Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 37
Re: Forget the rumours, the new boot IS LA '75!
Posted by: LieB ()
Date: April 2, 2012 18:57

GumbootCloggeroo
Naturalust

Is it just me or is the tempo superfast on most of these tracks?
cocaine.

grinning smiley smoking smiley

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 2, 2012 19:09

Erik_Snow

July 13th is top notch, but allready available in EX quality.

I just compared it quickly with LA Friday, the LaughingSam remaster, and it actually is remarkable how good that audience tape is. There really isn't much difference, funnily. Of course the SB has better separation, and Jagger's vocals are much better, but over-all I am surprised this audience recording is such a good representation of the actual show.

Mathijs

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 2, 2012 19:10

liddas
This is just fantastic!!!

I think that these Archive releases have laid the basis for finally settling the enldess Wood/Taylor debate: as a matter of fact the band was red hot 69 - 82!!!

C

What did we get from the Taylor era? After Ladies & Gentlemen in a very bad sound quality? Only an inferior Brussels show, with Taylor way too low in the mix. That's all. The best from the Taylor era will never be released, but if so, Taylor will always be very low in the mix, so it will never be the best.

The band I heard in 76 and 82 wasn't a shadow of the band I heard in 73. Case closed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-02 19:17 by kleermaker.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 2, 2012 19:14

LieB
GumbootCloggeroo
Naturalust

Is it just me or is the tempo superfast on most of these tracks?
cocaine.

grinning smiley smoking smiley

well it must have been Freddie's pure stuff cause it sure didn't affect these guys ability to play their instruments! Mick's voice takes on an amazing growl I have not heard before or since. And Ronnie is holding his parts down with style, it's kinda too bad he never went anywhere past this, imho.

This is way better than Hampton or Texas shows! Nice selection of tunes, GREAT GREAT re-mixing and mastering , I am a sceptic and can't find anything wrong with it yet! peace

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 2, 2012 19:16

Mathijs
Erik_Snow

July 13th is top notch, but allready available in EX quality.

I just compared it quickly with LA Friday, the LaughingSam remaster, and it actually is remarkable how good that audience tape is. There really isn't much difference, funnily. Of course the SB has better separation, and Jagger's vocals are much better, but over-all I am surprised this audience recording is such a good representation of the actual show.

Mathijs

I am not surprised; maybe you haven't heard Mike Millard's recordings of Clapton or Led Zeppelin in LA. Millard made PERFECT recordings from his wheel-chair.

And the existing July 13th show is THE BEST audience recording we have of Rolling Stones, EVER.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: April 2, 2012 19:20

kleermaker
liddas

I think that these Archive releases have laid the basis for finally settling the enldess Wood/Taylor debate: as a matter of fact the band was red hot 69 - 82!!!

C

What did we get from the Taylor era? After Ladies & Gentlemen in a very bad sound quality? Only an inferior Brussels show, with Taylor way too low in the mix. That's all. The best from the Taylor era will never be released, but if so, Taylor will always be very low in the mix, so it will never be the best.

The band I heard in 76 and 82 wasn't a shadow of the band I heard in 73. Case closed.

Nonsense. Brussel is fine, with Taylor mixed in balance with the rest of the instruments. It's called a mix.

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: April 2, 2012 19:25

Still downloading it. Thanks to at&t its taking much longer than it should. Sounds very good and Ronnie and Keith both sound great. Only complaint is they took a little too much of the low end off the guitars during the remastering, but I think they always seem to do.that on stones live albums except ya-yas. Overall A+!!

Go Dawgs!

Date: April 2, 2012 19:34

kleermaker
liddas

C

hahaha, that's really sad actually! First we finally get a truly superb recording of a super show with Taylor. It shows that, although Taylor is fantastic, he in the end isn't god. Then we get some super shows with Ron Wood (Texas 78, Hampton 81, now LA 75), which really shows that the Wood shows where quite fantastic, and certainly on par with Taylor shows.

And what do you say? It's the sound that's not making Taylor shine. Man, how sad. The mix of Brussels is fantastic, just as the mix from LA and Hampton are fantastic. Sure, Taylor is subdued at times, because when he doesn't play lead he doesn't really add much to the sound. When Wood doesn't play lead, he plays great rhythm and really fills up the sound.

Mathijs

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: April 2, 2012 19:36

stop it with Taylor addiction. Ronnie was amazing in 75/76 and Taylor is enough documented with the 72 bluray, Brussels and more sdb tapes.
Just missing is a 70 show like PARIS.

