Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142...LastNext
Current Page: 37 of 46
Re: The official "TICKET DROP" thread
Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: November 27, 2012 01:22

paulywaul
SonicDreamer
RS.com have begun their farcical tweets - "final tickets releaed for the Stones O2 show..." Yeah, RIGHT, this statement was made several times in the 3 days before the Sunday show!

SD, where did you end up on Sunday night ? In the pit ?

Yep, an upgrade from those lovely people at The O2. ;--P

Posted by: beepee ()
Date: November 27, 2012 03:00

SonicDreamer
paulywaul
SonicDreamer
RS.com have begun their farcical tweets - "final tickets releaed for the Stones O2 show..." Yeah, RIGHT, this statement was made several times in the 3 days before the Sunday show!

Can you give more details ?!?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 27, 2012 03:31

Was it the gorilla thing maybe ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: November 27, 2012 03:51

mymick
Please do not think this is typical. I was so lucky getting my ticket but there were others who did not get one and could not get in.
That's always the risk of course and after a great evening in (almost) the best possible spot (dead center second row in the pit - FB presale) I'm not sure if I want to stick with that perfect evening or give it another shot and play Seatwave like you did and risk ending up empty handed or go with another option...thing is with Seatwave is that you must buy online until the very last minute according to what they told me when I went to their desk to inquire for a friend. I'm not sure at what time they actually start selling directly, 7PM maybe?

It's bound to be nerve racking anyway as there were 4 at £399, 2 at £495, 2 at £795 at 4PM then 1 at £399 and 1 at £495 at 5PM and then only just 1 at £495 at 5PM...then at 6PM there were 5 at £279 and at 6.30PM there were 7 at £250...go figure !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 27, 2012 05:30

Guys looking at ticket drops should be aware that there is considerably more demand for tickets - as of now, viagogo shows NO tickets below face value (there were dozens on Sunday afternoon). That doesn't mean tix won't be available; it just means that there will be more people looking than on Sunday - so if you see something you like in a ticket drop, grab it and don't look back. See you guys on Thursday.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: November 27, 2012 09:20

drbryant
Guys looking at ticket drops should be aware that there is considerably more demand for tickets - as of now, viagogo shows NO tickets below face value (there were dozens on Sunday afternoon). That doesn't mean tix won't be available; it just means that there will be more people looking than on Sunday - so if you see something you like in a ticket drop, grab it and don't look back. See you guys on Thursday.
As the press review was very positive I could imagine that the demand for Thursday might be slightly higher. Still I don't think that there are so many tickets around as advertised.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 27, 2012 10:56

SonicDreamer
paulywaul
SonicDreamer

hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: November 27, 2012 10:58

drbryant

Yep, all these great reviews have served to jack up prices .... for sure sad smiley

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 11:46

gotdablouse
That's always the risk of course and after a great evening in (almost) the best possible spot (dead center second row in the pit - FB presale) I'm not sure if I want to stick with that perfect evening or give it another shot and play Seatwave like you did and risk ending up empty handed or go with another option...thing is with Seatwave is that you must buy online until the very last minute according to what they told me when I went to their desk to inquire for a friend. I'm not sure at what time they actually start selling directly, 7PM maybe?
!
Where is their desk, gotdablouse?
Is it one of the windows inside the O2 building?

Still looking for a ticket for Thursday!
Lee

Date: November 27, 2012 11:58

No it's just outside, past the "obelisk" to the left. I wonder why they insist you buy online until the last minute, it's a hassle and impossible if you don't have a smartphone.

--------------

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: November 27, 2012 13:34

gotdablouse
That's always the risk of course and after a great evening in (almost) the best possible spot (dead center second row in the pit - FB presale)

Oh Gotdablouse, than you might have ended next to me (center at front row) smiling smiley

Date: November 27, 2012 14:25

Yeah I think we were close neighbors, thing is I didn't want to lose my spot so I was only able to talk to the people right next to me. Check out picture #6 here [www.iorr.org] you might see yourself, I can't so I'm exactly sure what part it is, I need to check my pictures.

--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-27 14:28 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: stones40 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 15:52

Latest prices for Level 1 seating which offer an excellent view of the Stones are as follows -

Block 118 £454-55
Block 104 £454-55
Block 109 £499-00

There does not appear to be that many level 1 seats left although there are two on E' Bay for buy now at £300-350.
It is beginning to look likely that fans looking for a bargain tommorow will be left with paying a high price for level 4 ( nosebleed) seats.
Leave it to the last minute is starting to look really risky unless you are prepared to pay full price level 4 upper tier prices in the gods at the venue.

