Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 28
Re: Show number 3: Brooklyn NYC Dec. 8 updates
Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: December 9, 2012 11:54

Several nice Videos in this link!

[www.billboard.com]#

I really wish I could go to these shows...... argh.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 9, 2012 12:56

TE
Max'sKansasCity
Stones rock....

I never understood the set list concerns... as long as it is/was Stones songs.

ps
Actually the only time I cared about set lists was hoping (for 4 shows in a row) for Sway on the BB tour... and not getting it... but then finally on the fifth and last show, for me, they played it.... it was cool.

I was waiting for a song during BB too. Came to the Paris show. Stadt de France (spell). Got first row next to a German friend (Hi Roland). He managed to read the setlist while the girl was typing it on the plexi...
He suddenly said "Oh my". I said "what what what". Him: Wanna know what we get tonight? 10 people around him said NO. I said, well. He whispered to me, and I almost fainted. One hour later we got SHE WAS HOT. Probably saved me from a hearth attack knowing it was coming.
Thanks everybody for updating us!

And G I hope for CYHMK in Newark...

TE
Oslo

Awesome... I d love to about CYHMK....
I thought it was a highlight of the Licks tour. Have fun at the show.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 9, 2012 13:38

tumbled
Several nice Videos in this link!

[www.billboard.com]#

I really wish I could go to these shows...... argh.

Good review too, now I'd like to see a video of Gary playing (and singing apparently ?) the blues with the boys!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 9, 2012 13:46

Thanks guys and dolls for all the updates. Really appreciated

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: December 9, 2012 14:05

stonesnow
kowalski
Max'sKansasCity
Stones rock....

I never understood the set list concerns... as long as it is/was Stones songs.

ps
Actually the only time I cared about set lists was hoping (for 4 shows in a row) for Sway on the BB tour... and not getting it... but then finally on the fifth and last show, for me, they played it.... it was cool.

Well said. From ohotos messages it seems to have been a great concert. Can't wait to see the first videos showing up on youtube.

This is all that's up so far.

Sounds terrible; like he's raping her or something.

Posted by: llargueras ()
Date: December 9, 2012 14:24

Thank you guys for your post, photos and videos. Good job.
Just a reflexion...after the two O2 shows and yesterday Barclays' one, I've no doubt about the next set-lists for the two Newark shows, plus the expected world tour 2013. Here it's:
1. Get Off Of My Cloud
2. I Wanna Be Your Man
4. Paint It Black
5. Gimme Shelter
9. Miss You
10. One More Shot
11. Doom And Gloom
12. It's Only Rock'n Roll
13. Honky Tonk Women
--- Band presentations
14. Before They Make Me Run (Keith)
15. Happy (Keith)
16. Midnight Rambler
17. Start Me Up
18. Tumbling Dice
19. Brown Sugar
20. Sympathy For The Devil
--- Band off stage
21. You Can't Always Get What You Want
22. Jumping Jack Flash
23. Satisfaction
Ladies and gentlemen...What you see is what you get.

Posted by: Cineplexed ()
Date: December 9, 2012 15:08

Here's a few things that made the brooklyn show great for me:

-- Keith playing real rhythm guitar again without all the dopey posing. He actually played the full intro to BS. When was the last tour he did that? And he sounded absolutely fantastic on Rambler...IORR...GS etc.

I wanted to cry.

-- the guitars sounded really loud and meaty. Stones records always put the guitars way up front. Stones tours tend to put Mick up front. last might it felt a little more like the blistering balance on the records.

-- I complained loudly about guests but I really enjoyed going down with g Clark. It kicked ass. Better than the videos I saw of ec or beck. And both Ronnie and Keith's leads were great. I like when I am happily wrong about something. Though I thought Lisa fisher would have kicked Mary Jo's ass on gS.

-- all in all one of the best (not on paper but in show) set lists I've seen over 20 shows. It just kept moving no real lulls. Though personally I am sick of TD in concert and think they should drop sympathy as a closer. Bs was the closer.

However, I did feel a real twinge of sadness during this show. It will probably be my last. At least at these prices. And that would be a big life chapter coming to a close. And I felt a weariness from the band. They may have played their hearts out...but they felt a bit tired at moments.

Or maybe it was me....

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 9, 2012 15:50

Thank you so much to everyone who has posted reviews, set lists, videos, and pictures. Can't wait to see more today as people rouse themselves from what sounds like a truly wonderful night with the Stones.

Posted by: JoT839 ()
Date: December 9, 2012 15:52

Wow, awesome night!

Being in the pit was overwhelming, so much
to take in, to hear Keith loud guitar straight from
his amps, to hear Mick sing up close up (over the mic!)
was nuts...

Anyone who has a pit ticket for Newark is in for treat!

Jot839

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: December 9, 2012 15:53

was mick taylor there last night.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 9, 2012 16:03

I don't want to compare shows. It is not fair. Not to the Stones. Not to those who are there. Some times the crowd and the band are in sync. Other times they are not. You do not rate your wife or your children based on their performance day by day, but you just love them, and respect them. Just like the Stones. For me.