Of course Millard made a great job thanks to the chair at the perfect place and LA Friday is still one of the best tape. look how 89 tour (14 years later with better techno) is poorly documented with audience tapes.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Date: April 2, 2012 19:40

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-03 10:49 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: April 2, 2012 19:48

Mathijs
My god this is just fantastic! Brilliant! From what I heard it all is the 13th, and it doesn't sound like it is altered in any way other than that they modernized Jagger's harp as they did with Brussels. It also sounds less brickwalled and compressed than Hampton by the way.

Mathijs

I noticed this modern sounding harp..for a second I wondered if it had been overdubbed by MJ this year. I wonder how they got it to sound like this?

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: April 2, 2012 19:49

It's not too compressed or brick walled

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: April 2, 2012 19:49

Erik_Snow
Mathijs
kleermaker
liddas

C

hahaha, that's really sad actually! First we finally get a truly superb recording of a super show with Taylor. It shows that, although Taylor is fantastic, he in the end isn't god. Then we get some super shows with Ron Wood (Texas 78, Hampton 81, now LA 75), which really shows that the Wood shows where quite fantastic, and certainly on par with Taylor shows.

And what do you say? It's the sound that's not making Taylor shine. Man, how sad. The mix of Brussels is fantastic, just as the mix from LA and Hampton are fantastic. Sure, Taylor is subdued at times, because when he doesn't play lead he doesn't really add much to the sound. When Wood doesn't play lead, he plays great rhythm and really fills up the sound.

Mathijs

Right you are, Mathijs. I'm a BIG Taylor fan; yet my favourite tour ever in TOTA 1975. 1975 - 1977 and 1978 features some of the best concerts Rolling Stones ever did. Yes....1972 is the ultimate tour; but still....it's not at all all due to Taylor. Glad we got this "Brussels Affair of 1975" finally. Just hoping that it's not too compressed and brickwalled.

I prefer 1969. So there.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to listening to this release smiling smiley

Date: April 2, 2012 19:55

WeLoveYou
Erik_Snow
Mathijs
kleermaker
liddas

C

Mathijs

Right you are, Mathijs. I'm a BIG Taylor fan; yet my favourite tour ever in TOTA 1975. 1975 - 1977 and 1978 features some of the best concerts Rolling Stones ever did. Yes....1972 is the ultimate tour; but still....it's not at all all due to Taylor. Glad we got this "Brussels Affair of 1975" finally. Just hoping that it's not too compressed and brickwalled.

I prefer 1969. So there.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to listening to this release smiling smiley

"So there"

"So there"...."so what" ?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 2, 2012 19:57

GREAT THREAD !!!

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: April 2, 2012 19:58

hell yes........a '75 show!

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: April 2, 2012 19:59

A full 1975 set from the multitracks, one of my Holy Grails!

This is going to put the 1975 tour bashers to shame...

I´ve only listened to the samples so far but it seems like everything is from the 13th, it seems like they even kept that glorius trainwreck version of Happy. Hopefully, they left Mick´s in between song talk ("I think I´m gonna to take a sh*t now") intact as well.

This is an incredible release, I can´t wait to hear the whole thing!

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 2, 2012 19:59

If there is ever a really good boot with the 1969 shows at the LA Forum,
I could die happy!

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: April 2, 2012 20:07

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: April 2, 2012 20:08

I just love it when people use terms like "case closed" after making the most unconvincing argument imaginable.

The comments by Mathijs are far more convincing and, you know, based in reality.

This '75 show kicks serious booty.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: April 2, 2012 20:08

So far I like everything I've heard, though I'm only about 1/3 through it.

As for what night it is, between Star Star and Gimme Shelter, Mick says "This is our last night in Los Angeles... this year". That the 13th?

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: April 2, 2012 20:14

Good news...I did tell you all it would be LA Friday...they were selling the cover picture on a mug about a month ago. THey wouldn't have done that if they weren't about to release it officially. Nobody listened!

The samples sound great and I personally enjoy the 75/76 era, I was 16 and they were ruling the world in terms of Rock n Roll and Keith was so cool (despite being wasted into eternity) Jagger was the consumate front man at this time, flambuoyant, dirty, bad and full of mischief...good times, and I can't wait until us in the Uk can get hold of this.

Thanks for the samples =appreciate it.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: April 2, 2012 20:14

kleermaker
liddas

C

+1 Taylor years has so much gold it's impossibly to match but they really should have mixed the guitars better on the Brussels release. Id love to see a 1972 and 1973 release that isnt too cleaned up. And as always there are better shows.

