Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11
Re: Thank You to The Rolling Stones!
Date: December 11, 2012 04:39

Thanks for hanging around long enough to give us at least one last miracle. You guys are simply amazing and have exceeded my wildest expectations. One last great album then call it a career. Or shoot for 60. I will try and live long enough to see you to the end. One Love Gold Rings On Ya, forever.smileys with beer

Posted by: stones40 ()
Date: December 11, 2012 13:46

First live show that i attended was Glasgow 1966 and i have been totally hooked ever since on the Stones live concert experience.
They have written so many fabulous Rock & Roll songs plus many endearing ballads - in fact there is a song in their catalogue for whatever mood you may be in.
Last concert was 29/11/12 at the O2 London when along with my daughter i watched and listened in amazement to the excellent show that they performed.
In my view they are the greatest rock & roll band ever and are 50 & still counting.

Posted by: hickorywind ()
Date: December 11, 2012 23:02

stones40
First live show that i attended was Glasgow 1966 and i have been totally hooked ever since on the Stones live concert experience.
They have written so many fabulous Rock & Roll songs plus many endearing ballads - in fact there is a song in their catalogue for whatever mood you may be in.
Last concert was 29/11/12 at the O2 London when along with my daughter i watched and listened in amazement to the excellent show that they performed.
In my view they are the greatest rock & roll band ever and are 50 & still counting.

Likewise I also attended Odeon Glasgow 1966 (Yardbirds/Ike & Tina Turner the support acts) it was actually my second Stones concert the first one in 1965 at same venue (Hollies support act).I echo all your sentiments and I was at the first O2 gig on 25th November in London with all my family.
All the Best

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: December 12, 2012 12:04

thanks for this whole WWF-style megillah grrrilla PPV thing. what a trip!

Date: December 12, 2012 21:41

superrevvy

Yes, indeed. The world has gone Stones Mad! They should do the concert from a boxing ring! It's huge, it's big, it's massive!

Date: December 12, 2012 21:52

JumpinJackOLantern
superrevvy

Yes, indeed. The world has gone Stones Mad! They should do the concert from a boxing ring! It's huge, it's big, it's massive!

Or should I have said a wrestling ring? I think so.

Posted by: StonedForever ()
Date: December 13, 2012 05:26

New to posting here but this is a beautiful thread. Cheers to the Stones and all the fans. May we stay Forever Stoned.

Posted by: TRS ()
Date: December 14, 2012 13:32

Thanks keep passing it on!!

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: December 14, 2012 14:12

Think I'm Going Mad !

Thanks boys.
Thanks for starting.
Thanks for playing.
Thanks for filling my soul with that slightly off beat slashing riff that I hear in my head all the time.
Thanks for the rooster strut.
Thanks for the soulful licks.
Thanks for side 2 Tattoo You.
Thanks for the people I have met thru my Stones lifestyle.
Thanks for the tongue.
Thanks for that glint in your eye when you saw the buzz on my face at those front row gigs.
Thanks for wearing the black hat.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 14, 2012 18:29

THANKS ROLLING STONES... for five decades of great music.

ps... Sorry about the "Pfffft" thing in the ATTIC.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-15 02:06 by schillid.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: December 14, 2012 22:25

My moment of sentimentality eventually:

For the latest 50 years of my life,

"There've been good times
There've been bad times"

But all this time there've been the Rolling Stones!

Simply, thank you!

WOW, Thank You Stones!!!
Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: December 15, 2012 06:58

The 8th and 13th, plus a week in NYC. Big thanks to the Stones.

Re: WOW, Thank You Stones!!!
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: December 15, 2012 06:59

smoking smiley

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: December 15, 2012 07:19

That is a terrific photo, thank you for sharing!

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: December 15, 2012 07:24

Looks like a great trip, two all time shows, Guggenheim, Met, good herb. Great pic!!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 15, 2012 16:32

Mick       Keith      Brian      Stu        Charlie    Bill       Mick T     Ron
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, Rolling Stones

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-15 21:08 by schillid.

Date: December 15, 2012 21:56

I found it kind of interesting who didn't bother to respond to this thread. Really must be hard for some of you to break down and give up a simple thank you. Shame on you.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: December 16, 2012 01:26

Thank You so much for all the joy during all these years!

