Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 37
Re: Forget the rumours, the new boot IS LA '75!
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 3, 2012 04:00

Did you catch just the briefest micro-second video of Bill playing synthesizer? I'm pretty sure I don't remember a close up Bill in the L.A. Forum DVD I have. (Well, it's pretty bad video anyway). It shows that there might be better footage out there than believed. Some kind of DVD release from '75 might have more marketing mileage than Hampton '81, which a lot of people have, and competes with Hal Ashby's film.

Someone wanted '75 on Blu-Ray. I finally saw the '78 Texas DVD on a 60" High Def screen. The audio was amazing, but the video was so-so. Which is the opposite of the L&GTRS which has good picture, but has so-so audio for what was a quadraphonic soundtrack.

So that's 3 of 6. There must be a surprise in there somewhere, with Atlantic City '89, and Leeds the two remaining obvious choices. Knebworth doesn't seem as likely on the heels of '75.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 3, 2012 04:01

NoCode0680
I'm going to try and re-download this, my copy must be bad. Only one person heard the static and said it wasn't bad enough to be distracting, but it's very distracting on mine. I didn't think much of it at first because I thought it might just be my computer, but I put this on my iPod and it's even worse on there. It's bad enough that I'm almost positive it has to be just on mine because I can't imagine them actually releasing it like this. It's not constant, but when it pops up (like halfway through TD and lasting through IORR) it's extremely annoying.

It's not on mine NoCode, you indeed must've got a corrupted download. Compare the file sizes if you want, that could be a dead giveaway. These mixes are cleaner than a bleached sheet. Good Luck. peace

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: April 3, 2012 04:06

Naturalust
NoCode0680
I'm going to try and re-download this, my copy must be bad. Only one person heard the static and said it wasn't bad enough to be distracting, but it's very distracting on mine. I didn't think much of it at first because I thought it might just be my computer, but I put this on my iPod and it's even worse on there. It's bad enough that I'm almost positive it has to be just on mine because I can't imagine them actually releasing it like this. It's not constant, but when it pops up (like halfway through TD and lasting through IORR) it's extremely annoying.

It's not on mine NoCode, you indeed must've got a corrupted download. Compare the file sizes if you want, that could be a dead giveaway. These mixes are cleaner than a bleached sheet. Good Luck. peace

Thanks, yeah I'll see what I have to do with the Google Music folks. It's on the streamable version on my Google account, so it didn't happen between downloading from Google to my computer, and just re-downloading it won't do. I'll have to get that one deleted off my account have have a new copy added to my account.

Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: April 3, 2012 05:41

NoCode0680
Only one person heard the static and said it wasn't bad enough to be distracting, but it's very distracting on mine.

I can hear some static, so you're not crazy. I hear it at the end of Tumbling Dice, after the song is over, around 4:58 when Jagger says "I think you're the best audience we've had so far in LA." I didn't hear it during the song. I can also hear it during the Band Intros, like around :46 when he introduces Ollie Brown. But it doesn't jump out at me and it doesn't ruin anything.

I'm listening to It's Only Rock 'n' Roll now. Haven't really heard it on that track yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-03 05:42 by lamemodem2.

Date: April 3, 2012 05:51

lamemodem2
NoCode0680
Only one person heard the static and said it wasn't bad enough to be distracting, but it's very distracting on mine.

I can hear some static, so you're not crazy. I hear it at the end of Tumbling Dice, after the song is over, around 4:58 when Jagger says "I think you're the best audience we've had so far in LA." I didn't hear it during the song. I can also hear it during the Band Intros, like around :46 when he introduces Ollie Brown. But it doesn't jump out at me and it doesn't ruin anything.

I'm listening to It's Only Rock 'n' Roll now. Haven't really heard it on that track yet.

Maybe the way I set my equalizers (treble usually very high to bring up guitars) makes it worse. Because on mine it's very noticeable and extremely annoying. At times it sounds like I have a broken speaker or headphones.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 3, 2012 06:19

This version of "Gimme Shelter" is really something. Some very strong guitar work from both Keith and Ronnie, coming in on both sides. For a second, it approaches Brussels-Taylor goodness.

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: April 3, 2012 06:22

Justin
This version of "Gimme Shelter" is really something. Some very strong guitar work from both Keith and Ronnie, coming in on both sides. For a second, it approaches Brussels-Taylor goodness.

I second that.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: April 3, 2012 06:38

Lien

thanks a lot Lien for the link.

I agree with others on this thread, it's time to have a DVD of 1975 shows. I recognized some footage of the 11th of July show. It looks much better than any known version so far.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: April 3, 2012 06:57

Cassette tapes of the 3 LP set from the 1975 Los Angeles shows were my first Stones boots. Years later, I got CD-Rs of the Millard tapes from the 13th. As great as those earlier audience recordings were, it's such a treat to get professionally recorded and mixed versions of the 13th. Wow!

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: April 3, 2012 08:11

NoCode0680
Erik_Snow
NoCode0680
Could this be a mixture of shows? Right before Tumbling Dice, Mick is asking the crowd if they "went to church today". Who goes to church on a Friday? Of course Mick could just be out of his mind high and not know what day it is.

Ehem, the reason is that is that this recording comes from LA Sunday (July 13th). "LA Friday" is just the bootleg title

Ah, I see. What's the purpose of calling it L.A. Friday then? I don't get that, and surely I'm not an idiot for thinking the title meant it was a Friday show.

They just adopted the familiar bootleg title. The Dylan Bootleg Series did the same thing when they released the "Royal Albert Hall" show -- even though it was actually recorded in Manchester, they used that title because that's the title collectors had been calling it for decades.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: April 3, 2012 08:15

>Some kind of DVD release from '75 might have more marketing mileage than Hampton '81, which a lot of people have, and competes with Hal Ashby's film.

