Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 23 of 28
Re: Show number 3: Brooklyn NYC Dec. 8 updates
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 10, 2012 00:37

Rolling Hansie
The Sicilian
superrevvy
bv
And I have a confession to make... At the end of the show I thought... This is the time to call it quits.

Now there's something finally we can all agree on.

My first thought on this is maybe he realizes that after all the rehearsals, two London shows and the long awaited arrival on the US shores in NY and the Stones roll out nothing but the same show with NO changes that it is getting stale and expensive even for him.

Well, your first thought is wrong. Read Bjornulf's complete review and you will understand ... maybe.

I'm thrilled you are the oracle of my mind. I disagree, with your conclusion. Do I know exactly what was running through his mind, surely no. My thoughts tell me that is where he is leaning. Learn how to analyze an entire statement not just look for what pleases you and then run with it. Your first clue is to understand that BV is a fanatic fan FIRST, and eternal optimist of the Stones. His tone changed and it was not just from some silly encounter with a dude and his girl. Had that show been mixed up with different songs you would never had read anything negative in his review, that I guarantee.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: December 10, 2012 00:52

Dreamer
bleedingman
I was very close to Keith and, to me, he looked like he was in pain a good deal of the time. He moved very stiffly and his eyes often lacked focus, not to mention fire. Ronnie often stood close to him, as if trying to get his attention and "wake him up". A few times e.g. before "Sympathy" when they were off stage, behind the drums, Keith was stooped over a table, holding and steadying himself, looking like an 80 year-old man. Then he would take a deep breath and find his way back out to the stage. His solo in "Sympathy", to my ears, was a noodle-laced, uninspired drivel of notes.

Interesting to see/hear him screw up a very, very basic lick like the "Last Time" intro, made even more so by the fact that it was Brian who played this, back in the day.

I love Keith but, based on my observations, I can't see him doing this for very much longer.

I think the late start made it difficult for the band to gain initial momentum. After the first few songs, people applauded but it died down quickly. Mick was in fine form, especially considering his age, the consumate entertainer. Having said that, I felt awkward when he would come over, encouraging us to clap in every song. Sometimes I just want to listen or watch and clapping is just not my thing. He seems to watch the audience very carefully and I felt obligated to oblige him with clapping, but my heart wasn't in it.

The acoustics from where I sat were awful, it was hard to distinguish individual bass notes, even when Darryl did the solo in miss you. The bass seemed to wash over the guitars and it was a big mush of sound for the most part.

As bv stated, the staff at Barclay's couldn't have been friendlier, which made for a relaxing and pleasant vibe. No complaints there.

Glad I went but unless they play a much smaller venue, this will be my last Stones show, and that makes me sad.

Thank you for your honest review. Also Star Focker gave a review that's not 100% positive but more or less realistic. And even bv starts expressing some carefully written doubts...
Regarding what you observed concerning Keith I wonder how long it will take the people who usually bash at others for just being realistic to start whining that you are not a doctor...
I said here before that his condition is not so good but he surprised me the way he played in London. They all did. Some of it was very good. YCAGWYW gave me chicken skin. And it's always great to see them in action.
I understand this was not such a good show.
What worries me more is the lack of enthusiasm certain people on stage have for each other. When I look back at the shows and study all the footage I don't really like the atmosphere of how Keith is ignoring others and others ignore him.
Are there people who have examples of a warm and friendly atmosphere on stage?
You know...like there's playing a band??

I'm very interested in how KR & MJ wil interact at Letterman...

There was lots of hugging and smiling on stage at the London and NY shows I attended. Who the f cares? Keith wasn't ignoring anyone.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: December 10, 2012 00:58

The Sicilian
Rolling Hansie
The Sicilian
superrevvy
bv
And I have a confession to make... At the end of the show I thought... This is the time to call it quits.

My first thought on this is maybe he realizes that after all the rehearsals, two London shows and the long awaited arrival on the US shores in NY and the Stones roll out nothing but the same show with NO changes that it is getting stale and expensive even for him.

Well, your first thought is wrong. Read Bjornulf's complete review and you will understand ... maybe.

I'm thrilled you are the oracle of my mind. I disagree, with your conclusion. Do I know exactly what was running through his mind, surely no. My thoughts tell me that is where he is leaning. Learn how to analyze an entire statement not just look for what pleases you and then run with it. Your first clue is to understand that BV is a fanatic fan FIRST, and eternal optimist of the Stones. His tone changed and it was not just from some silly encounter with a dude and his girl. Had that show been mixed up with different songs you would never had read anything negative in his review, that I guarantee.

