Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637Next
Current Page: 36 of 37
Re: Forget the rumours, the new boot IS LA '75!
Posted by: muenke ()
Date: April 28, 2012 22:29

Eric and Dan: it´s enough ......

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 28, 2012 23:18

IMPORTANT:

Please do NOT use this thread (or others) for personal disputes. Think twice before you post, and stick to the subject please. Then life will be a lot more easy for all of us. Thanks!

Bjornulf
IORR Editor

I LOVE THE STONES
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 28, 2012 23:19

Erik and Dan. I am really sorry that it came this far.
I haven't read all the messages and I don't want to judge.
But please, aren't we all here because we love the Stones ?

Edit: Thank you Bjornulf

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-28 23:23 by Rolling Hansie.

Re: I LOVE THE STONES
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 28, 2012 23:51

Rolling Hansie

We really go for nothing now, if we really want to go that far....

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: April 29, 2012 00:07

Rolling Hansie

I apologize to everyone for getting into this dispute publicly. Yes, we should all be here because we love the Stones, and we should be able to have fun here and if we disagree, disagree like civil adults. I don't want to rehash everything, but if the posts haven't been read, all I did was express an opinion. When questioned about it, I offered some clarification. For that, I was told I didn't mean what I wrote, I was faking it, that I was an "idiot," and finally to "f#%k" off." All just because the other poster was convinced I didn't mean what I was saying. I don't appreciate being cursed out because someone doesn't like my expressed opinion on a Rolling Stones matter. I tried to be polite and still was told to "f#$k off." I never attacked back in like manner. I don't come here to be harrassed for my opinions. Aren't there rules about such things. If I were in charge, Mr. Snow would be forbidden have an account here. His posts provide ample evidence. I merely defended myself. Sorry if all this aggravated others who had to wade through all the rubbish.

Date: April 29, 2012 00:10

Erik_Snow
We really go for nothing now, if we really want to go that far....

Then don't let it go that far.
Always stay in control of yourself.
You are the one to decide what you post ... or don't post.
Come On man.
I met you only once, in London 2007 at the bar of the Savoy, together with Blue Lena and Dave, Rockman and my very own Dear Lady Anne.
We had a great time that evening as I had many great times with many Stonesfriends on many Stonestours.
That's what I always keep in mind.
Those great memories are way to precious to throw away simply because you don't agree with somebody who loves the Stones probably just as much as you do.
And now I have to stop, because this is getting way OT smiling smiley

-------------------

Date: April 29, 2012 00:15

stonesdan60
I apologize to everyone for getting into this dispute publicly.

Good enough for me Dan.
For the rest just read my post for Erik, except for the part that we met in person.
I didn't have that pleasure with you ... yet ... maybe on the next tour

-------------------

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: April 29, 2012 01:01

Oh brother

Date: April 29, 2012 02:28

Rolling Hansie
stonesdan60

Good enough for me Dan.
For the rest just read my post for Erik, except for the part that we met in person.

This is a problem I'm trying to learn to deal with. I've learned that in general, if someone on a message board disagrees with you, nothing will convince them otherwise. I've tried to learn to just ignore such types - especially when they launch the verbal abuse. I should have clicked my mental "ignore" button long before things got nasty and avoided all that followed. I try to be a nice person and I love talking about music and the Stones with others. It's fun. That's why I come here. Guess I just had a reminder that's it's best to just ignore those who spew personal attacks and look for fights. I'm looking for cyber-friends who like the Stones. I don't come here to bicker and deal with abuse. There's enough of that in real life!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 29, 2012 02:42

stonesdan60
This is a problem I'm trying to learn to deal with. I've learned that in general, if someone on a message board disagrees with you, nothing will convince them otherwise. I've tried to learn to just ignore such types - especially when they launch the verbal abuse. I should have clicked my mental "ignore" button long before things got nasty and avoided all that followed. I try to be a nice person and I love talking about music and the Stones with others. It's fun. That's why I come here. Guess I just had a reminder that's it's best to just ignore those who spew personal attacks and look for fights. I'm looking for cyber-friends who like the Stones. I don't come here to bicker and deal with abuse. There's enough of that in real life!
thumbs upright on Dan

note to self-
read this post of Dan's often and try to abide by it... really this time!! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-29 02:56 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: April 29, 2012 03:48

Max'sKansasCity
stonesdan60
thumbs upright on Dan

note to self-
read this post of Dan's often and try to abide by it... really this time!! smiling smiley

smileys with beer

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: April 29, 2012 15:34

stonesdan60
Rolling Hansie
stonesdan60

Good enough for me Dan.

Well, you've made two posts since bv asked you to play nice, and in both you continued to trash Erik, while pretending to be above all the bickering. Erik has given us tons of substantive insight and information over the years, and he's shared a lot of rare Stones music, too. So, it's just not correct to characterize him as one who's just here to "spew personal attacks and look for fights."

I do wish you luck with friendlier discussions, though, Dan. You seem a good sort most days.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-29 15:40 by texas fan.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: April 29, 2012 15:34

Max'sKansasCity

stonesdan60
right on Dan

note to self-
read this post of Dan's often and try to abide by it... really this time!!

You're both spot on lads!!! My 2 favourite members from across the pond Stones Dan and MaxKansas City! Nice one and Golden rings on ya!!!

Date: April 29, 2012 16:36

MadMax
Max'sKansasCity

stonesdan60
right on Dan

note to self-
read this post of Dan's often and try to abide by it... really this time!!

You're both spot on lads!!! My 2 favourite members from across the pond Stones Dan and MaxKansas City! Nice one and Golden rings on ya!!!