Long may You keep on soldier on.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: December 16, 2012 02:58

@ Ming
Nice idea. Nice photo.
Kinda reminds me of that pic of Keith from the "According to" book: Keith on hotel bed with among other nice things a mountain of coke . .

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: December 16, 2012 03:35

JumpinJackOLantern
I found it kind of interesting who didn't bother to respond to this thread. Really must be hard for some of you to break down and give up a simple thank you. Shame on you.

I'm not sure they'd be interested in our thanks. Well, maybe some of them would, hard to say. But, as Keith said at some Thanksgiving show in the '90s, "Give thanks!". My Aunt bought me "Hot Rocks" when I was six years old, I think because she knew I loved "Satisfaction". I played the hell out it, as it was one of only two albums I had if you don't include my Sesame Street record. That was in 1971. I'm now 47, so you can imagine the impact they've had on my life (yes, I became a geetar player). I must have stopped playing them for a while, cuz when I was 12, I heard "19th" in a jukebox in my hometown. I remember being struck by the greatness of the song and thinking, "Why didn't they put that on Hot Rocks?" I went home and checked, and there it was, to my delight. Have no idea why I forgot, but I guess the best excuse is that I was very young. Today I'll thank Keith and Ron for getting their S*&t together and playing their asses off with both focus and soul when few thought it likely.

Posted by: leftbank ()
Date: December 16, 2012 07:43

Thanks for the excellent show DEC 15!!! Everyone is so good, cant stop now, More shows in London, small arenas please. More rare blues numbers like. Who do you love! Micks singing has been terrific.

Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: December 16, 2012 15:34

I wasn't sure I would ever have the opportunity to see them again after BB. It was a long, long wait.

Thank you again!

Oh, the picture above is great
><><><><

Posted by: MickyG ()
Date: December 16, 2012 15:52

Remember all those posts we have read over the last few years about how Charlie had actually left, Mick could only sing through his nose now, Ronnie had forgotten everything he had ever known about how to play guitar and Keith could not even pick one up! I had hoped against hope that these were all wrong,but deep down I really feared the worst.

The question now is......is this the greatest comeback since Lazarus?

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: December 16, 2012 15:59

Thanks for the comments on the picture! Got the idea from a Ya Yas outtake photo. So very little creativity, but I think it turned out ok. My Stones/NYC/Newark dream.

Last night's ppv was GRRReat! Really nice ending of the mini-tour.

Some great memories cause of these guys. Thank you and can't wait to see you again.

Posted by: Dean ()
Date: December 16, 2012 23:59

I just want to say "Thankyou"

I am still taking it all in after what's been a Rolling Stones month or so and weekend in particular so can't really think of something more profound to say at the moment.

I love The Rolling Stones!

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 17, 2012 02:56

PPV in Australia - thanks FOXTEL!!

Simply AMAZING. Watched it twice thru so far. Stunning.

No longer having to be introduced as "the world's greatest rock and roll band"... the world ACTUALLY KNOWS WHO IS, IT'S INGRAINED INTO OUR COLLECTIVE CONCIOUSNESS NOW - and after THAT show, no-one somes close or is even in the rear view mirror!

THANKS to the Stones for (for me - since '65) 47 years of absolute JOY! KEEP IT GOING - you're at the top of your game.

Rgds
Rod
PERTH

Posted by: fanofjagger ()
Date: December 17, 2012 10:43

Hi everybody
this is my first message from Paris France.
Love that group since 1973 when I heard Street Fighting Man for the first time;
My firs concert : 7th June 1976 in Paris;
Never forget Mick's hips movin & dancin "Jagger Jive" on videos or watched directly live from TAMI Show 64 to Newark 2012.
Thank you guys, you help us during our lives, listening to your music is our finest hour

Love from Paris

Fan of Jagger

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: December 17, 2012 15:02

Gracias a los Rolling por hacer mi vida mucho más divertida.

Thanks to the Rolling for make my life funniest and make me happy, Please, never,never, never stop.....

Just a way of life, share it or understand it.

Cheers

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: December 17, 2012 21:17

The Rolling Stones are the soundtrack of our lifes. The Rolling Stones are the most important band ever.

Thank you, guys. Thank you for the best music in the world> Thanks for all.

Posted by: Buddha66 ()
Date: December 18, 2012 20:06

Thanks for keeping going - despite all of the hurdles, problems, fights, accidents, etc, etc, etc....you keep coming back and thrilling us - I can't wait for more!

THANK YOU!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2324
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home