So you rip this guy for not knowing what is in your mind and then proceed to a psychoanalysis of BV, complete with your guarantee that it is correct. Could you be more hypocritical, or more of a fool? What BS, top to bottom.

Posted by: SweetVirginia ()
Date: December 10, 2012 01:11

It was a great show, but not quite as good as the London shows.
Mick T was missed!

Here are some pics I took:

Date: December 10, 2012 01:12

Look Rokyfan you child, get back into your bedroom and play with your Wii.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 10, 2012 01:18

This is one of the (if not the) most whiney crybaby threads of all time here on IORR. If people are done with The Stones THEN THEY SHOULD QUIT WATCHING!!! QUIT PAYING ATTENTION! QUIT POSTING ABOUT THEM.

You are Pissed off tickets are too much? REALLY? YOU DONT THINK WE FKG HEARD YOU THE FIRST 2000 TIMES YOU SAID IT? WE DID! You hate the set list, and didnt even go? PLEASE STFU!! It is just music... just a band... if it makes you mad... THEN QUIT LOOKING! IF YOU WANT THE STONES TO QUIT? THEN IT IS TIME THAT YOU QUIT!!! IF YOU HATE THEM SO MUCH, THEN STOP HANGING AROUND HERE WHINING ABOUT IT, IT WOULD SOLVE YOUR STONES ISSUES.

Date: December 10, 2012 01:22

99,9% of the whiners weren´t even there...

Posted by: llargueras ()
Date: December 10, 2012 01:22

I'm sorry guys but it seems that when one of us disagree something about the Stones, dislike a comment, is disappointed with ticket prices or identical setlist night after night, automatically someone considers him as an "outlaw".
Of course that one comment can't please everybody, but it's not the end of the world that everyone sees things from his own point of view,

I'm pretty sure that everyone of all the iorrians love the Stones, but from my experience, it's a pity that young generations consider the Stones like a "five hits wonders band" always playing the same songs.

It's just a question to consider the benifits to hear for example "Lady Jane" the other night in London after... an eternity and not one of the 15 or 16 fix songs that all we have in our minds. That's one of the reasons I love so much the Stripped album. None of the 14 songs were heard in London or Brooklyn.

Anyway, keep on rockin'

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: December 10, 2012 01:26

What night are they on Letterman?

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: December 10, 2012 01:29

This is one of the (if not the) most whiney crybaby threads of all time here on IORR. If people are NOT done with The Stones THEN THEY SHOULD CONTINUE TO WATCH THEM!!! KEEP PAYING ATTENTION!

You are Pissed off tickets are too cheap? REALLY? YOU DONT THINK WE FKG HEARD YOU THE FIRST 2000 TIMES YOU SAID IT? WE DID! You love the set list, and did even go? PLEASE STFU!! It is just music... just a band... if it JUST makes you HAPPY... THEN QUIT WHINING! IF YOU WANT THE STONES TO CONTINUE UNTIL THEY ARE 79? THEN IT IS TIME THAT YOU SHOULD WORK UNTIL 79 AS WELL!!! IF YOU LOVE THEM SO MUCH, THEN STOP HANGING AROUND HERE WHINING ABOUT IT, IT WOULD SOLVE YOUR STONES ISSUES.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-10 01:32 by Dreamer.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: December 10, 2012 01:33

99,9% of the Stones fans weren´t even there...

Date: December 10, 2012 01:34

Sounds like we have some angry housewives on here.

Date: December 10, 2012 01:37

Dreamer
99,9% of the Stones fans weren´t even there...

eye rolling smiley You can do better than that, right winking smiley

Date: December 10, 2012 01:41

Dreamer
This is one of the (if not the) most whiney crybaby threads of all time here on IORR. If people are NOT done with The Stones THEN THEY SHOULD CONTINUE TO WATCH THEM!!! KEEP PAYING ATTENTION!

You are Pissed off tickets are too cheap? REALLY? YOU DONT THINK WE FKG HEARD YOU THE FIRST 2000 TIMES YOU SAID IT? WE DID! You love the set list, and did even go? PLEASE STFU!! It is just music... just a band... if it JUST makes you HAPPY... THEN QUIT WHINING! IF YOU WANT THE STONES TO CONTINUE UNTIL THEY ARE 79? THEN IT IS TIME THAT YOU SHOULD WORK UNTIL 79 AS WELL!!! IF YOU LOVE THEM SO MUCH, THEN STOP HANGING AROUND HERE WHINING ABOUT IT, IT WOULD SOLVE YOUR STONES ISSUES.

and this makes sense in what way?

