Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 37
Re: Forget the rumours, the new boot IS LA '75!
Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: April 2, 2012 20:25

This is really good news, finally a '75 show - and even my favorite! Can anybody confirm that GS is from the 13th?

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: April 2, 2012 20:27

S.T.P
This is really good news, finally a '75 show - and even my favorite! Can anybody confirm that GS is from the 13th?

As I posted earlier, during between song chatter Mick said it was their last night in L.A. So unless they edited in songs or something it is the 13th show.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 2, 2012 20:30

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-03 10:48 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: April 2, 2012 20:32

liddas
This is just fantastic!!!

I think that these Archive releases have laid the basis for finally settling the enldess Wood/Taylor debate: as a matter of fact the band was red hot 69 - 82!!!

C
I'm still hoping for a Brian Jones era show as well...
Imagine having the BBC radio shows..

Date: April 2, 2012 20:37

Christ, if we complain about the Brussels mix, we´ll never be happy with any product the Stones will release...

To my ears this might be the best concert mix ever, Taylor nicely merged with the BAND´s sound, which imo is the most important thing.

It is The Rolling Stones we wanna hear? Or else, we can always follow Mick Taylor the solo artist. His recordings might have his guitar higher in the mix?

I can´t wait to get this LA 75-release! thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-02 20:55 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: April 2, 2012 20:38

Erik_Snow

And the existing July 13th show is THE BEST audience recording we have of Rolling Stones, EVER.

Y E S !!!

may I repeat it:

Y E S !!

Date: April 2, 2012 20:39

Whale
liddas

I think that these Archive releases have laid the basis for finally settling the enldess Wood/Taylor debate: as a matter of fact the band was red hot 69 - 82!!!

C

I agree. Though I don't really know what show is the best, and when somebody brings up the BBC shows people say there is already a good bootleg of that. Of course that's what people have said about all of these archive releases, though these sound far superior to any of the bootlegs I've heard. But that's my ears. I think people would rather have something they don't have at all, even if what they have is not all that great quality, just to fill the gaps, which is understandable I guess. Personally I'd rather have professionally made/mixed versions of the things I already have that aren't the greatest quality.

I don't think the archives will be complete without at least one Jones era release. Has to be done.

Date: April 2, 2012 20:43

NoCode0680
S.T.P

As I posted earlier, during between song chatter Mick said it was their last night in L.A. So unless they edited in songs or something it is the 13th show.

Thanks, I guess it's all there then.

Date: April 2, 2012 20:46

S.T.P
NoCode0680
S.T.P

Reading what I posted, it sounded kind of rude. Didn't mean it to be, I was just saying I posted it earlier so it didn't sound like I was repeating myself for the hell of it.

Somebody said that before Happy, Mick says something about going to take a dump. I just got to that part of the show, and Mick doesn't say that. Maybe they got it mixed up with another show? Otherwise it was edited out. I don't know why Mick would say that because he stays on stage and sings for it. The version is a bit of a trainwreck as advertised though.

Date: April 2, 2012 20:49

I'm a bit disappointed in Clearmountain for not using his chance and bring out the July 12th or July 9th show - as it's even better than July 13th. A man only get THAT many chances in his life. But I guess the American way is to "bring it safe back home"

Date: April 2, 2012 20:52

Could this be a mixture of shows? Right before Tumbling Dice, Mick is asking the crowd if they "went to church today". Who goes to church on a Friday? Of course Mick could just be out of his mind high and not know what day it is.

Date: April 2, 2012 20:53

Erik_Snow
I'm a bit disappointed in Clearmountain for not using his chance and bring out the July 12th or July 9th show - as it's even better than July 13th. A man only get THAT many chances in his life. But I guess the American way is to "bring it safe back home"

I would think that The Stones probably have the say in which shows are chosen and Bob probably just mixes them. That's what I would imagine anyway.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: April 2, 2012 20:54

Let's only talk about what is relevant in this topic (LA 1975!) and NOT about other things (start your own topic kleermaker!)

Date: April 2, 2012 20:54

NoCode0680
Could this be a mixture of shows? Right before Tumbling Dice, Mick is asking the crowd if they "went to church today". Who goes to church on a Friday? Of course Mick could just be out of his mind high and not know what day it is.

Ehem, the reason is that is that this recording comes from LA Sunday (July 13th). "LA Friday" is just the bootleg title

Date: April 2, 2012 20:55

Erik_Snow
NoCode0680

Ehem, the reason is that is that this recording comes from LA Sunday (July 13th). "LA Friday" is just the bootleg title

Ah, I see. What's the purpose of calling it L.A. Friday then? I don't get that, and surely I'm not an idiot for thinking the title meant it was a Friday show.

Date: April 2, 2012 20:56

NoCode0680
S.T.P
NoCode0680
S.T.P

Reading what I posted, it sounded kind of rude. Didn't mean it to be, I was just saying I posted it earlier so it didn't sound like I was repeating myself for the hell of it.

Somebody said that before Happy, Mick says something about going to take a dump. I just got to that part of the show, and Mick doesn't say that. Maybe they got it mixed up with another show? Otherwise it was edited out. I don't know why Mick would say that because he stays on stage and sings for it. The version is a bit of a trainwreck as advertised though.

Hei, no problem. I didn't think it sounded rude. Anyway, Mick jokes about having time to take a siht because Keith and Ronnie use ages to get their guitars tunedsmiling smiley IMO, too bad if they edited that out.

NoCode0680
Erik_Snow

I would think that The Stones probably have the say in which shows are chosen and Bob probably just mixes them. That's what I would imagine anyway.

