Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Dear Mick and Keith - Please don't let this opportunity pass you by
Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: December 18, 2011 19:48

Dear Mick and Keith (Happy Birthday),

After watching the Beach Boys video showing them recreating a song from 40+ years ago that sounds pretty good btw, while sitting down playing guitars lol, I've figured out what I want for XMAS this year.

While watching this Beach Boys video clip, it makes me wonder if this idea didn't come to Mick and Keith in their Fall meeting and the wounds were still too fresh for a commitment so nothing was scheduled, and then Keith threw down the gauntlet by saying in public we are going to jam and Mick (and Bill and MT) are invited...

The short video the Beach Boys did is priceless marketing for a tour, catalog sales, new music sales, everything we should be getting to participate in. They sound and look good, and it gets people excited. I've always liked the Beach Boys, they're part of the reason at 19 I moved from Chicago to Hermosa Beach CA., but the real reason I moved out of my parents house at 19 is I grew some balls after seeing the Stones at 15 on a hot steamy summer night at Chicago Stadium in 1975. Their music and attitude showed me its a big world out there and I wanted more than suburban Chicago.

I don't like the versions of the Beach Boys I've seen lately on the wine tour circuit, and while I love the Stones, the idea of an in shape MT and a healthy enough Bill Wyman at age 70++ to get together again with the boys makes me dream that something magical can happen again.

After seeing this Beach Boys video and with a brief visit to their web site, I have no doubt this takes them from the Calif State Fair to venues much larger, and I believe this can sell out some shows if marketed properly, and why the F are the Stones not doing this, or are they?

The foundation is in place.

They definitely have the web site archives built with all the work they've done on their web site in recent years, but they should do an M&A deal on the message boards with Bjornulf and StonesDoug to get that traffic as well. We are in the information age and when you combine information with business intelligence, you have knowledge. There is a tremendous amount of current and potential information contained in social media and the Stones should be on the forefront of this, not the tail end. Don't be cheesy by sending me an email every day telling me I have five hours to save 25% in their store, be more creative and cool.

Given their past experience and failures, they likely need some help with the fan club concept, and I dont mean outsourcing that to some company. This is your fans and they need and deserve special attention. Thats where the M&A deal with IORR and SHIDOOBEE would help, plus adding a few key Stones die hard fans with some music, concert, marketing (Steve Portigal from Undercover, dust off your boots) and business experience as consultants or employees. What they and we don't need are hotties to fill the front few rows.

So, this Beach Boys video makes me wonder, will we see the Spare Parts video with some clips form the sessions two weeks ago when its released tomorrow?

Cmon Mick- and yes Mick, because you are the bus driver and given your track record you deserve that spot, I think its still not too late to get the juggernaut rolling and get away from your annual scheduled Caribbean vacations,and get back to work. The families will not only understand, they will respect you even more for going back to work. This is a recession and its tough for everyone, ok for most non rock stars, but if you want to get into the pockets of people who cant afford to pay you money, but gladly will pay for a lifetime memory they WANT to take with them to the grave, a chance to relive their youth and get their head out of the friggin recession for a night or two, you guys have to get it going, and this time it cant be at your pace as you have 365 days starting in less than 2 weeks-

Get the boys together on 12/26 at some warm destination where the paps cant show, jam for four days straight, ok consecutive days, but considering the shape of the players it may be straight for the first time since fifty years ago.

Do something on new years eve for an announcement surrounding the next 365 days, no questions, just an announcement to tease everyone- and use a mode of transportation in the warm waters outside mustique to do the announcement and then stroll inside and play a few songs at basils and get dick clark to pay you a couple mil to beam it in as a surprise NYE stones tour announcement- some songs dont need THAT much rehearsing. Promise everyone who buys a ticket to a live show that they will get a ticket to the PPV PARTY a year from now on 12/31 from MSG that will be broadcast around the world.

Here is an idea for an agenda, subject to the comments and feedback of my fellow message board Stones fans, and of course the usual FU comments that I"m a dick and dont know what the F I'm talking about, haha.

Jan 2012 - Write music with Keith, (no one said this was going to be easy) and select a promoter and start reserving venues.