Oooooh it is just meant as drivel?... Ok then.

Date: December 10, 2012 01:43

IF YOU WANT THE STONES TO CONTINUE UNTIL THEY ARE 79? THEN IT IS TIME THAT YOU SHOULD WORK UNTIL 79 AS WELL!!!

Anyone who thinks playing music in a band is work, has never done REAL WORK.

I understand it is not easy.. but it aint W O R K

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-10 01:43 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 10, 2012 01:49

The Sicilian
Look Rokyfan you child, get back into your bedroom and play with your Wii.

The Sicilian
Sounds like we have some angry housewives on here.

Now, there must be something funny here eh ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: December 10, 2012 01:56

The Sicilian
Rolling Hansie
The Sicilian
superrevvy
bv

And all I posted was "Well, your first thought is wrong. Read Bjornulf's complete review and you will understand ... maybe."

-------------------

Re: Who Is Going To Brooklyn?
Posted by: rooster ()
Date: December 10, 2012 01:56

CindyC
I'll be there trying to get myself a ticket as well.
iM IN BIG TROUBLE BUT I KEEP FOCUSSED ON MY GOAL...im in amsterdam right now....i need advice!!! i want to see the 12th and 13th dec shows...i have to borrow money for the plane ticket and hotel....please help me with advice tx

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 10, 2012 01:59

@SweetVirginia - super pics, thanks, where were you located? In the back of the pit? Looks like you were able to get a DSLR in? Wish I'd done that in London or at least my little 3D1 camera instead of my Sony HX5...

I would certainly have been pretty bummed not to see Mick Taylor in action...

Date: December 10, 2012 02:01

Max'sKansasCity
This is one of the (if not the) most whiney crybaby threads of all time here on IORR. If people are done with The Stones THEN THEY SHOULD QUIT WATCHING!!! QUIT PAYING ATTENTION! QUIT POSTING ABOUT THEM.

You are Pissed off tickets are too much? REALLY? YOU DONT THINK WE FKG HEARD YOU THE FIRST 2000 TIMES YOU SAID IT? WE DID! You hate the set list, and didnt even go? PLEASE STFU!! It is just music... just a band... if it makes you mad... THEN QUIT LOOKING! IF YOU WANT THE STONES TO QUIT? THEN IT IS TIME THAT YOU QUIT!!! IF YOU HATE THEM SO MUCH, THEN STOP HANGING AROUND HERE WHINING ABOUT IT, IT WOULD SOLVE YOUR STONES ISSUES.

OK Max, now you've got that off your chest, you're feeling better now ?
Cheers smileys with beer mate

-------------------

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: December 10, 2012 02:02

stones as band do what is good for for band,fans will come and go, to stay in business for 50 years is not easy we all like different set list but that is dream,when i go and see live concert i enjoy what i am given and make my on play list from the stones collection to what i want hear may not be live at the end of the day will have stones cds to enjoy and live concerts memories of the band who were best at what they did,enjoy while you can.LIFE IS SHORT.
STONES ARE WAY OF LIFE.GET STONED WITH MUSIC.

Date: December 10, 2012 02:02

Great pictures SweetVirginia. Thanks for posting

-------------------

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: December 10, 2012 02:05

SweetVirginia
It was a great show, but not quite as good as the London shows.
Mick T was missed!
Hey Sweet Virginia, remember me, how's tricks?
Glad to read this...sounds like the gig I attended (Thursday at the O2) was the pick of the bunch so far.
I seem to recall from our chat at the Pilot Inn that you're also lined up for Newark...let us know how that goes!

Lee

Date: December 10, 2012 02:12

No offense Hansie, just engaging you in some ideological banter. Until some rogue hobbit wandered in and tried to instigate and argument.

As for Max, he is just pissed because the Chiefs got waxed by the Browns.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: December 10, 2012 02:13

Max'sKansasCity
IF YOU WANT THE STONES TO CONTINUE UNTIL THEY ARE 79? THEN IT IS TIME THAT YOU SHOULD WORK UNTIL 79 AS WELL!!!

