Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253
Current Page: 53 of 53
Re: OT: Rolling Stones vs. Led Zeppelin
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 9, 2015 03:02

Seems Jimmy spends more time talking with the press these days than anything else...the anticipation is building. eye rolling smiley

Jimmy Page: "I'll Return with a New Band" and "Totally Different" Music in 2016"
BY Christopher Scapelliti
December 8, 2015

Jimmy Page

Jimmy Page tells Classic Rock that he will return with a new band in 2016 and that his music will be “totally different” from his work with Led Zeppelin.

“It’s taken a long time to get to this point, but I want to do it properly,” the guitarist tells Classic Rock in a story posted on the site today. “And there will be surprises.”

Page says his writing approach of late has been different from the past. “The writing that I’ve been doing, I’m thinking of it in a totally different way,” he says. “And that has a charm of its own, and an excitement to it.”

As of now, Page has no musicians onboard. But whomever he works with will be playing music from the full range of his career when it comes time to tour.

“There will be all sorts of material from different eras,” Page says. “Right across the board—that’s the way I’m seeing it. But like I said, there will be surprises. It won’t be entirely what people might be expecting.

“The best way for me to think about it,” he says, “is pacing towards a really exciting show, where you’ve still got chance to improvise and come up with new things every night. And I think in that sense, people are going to say, ‘Yeah, okay, I get it.’”

Page would have made his return sooner, except that much of his time these past few years has been taken up with the long-running Led Zeppelin reissue project, which concluded earlier in 2015.

Posted by: masseywinos ()
Date: December 9, 2015 05:35

Holy Geez get on with it already. He says the same thing every year.

Posted by: footlooseman ()
Date: December 9, 2015 09:21

its no battle the stones were first and are the best but goddammit zep rocked hard!

O/T Jimmy page announces tour
Posted by: bob r ()
Date: December 15, 2015 00:01

Just read that Jimmy Page has announced a tour for 2016-- No dates or venues announced yet, but Page is outing together a new band which will perform both old and new material-- the new material will be quite different from what people might be expecting--Also, a new album in the works as well.
Hopefully he really means it this time....

Re: O/T Jimmy page announces tour
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: December 15, 2015 00:13

Lol I freaked out when I saw this then opened it up to see he hasn't announced dates yet. I appreciate the heads up, but I'll really believe it when I finally see dates. He threatens this so much that I want to believe it, but I could see him changing his mind.

Would love to see him though.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: December 15, 2015 00:29

Well, if he really has finished with all his Led Zep archive work, then it might happen.
Not till the Autumn though, if its to include a new album, I would have thought.
Hope the new material is guitar based...and I don't mean a rerun of Zeppelin.
Something that highlights his obvious skills....touching on folk, blues, classical, world music.
His solo work has been disappointing imo...like Mick...afraid to take chances.

Date: December 15, 2015 00:36

Jimmy Page has announced that he's going to make an announcement...about 100 times in the last year.

[www.iorr.org]

Talk is cheap, let's see some action! thumbs up

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: December 15, 2015 00:54

jlowe
Well, if he really has finished with all his Led Zep archive work, then it might happen.
Not till the Autumn though, if its to include a new album, I would have thought.
Hope the new material is guitar based...and I don't mean a rerun of Zeppelin.
Something that highlights his obvious skills....touching on folk, blues, classical, world music.
His solo work has been disappointing imo...like Mick...afraid to take chances.
I'm sure this'll continue the disappointment. He really seems to have burnt out after Zep, and thats fine and understandable in one breath. But in the other, its pretty amazing he's really put out NOTHING of note since the end of that band. He should at least be able to strap on a guitar and do 20 minutes of impressive material for a new record. He was one of my favorite guitarists, and it seems he's grown way too content just doing Zep, when many want to hear new riffs.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 15, 2015 00:58

What is the source for him announcing the tour? I read that piece where he said he is going to get some new music together for 2016 but I don't recall any mention of a tour.

In fact, I think he mentioned that he didn't even have a band together yet, kind of hard to plan a tour without a band.

I think Jimmy is more serious about it this time, he's got to be aware of all the criticism he's received for doing nothing new for so long. Hoping for the best while expecting absolutely nothing.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: December 15, 2015 01:17

Was the last live tour when he went out on the road with The Black Crowes as his band? I thought that was pretty good stuff.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 15, 2015 01:17

I would love to see Page reunite and restart the Yardbirds. It is obvious that Plant is and has been the roadblock to Zeppelin.

At least with the Yardbirds he has something to revisit and build on once again. Who knows, it could be really successful. Of course they would have to find a new singer for this as well with Keith Relf passed on in 1976 but all the other original members are still active. Jim McCarty, Chris Dreja probably not due to medical issues, and Paul Smith. Maybe even bring along John Paul Jones.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 15, 2015 01:40

It would be awesome if he and Jeff Beck did a tour together!

Date: December 15, 2015 02:19

Naturalust
What is the source for him announcing the tour? I read that piece where he said he is going to get some new music together for 2016 but I don't recall any mention of a tour.

In fact, I think he mentioned that he didn't even have a band together yet, kind of hard to plan a tour without a band.

I think Jimmy is more serious about it this time, he's got to be aware of all the criticism he's received for doing nothing new for so long. Hoping for the best while expecting absolutely nothing.

Yes Naturalust - just a re-wording/regurgitation of snippets from the last several interviews he's done.

mighty stork
Was the last live tour when he went out on the road with The Black Crowes as his band? I thought that was pretty good stuff.

That was over 15 years ago, and there was nothing new or original about it as far as I recall - just Zep rehashed.

Date: December 15, 2015 02:27

like others said in this thread page does this a lot and nothing happens

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: December 15, 2015 06:49

Who is going to be doing the singing?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 15, 2015 07:28

Robert Plant's canary ......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 15, 2015 15:11

Jimmy Page is laughing all the way to the bank to cash those royalty checks from the latest edition of reissue's and what is funny to me is he is talking about putting a new band together which makes me chuckle because it sounds so familiar as someone else that just mentioned again about a new album coming out .well already then i will anxiously await with baited breath .

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253
Current Page: 53 of 53

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2077
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home