Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 77
Re: Why oh why the negative comments on this board?
Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 22, 2015 01:33

treaclefingers
keefriffhards
Well this is called a fan club. i am a fan. the point i'm making is that some posters don't sound much like fans.they kind of go on and on about the same things as mentioned earlier in this post.
when everyone is buzzing about the live show and the live comments as a show is happening its so exciting until the same people start moaning and winging about set lists or keith played the wrong note on brown sugar and so on. its pathetic to pick holes in a guy who is playing his heart out giving it all for the audience in hot stadiums under even hotter lighting rigs.
i just don't think that's the time to whine about things.

This then, is obviously the time to whine about things in your opinion...

Reading your post left me with a bit of soul searching and I'm noticing a salty discharge being emitted from my eyes.

I think we should devote one entire thread to the cheerleaders where only positive comments are made and no one's feelings can get hurt, or will get hurt.

The vast majority of us shouldn't be hurting your feelings by wanting a different song, or a new album, or a different guest, or opening act and speaking openly about it. Hopefully, in your cheerleader thread, you can get as strictly positive vibe, with no other opinions.

It just the right thing to do.

Stole my idea.....start the thread now!!

Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 22, 2015 01:36

treaclefingers
keefriffhards
Well this is called a fan club. i am a fan. the point i'm making is that some posters don't sound much like fans.they kind of go on and on about the same things as mentioned earlier in this post.
when everyone is buzzing about the live show and the live comments as a show is happening its so exciting until the same people start moaning and winging about set lists or keith played the wrong note on brown sugar and so on. its pathetic to pick holes in a guy who is playing his heart out giving it all for the audience in hot stadiums under even hotter lighting rigs.
i just don't think that's the time to whine about things.

This then, is obviously the time to whine about things in your opinion...

Reading your post left me with a bit of soul searching and I'm noticing a salty discharge being emitted from my eyes.

I think we should devote one entire thread to the cheerleaders where only positive comments are made and no one's feelings can get hurt, or will get hurt.

The vast majority of us shouldn't be hurting your feelings by wanting a different song, or a new album, or a different guest, or opening act and speaking openly about it. Hopefully, in your cheerleader thread, you can get as strictly positive vibe, with no other opinions.

It just the right thing to do.

At least you are not being snarky about things.

The Stones Are Far Too Talented To Be Playing The Same Old Songs
Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: June 21, 2015 22:42

I have no idea who Robert Bagel is, but he did write an excellent review of the Stones concert in Nashville, Tennessee on June 17, 2015. To see all of it, go to the News section of iorr.org. Here is an excerpt of his report:

This is a completely underrated gem of a song, overlooked perhaps because it is "only" twenty one years old. And I will limit my setlist complaints (which hardly could be applied tonight) and emphasize the idea that what is missing is new material from the band. As Keith intimated in an interview a few weeks back, the world's greatest rock and roll band should get back in the studio, and soon. These gentlemen are too brilliant, too creative to do the same nineteen songs per night. How many You Got Me Rockings is the world yet to see because the focus has been on anniversaries or "classic" albums exhumed with additional trackszzzzzzzzzz?!

Please guys, hit record and something like Back of My Hand or You Got Me Rocking, or even greater will happen, and the world will permanently be a better place because of it. This group is too talented, playing too well, and in possession of a vibe that will pay off in spades once you book that studio time.

I think Robert is right. Mick and the group could easily write a number of songs to include in a new studio album, or two. They just need to concentrate and do it.

One other person on iorr.org asked us to recored our approval or disapproval (on another topic) by voting a simple yea or nay, so I will do the same.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-22 00:35 by bv.

Re: Bagel Thinks the Stones Are Far Too Talented To Be Playing The Same Old Songs
Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: June 21, 2015 22:42

I vote YEA.

Re: Bagel Thinks the Stones Are Far Too Talented To Be Playing The Same Old Songs
Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 21, 2015 23:30

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY. A Bigger Bang was an exciting album. Add in Under The Radar and We Don't Wanna Go Home, remove the filler tracks that you personally don't like, you get a really solid album.

As long as they let someone with real ears master it, we could all use some new Stones tunes!

Date: June 21, 2015 23:42

Here I go.......I think this is the root of the set list problem. When supporting a new studio album, in a show, you're going to get 4-5 new songs5-6 early in the tour. This leaves @ 15-16 slots available. Add to that the 2-3 wildcards, LLR, RT & 2000LY from 89', AON, NFA, MM & Heartbreaker in 94'....etc... Now there is only room for 10-12 Warhorses. Now the emphasis becomes "What warhorses did you get?"- No one has left a show in 15 years wanting more warhorses.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 22, 2015 00:32

In the real world, people gravitate to the work where they are in demand. The unfortunate result of today's music industry is that it makes little economic sense for the Stones to spend time in the studio.

