Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 28
Re: Show number 3: Brooklyn NYC Dec. 8 updates
Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: December 9, 2012 07:48

fleabitmonkey

Great shot fleabitmonkey!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-09 07:49 by kowalski.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 9, 2012 08:00

The ticket said show start 8pm. They were on at 8:45... The 45 minutes waiting time felt like forever. I do not understand why I do always get nervous when we get closer to show time. It happens every time.

Great to meet up all the nice friends and fans from the States and Canada, it was about time, after the great London shows, mostly for the European fans.

Many fans liked my jacket and T-shirt for a change. One girt front row actually wanted to buy the shirt off me right there and then, any price, but my precious 06 Buenos Aires blue tongue T-shirt with the Argentina football colors is one of my most precious shirts, she did not know that. And I don't really wear Stones shirts, only London-2 and now Brooklyn. Probably Newark too.

People buying beers asked who was the warmup. It was a quarter to eight and the catering areas were packed. Only half of the tongue pit ws there. The VIP's were still queuing for wristbands. I told them there is no warmup, and the show will be on soon. And I went in to be ready...

After two times in London it is hard to say anything about these shows. They are just great. Wild Horses was perfect. In London it did not have the same flow. All Down The Line had guitar problems Ronnie I think and Mick was not happy with that. Keith did not borher about any technical details. He played even better than in London, more relaxed, no posing, just walked up frequently and played his best riffs and I realized my eyes were fixed on Keith every time he walked up. The wizzard of the razorblade riff. Sympathy For The Devil. All Keith.

Mick was singing his voice off and danced more than he use to do, he just wanted Brooklyn and NYC to get a great show. The NYC crowd was a bit slow, I was expecting more noise actually.

Satisfaction. I was in the front when they did it, I had moved up and wanted to follow Keith close. I was sad about London-1 because I realized those who went to that show did not get one of the best songs of the show. It was like the dessert after a great meal. No Mick Taylor. No Bill Wyman. May be in Newark. Who knows.

And I have a confession to make... At the end of the show I though... This is the time to call it quits. They can't do it any better. After these five shows they simply can't get any better. So let us wrap it up and kiss the band goodbye, before they get slow and geriatric. Well shame on me. Then I thought about all the fans in the rest of the world. Most fans can not travel. So I hope they do a few more shows, not many. Not for those who want a show for ten dollars. Then buy a CD or see the broadcast. This is not the budget Stones. This is a gigantic production and it needs to be exclusive. It is quality from the moment you walk in the door until you are out after the show. With a crowd of 20,000 max. So do it in a few more cities next year, please!

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-09 15:24 by bv.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: December 9, 2012 08:01

kowalski

Great shot fleabitmonkey!

Yeah - no shit - this is a fantastic shot! fleabitmonkey - how should I credit you if I post this on Facebook?

thanks for sharing!!
swiss

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: December 9, 2012 08:10

I just posted my tongue pit shot HTW video on YouTube. Says "Processing" user is dgdamore. I'll have a link momentarily hopefully.

Posted by: fleabitmonkey ()
Date: December 9, 2012 08:11

Thanks, I just started looking at my images. I've got about 1,200 frames to go through so more to come.I just wanted to get a couple up tonight. Credit: Bob Buckley

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: December 9, 2012 08:13

This was so great to hear about. The pictures were amazing. As the old Bell telephone ads used to say...It's the next best thing to being there.

Thanks again you all. You're the best part of the Stones - the fans.

XOXO

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 9, 2012 08:16

Thanks for your heartfelt review, BV. It made up for all the whiney jackasses that felt they had to crowbar their way into this thread and spoil it for people who just wanted to know about the concert. Not how much it cost. Not who wasn't there. Not to go back and forth and call other people names. Just the concert. Thank you.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: December 9, 2012 08:18

jazzbass video :

-
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 9, 2012 08:29

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-09 08:30 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: December 9, 2012 08:34

thanks for the review, BV! i would've been cheering loud if i was there...hope to see you in newark!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 9, 2012 08:37

bv
The 45 minutes waiting time felt like forever. I do not understand why I do always get nervous when we get closer to show time. It happens every time.

Great to meet up all the nice friends and fans from the States and Canada, it was about time, after the great London shows, mostly for the European fans.

Many fans liked my jacket and T-shirt for a change. One girt front row actually wanted to buy the shirt off me right there and then, any price, but my precious 06 Buenos Aires blue tongue T-shirt with the Argentina football colors is one of my most precious shirts, she did not know that. And I don't really wear Stones shirts, only London-2 and now Brooklyn. Probably Newark too.

