Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 23
Re: Google Music to offer six unreleased Stones concerts
Date: November 20, 2011 05:04

I did the same. When you save it to your computer and open a track, choose OPEN WITH and select iTunes. It dropped all fifteen tracks and the album art into iTunes.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 20, 2011 06:26

71Tele
bigbang
Just listening for the first IN MY LIFE now, have never heard or owned this bootleg. Incredible performances so far, and sound is just fine to this non-audiophile (listening through iTunes, its on my iPod and just burned a copy for the car). This is just so awesome. Giving us what we want. Who could have imagined. Yay!

How the heck did you get it from the Google Music thingy to iTunes?

After you've purchased the album, it will appear when you are signed on at Google Music.

Click the little triangle at the right of each song title to reveal a drop-down menu. Click "Save To Computer."
Save each of the files to a folder ~/Music/iTunes Music/Rolling Stones/Brussels Affair/...

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: November 20, 2011 09:08

LieB

The absolute worst track, in my opinion, is All Down The Line, at times bordering on train wreck. I have no idea why they bothered to put Taylor's solo from the superior afternoon version into the 2nd show version when they could have just picked the former track. Seems like the Stones kinda lost steam towards the end of the show, as Rip This Joint and JJF are a bit lacklustre as well. Probably a good decision to use the 1st show Street Fighting Man, although I would have loved to hear those still unreleased songs from the 2nd show.

All in all, a wonderful release. Should have gotten a CD and even a vinyl edition with liner notes and artwork. I'm eagerly awaiting whatever they have for us next.

Keith made a mistake I think in the afternoon version of "All Down The Line". They might have found it easier to paste Taylor's solo in from the 1st show than to fix Keith's screw up which of course affects the rest of the band. Just a guess on that one.

On the subject of this release. I'm thrilled that they're putting it out there. Not happy that U.S. residents can only get mp3's but it's certainly better than not having it. I'm thrilled that we got a bunch of recordings we never had before as well but I gotta admit that I agree with alot of other posters that most of the songs from the 2nd show are inferior performances in comparison to the 1st show. Not sure what the reasoning was and believe me, I'm way more thrilled to have this than I would be if it was just the same old Brussels/London recordings (although that would have been great too). Regardless, it's a great time to be a Stones fan for a change.

I hope all the future releases touch on tours that haven't had official live releases, like 1970 for instance.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: November 20, 2011 12:49

Better late than never ...I managed to download it !
But else can I say that hasn't been already said about this Brussel Affair ?smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 20, 2011 13:25

SwayStones
I managed to download it !

Right on. Enjoy

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: November 20, 2011 14:04

Its great to see these shows and finally have a near perfect Brussels show.
I want to see UNKNOWN and UNHEARD shows from them.
Please dont release Hampton 81 or the PPV show from 1989- We've HEARD them already.

Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: November 20, 2011 15:18

This was the first boot I ever heard by The Stones. I was about 14 years old & I was spending a day at the beach in New Jersey at Seaside Heights. I won any two records from this record store on the boardwalk. This record store had records that I never saw before. Anyway, I guessed how many pieces of candy were in a glass bowl. I chose " A Lunch Box & A Meat Whistle" and "MSG 1972"

A Great Day I Will Never Forget

SOUL

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: November 20, 2011 16:26

Listening to the new tape, some memories (from the first show in Bruxelles) come to my mind, i'll share this one.
I was very near the stage, 5th row or so in front of Mick and behind me was a young english girl. She was screaming Miiiick in between songs, holding something in her arms.
During or just before HTW, i realise the "thing" was a clap hat (the hat is flat then you pull and you got a hat), she throws the opened hat on the stage and Mick takes it, looks inside checking it's safe and almost put it on his head. At that moment, i realise the girl becomes pretty sick (i was 17 and naive);
I learnt later in my life that in fact she was just having a violent orgasm!
Mick keeps the hat in his hands for a while then tries to put it on other Mick's head (or was it Bill?) but he moves enough to avoid it, so Mick put the hat on Billy's head (he couln't move behind the keyboards).
Nice one no?
I recall too a little blond hair girl, may be 10 years old appearing during the show on stage, sitting in a corner!

Posted by: elmod ()
Date: November 20, 2011 16:32

I´m waiting for the DAC-release - cool smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 20, 2011 17:08

marclaff
Listening to the new tape, some memories (from the first show in Bruxelles) come to my mind, i'll share this one.
I was very near the stage, 5th row or so in front of Mick and behind me was a young english girl. She was screaming Miiiick in between songs, holding something in her arms.
During or just before HTW, i realise the "thing" was a clap hat (the hat is flat then you pull and you got a hat), she throws the opened hat on the stage and Mick takes it, looks inside checking it's safe and almost put it on his head. At that moment, i realise the girl becomes pretty sick (i was 17 and naive);
I learnt later in my life that in fact she was just having a violent orgasm!
Mick keeps the hat in his hands for a while then tries to put it on other Mick's head (or was it Bill?) but he moves enough to avoid it, so Mick put the hat on Billy's head (he couln't move behind the keyboards).
Nice one no?
I recall too a little blond hair girl, may be 10 years old appearing during the show on stage, sitting in a corner!

Great story...............

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: November 20, 2011 18:40

elmod

I guess it will be an unnumbered DAC release like with other official releases (like recently the Ladies & Gentlemen soundtrack or Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out Complete).

