Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546Next
Current Page: 44 of 46
Re: The official "TICKET DROP" thread
Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: December 4, 2012 21:47

where is the Brick City BAr in comparison to the NJ Transit stop?

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: December 4, 2012 21:52

HalfNanker

I'm hoping one of our U.S. cousins can answer that.....it's been suggested as a meeting point so hopefully it's not too far from the Prudential. I'll google it and see what comes up.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: kupco ()
Date: December 4, 2012 21:53

Brick City is across the street from the Prudential Ctr - nice spot

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: December 4, 2012 21:55

kupco
Brick City is across the street from the Prudential Ctr - nice spot

[www.brickcitybarandgrill.com]

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: chop ()
Date: December 5, 2012 02:54

HalfNanker

3 blocks. Its in a safe area. Lots of cops in intersections directing traffic or just generally walking around.

Newark Penn Station is a dump though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-05 03:01 by chop.

Date: December 5, 2012 02:57

I'm wondering is it worth it to wait until the night before on stubhub to buy tix? I'm thinking maybe if the Pit tix go down to thr $750 range on stubhub I might splurge and buy one...

what were the prices for the tongue pit night before the o2 shows?

I'm already going to the Dec 15 show in the "ahem" cheap seats ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-05 03:03 by chop.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 5, 2012 03:26

chop
I'm wondering is it worth it to wait until the night before on stubhub to buy tix? I'm thinking maybe if the Pit tix go down to thr $750 range on stubhub I might splurge and buy one...

It depends on how far you are from the venue. My NYC college kid has gotten very cheap tickets to concerts at MSG by watching the price go down on StubHub and then buying within an hour of the show. She even scored free tickets off of craigslist when a band staffer posted that he had some extra tickets to give away for a donation to Hurricane Sandy relief.

Date: December 5, 2012 03:38

latebloomer
chop

It depends on how far you are from the venue. My NYC college kid has gotten very cheap tickets to concerts at MSG by watching the price go down on StubHub and then buying within an hour of the show. She even scored free tickets off of craigslist when a band staffer posted that he had some extra tickets to give away for a donation to Hurricane Sandy relief.

I'm within a stones throw of both arenas. For me it's Pit or bust...i'm just worried those seats might not decrease enough in price.

Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: December 5, 2012 17:18

Working the EBay tickets hard today by making offers. The sellers are holding fast until the last minute still trying to get their money back or as little loss as posible. About one more day until they lose the shipping window which will probably slam the door on the out of towners not coming to Brooklyn.

Still believe the avaiability in and around the venue will be flush.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: December 5, 2012 17:35

Ticetmaster is now dropping seats in the 100 sections at Barclay's for $500. $800 seats are now much closer to the stage. It really doesn't pay to buy early, does it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-05 17:36 by bleedingman.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 5, 2012 18:34

bleedingman
Ticketmaster is now dropping seats in the 100 sections at Barclay's for $500. $800 seats are now much closer to the stage. It really doesn't pay to buy early, does it?

THAT ....... is the message of this entire thread. NO, it emphatically does NOT pay to buy early, absolutely not !

A lesson for the future me thinks, for all of us .... or at least all of us that didn't already know this.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 5, 2012 18:56

I disagree that "it does not pay to buy early." That's not correct. It depends on what seats you are able to purchase early. If you are able to purchase front blocks or pit tickets in the presales, it very much makes sense to buy early. I think that most people on IORR who ended up in the pit or in the A blocks for the O2 probably purchased their seats in the presales - those seats were available. However, you had to be lucky, and you had to act quickly.

The actual axiom is "It does not pay to buy bad seats for high face value early". In other words, if you are not lucky in the presales, don't panic.

Date: December 5, 2012 19:12

drbryant
I disagree that "it does not pay to buy early." That's not correct. It depends on what seats you are able to purchase early. If you are able to purchase front blocks or pit tickets in the presales, it very much makes sense to buy early. I think that most people on IORR who ended up in the pit or in the A blocks for the O2 probably purchased their seats in the presales - those seats were available. However, you had to be lucky, and you had to act quickly.

The actual axiom is "It does not pay to buy bad seats for high face value early". In other words, if you are not lucky in the presales, don't panic.

I was going to say, the exception to that "rule" that I quoted being the possibility that you could get lucky in presales. I ended up with front row (H) in block 101 at the O2 in 2007, but I did have to reject a shedload of other very poor offerings before those seats came up for sale in the presales. The presales are all very well, but IF you do not get lucky (and it is in all fairness very "hit and miss" because they do offer a vast "range" of seats) - then come the public sale, DON'T buy early. We've seen it time and time again, Ticketmaster sells from the top downwards and the back forwards. Late in the day, which is very much where we now find ourselves as regards the three U.S. shows, better seats closer to the stage are coming up if you search repeatedly. At least that's what I'm noticing, and I can only go by what I personally experience/notice ...

One observation though, the high face value price of tickets does seem to be more off-putting to folks in the U.S. than here in the U.K. - or so it strikes me. I think we in Britain bitched and moaned about it initially, and then just lapsed into a state of complacency and/or weary resignation. I'm sensing that the public "outrage" in the U.S. appears to be somewhat greater and somewhat longer lasting.