People buying beers asked who was the warmup. It was a quarter to eight and the catering areas were packed. Only half of the tongue pit ws there. The VIP's were still queuing for wristbands. I told them there is no warmup, and the show will be on soon. And I went in to be ready...

After two times in London it is hard to say anything about these shows. They are just great. Wild Horses was perfect. In London it did not have the same flow. All Down The Line had guitar problems Ronnie I think and Mick was not happy with that. Keith did not borher about any technical details. He played even better than in London, more relaxed, no posing, just walked up frequently and played his best riffs and I realized my eyes were fixed on Keith every time he walked up. The wizzard of the razorblade riff. Sympathy For The Devil. All Keith.

Mick was singing his voice off and danced more than he use to do, he just wanted Brooklyn and NYC to get a great show. The NYC crowd was a bit slow, I was expecting more noise actually.

Satisfaction. I was in the front when they did it, I had moved up and wanted to follow Keith close. I was sad about London-1 because I realized those who went to that show did not get one of the best songs of the show. It was like the dessert after a great meal. No Mick Taylor. No Bill Wyman. May be in Newark. Who knows.

And I have a confession to make... At the end of the show I though... This is the time to call it quits. They can't do it any better. After these five shows they simply can't get any better. So let us wrap it up and kiss the band goodbye, before they get slow and geriatric. Well shame on me. Then I thought about all the fans in the rest of the world. Most fans can not travel. So I hope they do a few more shows, not many. Not for those who want a show for ten dollars. Then buy a CD or see the broadcast. This is not the budget Stones. This is a gigantic production and it needs to be exclusive. It is quality from the moment you walk in the door until you are out after the show. With a crowd of 20,000 max. So do it in a few more cities next year, please!

If you can be objective about it, which was the best show so far, from the standpoint of performance? From your description, I suspect that Brooklyn was not as good as the London shows, but perhaps because you're emotions are a bit more controlled, we're not getting the true picture.

Are they getting better with each show?

Date: December 9, 2012 08:49

treaclefingers
bv
The 45 minutes waiting time felt like forever. I do not understand why I do always get nervous when we get closer to show time. It happens every time.

Many fans liked my jacket and T-shirt for a change. One girt front row actually wanted to buy the shirt off me right there and then, any price, but my precious 06 Buenos Aires blue tongue T-shirt with the Argentina football colors is one of my most precious shirts, she did not know that. And I don't really wear Stones shirts, only London-2 and now Brooklyn. Probably Newark too. I'll have more videos to post tomorrow. Painfully slow wifi here at the hotel and I'm about to pass out.

If you can be objective about it, which was the best show so far, from the standpoint of performance? From your description, I suspect that Brooklyn was not as good as the London shows, but perhaps because you're emotions are a bit more controlled, we're not getting the true picture.

Are they getting better with each show?

I'd have to say 11/29 was the best show so far. I didn't attend the 11/25 show so I Can not comment on that, but general consensus is 11/29 was the better of the London shows. Tonight was close but not quite as tight as they were 11/29. Keith false started The Last Time and Mary J. Butchered Gimme Shelter IMO, starting her vocal solo over the guitar solo and aborting at Mick's protest. Gary Clarke was impressive. Keith warmed up as the show progressed, although his vocals weren't as crisp oh his songs as they were in London.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-09 08:51 by jazzbass.

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: December 9, 2012 08:52

bv
And I have a confession to make... At the end of the show I thought... This is the time to call it quits.

Now there's something finally we can all agree on.

Date: December 9, 2012 08:54

kowalski
jazzbass video :

Thanks for posting, the wifi is brutal here at the hotel. I'll have more videos to post tomorrow. Time for me to pass out. One last thing, if it hasn't been mentioned yet, the rumor mill in the pit tonight said Springsteen to guest next Saturday night.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-09 08:56 by jazzbass.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: December 9, 2012 09:16

fleabitmonkey

IF THEY DON"T ROCK YOU NOBODY WILL!!!!! Awesome show tonight

Beautiful pics...Thanks

Date: December 9, 2012 09:23

fleabitmonkey
Thanks, I just started looking at my images. I've got about 1,200 frames to go through so more to come.I just wanted to get a couple up tonight. Credit: Bob Buckley

Thank you - will credit thus.

