Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 49
Re: Billboard: Rolling Stones To Play London, Brooklyn In November
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 31, 2012 20:00

andy js
StonesTod
andy js
Anything over £100 and they can shove it up their arses

you mean you wouldn't practically KILL for a ticket???? what the hell kinda fan are you anyway??

One that's still sore after paying nearly £100 for a poor show last time

oh, yeah. there's a lot of that going around, i hear....

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: August 31, 2012 20:02

andrewt
I really think all that is ancient history now. The reasoning that doing four really good shows instead of forty mediocre ones is better for the legacy is closer to the mark.

I don't expect really good shows, they always needed a couple of shows to get in shape.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 31, 2012 20:15

Come on, this is a hoax. Let's go back to the Ted Nugent thread. What's Nuggie up to now?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 31, 2012 21:13

Stoneage
Come on, this is a hoax. Let's go back to the Ted Nugent thread. What's Nuggie up to now?
He is in Tampa... or just got back from.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 31, 2012 21:38

It is time for the Stones to give something back to their long time fans, people like Gazza who has been to almost 50 shows, people like me who will travel 3000 miles to see them, et al.

This is the best Stones fan site on the planet, imho. Why aren't there any discussions about this on here?

I would LOVE to be at a show surrounded by long time Stones fans who thought they were treated in a special way for these possibly last shows. Any chance this dream could become a reality? I am getting a bit anxious thinking about how much I need to do a plan to see them this time out.

I won't hold my breath for the Rolling Stones organization to act but it sure would be a great way to insure their legacy was something more than a greedy money making operation...again. peace

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: August 31, 2012 21:44

I also think this is fantastic news. The only way to know if they still have it
is to go. Problem is - no el affordo. To be expected though, it's supply&demand.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: August 31, 2012 21:44

Naturalust
It is time for the Stones to give something back to their long time fans, people like Gazza who has been to almost 50 shows, people like me who will travel 3000 miles to see them, et al.

This is the best Stones fan site on the planet, imho. Why aren't there any discussions about this on here?

I would LOVE to be at a show surrounded by long time Stones fans who thought they were treated in a special way for these possibly last shows. Any chance this dream could become a reality? I am getting a bit anxious thinking about how much I need to do a plan to see them this time out.

I won't hold my breath for the Rolling Stones organization to act but it sure would be a great way to insure their legacy was something more than a greedy money making operation...again. peace

They have never cared about the fans and never will. It´s all about the money and they not owe us anything.

Date: August 31, 2012 21:53

Naturalust

uh...yeah...that's gonna happen....

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: August 31, 2012 21:57

[/quote]

...They have never cared about the fans and never will....[/quote]

I don't think that's true at all.

Date: August 31, 2012 22:03

Send It To me

...They have never cared about the fans and never will....[/quote]

I don't think that's true at all.[/quote]

they do care....about how much money we're willing to throw at them....

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: August 31, 2012 22:08

melillo
maybe one of the 4 shows will be a live pay per view event

I hope so. Pay per view events are not cheap but it will be a lot cheaper than a $300 ticket.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-31 22:08 by FrankM.

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: August 31, 2012 22:14

FrankM
melillo

I hope so. Pay per view events are not cheap but it will be a lot cheaper than a $300 ticket.

i just hope that if they are doing a pay-per view that Blondie will be on top of his game backstage...

and remember...if they do that....it'll be a show riddled with a bunch of extra guests....it won't be a proper Rolling Stones show...it'll be "Shine A Light x 10"

i can't wait to see Justin Beiber and Mick trade vocals on Stray Cat Blues...

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: August 31, 2012 22:17

I think 250£ max for O2 with some agevolation for RS.COM member (and 100£ for become a member,maibe).
I don't have news, it's only my imagination
Sici

Date: August 31, 2012 22:17

cowboytoast
FrankM
melillo

i just hope that if they are doing a pay-per view that Blondie will be on top of his game backstage...

and remember...if they do that....it'll be a show riddled with a bunch of extra guests....it won't be a proper Rolling Stones show...it'll be "Shine A Light x 10"

i noted that sarcasm. no knockin' the bieb...luv the bieb....

Posted by: bam ()
Date: August 31, 2012 22:19

Do you think they'd invite Axl Rose again? (Those special guest things are a little tired.)

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: August 31, 2012 22:21

StonesTod
cowboytoast
FrankM
melillo

the only thing that could make The Rolling Stones dangerous again is if Mick made out with Bieber ala' Mick and Ron Wood during "Respectable on SNL....they would be in the papers again...