Date: December 5, 2012 19:16

Agreed. That's pretty much what I meant to say, dr. Thanks for clarifying. I saw very few good seats myself during the pre-sales and the prices were ridiculous. I'm content with my Section 105 which turned out to be "rear view" but still close.

drbryant
I disagree that "it does not pay to buy early."

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: December 5, 2012 19:27

bleedingman
Agreed. That's pretty much what I meant to say, dr. Thanks for clarifying. I saw very few good seats myself during the pre-sales and the prices were ridiculous. I'm content with my Section 105 which turned out to be "rear view" but still close.

Hey Bleedingman,

After watching the videos from the 02 I think you are really going to enjoy your seat. After they pull back the ballon lips it should really open up your view quite nicely.

Date: December 5, 2012 19:40

virgil

Hey Bleedingman,

After watching the videos from the 02 I think you are really going to enjoy your seat. After they pull back the ballon lips it should really open up your view quite nicely.

Thanks, Virgil. I actually enjoyed being in a similar section last time I saw them at MSG. But had I seen the videos prior to buying this ticket, I actually might have spent MORE! Looking forward to it, at any rate.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 5, 2012 21:55

virgil

Hey Bleedingman,

When do they pull back the balloon lips, after how many songs?

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: December 6, 2012 00:10

angee
virgil

Hey Bleedingman,

When do they pull back the balloon lips, after how many songs?

Angee , someone posted earlier this week, after about the 3rd or 4th song.

Date: December 6, 2012 02:31

Oh, thank you, Virgil.

Pauly, I think there is more bitching in the US about the prices...for whatever reasons.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: December 6, 2012 02:46

angee
Oh, thank you, Virgil.

Pauly, I think there is more bitching in the US about the prices...for whatever reasons.

Well, the prices are higher for one thing. At the current exhange rate of £1 = $1.61, your top price tickets (costing some $830) work out at approx £515.

Our top price tickets in the UK were £406. Yours are therefore some £110 (or $177) more expensive. Yikes, truly frightening. It's no wonder there's been proportionately more bitching and moaning !!

I also think that large sectors of the U.S. economy are suffering, although don't necessarily know to what extent this applies in the NY/NJ area ? You tell me.

If they do more shows in 2013, I wonder whether or not there'll be modifications to the pricing structure ? A guessing game. Wait n' see I suppose.

Date: December 6, 2012 03:02

Don't know how bad it is in NY/NJ--I'm from the midwest and it's picking up very, very slowly.
Yeah, I knew our prices were higher, terrible, for sure. I'm hoping they go down if there are
more shows but I wouldn't count on it unless these three shows have a bunch of empty
seats.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: jabhead ()
Date: December 6, 2012 03:44

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-08 06:36 by jabhead.

Posted by: lorno578 ()
Date: December 8, 2012 16:01

still hoping for a single, but the only thing coming back so far is the $500 seats on ticketmaster. Surprisingly, even the stubhub listings for singles have not even dropped. Looks like I am going to have to take my chances outside the arena b4 the show.

Date: December 8, 2012 16:10

lorno578
still hoping for a single, but the only thing coming back so far is the $500 seats on ticketmaster. Surprisingly, even the stubhub listings for singles have not even dropped. Looks like I am going to have to take my chances outside the arena b4 the show.

Lorno, I thought they would drop some today after they put the stage together last night. When they were able to see what other seats they could add into the pool. Maybe too late to put them on ticketnasty and they will only have them @ the Box
Office. I am pretty sure the Box office opens @ noon Event days.

Good luck

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-08 16:11 by virgil.

Date: December 8, 2012 16:18

Just a little worrisome about buying phony tickets outside the arena b4 the show.

I think they can still post tickets on ticketmaster up until around early afternoon or so. I live out in Long Island so I can hop on the LIRR to Barclays.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 8, 2012 16:39

Guys, be careful out there. The Brooklyn show and the first NJ show had some extra tickets, but the Sandy benefit and the PPV show are extremely hot tickets, like the show on the 29th at the O2. Be wary of good deals late in the day. There were reports of hundreds of people showing up at the O2 with counterfeit tickets and some our members got duped. Try to buy from ticketmaster, the box office or from big brokers like stubhub/razaorgator (where they offer ticket guarantees). It's child's play for organized crime groups to print fake tickets for hot shows that are indistinguishable from genuine tickets.

If you have to buy fan-to-fan, try to make sure that the seller is the original purchaser. Otherwise, the seller might be innocently selling a fake. It was one thing when prices were $100 - $200. Different story when prices are $800+. If it sounds too good to be true, proceed with caution.

Posted by: ladywilliam ()
Date: December 8, 2012 20:53

Twitter

Some extra seats have been squeezed around the Tongue pit for tonight's @barclayscenter show! Last chance for #StonesNY [www.ticketmaster.com] …

Hope someone got tpngue pit tix. Good Luck!!

Date: December 8, 2012 21:12

ladywilliam
Twitter

Some extra seats have been squeezed around the Tongue pit for tonight's @barclayscenter show! Last chance for #StonesNY [www.ticketmaster.com] …

Hope someone got tpngue pit tix. Good Luck!!

I don't think these are actually in the Pit. They are "around" the pit, e.g. Section 4.

Posted by: JaIsNotDead ()
Date: December 8, 2012 21:15

I bought one in section 6 on TM this morning

Date: December 8, 2012 21:51

Enjoy this clip:

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546Next
Current Page: 44 of 46

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2542
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home