Re: The Stones Are Far Too Talented To Be Playing The Same Old Songs
Date: June 22, 2015 00:42

flilflam
I have no idea who Robert Bagel is,

Robert has been writing great reviews on the "reports" pages for years and years and years. His was one of the first reports I read years ago. If you go back waaaaaay back on reports pages you will see his name there almost from the start.

I dont think he posts much on "tell me" any more, at least I have not seen him recently.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-22 00:46 by relms.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 22, 2015 00:47

Thrylan
No one has left a show in 15 years wanting more warhorses.

Seems a logical assumption, especially for people who have seen them multiple times and other hardcore fans, but I actually get the feeling there is a huge contingent of people who actually want nothing but greatest hits. I may underestimate the fanbase. What did your son want, btw? Does he even know any of the more obscure cuts enough to want to hear them played?

And it's obviously true as drbryant suggests that making a new record isn't as profitable for them as playing concerts but what about their artistic values? Does making big money trump creating new music for these guys? I'm afraid the answer has been yes for quite some time using the Stones as a vehiicle

By hey doesn't Keith have a new record in the can? And didn't Mick put out some new material with SuperHeavy?

peace

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 22, 2015 00:51

Is Street Fighting Man defined as a warhorse (by those who use such terminology)? Then I certainly leave shows wanting more warhorses. Paint It Black? All Down the Line? Let's Spend the Night Together? Get Off of My Cloud? Didn't get any of those at my most recent show, but I'd have loved to hear them.

Got You Got Me Rocking, though . .

Date: June 22, 2015 01:08

SFM does not get played enough.....for sure. My son voted Shattered, we were hoping for at least CYHMK- I promise, the folks of his ilk in our section had NO connection with MM. After PIB, it took a badass Rambler to get my section back. Again, he is 20, he loves RJ, which is logical.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 22, 2015 01:18

Well, things are as they are. Not much we can do about it. Those I feel puzzled about are the hardcore fans that travels around the world and goes to dozens of concerts.
And spends thousands of dollars and euros to hear the same songs being played over and over! And yet you don't hear them complaining. What are they made of?

Date: June 22, 2015 01:30

Stoneage
Well, things are as they are. Not much we can do about it. Those I feel puzzled about are the hardcore fans that travels around the world and goes to dozens of concerts.
And spends thousands of dollars and euros to hear the same songs being played over and over! And yet you don't hear them complaining. What are they made of?

I to wonder about this. Firstly, I guess they are the 1%ers of our community. I would suspect that many of them are the, "Greatest tour ever-everyone who isn't positive is a whiner" crowd. I am in the, going to have one shot, pick the best close city and spend a weeks pay to make it crowd, and frankly, I do want a truthful realistic ac punt of what I'm going to see, and forgive me, I have certain expectations for the money and effort I have spent. I doubt I am alone.

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: June 22, 2015 01:46

Aquamarine
Is Street Fighting Man defined as a warhorse (by those who use such terminology)? Then I certainly leave shows wanting more warhorses. Paint It Black? All Down the Line? Let's Spend the Night Together? Get Off of My Cloud? Didn't get any of those at my most recent show, but I'd have loved to hear them.

Get Off My Cloud was the opening number and Paint It Black was the third slot song at all the 2013 GRRR shows in North America.

Re: The ticket prices and other complaints thread
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 22, 2015 01:50

well listen , i am disappointed with set lists too. but its still the greatest show on earth. i understand why people get frustrated but lets get real. it maybe their last hooray, in which case its too late for drastic change now. so just enjoy it while it lasts. go listen to the eagles live if you want perfection, go listen to bob dylan if you want to be amazed with the set list. dude i want keith to sing all about you, sleep tonight and coming down again, but its not going to happen . just except it. stop bullying the threads and the fan site with your thuggish bullheaded intimidating views. you know who you are, and give people a chance to enjoy this incredible tour.. one love...

Date: June 22, 2015 01:51

My complaint is the tour is half over, or is it half remaining?

Either way, the tour will be over soon, and then

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: June 22, 2015 01:54

relms
You are correct, it makes no sense but they have been doing it here for years and they will defend their right to whine when they are not whining. It is kind of crazy. And the whole "more opinions make it more interesting" is as stale as the whines. They dont whine to make it interesting, they whine because they like to whine and it has driven away many good positive posters over the years and turned many positive posters into whiners.

The Stones are rolling, they are sounding great, people are having fun at live shows and still the whiners whine. It is just what they do.

LMFAO.
You're pretty good at whining yourself I must say.

Date: June 22, 2015 01:57

TheBlockbuster
relms
You are correct, it makes no sense but they have been doing it here for years and they will defend their right to whine when they are not whining. It is kind of crazy. And the whole "more opinions make it more interesting" is as stale as the whines. They dont whine to make it interesting, they whine because they like to whine and it has driven away many good positive posters over the years and turned many positive posters into whiners.

