Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 9 of 11
Re: Thank You to The Rolling Stones!
Posted by: Per-Arne ()
Date: December 4, 2012 22:57

Thank you for the first 50 years!

Per-Arne

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: December 5, 2012 01:51

and thank you for so many releases this year : amazing 78 show, Muddy 81, Stones archive for a few €, Charlie is my darling ...

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: kath51 ()
Date: December 5, 2012 05:12

the stones changed my life twice, and both times were perfectly executed!!! i am so glad that so many of my stones friends got in to see these shows, and also for those going to nyc. have a GREAT time and give charlie a yell from me!!!

Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: December 5, 2012 10:41

Thanks so much to the Stones, because they changed my life - the way of living, from the first moment I've heard them at the age of 10 in 1978 at my fathers car audio system! cool smiley

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Posted by: onestep ()
Date: December 5, 2012 16:53

A thank you to this website, all the fans, and The Rolling Stones themselves.
To the Stones for always staying as close to their musical roots that move them, for always staying as close to the fans as they can, for them putting on, and giving their all in nearly every live show they ever performed.

Somehow that simple thank you doesn't seem to be enough, because their music has played such a major part of my life, ever since I purchased my first LP, Let It Bleed, when it was first released. From a small record store in Maryland owned by a fellow by the name of Tom Beach.

I forgot, I was 9 years old then...............

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-06 19:43 by onestep.

Posted by: wandering spirit ()
Date: December 6, 2012 15:18

thanks for 50 years of great music! without the stones, without their great music and great concerts, in my life there would be something missing....

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: December 6, 2012 19:31

I don't know how I would've made it through the last couple of years without the Stones. Their music navigated me out of some profound sadness - it's just that demon life.
It’s hard to find the words to say how much the Stones mean to me. Search gratitude and you'll find: Thanksgiving and SATISFACTION.

If music be the food of love, play on...
God bless you guys!

I'll love you forever.

smoking smiley

Date: December 7, 2012 18:10

Per-Arne
Thank you for the first 50 years!

Per-Arne

What about the second 50 years?

Posted by: Ringo ()
Date: December 8, 2012 02:11

Thank you so very much, The Rolling Stones. I can hardly think of a life without you!

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: December 8, 2012 13:42

bv
At the O2 show on Sunday Mick said Thank You to the fans. This touched me deeply. When I started the It's Only Rock'n Roll Fan Club 32 years ago the Rolling Stones had been a major part of my life for a decade. Little did I know that IORR would unite millions of Stones fans all over the world for decades.

Now I would like personally to thank The Rolling Stones back. Thanks for all the great memories, songs, shows and friends I have made all over the world. As long as you keep it running I will do the same.

I will invite fans of The Rolling Stones from all over the world to say thank you here. Please sign in everyone. Let us make this thread into the biggest Rock'n'Roll thank you our band deserve.

THANK YOU TO THE ROLLING STONES!

Bjørnulf
(IORR Editor)

Yes! How I wish I knew how to get a message to the Stones and that they would actually read it, lol! But in the absence of that possibility I would still like to say thank you for creating the music that has made my life so much richer ever since I first heard it at the age of four. Today, I am 52 and still no other band's music makes me feel so alive as yours. You've virtually created the soundtrack to my life. Thank you for the legacy of classic songs, thrilling concerts, and for keeping it going despite internal squabbles and things that could've broken up any band. But you knew the Stones were too great to bury and you're still rocking today. Thank you Mick for your dedication to staying in shape and staying such an amazing showman. Thank you Ronnie, for getting sober. And most of all, thank you Keith for getting sober or whatever you've done that's got you back to playing better than you have in many years. There are not adequate words to describe what happiness your music has added to my life over your 50 years of being The Rolling Stones.

The official "Thank you" thread!
Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: December 8, 2012 21:59

During the years I've been happy to follow the Stones in many ways.
One of them has been thru this forum and I want to take the opportunity
to say thank you to BJÖRNULF for his hard work and ability to share news about the Rolling Stones.

Without BV many of us would not have the possibilty to follow our so beloved (sometimes even bashed) band.

Now I just want to say that to me, BV's work has made us so happy and I hope he continues to do this great work.

THANK YOU BV!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Re: The official "Thank you" thread!
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 8, 2012 22:01

Aha, so THIS is the official Thank-You-thread !
They had me fooled for a while

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 8, 2012 22:03

Erik_Snow
Aha, so THIS is the official Thank-You-thread !
They had me fooled for a while

you're my favorite banned, erik

Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: December 8, 2012 22:05

[www.iorr.org]

Your official thank you thread is counterfeit!

