Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546Next
Current Page: 42 of 46
Re: The official "TICKET DROP" thread
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 2, 2012 00:38

angee
See you Dec.15th in Newark, paulywaul.
I will be one section over in Section 11...unless I somehow score a pit seat.
Congrats!! TM is popping some decent seats out lately for the show.
One of these days someone should start a topic, who's in for the 13th and the 15th topic?
After Brooklyn, or sooner...

Yeah thanks Angee, I'm delighted to have gotten decent tix, especially for the 15th show - the PPV. My cousin who lives in NJ just 30 minutes away from the Prudential has never seen the Stones, she's so excited .... it's beyond description.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 2, 2012 00:45

Having seen the show on the 29th, and looking at a possible trip to the US in December - am now thinking of trying to squeeze in the show on the 8th or the 13th. Am I correct the all floor seats were $825 face value?

Date: December 2, 2012 01:11

drbryant
Having seen the show on the 29th, and looking at a possible trip to the US in December - am now thinking of trying to squeeze in the show on the 8th or the 13th. Am I correct the all floor seats were $825 face value?

I don't do floor seats myself, so don't know - but I think so. My single seat for lower tier block 10 on the 13th set me back $821.50, can't imagine floor seats would be any less.

Date: December 2, 2012 01:50

Think the same pattern will play out in the US. Tickets will be available for the first two shows, but that show on the 15th will be as tough a ticket as the second O2 show. Better to buy in advance for those two, unless you are flying solo and willing to take a chance of not getting in.

Date: December 2, 2012 01:59

drbryant
Think the same pattern will play out in the US. Tickets will be available for the first two shows, but that show on the 15th will be as tough a ticket as the second O2 show. Better to buy in advance for those two, unless you are flying solo and willing to take a chance of not getting in.

Well that's exactly what I would have thought, so imagine my reaction when 2 in block 10 row 13 for the Prudential on the 15th suddenly appeared, I nearly fell out of my chair here. What a total fluke ! My Amercian cousin is totally beside herself with excitement. So am I for that matter ! Can't wait, three Stones shows in eight days .......... yikes !!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 2, 2012 05:07

drbryant, come on down!!! (Well, over, anyway.)

Ticketmaster is doing it's goofy pattern of releasing a portion of the better seats as the time goes by...
I wonder if they will even let loose of a few pits in the end.

That's great about your cousin, a first-timer, pauly!! Yeah, your seats were not there when tickets
went on sale at first.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-02 05:10 by angee.

Posted by: lorno578 ()
Date: December 2, 2012 05:08

I am still hoping to get to the Brooklyn show, if you are a big fan, they got you by the balls so you will pay sky high prices no matter what. At least for the most part.

The point is that I hope those greedy bastards donate some portions of the Brooklyn/Newark shows to the Sandy relief fund!! If they are going to rape us out of our wallets, at least give some back for a good cause.

Posted by: tommyquinn ()
Date: December 2, 2012 05:54

It says Rear View..... I went to the 3D seat finder on the offical Pru Center site, and the view looks pretty good, but maybe someone who sat in a comparable section at the O2 may know better than me. I sat approx. in the same section on the Bang tour at MSG and the view was phenominal, could see what was going on backstage, and was also VERY close to the band, so I am hoping these will be as good or better. Don't know how the view of the screen will be, but I guess time will tell.
If interested, clamatto36@yahoo.com I won't sell it tonight, so let me know.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: December 2, 2012 08:25

paulywaul, drbryant, angee, beast, kahoosier, i will be in section 16 both nights at newark...hope to see you at the shows or afterward?!

i'm tempted to buy some obstructed view for brooklyn but the $500 level are just a bit too obstructed at this venue

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-02 08:27 by little queenie.

Date: December 2, 2012 09:55

I think that pruces might still go down for the NY/NJ shows. Cheaper pits and floors by a few individual sellers would be nice. However, by the time the 14th (day before the PPV show) rolls around, I think it might be like Thursday's O2 show, with very few tickets around at any price and lots of folks getting shut out. If you want to go to the show on the 15th, my advice would be to try to buy tickets before the show on the 13th ends.

For the O2 show there were tons of tickets available until the first show ended, and then tickets for the second show just disappeared.

Date: December 2, 2012 12:09

angee
drbryant, come on down!!! (Well, over, anyway.)

Ticketmaster is doing it's goofy pattern of releasing a portion of the better seats as the time goes by ...
I wonder if they will even let loose of a few pits in the end.

That's great about your cousin, a first-timer, pauly!! Yeah, your seats were not there when tickets went on sale at first.

That was the whole purpose of this thread, to impress upon people (if they didn't already realise it) that Ticketmaster ALWAYS does this. Its remit is to fill up the venue it's selling tickets for, so it sells from the top and the back - moving dowwards and forwards as a function of time. There's nothing new here, it always does this. I can virtually guarantee you that had I waited another few days, I'd probably have been able to have bought even better than block 10 row 13, but what with travelling n' all - couldn't be bothered. Those will do just fine.

Pit tickets ?? Now that's a different story. I'd be amazed if TM started dropping those. I may well just succumb to temptation though and get one off STUBHUB or something like that for the Brooklyn show, if they come down to a little less than USD$ 1000 .... I probably will. Haven't done the pit yet, gotta try it. I'm in block 10 for both Prudential shows, so Brooklyn's THE ONE I guess !! We'll see !!

Date: December 2, 2012 12:12

little queenie
paulywaul, drbryant, angee, beast, kahoosier, i will be in section 16 both nights at newark...hope to see you at the shows or afterward?!

i'm tempted to buy some obstructed view for brooklyn but the $500 level are just a bit too obstructed at this venue

Good job !!