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: November 20, 2011 18:51

midnrambler
straycat58
the spoken words at the end of Rambler, "yes, yes, you're so good" belongs to the 1st or 2nd show?

I'll check it tomorrow (when I'm back home) on the audience recording of the 1st show (VGP's Nasty Muzik).

Only the 1st "yeah" after Rambler could still be from the 1st show. All the rest incl. what you mention is again the 2nd show.

smoking smileyRe: Google Music to offer six unreleased Stones concerts
Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: November 20, 2011 19:36

I finally obtained the FLAC files (thank you usenet smoking smiley

One observation:

Midnight Ramber- Good God!

Date: November 20, 2011 20:29

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-20 20:53 by schillid.

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: November 20, 2011 20:33

elmod

The Godfather Records version will be on sale before DAC. grinning smiley
The Stones are really stupid with an internet only release because the bootleggers are going to sold a bunch of CDs of this show !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-20 20:34 by Massimo68.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 20, 2011 20:54

Not for the same price, they wont.

Cant imagine too many people spending double for a counterfeit (not bootleg) version than they will for an official release, just so they can get a jewel case and bog-standard artwork.

The download is very competitively priced.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 20, 2011 21:30

schillid
71Tele
bigbang
Just listening for the first IN MY LIFE now, have never heard or owned this bootleg. Incredible performances so far, and sound is just fine to this non-audiophile (listening through iTunes, its on my iPod and just burned a copy for the car). This is just so awesome. Giving us what we want. Who could have imagined. Yay!

After you've purchased the album, it will appear when you are signed on at Google Music.

Click the little triangle at the right of each song title to reveal a drop-down menu. Click "Save To Computer."
Save each of the files to a folder ~/Music/iTunes Music/Rolling Stones/Brussels Affair/...
Thanks. Been trying to figure that out for 3 days. Success,burning copy right now.thumbs up

Date: November 20, 2011 21:50

sweetcharmedlife
schillid
71Tele
bigbang

Thanks. Been trying to figure that out for 3 days. Success,burning copy right now.thumbs up

happy to help

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: November 20, 2011 22:55

Massimo68
elmod

The Godfather Records version will be on sale before DAC. grinning smiley
The Stones are really stupid with an internet only release because the bootleggers are going to sold a bunch of CDs of this show !

I don't agree at all. Only some hard-core collections will be "silly" enough to buy a bootlegged CD version...as Gazza said, the downloads are very nicely priced and actually the first time the Stones really understood the Internet and it's power of distribution.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 20, 2011 22:57

schillid
71Tele
bigbang

Hey, thanks!

Date: November 20, 2011 23:08

Google music the arrow next to the song, click it, click on save to computer, it goes into your downloads, drag into itunes.....

Get Stoned!!!

Date: November 21, 2011 00:36

71Tele
Hey, thanks!

You're welcome. Someone else explained it here earlier... believe it was Justin.
Thanks, Justin!

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: November 21, 2011 01:02

I agree with most of the comments here. Pleased to have the opportunity - for the price of a large coffee- to have the instant download too, and genuine thanks go out to the kind souls who provided the Covers too. I am enjoying listening to the downloaded Flacs finding this mix giving good separation and such clarity, I thought the CD versions of the famous Brussels show were way too 'harsh' sounding compared to the Vinyl I have in my collection. This is NOT to start a CD VS Vinyl contest - it's just whoever transferred it obviously added something (heavy compression??) into the mix.
This show (only 6 months after I saw them in 1973 in New Zealand) is not the same sloppy, out of tune songsters who put on a lacklustre performance in Auckland. They were really cooking up a storm in Europe, that's for sure. I too am looking forward to the further installments in this series, just to be able to enjoy (a) in the real order they played in, and (b) to have some of the old Bootleg vinyl updated by the Band themselves !! . Funny how they 'stole' the name of the release off the bootleggers eh!!

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: November 21, 2011 03:37

edit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-21 04:25 by peoplewitheyes.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: November 21, 2011 04:11

edit...

i solved the problem and the trax are currently downloading!!

Not exactly the simplest download mechanism, but you really earn these songs this way!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-21 04:28 by peoplewitheyes.

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: November 21, 2011 05:05

What is this Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out Complete? Have I missed something?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 21, 2011 05:31

schillid
71Tele
Hey, thanks!

You're welcome. Someone else explained it here earlier... believe it was Justin.
Thanks, Justin!
Yeah it was Justin. Thanks to both.You guys should write a downloading for dummies book.smiling bouncing smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: November 21, 2011 18:37

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 21, 2011 19:10

schillid

Don't do that. If you are manually changing the contents of the iTunes folder on your HD, you're in for a lot of possible trouble later on. iTunes is very peculiar on how it stores files, and if you mess something up, it's difficult to fix it. It's better to just download the files to your Desktop or some sort of temp location, and after they finished downloading drag all the files into your iTunes window, and presto. Everything is there, in the right order with the artwork and all metadata.

BTW, did anyone see a "Download Album" link? To me it is not very user friendly to download each file seperately, which I ended up doing. Not clever for a business that tries to take market shares away from iTunes.

Posted by: steve6884 ()
Date: November 21, 2011 19:28

I bought the mp3 version in the US. Has anybody made artwork for the CD case? Thanks for any info

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2430
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home