Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Time For Stones To Be Bold And Leave Nostalgia Act In Rear View Mirror!
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 6, 2012 21:54

I think it would be real punky/rebellious if they didn't do a greatest hits setlist. Afterall isn't that what Rock And Roll is suppose to be, or was.

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: January 6, 2012 22:10

frankotero
I think it would be real punky/rebellious if they didn't do a greatest hits setlist. Afterall isn't that what Rock And Roll is suppose to be, or was.

Exactly! You have nailed it!smileys with beer

Posted by: keefbajaga ()
Date: January 6, 2012 22:33

stonescrow
frankotero

Exactly! You have nailed it!smileys with beer[/quote

Absolutely! (btw, THIS is an important thread)

Date: January 7, 2012 06:46

keefbajaga
stonescrow
frankotero

Exactly! You have nailed it!smileys with beer[/quote

Absolutely! (btw, THIS is an important thread)

I agree. Thanks. Since they are listening in we should take every opportunity to let them know what we want. If it wasn't for us I doubt Wyman and Taylor would have been considered for the 2012 anniversary tour. We have made the difference in many ways. They do care after all.

Posted by: ralphiel ()
Date: January 7, 2012 07:34

Well said. I agree.Keith always said the rolling stones are climbing new mountains. Prove it with new material only.

Date: January 7, 2012 07:38

ralphiel
Well said. I agree.Keith always said the rolling stones are climbing new mountains. Prove it with new material only.

Thanks, mate.smileys with beer

Posted by: ab ()
Date: January 7, 2012 07:59

A set of all new material would be an extended bathroom and concessions break for most concertgoers. If they're only playing new material, charging top dollar would be crass. The old catalog is why people pay big money to see them.

Date: January 7, 2012 08:11

ab
A set of all new material would be an extended bathroom and concessions break for most concertgoers. If they're only playing new material, charging top dollar would be crass. The old catalog is why people pay big money to see them.

You would think even the casual fans would at some point get tired of hearing the same old tired recycles. First time fans, maybe, but I wonder what percent of the overall attendees on average per tour are first time attendees.

Posted by: MJG196 ()
Date: January 7, 2012 08:22

stonescrow
Write new songs, believe in them, and perform them! If the Golden Anniversary is going to be truly special then it's time to retire the "recycles" (warhorses, etc.) once and for all! Been there, done that! Also, time to dump the stadium shows. Scale down! Clubs, theaters, and arenas only. 50 shows. Have the last show televised live world wide from Madison Square Garden on January 14, 2013 on the 50th anniversary of Charlie's first gig with the band.

Problem is, nobody...I mean NOBODY...is gonna pay those prices for tickets if the boys aren't going to play the hits. Arena or club, they aren't gonna play for less than they are charging now. @#$%& the new music...gimme the hits.

Date: January 7, 2012 08:33

MJG196
stonescrow
Write new songs, believe in them, and perform them! If the Golden Anniversary is going to be truly special then it's time to retire the "recycles" (warhorses, etc.) once and for all! Been there, done that! Also, time to dump the stadium shows. Scale down! Clubs, theaters, and arenas only. 50 shows. Have the last show televised live world wide from Madison Square Garden on January 14, 2013 on the 50th anniversary of Charlie's first gig with the band.

Problem is, nobody...I mean NOBODY...is gonna pay those prices for tickets if the boys aren't going to play the hits. Arena or club, they aren't gonna play for less than they are charging now. @#$%& the new music...gimme the hits.

So what you are saying is, we are stuck with the same old worn out recycles.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 7, 2012 15:26

ab
A set of all new material would be an extended bathroom and concessions break for most concertgoers.

so? at the age most of us are at we need more time in the bathroom anyway.

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: January 7, 2012 15:58

I do agree! The only way the Stones could be getting out of the "lazy Vegas act band" is to be just that "BOLD". Get back together and let go of everything that's been a obsticle during last year!

For gods sake, build some energy from the differencies and start working on a new album that will make a statement.

The competense and craftsmanship have been and still is a great feature for the Stones. So come on let's have it!

If you're going to quit, well then, leave in a blaze of glory not in the mass of greys, black and white!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Posted by: thabo ()
Date: January 7, 2012 18:36

MJG196

Contrary, ...NOBODY is going to pay those prices to see them play those same hits they have seen them play allready thousands of times during their last decades of tours or TV concert airings, even if it would be the last tour. People will ONLY come a mass if they do something NEW!

Date: January 7, 2012 21:23

Fan Since 1964
I do agree! The only way the Stones could be getting out of the "lazy Vegas act band" is to be just that "BOLD". Get back together and let go of everything that's been a obsticle during last year!