I could write up a long list of issues and problems. Like the guy that arrived next to me with his "girl friend" and wanted me to leave my spot in favour of his "girl friend". He ruined most of "The Last Time", called me a looser and all other sorts of low live callings, and then I left for another spot, like I always do when there is a person that do not respect others at shows. I could have written a pissed off review and stated that Americans are rude and do not treat their guests well. But I do have manners, and in fact it is the opposite.

The Barclays Center hosts must be the most friendly hosts I have been to ever, as concert hosts. The venue openen in SAeptember this year, and it must be well done management and very nice place to work, because wherever I went, and I walk all over the place for more than an hour looking for frends, they were all nice. They asken me how I was, they smiled, they were genuinly intersted in talking to me, which is in fact something special with americans, they care, more so that my own countrymen and women.

Sure London-2 was best for me. Lady Jane may be. Mick Taylor worked better that night. May be. We got rid of Jeff Beck, who was a pain for me, we got Eric Clapton, who was so nice and great, we got Florence on GS, whom I liked so much I can ot say it, hope they fly her in for the Newark shows, and so on and so on. But are all these "likes" of mine interesting really? May be, may be not. I do know that others have other preferences. Some keep their eyers on Keith from show start to show finish. Others on Mick, or Ron, some probably on Lisa, and others on Charlie, Chuck or Bernard. Or may be Bobby, Tim or Darryl. How do I know? Some like the mother, others the daughter or even the son.

Talking about Darryl. His Miss You solo must have been the best one of them all last night. He impressed me. I though, this could never bee Bill doing it. He impressed the crowd. They liked it. Ronnie and Keith stood their impressed and listened, they stared at Darryl with smiles as he was doing the final exam, and did it in a brilliant way.

Mick was outstanding on Midnight Rambler. If I can do that at age 69 well then I might live until I get 100. The whole Rambler was just beautiful to me. I think that was when I noticed that everyone around me just smiled and smiled. I had moved to the very front and were surrounded by smiles.

Sure they had glitches and mess up at times. Mich said tey would do a blues but Ronnie said no-no-no, while Clark Jr surely could be there in the dark behind Ronnie, waiting for them to begind and get his spotlight turned on for "Going Down". But for some reason Ronnie thought Mick mesed up the set list, he did that a few times with or without purpose, but does it matter. No. That'æs what makes the Stones human. Otherwise they would be too perfect. If you want perfect music then buy a record.

Keith did something unusual. He was less shy and less nervous than usually when he hit the stage. After B4 he said ... eh.... "Happy Holidays to you all... I though it is still 2 1/2 weeks until Christmas, and I will see them two times more before that, but then he said... this one is called "Happy" so I realized he got a point.

Before the show I got to talk to one of the many friendly ushers i.e. the people in charge of crowd security from the venue. Then during the show he came over and he was shaking with emotions, just like he wanted to say we had a great time together. That was the whole feeling of all the people in the venue. The most friendly show I have been to, may be, and I have been to many hundred with the Stones.

So that is why this one might be the best one, friendly wise, while the London-2 show might have been the musically superior, and the Trabendo the emotionally superior, and the rehearsals visit with the 31 other friends and fans my eternal memory as a fan.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-09 16:30 by bv.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 9, 2012 16:09

Great thoughts Bjornulf, great words, thank you.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 9, 2012 16:14

Thank you BV for that thoughtful review. Your kind words say as much about who you are as they do about the people you encountered. Your a true mensch, BV. smiling smiley

Posted by: Cineplexed ()
Date: December 9, 2012 16:17

No Mick Taylor last night (a let down for sure). But Rambler was still great.

Posted by: RockinBud ()
Date: December 9, 2012 16:25

Superb. Great buildup. Strong from the moment they hit the stage and kept getting stronger like a heavyweight champ getting more powerful every round so that by the end of the set there is absolurtly no doubt as to the eternal power of this group of musicians ,their body of work which continues to pass the test of time and what they have given to all of us and to the world. A brilliant show IMO superior to their previous version with a strpped down horn & backup section.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 9, 2012 16:32

llargueras

13. Honky Tonk Women
--- Band presentations
15. Happy (Keith)
16. Midnight Rambler
17. Start Me Up
18. Tumbling Dice
19. Brown Sugar
--- Band off stage
22. Jumping Jack Flash
23. Satisfaction

They should rework that part of the setlist other wise... zzzzzzzzzzzz!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 9, 2012 16:43

Thanks for that BV, I understand it would be difficult to rate but it sounds as though the overall high point so far has been the second London show.

I can't imagine that Branson hasn't allowed in the contract, for the packaging of this 50th Anniversary 'mini tour' as some sort of DVD/Blu Ray box set.

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: December 9, 2012 16:58

dcba
llargueras

13. Honky Tonk Women
--- Band presentations
15. Happy (Keith)
16. Midnight Rambler
17. Start Me Up
18. Tumbling Dice
19. Brown Sugar
--- Band off stage
22. Jumping Jack Flash
23. Satisfaction

Done!

