Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 60
Re: GRRR! The Rolling Stones
Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: September 5, 2012 19:41

also covered in the Guardian (UK):
Stones to release new music

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 5, 2012 19:50

I'll tell them what they should do....

Any fking thing they want to do...

And if I like it... then I'll buy it, if not... then I wont.
But one thing I guarantee I wont be doing is bitching and whining about it.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: September 5, 2012 19:58

it's also got that whole tony the tiger vibe going on.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 5, 2012 20:05

georgie48
Only two days and already 20 pages full of reactions on THE news ... Yes, they did it again! Good or bad ... the world knows we're still around.
Even on the "teletekst" it was announced that the Stones were going to release a "greatest hits" album. I can't recall this to have ever happened before ... it's only a(nother) "greatest hits" collection for goodness sake.
Love your Stones for what they are: UNIQUE and a precious gift to the real fan
!

yay team!

Date: September 5, 2012 20:14

RAH RAH!!! GO TEAM ... GO STONES!!!!

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: September 5, 2012 20:26

Really can't believe some of the comments I'm reading here. Are here adults posting? Some act like spoilt, disappointed children.
Really what did you expect from a group of 70 year old men?

It should be clear that there has to be a new compilation this year for the people.
I mean the hard-cores get/got some nice stuff as well.
And the cover/title is not so bad - in the style of Made in the Shade,etc.
So really . .

Posted by: BeatleStone ()
Date: September 5, 2012 20:37

GRRRRRReeeeeedddddddd.

Next album 2022 60 licks??
2 new songs after 7 years of silence.??
Every song of them released on 1075 same albums.
I don"t buy this ,,new" album. :-(

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: September 5, 2012 20:39

CousinC
Really can't believe some of the comments I'm reading here. Are here adults posting? Some act like spoilt, disappointed children.

It should be clear that there has to be a new compilation this year for the people.
So really . .

Something remotely creative would have been nice. Just sayin'

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: September 5, 2012 20:45

Before we all bitch and moan too much about this compilation, let's see what the track listing is. So far there's nothing official about what's on it. Of course we know we'll get the warhorses for the umpteenth time, but if they would include some of the great album cuts that weren't "hits" it could be a good collection. If only they would include songs like Monkey Man, Torn And Frayed, some live gems, it might be worthwhile and excuse the cover art. Maybe the 80 song set will live up to my wishes for a set that includes their greatest works, not just greatest "hits." If it's just the same hits repackaged and fattened with a few more songs it will be a letdown.

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: September 5, 2012 20:45

CousinC

So really . .

i am honestly perplexed as to the people on here who are defending their laziness and apathy...

if you guys want to be fools and line their pockets for retread crap then that's your problem...you are probably diehard compilation fans anyway...

but for the most part...the people on here complaining are the ones who are on here all the time through the years when NOTHING is going on and who are loyal to these lazy bastards through thick and thin...even when that drunk fell out of the tree...

granted...they don't owe anyone anything...but on the other hand they shouldn't act like they are going to deliver something of relevance and then do not...or can't get it hard...tiny todger or not...

yeah great they put out archive releases... BUT we all had that stuff...albiet it in not as good quality...but chances are they probably got a lick off of the old boots we bought anyway...so it's just more money...

AGE IS NOT A FACTOR IN THIS....

there are tons of guys and bands from their generation that still play on a regular basis and make LP's and everything...hell like i said earlier...Ian Hunter put out a new LP yesterday...he is 73...and all he talks about is still trying to be relevant and not going out and going through the motions...because it still means something to him

this is plain and simple apathy...and being lazy...and riding the wave...and not caring about their fanbase...

Date: September 5, 2012 20:49

CousinC

So really . .

Right on Cousinthumbs up

Posted by: Bricklayer ()
Date: September 5, 2012 20:51

Ok, let me start with the disclaimer. I am a huge Stones fan (why else would I be on this site), I own all of their official releases, many of their unofficial releases, I have seen them numerous times, and I play guitar in a band that covers Rolling Stones songs (and others).