For gods sake, build some energy from the differencies and start working on a new album that will make a statement.

The competense and craftsmanship have been and still is a great feature for the Stones. So come on let's have it!

If you're going to quit, well then, leave in a blaze of glory not in the mass of greys, black and white!

Your words are inspiring, mate! I honestly think Keith would be willing to carry out such a plan, but not sure Mick would sign off on it. Hope we can change his mind right here and right now. Time is running out.

Date: January 7, 2012 21:24

StonesTod
ab
A set of all new material would be an extended bathroom and concessions break for most concertgoers.

No kidding!

Date: January 7, 2012 21:30

thabo
MJG196

Contrary, ...NOBODY is going to pay those prices to see them play those same hits they have seen them play allready thousands of times during their last decades of tours or TV concert airings, even if it would be the last tour. People will ONLY come a mass if they do something NEW!

OK! Are you listening Mick? I would like to think what you have said here reflects reality and Mick is aware of that reality, because, if he is, we are in for some real treats next summer.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 7, 2012 21:34

ab

F*** them. They've had plenty of opportunity. How many more do they need? Maybe they might even LIKE what they hear if they can drag themselves out of the concession stands or away from their prawn sandwiches and bottled water.

ab
If they're only playing new material, charging top dollar would be crass.

Charging top dollar is crass anyway. The content is irrelevant to that argument.

ab
The old catalog is why people pay big money to see them.

The 'name' is the reason why people pay big money.

The amount of money theyre playing is irrelevant as has only been an issue since the late 90s. It doesnt 'entitle' them to pick the setlist. The Stones are supposed to be a band - not a jukebox for the rich but musically backward.

After 50 years, the Stones have long ago earned the right to play what the hell they want to play. Any other act seems to be allowed to do so without these revisionist ground rules for concert attendance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-07 21:34 by Gazza.

Date: January 7, 2012 21:35

stonescrow
StonesTod
ab

No kidding!

some of my favorite concert memories have been from the mens' room...

Date: January 7, 2012 21:36

MJG196

Problem is, nobody...I mean NOBODY...is gonna pay those prices for tickets if the boys aren't going to play the hits.

Then dont tell them (and dont charge silly prices anyway - it changes people's sense of entitlement and expectancy to ridiculous extremes). How many people wait until they see setlists before deciding to buy a concert ticket?

Springsteen's pretty much sold out a stadium tour in Europe this summer. No one has heard a note of his new album, knows what its called, knows what the band line up will be - never mind knowing what he's going to play. Its hardly an unheard of phenomenon.

Its called having faith in an artist being able to deliver an enjoyable performance.

These 'fans' might like the unfamiliar material they hear. It happened before and people kept coming back.

And if they don't and decide not to come back..well, who cares? There wont be any more tours anyway.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-07 21:43 by Gazza.

Date: January 7, 2012 21:40

Gazza
There wont be any more tours anyway.

sources, please?

Date: January 7, 2012 21:42

StonesTod
Gazza

sources, please?

well, maybe apart from the 'Satisfaction 50th anniversary tour' in 2015, apparently.....

Date: January 7, 2012 21:49

Gazza
MJG196

Problem is, nobody...I mean NOBODY...is gonna pay those prices for tickets if the boys aren't going to play the hits.

Then dont tell them (and dont charge silly prices anyway - it changes people's sense of entitlement and expectancy to ridiculous extremes). How many people wait until they see setlists before deciding to buy a concert ticket?

Springsteen's pretty much sold out a stadium tour in Europe this summer. No one has heard a note of his new album, knows what its called, knows what the band line up will be - never mind knowing what he's going to play. Its hardly an unheard of phenomenon.

Its called having faith in an artist being able to deliver an enjoyable performance.

These 'fans' might like the unfamiliar material they hear. It happened before and people kept coming back.

And if they don't and decide not to come back..well, who cares? There wont be any more tours anyway.

Yes! Yes! And Yes!smileys with beer Come on Mick, think bold! We can do this!

Date: January 7, 2012 21:52

Gazza
StonesTod
Gazza

sources, please?

well, maybe apart from the 'Satisfaction 50th anniversary tour' in 2015, apparently.....

They can re-activate Satisfaction for that tour!

Date: January 7, 2012 22:04

Gazza
MJG196

The masses would fall in love with the Some Girls bonus tracks if performed live. Out Of Control and Saint Of Me would become warhorses if they would just play the damn songs more often. Come on Mick, have a little faith! Maybe Mick should be listening to "Oddball" of Kelly's Heroes!

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1645
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home