I doubt it. I bet Keith and Mick have no fückin idea about what's in their vaults.....based on so many things they've said and done, throughout the years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-02 20:56 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()

Thirteenth

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: April 2, 2012 21:02

NoCode0680
Whale
liddas

C

I agree. Though I don't really know what show is the best, and when somebody brings up the BBC shows people say there is already a good bootleg of that. Of course that's what people have said about all of these archive releases, though these sound far superior to any of the bootlegs I've heard. But that's my ears. I think people would rather have something they don't have at all, even if what they have is not all that great quality, just to fill the gaps, which is understandable I guess. Personally I'd rather have professionally made/mixed versions of the things I already have that aren't the greatest quality.

I don't think the archives will be complete without at least one Jones era release. Has to be done.

I agree. There are very good sounding concert tapes, not only from the BBC recordings. If you have in mind that the concerts in this period were very short (scarcely more than 30 minutes) it should be a compilation out of many good sounding SB takes adding maybe the brilliant Chess stuff. I don't know exactly, but I think there is no restriction on live boots.

Date: April 2, 2012 21:05

The mix is starting to sound kind of bad about halfway through the show. During Tumbling Dice it started sounding a bit staticy to me, I thought maybe it was my speakers, but I put on the headphones and it's still there. It continued through the Band Intros, and sounds like it's Mick's microphone, and it's continuing through It's Only Rock N' Roll. Anybody else getting this? Maybe I'm having a hardware issue or got a bad copy or something.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 2, 2012 21:13

NoCode0680
The mix is starting to sound kind of bad about halfway through the show. During Tumbling Dice it started sounding a bit staticy to me, I thought maybe it was my speakers, but I put on the headphones and it's still there. It continued through the Band Intros, and sounds like it's Mick's microphone, and it's continuing through It's Only Rock N' Roll. Anybody else getting this? Maybe I'm having a hardware issue or got a bad copy or something.

There is some crackle. Nothing too distracting here...

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: April 2, 2012 21:19

NoCode0680
Erik_Snow
NoCode0680

Ah, I see. What's the purpose of calling it L.A. Friday then? I don't get that, and surely I'm not an idiot for thinking the title meant it was a Friday show.

even VGP made this mistake. someone must have mixed up the dates in the past
and stonesarchive just took the misleading title, because it is known to the fans, as is bruxelles affair.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: April 2, 2012 21:23

As a matter of interest, how much are they charging for it in the US? Does anyone know what they will charge in the UK?

Date: April 2, 2012 21:29

Munichhilton
NoCode0680

There is some crackle. Nothing too distracting here...

It was less noticeable with the headphones, my computer speakers really enhanced it though. It seems to have died out at some point during It's Only Rock N Roll though.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 2, 2012 21:29

NoCode0680

Moslems.

Bit daft to give the boot a misleading title. Especially as there was a boot from the 13th July show many years ago called 'Who went to Church This Sunday?'

How are non-US fans hearing this show when its only available on google music in the US until it's available via the stonesarchive.com site?

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 2, 2012 21:31

falo01
NoCode0680
Erik_Snow
NoCode0680

even VGP made this mistake. someone must have mixed up the dates in the past
and stonesarchive just took the misleading title, because it is known to the fans, as is bruxelles affair.

Actually I thought it was VGP who made the mistake when they released the show. They released LA Connection and LA Friday at the same time, and LA Friday back then was actually the video of the 11th show, which was named after the a press review of the Friday show.

Mathijs

Date: April 2, 2012 21:31

Gazza

How are non-US fans hearing this show when its only available on google music in the US until it's available via the stonesarchive.com site?

I guess somebody is sharing it.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: April 2, 2012 21:33

for those who already have been able to listen to the new treasure, how do you compare it to the VGP 082 L.A Friday ?

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 2, 2012 21:45

kleermaker
The mix of the Brussels official isn't good, it's worse than the bootleg Brussels. It's flat and it doesn't breath. Besides Taylor is too low in the mix. I'm not the only one who noticed that. It's also not a very good show, compared to Rotterdam, the first Brussels, some London shows, Berlin and even more.

Recall your own words when you said that Brussels second was inferior, before it was an official bootleg. You forgot that the moment it was officially released. Well, what happened to your ears?

Your remark that Taylor doesn't add much when he's not playing lead is the biggest nonsense I ever heard (not to say bollocks). It's only much too low in the mix.

It's actually quite funny that you even copy my text (bollocks) and opinions (Berlin, London and first Brussels being better).

Anyway, where you do get wrong is that I said the second Brussels was inferior. What I said is that I think the bootlegs as we knew them so well are better as they feature a mix of shows -they took the best performances of various shows, like GS, Heartbreaker, Happy and SFM from the Wembley show, and some songs simply are better from the 1st show, like Dancing WMD. I also said that you have to get used to the new songs, as we've been listening to the first show for 25 years.

But what I said is that the official Brussels release really is and was the best thing we could ever hope for -an excellent 1973 show in superb quality. The mix is fantastic in my opinion, with everything bright and clear. Taylor certainly isn't down in the mix -in fact, he is louder in the mix than on most boots. All his little fills and riffs can finally be heard properly. And yes, I am of the opinion that Taylor was a fantastic lead player, but not much of a rhythm guitar player. His rhythm guitar playing actually is quite absent on tracks like Happy, Mr. D., Brown Sugar and RTJ. I prefer the drive Wood ads to Midnight Rambler by teaming up with Richards wih the main riff, over what Taylor did rhythmically with Rambler -Taylor added not much until he could play lead over the middle section.

Mathijs

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 2, 2012 21:47

Gazza

There are preview clips on GM, or are those also not accesible for non-US surfers?

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1971
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home