Get Mick Taylor into shape and offer to pay him as a full member if he can deliver and be there for February recording sessions and be substance free, attitude free, and ready to roll, and yes I know, that makes the cut go from 1/4 to 1/6 if you also include Bill, but if you do this right, you'll make more money if the band is stronger and can sell enough tickets and add-ons like a new CD, merchandise, etc. A very wise person told me years ago that if I just worry about the product or service I produce with my company, the money will come, and I'm now on my eighth company I've built and that has been the best advise I've ever received and its been true every time.

Feb 2012 - Record music with the band, and make it a band that includes a greatly reduced Chuck (last tour reduction was a good start, and he should have a role in this tour making set lists and playing on a song or two and being a band liaison, but he shouldnt be, IMO, as musically involved on stage as in the past) playing only boogie woogie piano, or Mac or another player in the sessions who can help them recreate the sound of Stu. Make sure Everyone who attends a show leaves knowing who Stu was. Do a video tribute at the end of the show to Brian and Stu on the video screen as you are whisked away in limo's.

Mar 2012 - Mix the album and work out tour details with Charlie and interview guys like Matt Lee, Bjornulf, StonesDoug, Gazza, Steve POrtigal, and whomever knows your fan base, material, archives, etc. This input will enhance the tour experience for casual and die hard fans. THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX.

Come up with a creative way to sell tickets:

$50 PPV - live PPV feed into a theater of the show as it takes place in cities that are within the 75-150 mile range from venue, for those who live too far or cant afford to attend but want the experience. Includes program and popcorn.

Level 1 ticket - $75 show only

Add program for $25 and it will arrive in mail 2 weeks before show and will still allow you to upgrade to next level for mdse and better seats if still available

Level II ticket - $125 and includes download of show from google music

Level III ticket - $175 includes download of audio and video of show from Google music and ticket into PPV view party show 12/31/2012 at venues throughout the world - from movie theaters to big parties

Level IV ticket - $250 - Personal download of video- you can upload your own video of tailgate pre show or whatever you want and it will be edited in to beginning of DVD through partnership with company like Animoto -you'll receive five copies of DVD with custom case packaging with your picture on it.

Level V-X - ???

From there I see so many marketing and fan based experience possibilities:

A) Random drawings and pay up options for front row, and prime seats, which are shown on video screen and include a special handicap section for ease of attendance and a special random wheelchair upgrade or something like that.

cool smiley do a variation of the on stage seating, but better,

C) make the sound booth bigger and better and sell some seating there that's separated from sound people and band insiders.

D) Do group seating with a preference, the more in your group the better deal and better seats you get- if you can organize 1000 people you get a whole section, etc. and you can host a PPV party for those 1000 - you also get group preferred parking and you could even tie it in with discounts for carpooling via buses -have stones authorized tailgate parties in the parking lots of each venue where someone in your group gets upgraded to front row during tailgate party - I got Shelly to sell me a block of tix for a SF show on the 97 tour and about 100 Undercover people sat together and it was cool- Keith even signed a BD card for Steve POrtigal, the founder of Undercover, one of the first mailing lists for Stones fans he started in 95 or 96

E) Find a better way to eliminate scalpers, or greatly reduce the resell market.

F) Even getting Scorcese involved would possibly work, but only if he is just there filming what he can, not controlling the shows. Johnny Depp too, he has some good Keith footage in the can,including some live wino's stuff, so he also could help with the video parts, with both consulting on what is shown live during the show, what is filmed in advance to show before the show and during a break, and what is edited into the download they make available after the show and they could each release film(s) in 2013. The video feed at the show is critical for everyone who isnt close enough to see the wrinkles, like having separate screens above center stage where one follows Mick, one Keith and one splits between Ronnie, Mick T and Bill, or Lisa during GS, etc.

Apr 2012 - Take a holiday

May 2012 - Rehearse

Jun/Jul 2012 - Tour Far East, AK, NZ and Europe (do something with opening or closing of Olympics on your schedule, and with your idea)

Aug/Sept2012 - Tour US stadiums

Oct 2012 - Some shows and some days off

Nov 2012 - US Arena's and warm weather outdoor shows like Florida and Calif

Dec 2012- Phoenix big outdoor show(s) Sat and Sun 12/1 and 12/2 for film, MSG residence with shows every other day except Fri 12/14 to 12/23 and then the last three shows Fri/Sat 12/28-29 and Mon 12/31 - with the final show a big 12/31 PPV party that turns into parties all over the world for the live broadcast of the Stones show at a big NYE party in cities everywhere.