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 19:05

I've seen an offer on LivingSocial, £325 instead of £375, they may have a small bunch of tickets.

Date: November 27, 2012 19:19

24 tickets and zero information on seat location as far as I can tell, not very enticing is it?

--------------

Date: November 27, 2012 20:43

Interesting, just pullled up this for Thursday :

Section : BK A2
Row : S
Seats: 35

--------------

Date: November 27, 2012 21:05

gotdablouse
Interesting, just pullled up this for Thursday :

Section : BK A2
Row : S
Seats: 35

Are you sorted out with a ticket for Thursday, or still looking ?

Date: November 27, 2012 21:41

Still looking but after being spoilt by the second row dead center of the pit on Sunday my standards are rather high unfortunately...The good thing is that I don't have to worry about swapping an existing ticket, the bad thing is that I can't just drive down to the O2...a ride on the Eurostar being necessary. I have an option on some decent priced train tickets I need to act on before tomorrow noon. Now looking at Sunday's scenario I'd be good to go but if it doesn't play out well I'm stuffed. I was thinking of toughening it up at St Pancras but that's probably silly as I can get a room at the same hotel I stayed at on Sunday for £38. Decisions, decisions...I guess I'll need to have a little chat with the trouble and strife once I've made up my mind ;-)

--------------

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 28, 2012 04:03

The way I look at it is after being that close in the pit, nothing can top that.
In your position I still might well want to see the show again, in any case.

In my situation I am already traveling far to Newark so I figured I wanted to
see two shows, even if the second seat is not as good. It will be
a different situation, anyway.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 28, 2012 04:04

Er, was anyone able to relocate/move to a better seat?
Was security much present up off the floor?

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: November 28, 2012 04:13

Re that A2, row S seat, based on the seating we saw for Sunday, it looks like A2 starts about 6-7 rows behind the A1 and A3 blocks, still a decent seat for face, but not for shorties!

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: November 28, 2012 05:12

drbryant
Re that A2, row S seat, based on the seating we saw for Sunday, it looks like A2 starts about 6-7 rows behind the A1 and A3 blocks, still a decent seat for face, but not for shorties!

BY shorties do you mean Vertically Challenged? LOL

Date: November 28, 2012 10:59

Yes it's not bad and they had quite a few good A2s and A3s at the box office on Sunday, at least until 5pm, VIP cancellations possibly.

It really is a tough decision...

As for moving around and getting a better seat I've heard of people moving from 110 to 113 but not on the floor, apparently things were pretty strict there.

--------------

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: November 28, 2012 11:38

Forget about moving around downstairs - security very tight and humourless

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: November 28, 2012 11:52

virgil
drbryant

To my understanding A2 started in Row G or H or I.
We had A1 row F and were still on the circle side were there were only a few seats. So depending what the first Row on A2 is you will have Row 12 to 14.

Date: November 28, 2012 11:58

drbryant

Rules me out then ... 5' 5" or 1.65 m sad smiley

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: November 28, 2012 18:09

Ticketmaster currently offering tickets behind the stage for £106!

Date: November 28, 2012 18:37

paulywaul
drbryant

Rules me out then ... 5' 5" or 1.65 m sad smiley

At 5' 5", a seat on the floor is always a bit of a gamble. So much depends on who is in the rows in front of you. You would be safer in the first 2-3 of the B blocks, or in the tiers. But, the odds are better in London than is, for example, Amsterdam, where everyone seems to be 180!

Posted by: grant ()
Date: November 28, 2012 18:49

johnnythunders
Ticketmaster currently offering tickets behind the stage for £106!

Must have been a short lived offer - nothing at all available now. (In any price bracket).

Date: November 28, 2012 19:01

Grison
virgil
drbryant

To my understanding A2 started in Row G or H or I.
We had A1 row F and were still on the circle side were there were only a few seats. So depending what the first Row on A2 is you will have Row 12 to 14.

That's surprising, since there were a lot of offers of A2 rows A-E on viagogo and the like. Anyway, tickets may be available on ticketmaster in "drops", but compared to the first show, this is a very hot ticket. You can tell by Ebay activity and the number of tix remaining on the reseller sites. I thought that the premium seats would be snapped up if the first show got positive reviews, but I assumed that those seats in the 400 level would not sell. However, it seems that those tickets are all selling well. Amazing - only the Stones could pull it off.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142...LastNext
Current Page: 37 of 46

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1845
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home