Date: December 2, 2012 12:19

drbryant
I think that pruces might still go down for the NY/NJ shows. Cheaper pits and floors by a few individual sellers would be nice. However, by the time the 14th (day before the PPV show) rolls around, I think it might be like Thursday's O2 show, with very few tickets around at any price and lots of folks getting shut out. If you want to go to the show on the 15th, my advice would be to try to buy tickets before the show on the 13th ends.

For the O2 show there were tons of tickets available until the first show ended, and then tickets for the second show just disappeared.

I completely agree, and that's why I grabbed those things in block 10 for the 15th when I saw them yesterday.

Yep, in London that was exactly it. Thete were tons of tickets (well good ones at any rate) for both shows, and then BOOM .... great reviews for the first show, up went prices, and down went availability - and indeed some people DID get shut out. I can't imagine that the same pattern won't repeat itself to a great degree for the U.S. shows.

Date: December 2, 2012 13:06

little queenie

LQ - don't think you'll be likely to see Beast n' Kahoosier at the U.S. shows, but you'll see me

Date: December 2, 2012 19:08

LQ, I will be around for both shows in Newark, hope to touch base beforehand or after.
So glad you are going! (Do we still have each other's phone numbers? Write me
if not...)

I don't know where everyone's going after, but before, early, there's the Dinosaur Barbeque.
Hope to see the European contingent and meet others.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: dhmagman ()
Date: December 2, 2012 19:33

IDIOTS.PAYING THE RIDICULOUS PRICES TO SEE A BUNCH OF OLD FARTS WHO ONLY TOUR WHEN THEY WANT TO PUSH AND GREATEST HITS ALBUM AND MAKE MORE MONEY..WHAT A SAD GROUP OF MORONS.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: December 2, 2012 19:58

dhmagman
IDIOTS.PAYING THE RIDICULOUS PRICES TO SEE A BUNCH OF OLD FARTS WHO ONLY TOUR WHEN THEY WANT TO PUSH AND GREATEST HITS ALBUM AND MAKE MORE MONEY..WHAT A SAD GROUP OF MORONS.

@#$%& off

Date: December 2, 2012 20:08

dhmagman

You stick with Donny & Marie then, $5 ought to cover it .... cool smiley

Leave the Stones to us old gits and sad gits hot smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 2, 2012 21:01

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-02 21:02 by Green Lady.

Date: December 2, 2012 21:05

Green Lady,
He got inspired.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: dhmagman ()
Date: December 2, 2012 21:43

Seen the Stones enough times but not as many as Donnie and Marie..You can have the stones..I am going to the Bahamas instead.

Date: December 2, 2012 22:02

dhmagman
Seen the Stones enough times but not as many as Donnie and Marie..You can have the stones..I am going to the Bahamas instead.

Well, you're even sadder and more moronic than the average Stones fan then cool smiley

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: December 2, 2012 22:45

But who are Donnie and Marrie?

Date: December 2, 2012 22:47

Whale
But who are Donnie and Marrie?

[en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: December 2, 2012 23:21

paulywaul
YES YES YES YES YES hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley

Just got me two in SECTION 10 (aaaaagh shriek hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley) for the 15th .....

NYC here I come ...................... !!

Sorry folks, gotta do more cartwheels ...... hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley

There's one VERY happy American cousin in New Jersey right now, she's never seen the Stones before. Can you believe that ? I know I know, it's OK, I'll have strong words with her when I get there. Don't worry, she'll see the light by the time I've finished with her !!

Now do concentrate Paul .... Brooklyn and Prudential 1 to go (sound of man furiously rattling laptop keyboard hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley)

Nice one paul.

At the moment looking at new york and hoping to obtain some cheap air tickets through my sister in law who works for british airways <sorry>>grinning smiley<

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 2, 2012 23:42

I am in for Dec. 15th, bought my ticket a while ago, section 22...now I'm a little sorry I didn't wait as better lower level seats are popping up. Then again, I probably might have lost my nerve by now, the $800 plus price was hard to swallow, and the cost of traveling up there, etc.
But now I am really psyched about it, can't wait to see the band!

Little Queenie, you don't know me, but I am glad to see you'll be at whatever IORR gatherings there are before/after the concert, I don't want to be the only girl. Sorta silly, I know, especially since I am certainly not a teenager anymore, but still, we girls have to stick together. winking smiley

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: December 2, 2012 23:50

latebloomer

Little Queenie, you don't know me, but I am glad to see you'll be at whatever IORR gatherings there are before/after the concert, I don't want to be the only girl. Sorta silly, I know, especially since I am certainly not a teenager anymore, but still, we girls have to stick together. winking smiley

smileys with beer

Posted by: kramsey ()
Date: December 3, 2012 01:07

I have an extra ticket for the 12/13 show if anyone is interested. Just looking to get what I paid, $286. I'm also going on 12/8 and 12/15 and just can't pull off all 3 shows. I'm located in South Jersey so we could meet up if you are in the area, get together at the 12/8 show if you are going, or I could mail it. Feel free to contact me at krams_34@hotmail.com if you are interested.

Keith

Posted by: kramsey ()
Date: December 3, 2012 01:41

kramsey
I have an extra ticket for the 12/13 show if anyone is interested. Just looking to get what I paid, $286. I'm also going on 12/8 and 12/15 and just can't pull off all 3 shows. I'm located in South Jersey so we could meet up if you are in the area, get together at the 12/8 show if you are going, or I could mail it. Feel free to contact me at krams_34@hotmail.com if you are interested.

Keith

I forgot to mention the ticket is for section 211, row 7, seat 19

Date: December 3, 2012 02:40

latebloomer

What am I a boy? cool smiley (Check your email, lb...)

~"Love is Strong"~

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546Next
Current Page: 42 of 46

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1814
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home