The Stones are rolling, they are sounding great, people are having fun at live shows and still the whiners whine. It is just what they do.

LMFAO.
You're pretty good at whining yourself I must say.

I suppose it comes from reading here to often, it is possible I have been infected and may go full blown set list whiner at any moment. Lets hope they find a cure before that happens

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 22, 2015 02:00

taz22
Aquamarine

Get Off My Cloud was the opening number and Paint It Black was the third slot song at all the 2013 GRRR shows in North America.

Yes, I know they were played (though GOOMC wasn't always the opener, was it?). But not at the 2015 shows. So, warhorses or not? And if they are, I still want to hear them. My point being that there ARE people (me) who leave shows these days wanting more warhorses, if that is indeed how people are defining those songs. (I don't.)

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: June 22, 2015 02:04

Aquamarine
taz22
Aquamarine

Yes, I know they were played (though GOOMC wasn't always the opener, was it?) (I don't.)

Yes it was the opener at every regular North American tour show. The only one exception was the private club gig.

Date: June 22, 2015 02:13

Kinda making my point, would anyone complain about SFM over BS or SMU? Satisfaction for Last Time or Breakdown? GS could use a breather.......Miss You we just have to live with....lol.

Date: June 22, 2015 02:18

Thrylan
Kinda making my point, would anyone complain about SFM over BS or SMU? Satisfaction for Last Time or Breakdown? GS could use a breather.......Miss You we just have to live with....lol.
if i went to see the stones this week and they missed out BS or GS i would be gutted. 2 of there best songs. what planet you living on !!!

Date: June 22, 2015 02:27

keefriffhards
Thrylan
if i went to see the stones this week and they missed out BS or GS i would be gutted. 2 of there best songs. what planet you living on !!!

Someone gets "gutted" every show. Do you feel compromised when you watch Hampton 81' or Texas 78'? No Sympathy, no GS, plenty of songs to go around.

Date: June 22, 2015 02:31

Thrylan
keefriffhards
Thrylan

Someone gets "gutted" every show. Do you feel compromised when you watch Hampton 81' or Texas 78'? No Sympathy, no GS, plenty of songs to go around.
good point but i bet you 90 percent of the paying public would be disappointed if they dropped brown sugar or gimme shelter

Date: June 22, 2015 02:39

I bet if you dropped SFM and Monkey Man, Star Star, Heartbreaker, or Whip in they wouldn't notice. I agree there are 3-5 "must play" songs, but sometimes you don't realize boring a certain radio station is, until some one else changes the station for them.

Date: June 22, 2015 02:47

Thrylan
I bet if you dropped SFM and Monkey Man, Star Star, Heartbreaker, or Whip in they wouldn't notice. I agree there are 3-5 "must play" songs, but sometimes you don't realize boring a certain radio station is, until some one else changes the station for them.

i dont know if its just me but lately when they play some of the songs they always play, they seem new and fresh with more energy and that kind of makes it still interesting even though we heard those songs so many times. the stones know their audience, its why they are still filling stadiums in there seventies. im not cheer leading but you have to admit the energy they bring to old warhorses is surprising at their age. you say 3 to 5 must play songs , i think its more like 10 must play songs. drop doom and gloom by all means lol

Posted by: SackofBrokenEggs ()
Date: June 22, 2015 02:57

Keith, is that you?

Date: June 22, 2015 03:00

Sometimes absolutely, but over playing tends to feed the Vegas affect. I'd go for 10 no brainers and have a reasonable shot at a SFM, RO, HB, SS etc....... Maybe a SSC, LMG, Neibors, UC, HS 2 song 80's rotation......rotate a few post SW songs.

I think a lot of folks would be at home before they realized what they didn't hear. All this having been said I enjoyed attending the Pittsburgh show, warhorses and all! Incidentally, I think MR is indispensable right now.....it smokes.

Posted by: SackofBrokenEggs ()
Date: June 22, 2015 03:01

keefriffhards

im not cheer leading but you have to admit the energy they bring to old warhorses is surprising at their age.

I totally agree with that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-22 03:02 by SackofBrokenEggs.

Date: June 22, 2015 03:05

Thrylan
Sometimes absolutely, but over playing tends to feed the Vegas affect. I'd go for 10 no brainers and have a reasonable shot at a SFM, RO, HB, SS etc....... Maybe a SSC, LMG, Neibors, UC, HS 2 song 80's rotation......rotate a few post SW songs.

I think a lot of folks would be at home before they realized what they didn't hear. All this having been said I enjoyed attending the Pittsburgh show, warhorses and all! Incidentally, I think MR is indispensable right now.....it smokes.

AMEN to RAMBLER. i cant believe they are doing such a job on it without Tayor.
he raised the bar. Roonie is so good these days you just wonder where was he between 78' and this tour since 2012. maybe keith cut him some slack lol

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 950
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home