Anyone who thinks playing music in a band is work, has never done REAL WORK.

I understand it is not easy.. but it aint W O R K

"Now look at them yo-yo's, that's the way you do it...."

Date: December 10, 2012 02:20

.... and chicks for free...

Posted by: SweetVirginia ()
Date: December 10, 2012 02:20

Hi Lee! Yes, I'll be going to the Newark shows as well and to the 12-12-12 Concert. I'll be the girl reporter on the scene and post some photos afterward.

I have seen all three of the 50 And Counting shows and that Thursday London show was the best of the three. You picked a good night!

Date: December 10, 2012 02:23

Rolling Hansie
Max'sKansasCity

OK Max, now you've got that off your chest, you're feeling better now ?
Cheers smileys with beer mate

Not really, it would be nice to read a thread without the same old same old same old same old whining and crying and hoping and wishing and praying that the Stones would quit.... If people hate them so much and want them to quit... then those people should quit the Stones.... and quit whining about them.

But Cheers to you Hans HAPPY STONES SEASON! smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-10 02:27 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: December 10, 2012 02:24

The Sicilian
No offense Hansie, just engaging you in some ideological banter. Until some rogue hobbit wandered in and tried to instigate and argument.

As for Max, he is just pissed because the Chiefs got waxed by the Browns.

oh yeah that is it... becasue I have been so rooting loudly them this season when they have looked so great.... and then today didnt... yeah that is it.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: December 10, 2012 02:40

The Rolling bones
Jurassic rockers deliver satisfaction at Barclays
By HARDEEP PHULL
Last Updated: 10:10 AM, December 9, 2012
Posted: 1:52 AM, December 9, 2012
You can’t always get what you want — but the Rolling Stones showed last night that they still had what they needed to thrill a screaming crowd.

The wrinkly rockers found a fountain of youth springing from the stage at the Barclays Center, where they played a sold-out mega concert that hit the crowd of 18,000 like a crossfire-hurricane.

Although most of his peers are worried about hip-breaking — the timeless, 69-year-old Mick Jagger opened the show with a red-hot rendition of “Get Off My Cloud” that was positively hip-shaking.

Behind him, guitarists Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood stood side by side, soaking up the screaming crowd. At the back, Charlie Watts played the drums with that familiar nonchalance that has long made him the coolest Stone.

Ronald AsadorianAFTER 50 YEARS, STILL NO MOSS: The Rolling Stones, all pushing or past 70, had enough Geritol in their systems last night to make one wonder if the ambulance (right) outside the Barclays Center was standing by for one of them or someone in the sellout crowd of 18,000.The group may have looked older than a meeting of the Supreme Court — but they were able to summon the ghosts of sex, drugs and rock ’n’ roll past.

There were a few, creaky, Metamucil moments at the start, such as when Jagger tried his hand at comedy.

“We came here by the subway,” explained Jagger. “I sat next to this really nice bloke who didn’t have a clue who I was . . . it turned out to be Jay-Z.”

After name-checking the Barclays Centers’ master of the house, the Stones appropriately laid into their iconic classic “Gimme Shelter,” which benefitted hugely from the addition of Mary J. Blige as guest vocalist.

Both she and Jagger combined to lift the sexual tension to staggeringly exciting levels.

Sadly, like grandpa at Christmas dinner, the Stones couldn’t quite keep up the pace through the latter courses.

New songs “One More Shot” and the riotously fun “Doom And Gloom” were used as bathroom breaks by many in the crowd.

By the time the leathery Richards took center stage to perform lead vocals on “Happy” and “Before They Make Me Run,” the show seemed to be going flaccid in more ways than one.

But, before the Stone’s old bones totally turned to dust, the show seemed to be hit with a sudden shot of Viagra, especially when they started laying into classics such as “Midnight Rambler” and “Start Me Up.”

On the former, Richards and Wood trade solos like delta blues brothers with Jagger howling up an evil storm whenever he could get a word (or a sound) in edge ways.

“Sympathy For The Devil” captured the band in their full satanic swing, before Jagger turned preacher man for a gospel choir aided “You Can’t Always Get What You Want.”

And if there’s a better one-two punch than “Jumpin’ Jack Flash” followed by “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction,” then it doesn’t exist in this world.

“Are you having a good time now?” asked Jagger as the show sped towards its conclusion.

It took us a little while, Mick. But yeah, we got there in the end.

[www.nypost.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 23 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2225
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home