13. Honky Tonk Women
--- Band presentations
15. Happy (Keith)
16. Midnight Rambler
17. Start Me Up
18. Tumbling Dice
19. Sympathy For The Devil
20. Brown Sugar

--- Band off stage
22. Jumping Jack Flash
23. Satisfaction

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: December 9, 2012 17:02

Cineplexed

-- Keith playing real rhythm guitar again without all the dopey posing. He actually played the full intro to BS. When was the last tour he did that? And he sounded absolutely fantastic on Rambler...IORR...GS etc.

I wanted to cry.

-- the guitars sounded really loud and meaty. Stones records always put the guitars way up front. Stones tours tend to put Mick up front. last might it felt a little more like the blistering balance on the records.

-- I complained loudly about guests but I really enjoyed going down with g Clark. It kicked ass. Better than the videos I saw of ec or beck. And both Ronnie and Keith's leads were great. I like when I am happily wrong about something. Though I thought Lisa fisher would have kicked Mary Jo's ass on gS.

-- all in all one of the best (not on paper but in show) set lists I've seen over 20 shows. It just kept moving no real lulls. Though personally I am sick of TD in concert and think they should drop sympathy as a closer. Bs was the closer.

However, I did feel a real twinge of sadness during this show. It will probably be my last. At least at these prices. And that would be a big life chapter coming to a close. And I felt a weariness from the band. They may have played their hearts out...but they felt a bit tired at moments.

Or maybe it was me....

50+ times hearing Brown Sugar for me and lst night was probably the first time I've heard keith do it perfectly like that. Plus, no vamping horn section. Midnight Rambler burned, better I think without Taylor. But Mary J. was weak on GS. I'd rather see Lisa also. You are pretty much spot on. For those who weren't at the show, the set list may have been unexciting. To those who were actually there and experienced the music, it was a night of looking at and listening to keith richards and thinking, you did it, man, you came back from whatever and proved the @#$%& wrong. Not on paper. In the room.

Posted by: NedKelly ()
Date: December 9, 2012 17:06

dcba
llargueras

13. Honky Tonk Women
--- Band presentations
15. Happy (Keith)
16. Midnight Rambler
17. Start Me Up
18. Tumbling Dice
19. Brown Sugar
--- Band off stage
22. Jumping Jack Flash
23. Satisfaction

Did you see the show and hear the songs? If not, do your zzzzzzzzing, because they were fantastic!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 9, 2012 17:12

bv, thanks soooo much for your musical review and your friendliness review too.
I do think your preferences make sense to many of us. From what I can gather, Florence is the one I'd love to see on GS, for example.

Looking forward to meeting you in Newark. Hope you wear that blue tongue/Buenos Aires shirt...okay, I
won't try to buy it off you. cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 9, 2012 17:22

what's the ratio of valid reviews for people who were there versus those who weren't? 1:3? that sound about right?

Posted by: TE ()
Date: December 9, 2012 17:24

Rokyfan
Cineplexed

I wanted to cry.

Or maybe it was me....

50+ times hearing Brown Sugar for me and lst night was probably the first time I've heard keith do it perfectly like that. Plus, no vamping horn section. Midnight Rambler burned, better I think without Taylor. But Mary J. was weak on GS. I'd rather see Lisa also. You are pretty much spot on. For those who weren't at the show, the set list may have been unexciting. To those who were actually there and experienced the music, it was a night of looking at and listening to keith richards and thinking, you did it, man, you came back from whatever and proved the @#$%& wrong. Not on paper. In the room.

Please bring back Lisa at least for the 15th! Payback etc. They can get other friends having fun the rest of the night! Blige is great, GS is Lisa!

TE
Oslo

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: December 9, 2012 17:26

Seems like A Bigger Grr tour - a continuation of what they were doing in 2005-2007

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 9, 2012 17:31

Send It To me
Seems like A Bigger Grr tour - a continuation of what they were doing in 2005-2007

that's too ehard to pronounce...can't we just call it the Biggr tour and be done with it?

Date: December 9, 2012 17:33

Thanks BV great words and great job since 1980.

Posted by: rbarnes00 ()
Date: December 9, 2012 17:37

Date: December 9, 2012 17:40

Did you see the show and hear the songs? If not, do your zzzzzzzzing, because they were fantastic!

Do you know how many times I heard Brown Sugar live? and Jumping Jack Flash? For a lot of Iorrians the last gig is always the best... I'm sorry but my first Midnight Rambler in Barcelona 76, is the best I ever heard and I'm f***ing dissapointed to know the song will appear after the other. Do you know the meaning of "surprise" word?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-09 17:43 by llargueras.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 9, 2012 17:44

For the people who were not there the "warhorses" were played with a renewed vigor. Keith is back he has surprised the hell out of me!! His playing on Brown Sugar and Midnight Rambler were the best I've heard at a live show and I've been going since 1981. The show was fantastic. A great time. I'd like to hear some rarities as well but with five shows they are going to play the songs that made them famous. I am not complaining,

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: December 9, 2012 17:46

StonesTod
Send It To me

that's too ehard to pronounce...can't we just call it the Biggr tour and be done with it?

I like that - you just need an extra r, biggrr

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2059
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home