Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Time For Stones To Be Bold And Leave Nostalgia Act In Rear View Mirror!
Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: January 4, 2012 06:16

Write new songs, believe in them, and perform them! If the Golden Anniversary is going to be truly special then it's time to retire the "recycles" (warhorses, etc.) once and for all! Been there, done that! Also, time to dump the stadium shows. Scale down! Clubs, theaters, and arenas only. 50 shows. Have the last show televised live world wide from Madison Square Garden on January 14, 2013 on the 50th anniversary of Charlie's first gig with the band.

Re: Time For Stones To Be Bold And Leave Nostalgia Act In Rear View Mirror!
Date: January 4, 2012 07:03

SALUTE !!!

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: January 4, 2012 09:35

To create great music you need to be "hot".

You need to be "in the zone", living it, breathing it.

The days of Keith sitting there for 8 hours trying to figure out the exact right sound and riff he wants are long gone.

That time for the band was over 40 years ago.

The days of Keith giving Mick vowel sounds and Mick "translating" are also long gone.

You're only likely to get a Mick inspired guitar chord thrash now (or "weaving" as Keith likes to call it) with Charlie doing four to the floor.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 4, 2012 09:59

The days of Keith sitting there for 8 hours trying to figure out the exact right sound and riff he wants are long gone.

...who knows maybe Keef's been working on a super-killer riff over the last 7-8 years ...

ROCKMAN

Date: January 4, 2012 20:15

21stcenturystones
SALUTE !!!

Back at ya.smileys with beer

Date: January 4, 2012 20:20

GravityBoy
To create great music you need to be "hot".

You need to be "in the zone", living it, breathing it.

That time for the band was over 40 years ago.

The days of Keith giving Mick vowel sounds and Mick "translating" are also long gone.

You're only likely to get a Mick inspired guitar chord thrash now (or "weaving" as Keith likes to call it) with Charlie doing four to the floor.

I agree that inspiration is vital to creating good music.

Date: January 4, 2012 20:21

Rockman

...who knows maybe Keef's been working on a super-killer riff over the last 7-8 years ...

Let's hope so.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 4, 2012 20:22

stonescrow
Write new songs, believe in them, and perform them! If the Golden Anniversary is going to be truly special then it's time to retire the "recycles" (warhorses, etc.) once and for all! Been there, done that! Also, time to dump the stadium shows. Scale down! Clubs, theaters, and arenas only. 50 shows. Have the last show televised live world wide from Madison Square Garden on January 14, 2013 on the 50th anniversary of Charlie's first gig with the band.

please revise with your missing exclamation points, sc. you're slacking off...

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 4, 2012 20:23

You don't need to write new anything to not be a nostalgia act.

Just pull out some "rarities" and go with that.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: January 4, 2012 20:27

the Stones playing a concert together these days is a rarity in and of itself.

Date: January 4, 2012 20:36

Edith Grove
You don't need to write new anything to not be a nostalgia act.

Just pull out some "rarities" and go with that.

That would be better than recycling the warhorses. I could live with them building a small scale tour around the 12 Some Girls bonus tracks, a few new songs and maybe a few of the Exile bonus tracks, although, I would prefer all new material.

Date: January 4, 2012 20:40

GumbootCloggeroo
the Stones playing a concert together these days is a rarity in and of itself.

True, but that is the way it was planned.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 4, 2012 20:42

Mix in "Plundered My Soul" and some of the new Some Girls tracks and I would be perfectly happy.

Date: January 4, 2012 20:49

71Tele
Mix in "Plundered My Soul" and some of the new Some Girls tracks and I would be perfectly happy.

Would work.thumbs up

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: January 4, 2012 20:50

71Tele

+1 same here

Date: January 4, 2012 20:52

stonescrow
I would prefer all new material.

I'd like to see them put their time & energy in re-learning some classic B-sides to tour with.

I'm thinking this would be a better use of time & resources than trying to come up with something completely new,
and I think it would satisfy more than just the "hard-core" fans.

Date: January 4, 2012 20:59

Edith Grove
stonescrow
I would prefer all new material.

I'd like to see them put their time & energy in re-learning some classic B-sides to tour with.

I'm thinking this would be a better use of time & resources than trying to come up with something completely new,
and I think it would satisfy more than just the "hard-core" fans.

