Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 37
Re: Forget the rumours, the new boot IS LA '75!
Posted by: LieB ()
Date: April 2, 2012 17:12

Redhotcarpet
O - M - G Sympathy never sounded better! Of course there are other versions from 1975, goes for the whole boot. But finally the sound is crisp and clear. Just wish they'd make a perfect collection of 1975 and 1976. And this is not that.

In the long run, the only way to make a "perfect collection" in every fan's view, would be to release all concerts complete in perfect quality and let everyone make their own playlists. Anything else would be "perfect" only to some people and a disappointment to others. Even Love You Love was an attempt at a "perfect" collection, by the band (or those involved) for its time. But it wasn't all that good and it hasn't aged well. So at least this new archive release will be a very good companion to that.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: April 2, 2012 17:24

COOL! Thank you, Rolling Stones.
Will have to wait another day, but nothing beats the thrill of anticipation.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: April 2, 2012 17:36

It's pretty good

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 2, 2012 17:45

Ah, Christmas again tomorrow! And it's the first Stones show I ever saw. Great.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 2, 2012 17:48

My god this is just fantastic! Brilliant! From what I heard it all is the 13th, and it doesn't sound like it is altered in any way other than that they modernized Jagger's harp as they did with Brussels. It also sounds less brickwalled and compressed than Hampton by the way.

Mathijs

Date: April 2, 2012 17:49

Heartbreaker rips

Date: April 2, 2012 17:50

The overall sound is sweet, fingerprint file is also a stand out

Date: April 2, 2012 17:54

Lots of billy Preston, but keef is up in mix

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 2, 2012 17:58

alimente
falo01
a mixture ? jesus, will they ever do something right ?

In the past, I always thought like that, too. But then I realized that there's only so much time on one's hands and that one usually never gets back to mediocre or even bad performances.

So if they destilled the best performances from all L.A. show into a setlist-wise complete "fantasy" show, I'd be more than happy.

Actually I agree with you !
We won't ever get "all 5 LA shows" - so the BEST solution would be a "best of" collection. The problem is....that I don't trust these guys to pick the best performances. An expert should be doing that....somebody like falo or TornAndFrayed.

But maybe they did a good selection for all I know.... I CAN NOT wait to hear the entire thing! Thanks to Munichhilton for the sample. Sounds fantastic! I'm too excitied to give 100% certain dates for the tracks in that sample. I'm writing this post with the goosebumps on my skin

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: April 2, 2012 18:00

I want a real concert, with ups and downs. I dont want a "best of" show, far from reality.

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: April 2, 2012 18:00

Interesting that they list track five as Star @#$%& rather than Star Star. There must be a hardcore Stones fan at Google.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: April 2, 2012 18:02

I Will wait for tomorrow and buy the show. Stones are perfect. A 75 show is a fan gift.
LA FRIDAY was an excellent audience. A SDB is great.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Date: April 2, 2012 18:02

falo01
I want a real concert, with ups and downs. I dont want a "best of" show, far from reality.

I want July 9th, July 10th and July 12th.....if I could have had everything I pointed at.

July 11th is a poor performance. July 13th is top notch, but allready available in EX quality. But we can't have it all.....so I'd be satisfied with a good selection of tunes from LA. After all....just realise how much better this representation of Los Angeles this official release IS, when comparing to what it COULD had been.....the Los Angeles friday show (July 11th).....!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-02 18:03 by Erik_Snow.

Date: April 2, 2012 18:06

Great soundboard

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: April 2, 2012 18:07

I don't want a modernized jagger's harp.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-02 19:17 by straycat58.

Posted by: Kevinrm15 ()
Date: April 2, 2012 18:09

My birhday is tomorow! The best gift one can ask for!

Date: April 2, 2012 18:10

Erik_Snow
falo01

I want July 9th, July 10th and July 12th.....if I could have had everything I pointed at.

July 11th is a poor performance. July 13th is top notch, but allready available in EX quality. But we can't have it all.....so I'd be satisfied with a good selection of tunes from LA. After all....just realise how much better this representation of Los Angeles this official release IS, when comparing to what it COULD had been.....the Los Angeles friday show (July 11th).....!!

btw, I dont think I would be right one to choose a "best of". you may even have a better overview, because you listened to 1975 even more careful than I did.
in the end its very much a question of personal taste. the whole 13th show is (almost) a best of, with the show of the 11th as a worst-of-show.

Date: April 2, 2012 18:13

Mathijs
My god this is just fantastic! Brilliant! From what I heard it all is the 13th, and it doesn't sound like it is altered in any way other than that they modernized Jagger's harp as they did with Brussels. It also sounds less brickwalled and compressed than Hampton by the way.

Mathijs

it will have lots of audience & atmosphere cut out as they did with hampton I
suppose, but thats something we can live with.
at the end of the day we may be able to say that lots of worse things could have
been released.
I tend to be excited about this one, judging from the samples...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 2, 2012 18:14

Erik_Snow
Thanks to Munichhilton for the sample. Sounds fantastic! I'm too excitied to give 100% certain dates for the tracks in that sample. I'm writing this post with the goosebumps on my skin

You are very welcome...The goosebumps are real my friend...

Date: April 2, 2012 18:17

falo01
Erik_Snow
falo01

btw, I dont think I would be right one to choose a "best of". you may even have a better overview, because you listened to 1975 even more careful than I did.
in the end its very much a question of personal taste. the whole 13th show is (almost) a best of, with the show of the 11th as a worst-of-show.

Yes I probably could make a real fine "best of" that's true. But I wanted to sound humble. TornAndFrayed would be THE guy for the job though.

Date: April 2, 2012 18:17

Lots of piano

Date: April 2, 2012 18:18

Overall sound is great , love Ollie brown

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: April 2, 2012 18:24

This is just fantastic!!!

I think that these Archive releases have laid the basis for finally settling the enldess Wood/Taylor debate: as a matter of fact the band was red hot 69 - 82!!!

C

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: April 2, 2012 18:26

GOO
Overall sound is great , love Ollie brown

He is a true earthquake during Heartbreaker and Devil!

What a band!

C

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 2, 2012 18:27

This sounds pretty damn good to me. Best Stones bootleg I've ever heard. Billy Preston is workin it! Keith sounds much better that he should from this period. Whoo Hoo!!

This is truly a great release from The Rolling Stones. Like a new best of record or something. Kicks ass over the Love you Live stuff imho.

Major Kudos to Bob Clearmountain for his efforts here. peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-02 18:29 by Naturalust.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: April 2, 2012 18:29

Kevinrm15
My birhday is tomorow! The best gift one can ask for!

enjoy this great day and play it loud spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Date: April 2, 2012 18:41

Burned it cdr , sounds great in the car

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 2, 2012 18:47

Valeswood
Which version of SFTD?

I hope it's from the 13th with the repeated "I was round when Jesus Christ" line which mumbles into " . . Tsar and his ministers . . " Pure Rock 'n' Roll but I suspect it would have been corrected in a similar manner to MT's string break in ADTL on Brussels.

yep thats the one. This is just fantastic SOUND for a live recording. Wow. I'm still high from the first listen.

Is it just me or is the tempo superfast on most of these tracks? Maybe all except YCAGWYW. Don't get me wrong, it's workin for me today! peace

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: April 2, 2012 18:51

Naturalust

Is it just me or is the tempo superfast on most of these tracks?
cocaine.

Date: April 2, 2012 18:51

GOO
Burned it cdr , sounds great in the car

Your car, the piano, Ollie Brown, OK

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1549
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home