Why, thank you kindly! Peace...

Date: April 29, 2012 16:40

texas fan
stonesdan60
Rolling Hansie
stonesdan60

Good enough for me Dan.

Well, you've made two posts since bv asked you to play nice, and in both you continued to trash Erik, while pretending to be above all the bickering. Erik has given us tons of substantive insight and information over the years, and he's shared a lot of rare Stones music, too. So, it's just not correct to characterize him as one who's just here to "spew personal attacks and look for fights."

I do wish you luck with friendlier discussions, though, Dan. You seem a good sort most days.

Just trying to defend myself as I was the one cursed out for having an opinion. That's all.

Date: April 29, 2012 22:34

are you people done your little spat yet?

*I personally find Richards a far more interesting player in '75 than in '73.* (Mathjis)

- that's interesting. keith was pretty potent IMO in both years. keith's guitar to me was always like the skeleton of the stones sound, and the rest from the other musicians was the flesh; with no skeleton the flesh would just fall off. for sure there was more interplay in 75, with Woody there, kind of the way the band was originally built around a two-guitar sound, the 'weaving' thing, (to me, anyway, 'weaving' means REALLY listening to each other’s sounds and responding, creating a whole different sound based on spontanaeity and impulse) and there was generally more going on around him (Ollie Brown - percussion etc) in 75 giving him more and different (than 73) stuff to hear and play off. although yeah he was originally a chuck berry acolyte richards's genius ithink is how he pretty much invented the way to blur forever the line between lead and rhythm guitar with a totally original riffing technique, and also his 5-string open tuning (with or without capo) idea which ingeniously facilitated adding the melodic notes to major chords

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: April 29, 2012 22:43

I get it, Dan. Enjoy your day.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 30, 2012 23:45

texas fan

Nice to see you, my good friend
But you aren't supposed to chime in here. Only people like Dan and Max are the "leaders" here

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-30 23:48 by Erik_Snow.

Date: May 1, 2012 00:08

Erik_Snow
texas fan

Nice to see you, my good friend
But you aren't supposed to chime in here. Only people like Dan and Max are the "leaders" here

lol

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 1, 2012 01:52

Only an idiot argues with one.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: May 1, 2012 14:49

Well to me Stones Dan and MAx Kansas City are among the most happy, positive and hungry lads on this forum with never a bad word for another member. So this dispute is rather ridicolous, remeber, we'll all meet (hopefully) for at least a party/show/gathering. It IS unevitable!
Remember, It's Only Rock n Roll.

Date: May 1, 2012 17:46

MadMax
Well to me Stones Dan and MAx Kansas City are among the most happy, positive and hungry lads on this forum with never a bad word for another member. So this dispute is rather ridicolous, remeber, we'll all meet (hopefully) for at least a party/show/gathering. It IS unevitable!
Remember, It's Only Rock n Roll.

well, rarely a bad word anyway smiling smiley... but sometimes this place can get pretty rough and justice is due.... but I come to IORR for fun. There are plenty of other message boards which deal with more serious matters, and I try to leave the serious attitude there... I like IORR more for fun talk / music talk.

So right back at you Max, you are correct Sir,
Its Only Rock and Roll, see yuou at the show!!

I LOVE THE STONES
Date: May 1, 2012 18:00

Hey, I feel left out and neglected smiling smiley

-------------------

Date: May 1, 2012 18:02

Hans, have I told you that YOU ARE THE MAN recently?

HANS, YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

Date: May 1, 2012 18:06

LOL Max smileys with beer Cheers

-------------------

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 1, 2012 18:21

Max'sKansasCity

HANS, YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

Max, thas is a very nice compliment to Hansie. But tell me, I can understand that you use this big format to say this. But why in red and not in orange?

Date: May 1, 2012 18:29

kleermaker
Max'sKansasCity

HANS, YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

Max, thas is a very nice compliment to Hansie. But tell me, I can understand that you use this big format to say this. But why in red and not in orange?
Hi Kleer,
Because when Hans YELLS!! his preferred color seems to red AND BIG!!.... then again I am partially color blind, so I could be missing the whole idea.

Plus orange might be something that should held special for HUP HUP World Cup, maybe?

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 1, 2012 18:42

Max'sKansasCity
kleermaker
Max'sKansasCity

HANS, YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

Hi Kleer,
Because when Hans YELLS!! his preferred color seems to red AND BIG!!.... then again I am partially color blind, so I could be missing the whole idea.

Plus orange might be something that should held special for HUP HUP World Cup, maybe?

Ah, you should have made your compliment yesterday Max, when we had Queen's Day here! Then the whole country is coloured orange, which even colour blind people can see. But today it's Labour Day, so using the colour of red is appropriate indeed.

Btw: does Hansie ever yell? I always thought he only whispers very softly when he is a little bit upset. Because he's never really mad, which is to praise.

Date: May 1, 2012 18:49

kleermaker

Btw: does Hansie ever yell?
No

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-02 04:04 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 2, 2012 16:37

I was just at Google Play to see if I could get some insight why my music player isn't working to well this morning. Found no help yet. Any other IORRians use the service and have insight or problems recently?

Anyway, the main reason for my posting is the fact that on the main page, under the heading "This Week's $3.99 Album Deals" is "L.A. Friday". Not that I'm upset with having spent $4.99 the day it came out or anything. I was just surprised to see it discounted. Because I purchased Hampton & Brussels there, it doesn't show me the purchase price, just the option to play them.

Head's up to anyone who hasn't purchased and was thinking about it... This may be the week to do so... 20% off...

Peace,
Mr DJA

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637Next
Current Page: 36 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1734
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home