or him. or something

possibly...who is bejesus?

Sort of like this guy, I think. Only jesuser. Or more jesusey. or something.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: December 13, 2012 06:35

kanye is STILL on?

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: December 13, 2012 06:35

uhbuhgullayew
The Who's keyboard player was good. smiling smiley

You mean Chris Stainton? He played on the original studio recording of Quadrophenia.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-13 06:40 by stonesnow.

Date: December 13, 2012 06:37

Did Rabbit Bundrick play with the Who tonight? I couldn't tell.

Date: December 13, 2012 06:37

Stainton played on the A.R.M.s tour w/ Bill & Charlie.

stonesstein

Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: Jelly Face Joe ()
Date: December 13, 2012 06:38

The Stones came on as a last minute add on. In order to protect the time slots already agreed upon for the other acts, the Stones had to be squeezed into a 15 minute set.

keefriff99
Munichhilton
stonesstein

You sound like an out-of-touch, drunken Dean Martin when he mocked the young punk Stones back in the '60s.

Yes I do child, yes I do.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()

Biggest waste of time tonight:

Adam Sandler
Kanye

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: December 13, 2012 06:39

Long John Stoner

Rabbit is not on the current Who tour. They are using 2 other keyboard players.

Date: December 13, 2012 06:40

"Drunk Uncle" needs to go backstage and pass out.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()

Wait wait wait... we turned off the broadcast when The Who went into Pinball Wizard.. What's this about a shirtless Roger? I know he had his chest out but did he really go shirtless?

Seriously don't get you guys on the Who. They plain sucked, and I am a fan. Even like Its Hard.

Posted by: slew ()

I am not stodgy I just don't like rap/hiphopnot my thing it all sounds the same and I don't get it. There is a huge market and some of the rapping the way they can fire off lines with their mouth takes some talent but I like music and there just ain't much in ot to listen to musically.

buffalo7478
Long John Stoner

Rabbit is not on the current Who tour. They are using 2 other keyboard players.

Ah, thanks.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: December 13, 2012 06:41

Treacle Fingers, let's talk fashion!
I was envisioning one of those heavy, rrrough-looking skirts for Jagger.
The TUNIC he wore at Hyde Park was worn over pants...and the ruffly look you saw as a skirt was no more than 3 inches.

This show is getting more dullsville by the minute Macca had better be good although hearing him sing Kurt Cobain songs is probably more than I can take. I may be forced to switch channels to HSN or some other intellectual channel.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 13, 2012 06:41

is it safe?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2187
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home