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: August 31, 2012 22:21

Fergit the "guests" unless it's a former Stone and sidemen.

YOU CAN BET they care about the fans! They know who buys their supper.
You tell me a band that's harder working than The Stones who don't need
the money. Go ahead. Make my day.

Date: August 31, 2012 22:23

cowboytoast
StonesTod
cowboytoast
FrankM
melillo

the only thing that could make The Rolling Stones dangerous again is if Mick made out with Bieber ala' Mick and Ron Wood during "Respectable on SNL....they would be in the papers again...

mick's got the bieber fever! c'mon mickey...you know you wanna....

Posted by: phd ()
Date: August 31, 2012 22:44

I just think like most pepole here that those 4 gigs are just there to promote a world tour and to demonstrate to everyone who is the best rock band. If I can get a tix for O2 that will great. But do not bet on this.Too much demand. But ready to pack my bag for 2013.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: August 31, 2012 22:52

phd
I just think like most pepole here that those 4 gigs are just there to promote a world tour and to demonstrate to everyone who is the best rock band. If I can get a tix for O2 that will great. But do not bet on this.Too much demand. But ready to pack my bag for 2013.

...I won't rush to see one of the November gigs. But if they do a small to moderate size tour in 2013, I will see them, heck, I'll even consider using some of my frequent flyer miles to catch them in Europe and hopefully meet many of the fine folks on this board.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 31, 2012 23:03

BluzDude
phd

...I won't rush to see one of the November gigs. But if they do a small to moderate size tour in 2013, I will see them, heck, I'll even consider using some of my frequent flyer miles to catch them in Europe and hopefully meet many of the fine folks on this board.

They let Europeans use this board?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 31, 2012 23:13

Maybe they'll issue a RollingStones credit card, with some deal tied into discounted merch and tickets. Further reward folks who buy Airline tickets through Virgin Airlines (R. Branson) to travel to see them play.

These 4 shows could be a test of the whole new promotion organization as much as a rehearsal for the 2013 tour and I'm sure Richard Branson isn't doing it only to hang with Mick Jagger. The numbers just don't add up yet. peace

Posted by: phd ()
Date: August 31, 2012 23:37

A french bank already issued a credit card with the tongue on it. But yes, i firmly believed these 4 shows are to create the buzz for a world tour. The Stones are back. Damned.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: August 31, 2012 23:54

Max'sKansasCity
Someone said they are going to pick 50-100 people who regularly post to IORR and sell them tickets for 50 bucks each.... just to be able to say they did.

Who is this "someone"--MightyRollingStonesStill50, or someone?

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: September 1, 2012 00:19

It´s on.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: September 1, 2012 00:22

After five years, we're in!!! So, so excited.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: September 1, 2012 00:26

andrewt
Send It To me
Mick's hidden anger (?): 2 songs, 4 gigs, over and out....

It's possible Jags decided after Life that he was done with the Stones but that it would be unseemly for the world to see how much he was upset - for him to quit in a huff.

A short burst of Stones activity in the form of two tracks and four gigs would allow him to make the statement "Keith's book didn't bother me." He may be privately thinking that this is it.

Just a thought for those expecting a bit 2013 tour....

I really think all that is ancient history now. The reasoning that doing four really good shows instead of forty mediocre ones is better for the legacy is closer to the mark.

Also, I'd venture that Keith is stage-ready as well.

Don't be too sure that a band member's autobiography isn't capable of breaking up a band. Recall Ray Davies' reaction to brother Dave's mid-90s autobio Kink, as he remarked on it to someone inside Konk studios at the time: "Have you read Dave's book? This could be the end of The Kinks this year." And lo and behold, the next year there were 2 new songs for a live compilation (To The Bone) and a handful of gigs, then nothing since...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 1, 2012 00:37

i am in
jeroen
thanks Keef

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: September 1, 2012 00:41

I live so far. It´s all so expensive and difficult for me. But we are talking about the Stones. So, I will try all. It´s my old dream to see the boys in London.
Maybe my last chance. I will try to buy7 tickets and to see the two concerts.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: September 1, 2012 01:03

Max'sKansasCity
Stoneage
He is in Tampa... or just got back from.

Nugent is probably preparing for his charity camp that starts up soon, that he started for kids to enjoy the outdoors. Funny to read certain criticisms of Tampa, though. They remind me of Robert Caro's LBJ biography (vol. 3) where a staffer said, "Lyndon Johnson liked Hubert Humphrey. Humphrey was a real liberal and Lyndon thought liberals never had a sense of humor. Humphrey was the rare liberal with a sense of humor. That's why Johnson liked him."

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 49

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1259
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home