I know one thing, I sure love the Some Girls bonus tracks. All of them. It's almost the album I had been dreaming for. It's the Stones the way I like to hear them. Would also like to see a few new songs along the order of 'Out Of Control', Saint Of Me, and 'Like A Thief In The Night'.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: January 4, 2012 21:02

With Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor i just want them to be hot and play!!
Play Anything but do it with fire...Lets show why the Rolling Stones are the best of the best!

For me i would love them to play a song from each album...Or a few from the Brian Jones era.
A few from the Taylor days...A number from the Woodie Years and a few brand new numbers
from their NEW ALBUM.

And make it a party we will all remember.

Posted by: behroez ()
Date: January 4, 2012 21:16

stonescrow
Write new songs, believe in them, and perform them! If the Golden Anniversary is going to be truly special then it's time to retire the "recycles" (warhorses, etc.) once and for all! Been there, done that!

Totally agree on that one, and what a way to really celebrate 2012 as the oldest rock band ALIVE AND KICKING!!! (instead of repeating and reheating, and old rarities is also nothing else but just repeating and reheating obscurities out of the times of gone glory).

Date: January 4, 2012 21:24

what's wrong with nostalgia? i get wistful when i reflect back on nostalgia...

Date: January 4, 2012 21:27

hot stuff
With Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor i just want them to be hot and play!!
Play Anything but do it with fire...Lets show why the Rolling Stones are the best of the best!

For me i would love them to play a song from each album...Or a few from the Brian Jones era.
A few from the Taylor days...A number from the Woodie Years and a few brand new numbers
from their NEW ALBUM.

And make it a party we will all remember.

Sounds good, especially the part about Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor.

Date: January 4, 2012 21:40

StonesTod

I always thought you to be a wistful kind of guy.

Date: January 4, 2012 21:49

Edith Grove
StonesTod

i was raised to be wistful. i was even sent to wistful summer camp.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 4, 2012 21:51

StonesTod
Edith Grove
StonesTod

Being a teen, I bet you had a wistful at summer camp! "waxing nostalgia" as they say!

Date: January 4, 2012 21:52

treaclefingers
StonesTod
Edith Grove
StonesTod

Being a teen, I bet you had a wistful at summer camp! "waxing nostalgia" as they say!

not just waxing it, but buffing and shining it, too....

Date: January 4, 2012 21:56

StonesTod

Nothing, really. I love it too. You can still have nostalgia without the act of performing the same songs. It will still be the Rolling Stones. Just performing new songs. I mean how many times, and how many decades, do we need to hear Satisfaction and the other warhorses played live at concerts? Just about every live concert performance captured on DVD features some warhorses. They have been around now for 50 years. Time to change things up a bit.

Date: January 4, 2012 22:01

stonescrow
StonesTod

Nothing, really. I love it too. You can still have nostalgia without the act of performing the same songs. It will still be the Rolling Stones. Just performing new songs. I mean how many times, and how many decades, do we need to hear Satisfaction and the other warhorses played live at concerts? Just about every live concert performance captured on DVD features some warhorses. They have been around now for 50 years. Time to change things up a bit.

warhorse haters will be rounded up and thrown out of the theater. we're just not gonna have a lot of hissing and booing when the band does its thing for the final go-round.

Date: January 4, 2012 22:19

StonesTod
stonescrow
StonesTod

warhorse haters will be rounded up and thrown out of the theater. we're just not gonna have a lot of hissing and booing when the band does its thing for the final go-round.

Ultimately, I will accept and support whatever they decide to do, however, since they are tuned in here I thought I would give them my two cents worth.

Date: January 4, 2012 22:31

stonescrow
StonesTod
stonescrow
StonesTod

Ultimately, I will accept and support whatever they decide to do, however, since they are tuned in here I thought I would give them my two cents worth.

you'll be asked a few "innocuous" questions prior to entering the venue. your answers will determine one of several wristbands that will be affixed to your right arm. these are color-coded and will alert the ushers as to which "fans" will be excused from the venue prior to the warhorse parade, which will likely begin at about the 12-minute mark of the show.

Date: January 4, 2012 22:36

StonesTod
stonescrow
StonesTod
stonescrow
StonesTod

you'll be asked a few "innocuous" questions prior to entering the venue. your answers will determine one of several wristbands that will be affixed to your right arm. these are color-coded and will alert the ushers as to which "fans" will be excused from the venue prior to the warhorse parade, which will likely begin at about the 12-minute mark of the show.

You are in top form today, StonesTod. This is actually quite funny!smileys with beer

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1882
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home