OK, start I"m ready to get hit with insults, let er rip...

Re: Dear Mick and Keith - Please don't let this opportunity pass you by
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 18, 2011 19:51

4-5 months in the US, 2 months for the rest of the world...

er... eye popping smiley

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 18, 2011 20:09

Gazza
4-5 months in the US, 2 months for the rest of the world...

er... eye popping smiley

ok, forget about the 2 months, then...

Date: December 18, 2011 20:23

ok, change that as it makes sense.

I didnt look at historical tour schedules, and given the one year limit and weather factors and their need for days off and trying to maximize profit capacity so this could work, I took a stab.

Thanks for being polite

smiling smiley

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 18, 2011 20:27

Can we condense this into a readable paragraph?

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: December 18, 2011 20:33

hahaha,this is hilarious,are you serious-ooh its a joke,i get it.

Posted by: drummer_dude ()
Date: December 18, 2011 20:43

Don't forget us down in New Orleans we were missed so many tours. I think we deserve a date for the 50th anniversary Tour here.. 2005 they were suppsed to come but Katrina hit and it was cancelled.. so don't forget us here this time please.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: December 18, 2011 21:01

You're a GOOD fan Chelskeith with some fine ideas.

Date: December 18, 2011 21:17

I'm actually just a sucker like the rest of us, at least that's how I feel sometimes, but the music and the excitement of a tour always brings me back.

As an entrepreneur, the idea of building something always excites me, and they say you should work in a field where you know a lot, and after fifty shows and thirty five years I know a little, so just playing with ideas is a fun dream, but it never seems to go anywhere as theyre just too big.

I tried one time to organize a private show and I was told they considered it, but I never heard anything direct, but the person who told me said that's why they played the song Undercover at the first show in Oakland on No Security as that was the name of the Stones mailing list I tried to organize the show for, but who really knows...

I was the guy who introduced their promoter to the people at PNC park as I made a bet for a beer with a friend who owned the Pittsburgh Pirates (at the time) that I could help get the Stones to play his ballpark, and that happened, but all I did was facilitate the two parties talking and apparently the schedules and money worked. It was sweet getting paid my beer in his private suite during the encore.

Date: December 18, 2011 21:21

Before the Pittsburgh show with my wife and KR

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: December 18, 2011 23:45

Johnny Depp involved..... Stones Pirate show in a Pirate ship.... maybe they can promote the tour in Johnny Depp's Pirate fantasy world. ;o)

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: December 19, 2011 00:14

...then Keith threw down the gauntlet by saying in public we are going to jam and Mick (and Bill and MT) are invited...

Who are those "we" who invite Jagger to Stones jam(with two ex band members)? Really? Does Jagger need such invetention?

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: December 19, 2011 01:06

proudmary
...then Keith threw down the gauntlet by saying in public we are going to jam and Mick (and Bill and MT) are invited...

Who are those "we" who invite Jagger to Stones jam(with two ex band members)? Really? Does Jagger need such invetention?

recently he was invited to some rehearsals,if I remember correctly...beside the possibility of a joke....

you´re taking all this stuff too serious,don´t you ?

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: December 19, 2011 01:20

shortfatfanny
proudmary

recently he was invited to some rehearsals,if I remember correctly...beside the possibility of a joke....

well, not more serious than chelskeith(judging by the length of her/his original post)

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: December 19, 2011 01:27

proudmary
shortfatfanny
proudmary

well, not more serious than chelskeith(judging by the length of her/his original post)

actually i was asking you....but ok.
regarding the picture above and thinking it might not be faked chelskeith seems to be a him...

Date: December 19, 2011 05:11

I wouldn't know how to fake a picture.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-20 05:24 by chelskeith.

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: December 19, 2011 05:52

I hope they do at least 3 dates in Canada how bout:

Vancouver
Winnipeg
Toronto

Just to even things out.

2011 Rolling Stones BOOGIE FOR STU
Date: January 7, 2012 21:16

Sheepishly Smile and exit stage right.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-20 05:26 by chelskeith.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 8, 2012 00:30

dont worry they wont let it pass by, all that money will make them put aside their differences yet again , BANK ON IT BECAUSE THEY SURE WILL

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1494
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home