Date: December 8, 2012 22:06

arthritis
[www.iorr.org]

Your official thank you thread is counterfeit!

So one can't thank BV for all his good work????

Date: December 8, 2012 22:07

bv is a modern day saint. that halo is real; it's not just his big-headed ego, as some would have it.

Date: December 8, 2012 22:10

StonesTod
bv is a modern day saint. that halo is real; it's not just his big-headed ego, as some would have it.

BV is a person devoted and dedicated to what he has done on this website.
Some others doesn't care or see his dedication.

I do and I just loved to say thank you to him!

Other may think otherwise and I respect that but will not agree with any other opinion!

Date: December 8, 2012 22:12

Fan Since 1964
StonesTod

BV is a person devoted and dedicated to what he has done on this website.
Some others doesn't care or see his dedication.

I do and I just loved to say thank you to him!

Other may think otherwise and I respect that but will not agree with any other opinion!

i don't respect anyone who doesn't believe that bv is the mother teresa of stones fandom.

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: December 9, 2012 01:30

Hi, Jan here

Vasa, Finland. Late night, Saturday December 8th 2012. 10 degree celcius minus and snow outside. I hate snow. But I love The Rolling Stones. I have just watched Saturday evening entertainment on Finnish TV. 21.00 hrs to 00.15 hrs. Crossfire Hurricane and Some Girls Live 1978. I love The Stones.

The Stones was around when Kennedy was President in the US. I was also around coz me and the Stones are born in the same year. Stones was around when man walked on moon.. I was at home watching the TV , 7 years old..“A small step for man...” Stones was around when what ever happened in the 70’s and in the 80’s and in the 90’s. There was once a guitar player that said “There’s the sun, there’s the moon and there’s The Stones” I am 100% of the same opinion. As long as I have lived, there has always been the sun and the moon and The Stones.

Do you realize that this band has been around for 50 years and counting..??. Think about it. Do you understand the time frame we are talking about? It was a different world when they emerged on the scene. They still do it. 78 Some Girls that I saw tonight, the concert ending with Brown Sugar and Jumpin Jack Flash. 2012 London November 25th and I was there at O2. Brown Sugar and Jumpin Jack Flash still in the final set of the evening. Same energy as 1978, a bit slower pace yes, but still the same energy. How can you not love this band?

The Stone is the reason why I am existing. In the early 90’s I was running a business of my own. Importing vintage US cars from the US West Coast to Finland. We hit a deep recession and I went out of business. Owed the bank more money that you can imagine. No food in the refrigerator, rent not paid for several months, telephone line cut off, out of work and out of income.. People ringing the door bell and I did not open the door, Lights off so that no one would think that I am at home. Sitting on the floor in a corner of my living room, having a few Baccardi’s, lights off and listening to Flashpoint again and again and again and and again. (For the younger generation, this was 1992 and Flashpoint was the latest release).

Today, living in a house of my own, having a signed UK Promotional Album RSM.1 vinyl and 800 other Stones vinyl LP’s, a wife and and a kid, a -57 Dodge and a -73 Eldorado cvc in the garage, a good job, man, what a ride it has been, me and the Stones. Did I say that I love the Stones? Nothing short of Amazing

Just have to say this. I cannot understand people who criticize set lists and ticket prices. It is The Greatest Band Of All Times we are talking about. Think about it. Did I say that I love the Stones?

Thank You Brian, Stu, Bill, Mick, Charlie, Keith and the other Mick with big lips

Thank you for the music

It has been an amazing ride and the ride is not over yeat. It’s Only Rock And Roll But I Love It. See Ya on the next gig

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 9, 2012 01:58

Great story and a great ode Jan...........

Date: December 9, 2012 02:10

NICOS

Thanks Nico, since the Cashwe nut thing, I think that we are on the same level you and me smiling smiley

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Date: December 9, 2012 02:14

Jan Richards
NICOS

Thanks Nico, since the Cashwe nut thing, I think that we are on the same level you and me smiling smiley

Indeed Jan........ old cars and the Stones...........and a good job.....a wife and kids

Date: December 9, 2012 02:19

NICOS
Jan Richards
NICOS

Indeed Jan........ old cars and the Stones...........and a good job.....a wife and kids

Nicos, Summer of 2013, Da greatest Band of all times, on tour in Europe, ticket prices really cheap for world class entertainment, we need to see each other smiling smiley