Just gorgeous, fleabitmonkey - you obviously have a brilliant eye (and a not-bad camera) grinning smiley

best
swiss

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: December 9, 2012 09:46

i agreee hbwriter

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: December 9, 2012 10:03

Can't wait for Newark. Hey BV, is there a place to meet up near the Prudential. I'm staying four blocks away....

smiling smiley

Date: December 9, 2012 10:06

bv

aww...what an awesome review, BV! gosh, I hope hope hope I get to see them on the west coast! Glad for all of you who have seen them so far.

best
swiss

Date: December 9, 2012 10:08

hbwriter
i don't get the "expensive stage" shtick - it looks nice - but a bit flimsy - nothing really that special - it's all about the music, which is awesome - but the staging breaks no new ground and should not be floated as an excuse to make money - they'd be better off just saying 'look, we want to make a lot of money - we're the goddamned rolling stones and we don't come cheap' - i'd respect that more, oddly

hbw - of course you'd respect that more - it's honest! and we're boys n girls now and can handle the truth winking smiley

I would hope they tone down the tkt prices a bit if they extend the tour

- swiss

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: December 9, 2012 10:19

24FPS
Thanks for your heartfelt review, BV. It made up for all the whiney jackasses that felt they had to crowbar their way into this thread and spoil it for people who just wanted to know about the concert. Not how much it cost. Not who wasn't there. Not to go back and forth and call other people names. Just the concert. Thank you.

That's what whiny jackasses do. That they complain about predictability is the biggest laugh, because their comments are more predictable than anything.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: December 9, 2012 10:22

kowalski
JJF

That is a gorgeous stage right there. beautiful lighting. just amazing. nice shot. thank you

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 9, 2012 10:29

fleabitmonkey

Fantastic photos - thank you! And thanks for letting us credit you properly!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 9, 2012 10:31

Nice pics! And fantastic report by bv, although we're at opposite extremes regarding the live version of "Satisfaction", which I think has very little in common with the record that many think is the greatest single in rock history.

I didn't expect Bill to make thr trip to the States, but am a little puzzled by the absence of Mick Taylor. I realize that he was never announced for the show, but it would have been nice if they brought him on for this gig - I wonder if the Stones realize how big a deal Taylor's appearances were to the hard-core fan base.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: December 9, 2012 10:45

Bv wrote: "So I hope they do a few more shows, not many. Not for those who want a show for ten dollars"

"A few"? Necessarilly? Why? I think they could offer us a tour (not a mammoth one, necessarilly), with longer breaks between the gigs, in comparison with the previous tours. Arenas and some stadiums, why not? But as for the ticket prices, with respect, there is a huge difference between the unrealistic 10 dollars level and the - prohibitive for SO MANY people- 600 or 800 dollars (or euros). My only serious complain is about these prices...

Of course, as we see, the most legendary live act in the world can fill 20.000 capacity arenas, even by extremelly high ticket prices, atleast in some cities like London and NY. But the point is not what they can do. The point is what they should do. Among other factots, reducing prices does mean attracting more young people in the gigs. And i think the Stones deserve to have, among the audiences, a notable number of young people on their farewell gigs. Just my opinion.

Posted by: champ72 ()
Date: December 9, 2012 10:47

gotdablouse

So many great photos - that is an awesome, awesome photo of Keith. He looks really great.

Posted by: champ72 ()
Date: December 9, 2012 10:49

fleabitmonkey

More fantastic shots - thank you - what's that guitar Ronnie's playing?

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: December 9, 2012 10:50

kowalski
jazzbass video :

Great.

Except for the unnessessary piano solo.

God I hate that show-offy thing he does.

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: December 9, 2012 11:18

champ72
fleabitmonkey

More fantastic shots - thank you - what's that guitar Ronnie's playing?

It's a Versoul from Finland. Ronnie also has some accoustic Versouls.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-09 11:19 by Phil Good.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: December 9, 2012 11:46

Max'sKansasCity
Stones rock....

I never understood the set list concerns... as long as it is/was Stones songs.

ps
Actually the only time I cared about set lists was hoping (for 4 shows in a row) for Sway on the BB tour... and not getting it... but then finally on the fifth and last show, for me, they played it.... it was cool.

I was waiting for a song during BB too. Came to the Paris show. Stadt de France (spell). Got first row next to a German friend (Hi Roland). He managed to read the setlist while the girl was typing it on the plexi...
He suddenly said "Oh my". I said "what what what". Him: Wanna know what we get tonight? 10 people around him said NO. I said, well. He whispered to me, and I almost fainted. One hour later we got SHE WAS HOT. Probably saved me from a hearth attack knowing it was coming.
Thanks everybody for updating us!

And G I hope for CYHMK in Newark...

TE
Oslo

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1685
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home