If GRRR! is a joke I will laugh my ass off, unfortunately I highly doubt that it is. What it is is another lame attempt by a once great band to wrest $ from my wallet. Let's count them off:

Big Hits (High Tide & Green Grass) - 1966
Big Hits Vol. II (Through The Past Darkly) - 1969
Hot Rocks - 1972
More Hot Rocks -1972
Made In The Shade - 1975
Rewind - 1984
Jump Back - 1993
40 Licks - 2002

I know they're "the greatest rock 'n' roll band in the world", but 8 greatest hits albums (granted both Hot Rocks were released by ABKCO after the split), soon to be 9 if this is real? What about cracking open the vaults on all the unreleased material? If you're going to f*#k me at least kiss me!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 5, 2012 20:56

cowboytoast
CousinC

So really . .

i am honestly perplexed as to the people on here who are defending their laziness and apathy...

if you guys want to be fools and line their pockets for retread crap then that's your problem...you are probably diehard compilation fans anyway...

but for the most part...the people on here complaining are the ones who are on here all the time through the years when NOTHING is going on and who are loyal to these lazy bastards through thick and thin...even when that drunk fell out of the tree...

granted...they don't owe anyone anything...but on the other hand they shouldn't act like they are going to deliver something of relevance and then do not...or can't get it hard...tiny todger or not...

yeah great they put out archive releases... BUT we all had that stuff...albiet it in not as good quality...but chances are they probably got a lick off of the old boots we bought anyway...so it's just more money...

there are tons of guys and bands from their generation that still play on a regular basis and make LP's and everything...hell like i said earlier...Ian Hunter put out a new LP yesterday...he is 73...and all he talks about is still trying to be relevant and not going out and going through the motions...because it still means something to him

this is plain and simple apathy...and being lazy...and riding the wave...and not caring about their fanbase...

Completely agree with everything, Cowboy

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: September 5, 2012 20:57

cowboytoast
CousinC

So really . .

HERE HERE!!..well said...

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: September 5, 2012 20:58

CousinC

So really . .

made in the shade....huh???...not seeing it ...

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 5, 2012 21:07

Tricky76
its an adequate reflection of their attitude for the past 30 years.

Indeed.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: September 5, 2012 21:16

cowboytoast

Agreed , just a difference between Ian Hunter or anyone else and The STONES...
They are not a Band, or just Songwriters and Musicians...They are the Living LEGENDS... They have to live with that "Greatest Rock'n'Roll Band " crown and now yeah it sucks...and I guess that it's their main trouble since at least 40 licks...

HMN

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: September 5, 2012 21:19

I am glad they recorded 2 new songs although I haven't heard them yet. The cover and the title of the compilation are a big disapointment.
I can't believe that Mick,Keith and Charlie approved of it. Who the fvck tought of that shit!!
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: Medzvel ()
Date: September 5, 2012 21:22

Lapinlahden Linnut (founded in the spring of 1983) is a Finnish band which plays humorous rock/pop music. Albums:...VihreƤ Gorilla (1987)...Grrr! (1992)

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: September 5, 2012 21:24

Bricklayer
Ok, let me start with the disclaimer. I am a huge Stones fan (why else would I be on this site), I own all of their official releases, many of their unofficial releases, I have seen them numerous times, and I play guitar in a band that covers Rolling Stones songs (and others).

If GRRR! is a joke I will laugh my ass off, unfortunately I highly doubt that it is. What it is is another lame attempt by a once great band to wrest $ from my wallet. Let's count them off:

Big Hits (High Tide & Green Grass) - 1966
Big Hits Vol. II (Through The Past Darkly) - 1969
Hot Rocks - 1972
More Hot Rocks -1972
Made In The Shade - 1975
Rewind - 1984
Jump Back - 1993
40 Licks - 2002

I know they're "the greatest rock 'n' roll band in the world", but 8 greatest hits albums (granted both Hot Rocks were released by ABKCO after the split), soon to be 9 if this is real? What about cracking open the vaults on all the unreleased material? If you're going to f*#k me at least kiss me!

You missed another one :
Sucking in the Seventies - 1981

Posted by: Muddyw ()
Date: September 5, 2012 21:25

Doesn't this attitude coming from being financially screwed by their manager in the sixties?
I mean, another compilation with the same songs is not relevant. Hanging out together for a few months in the studio, working their ass of to make the best possible album they can, with a great, dynamic and ritch soundmix. Not like Steel or Bang, more like Black, Tattoo, Voodoo and Bridges, etc.

Posted by: R ()
Date: September 5, 2012 21:28

OK, every time I look at the cover I laugh. It's funny. It's fun. ROCK AND ROLL IS FUN! Or supposed to be, anyway. How did we all get SO SERIOUS about rock and rollfor crying out loud?