Date: April 2, 2012 20:16

WeLoveYou
Mathijs
My god this is just fantastic! Brilliant! From what I heard it all is the 13th, and it doesn't sound like it is altered in any way other than that they modernized Jagger's harp as they did with Brussels. It also sounds less brickwalled and compressed than Hampton by the way.

Mathijs

I noticed this modern sounding harp..for a second I wondered if it had been overdubbed by MJ this year. I wonder how they got it to sound like this?

Basically you either use a good plug in of an amp simulator, or you route it to an actual valve amp and overdrive it, and this signal you route back.

LA 75 doesn't sound as pumped up as Hampton or even Brussels (the drums mainly), but it does miss some fatness. I guess that must be the mp3 format.

Mathijs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-02 20:19 by Mathijs.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 2, 2012 20:16

Mathijs
kleermaker
liddas

C

Mathijs

The mix of the Brussels official isn't good, it's worse than the bootleg Brussels. It's flat and it doesn't breath. Besides Taylor is too low in the mix. I'm not the only one who noticed that. It's also not a very good show, compared to Rotterdam, the first Brussels, some London shows, Berlin and even more.

Recall your own words when you said that Brussels second was inferior, before it was an official bootleg. You forgot that the moment it was officially released. Well, what happened to your ears?

Your remark that Taylor doesn't add much when he's not playing lead is the biggest nonsense I ever heard (not to say bollocks). It's only much too low in the mix.

Anyway, gimme all Taylor shows instead of the inferior band the Stones became when their lead guitarist left. I heard it with my own, damn good ears live.

I don't give a fukc for those Hampton and Texas shows. Thin guitars, hardly adding to any melody at all. So called weaving, making two guitars sound like one. Ridiculous. No magic there at all. Average performances of some great songs.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 2, 2012 20:17

Its the 13th throughout...

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: April 2, 2012 20:20

crumbling_mice
Good news...I did tell you all it would be LA Friday...they were selling the cover picture on a mug about a month ago. THey wouldn't have done that if they weren't about to release it officially. Nobody listened!

The samples sound great and I personally enjoy the 75/76 era, I was 16 and they were ruling the world in terms of Rock n Roll and Keith was so cool (despite being wasted into eternity) Jagger was the consumate front man at this time, flambuoyant, dirty, bad and full of mischief...good times, and I can't wait until us in the Uk can get hold of this.

Thanks for the samples =appreciate it.

They've been selling the Australia '73 tour lithograph (similar to the one on the cover of Back Strap Jacket) for a while now, does that mean they're going to release that? I hope so, that's my favorite bootleg. Though I admittedly don't own many. Never been a big bootleg collector.

Date: April 2, 2012 20:22

All hail 1975! Where can I download this right now? I need 1975 or I will fade away!

Date: April 2, 2012 20:23

kleermaker
Mathijs
kleermaker
liddas

C

Mathijs

The mix of the Brussels official isn't good, it's worse than the bootleg Brussels. It's flat and it doesn't breath. Besides Taylor is too low in the mix. I'm not the only one who noticed that. It's also not a very good show, compared to Rotterdam, the first Brussels, some London shows, Berlin and even more.

Recall your own words when you said that Brussels second was inferior, before it was an official bootleg. You forgot that the moment it was officially released. Well, what happened to your ears?

Your remark that Taylor doesn't add much when he's not playing lead is the biggest nonsense I ever heard (not to say bollocks). It's only much too low in the mix.

Anyway, gimme all Taylor shows instead of the inferior band the Stones became when their lead guitarist left. I heard it with my own, damn good ears live.

I don't give a fukc for those Hampton and Texas shows. Thin guitars, hardly adding to any melody at all. So called weaving, making two guitars sound like one. Ridiculous. No magic there at all. Average performances of some great songs.

+1 But c'mon help me, I need 1975!! Link please?

Posted by: Fuman2 ()
Date: April 2, 2012 20:24

kleermaker
Mathijs
kleermaker
liddas

C

Mathijs

I happen to agree with Kleermaker's opinion, but let's remember that none of this is "based in reality", it's simply our opinion. Oh, and it's also Jagger and Wyman's opinion from what I have read. Don't recall hearing them speak about how Ronnie's playing has improved the bands sound, maybe someone here has some quotes?

I think someone here once wrote:
"when did Ron Wood delude himself into thinking a grimace constituted a guitar solo?"

That sums up my appreciation of his live Stones work, although I love his solo albums.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 934
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home