"Hampton '81" is also a Hal Ashby film.

Posted by: Muddyw ()
Date: April 3, 2012 09:45

Latest release LA Friday Live 1975

[www.examiner.com]

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: April 3, 2012 09:50

It's not on Stones Archive for us in Blighty yet ??

Posted by: jimic ()
Date: April 3, 2012 10:01

Still not on Archive for us Brits. I have taken the day off work, the amps are ready to blast it out and the Mrs is away to work.

With the Stones being a British band, why is it that our U.S. friends always get the download one day before we do?

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: April 3, 2012 10:02

Naturalust
Has anyone confirmed that the release is indeed all from the run of shows in LA? I'll be interested in see the breakdown of which night and where each song was recorded.

as far as checked it`s all from july 13th.

Date: April 3, 2012 10:04

Yes - quite ridiculous that the album isn't available for us in the UK. All that fuss back in 1975 when Keith felt that the Rolling Stones were/are a British band, and now no issue in Britain of a great concert(s).

Date: April 3, 2012 10:05

GOO
What's the best version of 7/10/75 show?? I had the extended intro version of heart breaker on an old cassette

beside vinyl, this one is the best choice I suppose:
The Complete LA Friday Tapes (Dandelion or SODD)

but only few songs from july 10th included.
july 10th does not exist complete in good quality.

Date: April 3, 2012 10:06

jimic
Still not on Archive for us Brits. I have taken the day off work, the amps are ready to blast it out and the Mrs is away to work.

With the Stones being a British band, why is it that our U.S. friends always get the download one day before we do?

I doubt they thought to design it that way, probably just a hassle of cutting that deal with Google Music and letting them having the bragging rights of saying they have an "exclusive" release.

Date: April 3, 2012 10:07

vudicus
That footage looks so good, I really hope we get a bluray and/or dvd of that too in the near future!

I doubt it. july 11th was way too bad.
in these clips, they partly used audio from july 13th and partly used the
original mono audio from july 11th. doesn´t look as if good quality exists from
july 11th, audio wise.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 3, 2012 10:14

falo01
vudicus
That footage looks so good, I really hope we get a bluray and/or dvd of that too in the near future!

july 11th, audio wise.

When the Texas 78 film was released it was clear we previously only had a mix of 2 or 3 camera's, while they actually filmed it with a dozen or so camera's. This LA July 11 footage is different to that -it is not different in amount of camera's used (no different view points) and the quality of the video is quite the same to what is available on bootleg video. Also, the sound is the same drum heavy mono.

Mathijs

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 3, 2012 10:16

falo01
GOO
What's the best version of 7/10/75 show?? I had the extended intro version of heart breaker on an old cassette

beside vinyl, this one is the best choice I suppose:
The Complete LA Friday Tapes (Dandelion or SODD)

but only few songs from july 10th included.
july 10th does not exist complete in good quality.

That vinyl was called Charlie is my Darling? Or 'Charlie Watts and His Rolling Stones' I believe. It had tracks from July 13, and two tracks from July 10: Fingerprint File and Heartbreaker with the extended intro (jump jump!). Both versions where fabulous, and in best ever quality, not surpassed by other releases of this show.

Mathijs

Date: April 3, 2012 11:04

Mathijs
falo01
vudicus

july 11th, audio wise.

When the Texas 78 film was released it was clear we previously only had a mix of 2 or 3 camera's, while they actually filmed it with a dozen or so camera's. This LA July 11 footage is different to that -it is not different in amount of camera's used (no different view points) and the quality of the video is quite the same to what is available on bootleg video. Also, the sound is the same drum heavy mono.

Mathijs

sure, I was referring to the audio, which too bad. this is the worst show of the whole TOTA75 tour. video should be much better, of course, than whats circulating.
and Im not talking about the sound quality, we also have millard`s audio which shows how bad they played that night. still great compared to todays's show, but bad for 1975 standards.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-03 11:06 by falo01.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 3, 2012 11:05

Well, it's a long day indeed.

- Doxa

Date: April 3, 2012 11:10

Doxa

- Doxa

With Hampton there were TWO long days... sad smiley

Date: April 3, 2012 11:15

But while "I äm waiting, -ting, -ting, I am waiting - ting, -ting, oh yeah, oh yeah"", I watched the clip (Thanks!).

But I need to say that the substance goes thinner and thinner in regards the product they promote here. Not a word about the actual release by Mick and Keith - and Keith goes to talk about the blues in genaral, etc (which is nice to hear an sichthumbs up). They seemingly hadn't heard it, but just asked something general about 1975 tour. Probably the show wasn't mixed to final stage by then, but just generally decided that L.A. Forum '75 will be one to be relaesed. By contrast, when they were talking about BRUSSELS AFFAIR, they actually sounded like giving it a closer listen.

- Doxa

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 3, 2012 11:19

I think it will be on Stones Archive Store at 08:00 U.S. time, when the workday begins. Hope so anyway.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: April 3, 2012 11:19

micwer
Oh man, this version of Gimme Shelter is unbelievable...

Now if I could tone down Billy Preston...

Turn down? No! He was great with the Stones. And Ollie must be the underrated of the underrated.

Date: April 3, 2012 11:28

frankotero
I think it will be on Stones Archive Store at 08:00 U.S. time, when the workday begins. Hope so anyway.

NY time or LA time?

Date: April 3, 2012 11:29

This really is all too much: why the Stones treat their British fans like this is unfair.

Date: April 3, 2012 11:32

DandelionPowderman
Doxa

- Doxa

With Hampton there were TWO long days... sad smiley

- Doxa

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2549
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home