Date: September 5, 2012 21:30

cowboytoast

I dont see anyone defending it as great... I see people saying "it is what it is" ...take it or leave it.

cowboytoast

So you think we should have all stopped being fans when "THAT DRUNK" (WTF?!) had his accident?... or should apply the "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME RECENTLY" mentality to them? Some people actually have longer attention spans than 15 seconds and are able to give credit for things the band did in the past 50 years... not just the last 5 years.

cowboytoast

If you got yourself all worked up with great expectations, and feel like they "let you down", then that is on you.

cowboytoast

Yeah... Ian Hunter's smash new hit album??... following up his other recent fabulous work?... yeah I missed all of that.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: September 5, 2012 21:32

R
OK, every time I look at the cover I laugh. It's funny. It's fun. ROCK AND ROLL IS FUN! Or supposed to be, anyway. How did we all get SO SERIOUS about rock and rollfor crying out loud?

Because a lot of people have become their parents.

Date: September 5, 2012 21:37

R
thumbs up

Please say "some of you"... dont say "we all".cool smiley

It is just music... it is not supposed to be serious.... no one got killed ... no one lost a job... it is not as if some company bought up the local manufacturing plant and then closed it, and shipped all of the jobs to China... No one got cheated here... no one got screwed... they put a happy/ funny looking Gorilla on the cover of an album, thats all.

It is just an (funny looking) album cover... and we dont even know what songs will be included on it.... what if it contains a bunch of long lost live recordings of their best songs? It probably wont... but it might.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-05 21:41 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: September 5, 2012 21:40

If they had stuck that cover on Flashpoint I would have been more than happy.

I genuinely think it's good.

(Perhaps it needs a banana).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-05 21:44 by GravityBoy.

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: September 5, 2012 21:42

Max'sKansasCity
cowboytoast

I dont see anyone defending it as great... I see people saying "it is what it is" ...take it or leave it.

cowboytoast

So you think we should have all stopped being fans when "THAT DRUNK" (WTF?!) had his accident?... or should apply the "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME RECENTLY" mentality to them? Some people actually have longer attention spans than 15 seconds and are able to give credit for things the band did in the past 50 years... not just the last 5 years.

cowboytoast

If you got yourself all worked up with great expectations, and feel like they "let you down", then that is on you.

cowboytoast

Yeah... Ian Hunter's smash new hit album??... following up his other recent fabulous work?... yeah I missed all of that.

People ARE defending this crap on here...that's why i said what i said...

as far as Keith being a drunk...that's like arguing if water is wet...

i got let down...because i started buying their stuff when i was 6 years old...in 1975..and have had to defend myself when people through the years make fun of them for being dinosaurs and not being relevant...i buy ALL of their crappy new records...just not the ones meant for milquetoast fans...like this one...

as far as Ian Hunter goes...he has credibility and he tours and he still delivers...it has nothing to do with 'smash albums' you jackass...if it had to do with that we would be talking about Lady GaGa...

now go enjoy your new Rolling Stones compilation...

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: September 5, 2012 21:43

After all this band has achieved, and after all the passion and all the joy they have generated, I detest to make harsh words.
Quite the contrary, I am delighted that there will be two new songs, which I did not reckon with, but deeply hoped for.
I am open for the presented cover and title of a new compilation, and it is OK with me that there will be one.

But I have to admit, I do not wish myself to have a compilation of songs that I have got already. I prefer to listen to songs in their original context.
Consequently, I will humbly ask if the new two songs might become available separately, if necessary on a later date than the compilation. If possible!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-05 21:45 by Witness.

Posted by: Rocknroll1969 ()
Date: September 5, 2012 21:45

Rolled Gold is another Greatest hits CD

Date: September 5, 2012 21:46

cowboytoast
Max'sKansasCity
cowboytoast

cowboytoast

cowboytoast

cowboytoast

People ARE defending this crap on here...that's why i said what i said...

as far as Keith being a drunk...that's like arguing if water is wet...

i got let down...because i started buying their stuff when i was 6 years old...in 1975..and have had to defend myself when people through the years make fun of them for being dinosaurs and not being relevant...i buy ALL of their crappy new records...just not the ones meant for milquetoast fans...like this one...

as far as Ian Hunter goes...he has credibility and he tours and he still delivers...it has nothing to do with 'smash albums' you jackass...if it had to do with that we would be talking about Lady GaGa...

now go enjoy your new Rolling Stones compilation...

Yeah... I wasnt sure, but I thought you would probably be "one of those types" who get all emotional and personal and starts calling people jackass... and then tells them what to do and buy... oh well, thought Id give it a try.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-05 21:49 by Max'sKansasCity.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 60

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1027
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home