Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546Next
Current Page: 45 of 46
Re: The official "TICKET DROP" thread
Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: December 8, 2012 22:10

Sec 28 was released...next to stage for tonights show.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: December 9, 2012 06:28

Does anyone know what type or if any tickets were sold today at the Barclays Box Office?

Any 150's 250's.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-09 15:57 by virgil.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 9, 2012 12:20

Yes. I would be very interested to hear of anyone who bought tickets in the last two days or so. I am thinking of going to the show on Saturday, but prefer to be on the floor, and right now, on Stubhub, Ticketsnow and Razorgator, the cheapest A blocks are $2000+ and cheapest pit tickets are over $3000+.

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: December 9, 2012 18:03

Also...what was the ticket market like outside the arena? Were there tickets being sold and what were the prices? Anyone get burned with counterfeits?

Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: December 10, 2012 06:49

6s7s9s
Also...what was the ticket market like outside the arena? Were there tickets being sold and what were the prices? Anyone get burned with counterfeits?

Stood outside the venue holding a bright yellow sign with "Need 2" on the face. Was approached by a dozen os so still wanting little below face. Most seemed offended when I made my fixed offer.

Each one gave me the "Do you know what I paid" speech. I told them I understood and has invested my $1,000 ++ on the 12/15 show.

I had one guy agree to $300 for 2 tickets. Once we got into Starbucks to consummate the deal he withdrew. Stating he would take the tickets home before taking such a loss. That was 8:10 PM.

Very strange group of people but NYPD officers stood with us and stated they would only involve themselves if the sold ticket was fake.

Great atmosphere albeit rain and cold. At 8:30 we headed back to the bar and pulled up IORR for the play by play. After that my date was happy enough to finish the evening.

Can't wait till next Saturday. Two Tickets $400 below face each. OH one other note, did run intp one kid (early 20's) that showed a zerox copy of a pair he had gotten burned on for $400. So be careful guy's.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 10, 2012 15:09

"Stating he would take the tickets home before taking such a loss"

Errr... that's disgusting. These guys wanted to make some buck off a gig they had no interest in and they got stuffed.
Maybe Mick was right after all?

Date: December 10, 2012 15:57

I've been watching EBay pretty closely for the last 24 hours or so. These auctions end with no bids or bids way below the asking price.

I suppose they just re-list the tix a few hours later, trying to dress them up somehow. Seems like there are a lot going unsold, but maybe still too soon before the show (Thursday).

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: December 11, 2012 06:47

Looking for a inexpensive single for Thursday. Goes to a true fan...

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: December 11, 2012 07:20

I have 1 lower level sect 5 ticket to trade + cash for tongue pit ticket 12/13. Someone hook me up!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 11, 2012 14:02

If anyone is still looking for tickets, was offered this (below) early this morning - not bad for this late in the day (section 18 row 11). It was for the Newark show on the 13th ....

Section 18 Row 11 Seats 16 Description Price Level 1
Lower Level Seating
Type Full Price Ticket Ticket Price US $813.00 x 1
Price Details
Price Details
Type Full Price Ticket Ticket Price US $750.00 x 1Facility ChargeUS $3.50 x 1 Convenience Charge US $59.50 x 1

SUBTOTAL*US $813.00

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-11 14:03 by paulywaul.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 11, 2012 14:38

Thank you for the updates.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-11 15:01 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: December 11, 2012 14:59

Don't know what anyone else thinks, but having been to three out of the five shows now, with two more to go, I've got a definite opinion about the floor seats.

With this particular stage layout, I think the pit is the definite top spot, closely followed by the blocks of lower tier/bowl seats on each side of the stage and nearest to it.

For the O2 that was 101 or 112, for Brooklyn 28/26 or 4/6 and Newark - 16/17 or 11/10.

I was in 101 for the first O2 show, 112 for the second, the pit for Brooklyn, and will be in block 10 for both Newark shows. Looking at the floor seats from all these different perspectives, I personally think that the floor is not the greatest of locations for this particular stage layout. Great for when they go walkabout on the tongue, but realistically - otherwise a bit detatched from the main stage.

