Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7
Re: Ot: 2012 tour de France
Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 19, 2012 18:51

Rolling Hansie
kleermaker
Wiggins was weaker than Froome. He didn't dare to let Froome go at the end. Otherwise Froome certainly would have won this stage.

Absolutely totally unbelievable. I understand teamorders (although I don't like them) but this was ridiculous. There was no danger for Wiggins' yellow jersey. How wonderful would it have been, and how much greater would it have made Wiggins if he let Froome go for the stage victory ? A missed opportunity for the SKY team.

thumbs up

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: July 19, 2012 20:32

Well the tour is over without any pressure on wiggins

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 20, 2012 12:42

© [www.letour.fr]

Friday, july 20th - Stage 18. 222.5km Blagnac / Brive-la-Gaillarde

Looks like a day for the sprinters.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: July 20, 2012 16:20

Rolling Hansie
© [www.letour.fr]

Friday, july 20th - Stage 18. 222.5km Blagnac / Brive-la-Gaillarde

Looks like a day for the sprinters.

One of the very last stages. Thanks again for the scheme, Hansie.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 20, 2012 16:46

Any more nails or doping cases? I'm afraid that's how far my interest in TdF goes these days... And TdF is a bit like F 1. It's decided beforehand that only 2 or 3 drivers will stand a chance to win. I rather watch the Olympics or World Championships where everbody will have a fair chance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-20 16:53 by Stoneage.

Date: July 20, 2012 17:24

Well predicted, Hansie. A mighty sprint by Cavendish.

I think tomorrow Wiggins will show his abilities and win the contre le montre.

Date: July 20, 2012 17:24

Cavendish, what an explosion in that sprint. I had to laugh when I saw Sanchez at full speed in his sprint, saw Cavendish passing him, and his whole body showed something like "what the F is that ?"

-------------------

Date: July 20, 2012 17:28

LOL kleermaker, we posted about the same thing at about the same time.

-------------------

Date: July 20, 2012 17:35

Stoneage
And TdF is a bit like F 1. It's decided beforehand that only 2 or 3 drivers will stand a chance to win.

I have no idea about your knowledge concerning the Tour de France, maybe you know things that I don't know, so I cannot comment on that.
But you got your facts wrong concerning Formula 1. We have had 9 races so far, with 7 different winners.

-------------------

Posted by: straycatblues73 ()
Date: July 20, 2012 18:29

Rolling Hansie
Stoneage
And TdF is a bit like F 1. It's decided beforehand that only 2 or 3 drivers will stand a chance to win.

I have no idea about your knowledge concerning the Tour de France, maybe you know things that I don't know, so I cannot comment on that.
But you got your facts wrong concerning Formula 1. We have had 9 races so far, with 7 different winners.

and some people say f1 is boring , then again some people dont watch the tour, can you believe that !

i was in paris when joop won the tour , ah , the glorious raleigh team . . .sky wouldnt have been a match for them . never .

Date: July 20, 2012 18:41

straycatblues73
Rolling Hansie
Stoneage

and some people say f1 is boring , then again some people dont watch the tour, can you believe that !

i was in paris when joop won the tour , ah , the glorious raleigh team . . .sky wouldnt have been a match for them . never .

F 1 does say nothing to me. But the Tour is always interesting, even when it's (a bit) boring.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: July 20, 2012 23:40

Hello,

Say what you like about Team Sky but they rode with a single-minded determination to give Cavendish a shot at the stage win.

He duly demolished the rest of them...astonishing speed! I wonder if they can do it again on Sunday and them Cav with the GB team next Saturday. I'll be there...yes!

Cheers,

Simon.

Date: July 21, 2012 01:34

SimonN
I'll be there...yes!

Right on Simon. I am sure you will have a great time. Wish I could join you. I love cycling races and I love to be in London. So, actually, yeah, I envy you

-------------------

Date: July 21, 2012 11:47

© [www.letour.fr]

Saturday, july 21st - Stage 19. 53.5km Bonneval / Chartres

Race against the clock today.
What if Froome rides 2 minutes and 6 seconds faster than Wiggins ?

-------------------

Date: July 21, 2012 13:01

Rolling Hansie
SimonN
I'll be there...yes!
Right on Simon. I am sure you will have a great time. Wish I could join you. I love cycling races and I love to be in London. So, actually, yeah, I envy you

Hi R.H.,

I think it's the anticipation and the pre-race atmosphere (a bit like the enjoyable hours before a concert at a fans get together!) that are the buzz, as much as the race itself.

We are lucky to have seats on The Mall: I hope to see Cav wind it up to 40mph+ and give me no chance of getting any decent photos, hah-hah!

Huge congratulations to Wiggo and Team Sky for their massive efforts this year, and to the Tourminator Peter Sagan and for Mr. Voeckler for fighting all the way. Bravo!

I'd better get out for a spin now- I have only 4 weeks before I start my own tour...