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Date: December 9, 2012 02:37

Jan Richards
NICOS
Jan Richards
NICOS

Nicos, Summer of 2013, Da greatest Band of all times, on tour in Europe, ticket prices really cheap for world class entertainment, we need to see each other smiling smiley

Who knows, I expect them to play in the Kurhaus Scheveningen as they did in '64 (first gig in Europe) grinning smiley

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: December 10, 2012 12:25

Thank you, Rolling Stones, for being more than just a musical or cultural influence to me. You have become my life, the centre of my thoughts and activitites, the non-plus-ultra of everything that has ever risen to my mind.
Thank you, Rolling Stones. You are far more than just the greatest rock'n'roll band in the world!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-10 12:26 by Meise.

Date: December 10, 2012 14:01

Jan Richards
Hi, Jan here

Vasa, Finland. Late night, Saturday December 8th 2012. 10 degree celcius minus and snow outside. I hate snow. But I love The Rolling Stones. I have just watched Saturday evening entertainment on Finnish TV. 21.00 hrs to 00.15 hrs. Crossfire Hurricane and Some Girls Live 1978. I love The Stones.

The Stones was around when Kennedy was President in the US. I was also around coz me and the Stones are born in the same year. Stones was around when man walked on moon.. I was at home watching the TV , 7 years old..“A small step for man...” Stones was around when what ever happened in the 70’s and in the 80’s and in the 90’s. There was once a guitar player that said “There’s the sun, there’s the moon and there’s The Stones” I am 100% of the same opinion. As long as I have lived, there has always been the sun and the moon and The Stones.

Do you realize that this band has been around for 50 years and counting..??. Think about it. Do you understand the time frame we are talking about? It was a different world when they emerged on the scene. They still do it. 78 Some Girls that I saw tonight, the concert ending with Brown Sugar and Jumpin Jack Flash. 2012 London November 25th and I was there at O2. Brown Sugar and Jumpin Jack Flash still in the final set of the evening. Same energy as 1978, a bit slower pace yes, but still the same energy. How can you not love this band?

The Stone is the reason why I am existing. In the early 90’s I was running a business of my own. Importing vintage US cars from the US West Coast to Finland. We hit a deep recession and I went out of business. Owed the bank more money that you can imagine. No food in the refrigerator, rent not paid for several months, telephone line cut off, out of work and out of income.. People ringing the door bell and I did not open the door, Lights off so that no one would think that I am at home. Sitting on the floor in a corner of my living room, having a few Baccardi’s, lights off and listening to Flashpoint again and again and again and and again. (For the younger generation, this was 1992 and Flashpoint was the latest release).

Today, living in a house of my own, having a signed UK Promotional Album RSM.1 vinyl and 800 other Stones vinyl LP’s, a wife and and a kid, a -57 Dodge and a -73 Eldorado cvc in the garage, a good job, man, what a ride it has been, me and the Stones. Did I say that I love the Stones? Nothing short of Amazing

Just have to say this. I cannot understand people who criticize set lists and ticket prices. It is The Greatest Band Of All Times we are talking about. Think about it. Did I say that I love the Stones?

Thank You Brian, Stu, Bill, Mick, Charlie, Keith and the other Mick with big lips

Thank you for the music

It has been an amazing ride and the ride is not over yeat. It’s Only Rock And Roll But I Love It. See Ya on the next gig

thumbs up smileys with beer thumbs up

Any IORR-poster with negative thoughts should read this before they post!

Posted by: rogermcnally ()
Date: December 10, 2012 17:12

I dumped the Stones when punk came along, but I never listen to any of that stuff now and I will always listen to the Stones. Those great songs and greater performances will always be loved.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: December 10, 2012 19:12

The Rolling Stones have always been THE source of comfort in my life, through all of my bleak times and they have usually been the source of my greatest joy...along with relationships with my best friends who have supported my love of this band. It is something that I cherish, and really can't put a price or value on...hey, they're THE STONES...what else can you say except THANK YOU ROLLING STONES for everything. This is not the end, only another phase. After all of the touring is finished, my memories will be with me until I pass from this world...I sure would love to take that with me...who knows.
The Stones really are the World's Greatest Rock 'N Roll Band for all time. Amen!!God Speed The Rolling Stones!

Posted by: fmg81 ()
Date: December 10, 2012 22:19

well, thanks!

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: December 11, 2012 04:24

Thank You for the thrill of a lifetime...

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 9 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1850
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home