What does anyone else think ?

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: December 11, 2012 15:17

paulywaul
Don't know what anyone else thinks, but having been to three out of the five shows now, with two more to go, I've got a definite opinion about the floor seats.

With this particular stage layout, I think the pit is the definite top spot, closely followed by the blocks of lower tier/bowl seats on each side of the stage and nearest to it.

For the O2 that was 101 or 112, for Brooklyn 28/26 or 4/6 and Newark - 16/17 or 11/10.

I was in 101 for the first O2 show, 112 for the second, the pit for Brooklyn, and will be in block 10 for both Newark shows. Looking at the floor seats from all these different perspectives, I personally think that the floor is not the greatest of locations for this particular stage layout. Great for when they go walkabout on the tongue, but realistically - otherwise a bit detatched from the main stage.

What does anyone else think ?

I think you're right. 1st O2 show I was in 404, high up but actually had a great view of the stage and thought then that the floor seats were not the best given the gap to the walkway in front of them, although security let everyone come forward to the walkway after the start (did they allow this at Brooklyn?). 2nd O2 show Pam and I were in the pit which was brilliant, thought then that if you're at the back of the floor, particularly, you're better off in a tier seat. I'm in Block 5 Row 23 for the Prudential on the 15th which I know is far from the stage but at least I'll have a good view ...would obviously have liked to be closer but that was the best I could get at the time (I don't have nerves of steel to wait like some people....well done !!!). Like you say, even if you've got Floor front row the only time you're really close to the band is when they venture out onto the walkway.

Chris

Satisfied since 1976

Date: December 11, 2012 16:30

I originally purchased seats in the 17th row of the Floor Blocks in the presale for the second O2 show. When an opportunity came to purchase front row seats for 650 GBP, I sold my first pair and hoped for the best. It was definitely an odd experience. I would say that from the front row of the floor blocks, the main stage is about 15 - 17 rows away. What made it unusual was that there was about 4-5 feet of space between the front row of the blocks and the rail, and then another 4-5 feet between the rail and the front of the pit. Once the gorillas got out of the way, the security led people with seats nearest the front to a spot at the front rail, which provided a comfortable unobstructed view of the main stage - that was great of course, but the absence of any bodies either in front or in back of you did seem a little weird. Also, the rail wasn't very crowded - lots of VIP's that night and some people actually returned to their seats rather than stand at the rail. Very relaxing way to watch a show, and my guest loved it, but I missed the bodies around me, the people singing along etc. As the show went on, they allowed more and more people to come forward to the rail, which helped a little.

Another weird thing - the stage is designed so that the ramp slopes down from the main stage, and towards the front of the ramp, it is EXTREMELY low (I would say about chest high, or maybe even lower). When they come out there, they are so close it's almost a little disconcerting. I was also worried that someone at the back of the pit might reach over and trip Mick as he was running around on the ramp.

I'm not sure it makes much of a difference to those in the back half of the floor, but there is definitely a "detached" feeling if you are in the front row of the blocks - standing there at a rail in the middle of an arena floor, no one in front of you, no one in back of you, watching a Stones show. Actually, if anything, it reminded me a bit of being at a sound check.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-11 16:33 by drbryant.

Date: December 11, 2012 22:01

Same here. I had 113 in London and I loved the view from the side.
It does seem that the front floor rows are pretty far (compared to a "normal" front row) from the main stage. You would get a nice look when they come out to the front of the "tongue". To each his/her own, but I liked the side view.

I have 126 in Newark...just above 16 and 17.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: December 11, 2012 22:22

paulywaul

I was in 26 for the Brooklyn show and it was a fantastic seat. Very close to the ramp. Being a shorter person, I think it may have served me better than the pit (but can't say for certain!)

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Date: December 12, 2012 13:56

Just brought this up if anyone is still looking ......... not a bad spot in the lower bowl. This was for the 13th.