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: July 21, 2012 13:51

I still can't get over Cavendish yesterday, where the hell did he come from with that power surge. What a sprinter, I really hope he gets the final stage in Paris. Today should see Wiggins show why he will be the winner and I think he will really go for it in the time trial. Can't see Froome getting too close to making up 2 minutes and surely team orders would tell hi to slow up if he looked like he was - it won't happen though. Wiggins is the better at time trials. All in al a great tour for the SKY team and in particular for the Brits. Hope if the team stays together for next year that Wiggins repays the loyalty Froome has showed and they make him the number one rider.

Date: July 21, 2012 17:19

Rolling Hansie
© [www.letour.fr]

Saturday, july 21st - Stage 19. 53.5km Bonneval / Chartres

Race against the clock today.

In that case his team manager will tell him to slow down, unless a third dog will run with the bone.

Date: July 21, 2012 17:59

Actually I was joking

-------------------

Date: July 21, 2012 18:03

Van Garderen passes Evans

-------------------

Date: July 21, 2012 18:58

Rolling Hansie

Actually I was joking

I know Hansie. It would be impossible unless something bad would happen to Wiggins. But well, in life everything is possible. And you and me know that life and the Tour have much in common. Maybe that's why we're so fascinated every time the Tour is taking place.

I just heard Maarten Ducrot (ex-Tour cyclist: 5 times, 1 abandon; best ranking: 39; 1 stage won) say: I've just learned ... So even the experts and real insiders keep on learning about the Tour, just like we ordinary people keep on learning about life until we die.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 21, 2012 19:09

kleermaker
But well, in life everything is possible. And you and me know that life and the Tour have much in common. Maybe that's why we're so fascinated every time the Tour is taking place.

true,everything is possible in life.
just glad I share this experience with you without following the tour...
winking smiley

Date: July 21, 2012 19:31

shortfatfanny
kleermaker
But well, in life everything is possible. And you and me know that life and the Tour have much in common. Maybe that's why we're so fascinated every time the Tour is taking place.

true,everything is possible in life.
just glad I share this experience with you without following the tour...
winking smiley

You're apt to follow the next Tour, SFF!

Hansie, if you had to choose between the Tour and the EC football, what would you follow? And the same between the Tour and WC football. A hard question, isn't it?

Date: July 21, 2012 21:57

kleermaker
A hard question, isn't it?

No, not at all. Tour de France.

-------------------

Date: July 21, 2012 22:15

Rolling Hansie
kleermaker
A hard question, isn't it?

No, not at all. Tour de France.

Great answer Hans. I think I would say the same. I already miss the Tour, even while it's not totally over yet. The stage to Paris is always interesting.

Date: July 22, 2012 11:28

© [www.letour.fr]

Sunday, july 22nd - Stage 20. 120km Rambouillet / Paris Champs-Élysées

Last stage of this 99th edition of the Tour de France.
Best part of the last stage is usually the pictures of Paris.
And maybe the sprint in the end.

-------------------

Date: July 22, 2012 11:46

Hi R.H.,

How I wish I was there today: I have been lucky to be on Le Champs a few times since 2003 and it is always such a terrific atmosphere. I seem to remember the Dutch fans always marking out the same spot and getting down to some serious beer drinking, hah-hah!

Wiggins (and Team Sky) has worked so hard for this success, but I also am in awe of all the riders who make it to the finish line. Riding those cobbles is a thrill but these guys ought to try it in traffic!

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: July 22, 2012 16:03

For some reason I don't like wiggins

Posted by: straycatblues73 ()
Date: July 22, 2012 16:27

kleermaker
straycatblues73
Rolling Hansie
Stoneage

F 1 does say nothing to me. But the Tour is always interesting, even when it's (a bit) boring.

we used to split our time between f1 and cycling , one year we were at zandvoort on the friday and saturday then took a train to limburg to watch jan raas become world champ , what a weekend !
i get you about being "a bit boring" but there is always something going on in the rest of the peloton.
please tell me more about tejay , we dont get much news about ( semi ) dutch riders in the uk and he seems the best bet fot us now .
what is the deal about robert geesink ? he hasnt achieved anything in the last few years has he ? is he good enough ?

Date: July 22, 2012 18:32

What a sprint by Cavendish. Unbelievable. And Wiggins working for him to get him into a good position. Great teamwork.

-------------------

Date: July 22, 2012 18:53

Rolling Hansie
What a sprint by Cavendish. Unbelievable. And Wiggins working for him to get him into a good position. Great teamwork.

Indeed, but a bit predictable. Anyway, the Tour is over. Not a great Tour, but certainly interesting and nice to see a British cyclist win.

I hope there will be more contenders for the yellow jersey next year: Wiggins, Froome, Nibali, of course the half Dutchman Van Garderen and maybe our Belgian friend Van den Broeck.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1768
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home