Section 9 Row 10 Seats 15
Description Price Level 1
Lower Level Seating
Type Full Price
Ticket Ticket Price US $813.00 x 1
Ticket Price US $750.00 x 1 Facility Charge US $3.50 x 1 Convenience Charge US $59.50 x 1
SUBTOTAL US $813.00

Date: December 12, 2012 14:01

CindyC
paulywaul

I was in 26 for the Brooklyn show and it was a fantastic seat. Very close to the ramp. Being a shorter person, I think it may have served me better than the pit (but can't say for certain!)

Cindy, you and I are about the same height as I recall, and the pit was no problem for me. As it happened I was on the rail, but had I not been, what I noticed when I went walkabout was that you could be standing almost anywhere in that small area, and the view you had was fantastic. You completely forgot about the rest of the arena, it felt like you were in a tiny little club show.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: December 12, 2012 14:10

6s7s9s
Same here. I had 113 in London and I loved the view from the side.
It does seem that the front floor rows are pretty far (compared to a "normal" front row) from the main stage. You would get a nice look when they come out to the front of the "tongue". To each his/her own, but I liked the side view.

I have 126 in Newark...just above 16 and 17.

Yep, was right at the front of B block at the O2 which would have been great in the past for 75% of face value but have to say I felt quite distant from the stage, (cos I was), and relied a lot on the screens. The tongue stage looks great but is not at all practical for providing a good view from the floor. I also thought they would come out onto the tongue more often than they do which is not much at all.

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: December 12, 2012 22:52

I'm desperately trying to sell my extra Floor D ticket for tomorrow night. I'll sell it at face ($813) or best offer. Please let me know! rstonesrock@gmail.com

Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: December 13, 2012 00:09

Ticketmaster has floor Section B Just now floor Thursday night

Section B
Row19Seats 5 - 6DescriptionPrice Level 1
Floor Level Seating

TypeFull Price TicketTicket PriceUS $813.00 x 2
Price Details
Price Details
TypeFull Price TicketTicket PriceUS $750.00 x 2Facility ChargeUS $3.50 x 2Convenience ChargeUS $59.50 x 2
SUBTOTAL*US $1,626.00

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-13 01:56 by GADAWG.

Posted by: ttutone ()
Date: December 13, 2012 02:32

Just scored two off Ticketbasterd for section 16 row 11. I was sweatin it today (trying all day) and bang this just appeared. Majorly pshyched! Minus the cool grand that will magically appear on next months credit card. Worry bout that latter.... Charlie needs a new suit and a new hat for Mick.

Maybe there are more? Seems stuff is popping up.

Date: December 13, 2012 04:03

ttutone
Just scored two off Ticketbasterd for section 16 row 11. I was sweatin it today (trying all day) and bang this just appeared. Majorly pshyched! Minus the cool grand that will magically appear on next months credit card. Worry bout that latter.... Charlie needs a new suit and a new hat for Mick.

Section 16 .... good deal this late in the day. Very well done to you !

Date: December 13, 2012 05:37

Prices for the show on the 15th are going through the roof. The show in London on the 29th was a hot ticket, but this is ridiculous. Virtually no decent pairs to be found for face value or less. Quite a few pit tickets in the $3500 - $4000 range are actually selling on stubhub! Who buys these things?

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: December 13, 2012 05:59

its 11:00 on the east coast.
Ticketmaster has Section B floor row 19 available for the 13th.
These tickets will go fast

Posted by: tommyquinn ()
Date: December 13, 2012 06:25

Ticketmaster also has Section 129 Row 3 for $450, available at 11:23PM east coast. Not bad....

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: December 13, 2012 06:39

I'll sell my floor ticket for face value to the quickest fellow to email me. Hell, I'll even waive the ticketmaster fees -- that's $750 instead of $833. Please let me know asap... rstonesrock@gmail.com

Posted by: GS1978 ()
Date: December 13, 2012 14:54

good seats still showing up on ticket master
just saw these in sec 18

Posted by: ttutone ()
Date: December 13, 2012 15:13

paulywaul
ttutone

Section 16 .... good deal this late in the day. Very well done to you !

Thanks Pauly. As you say the good seats are always sold at the end.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: December 13, 2012 15:15

Section 110 row 1 also coming up $501.00 @ 8:15 EST

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546Next
Current Page: 45 of 46

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2224
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home