Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 23
Re: Google Music to offer six unreleased Stones concerts
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 18, 2011 00:24

with sssoul
IrelandCalling4
are there two archives sites, I'm trying stonesarchive.com?

www.stonesarchivestore.com is the one you want

i love the Rolling Stones ... and just hope i can figure out what to do with a FLAC file! :E

Hi With Sssoul! Easiest way to do it....search at google for "flac frontend". It's a TINY software programme, and "freeware".
Download, and open "flac frontend". Click "ADD FILES" ( a button at the top of the screen). Then...choose the flac-files from your computer; and press DECODE. Then it's done....the wav files will be saved together with your flac files at your computer.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 18, 2011 00:27

Erik_Snow
with sssoul
IrelandCalling4
are there two archives sites, I'm trying stonesarchive.com?

www.stonesarchivestore.com is the one you want

i love the Rolling Stones ... and just hope i can figure out what to do with a FLAC file! :E

Hi With Sssoul! Easiest way to do it....search at google for "flac frontend". It's a TINY software programme, and "freeware".
Download, and open "flac frontend". Click "ADD FILES" ( a button at the top of the screen). Then...choose the flac-files from your computer; and press DECODE. Then it's done....the wav files will be saved together with your flac files at your computer.

Here's flac frontend for download: [flac.sourceforge.net]

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: November 18, 2011 00:33

When will the Next show be released?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 18, 2011 00:37

thank you thank you Erik Snow!

i love the Rolling Stones

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 18, 2011 00:55

Just listened to JJF. Have they turned MT down ? Keith and Charlie............wow

I'd almost forgotten...........GREATEST ROCK N ROLL BAND IN THE WORLD !

sc uk

Posted by: artinis1 ()
Date: November 18, 2011 00:58

where can i find the info as to what is being released in the future, also can you purchase from the stonesarchivestore from the united states?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 18, 2011 00:59

A bit of a nightmare to navigate the site with all the java nonsense, but got there in the end and listening now.

Holy Shit, Batman.....

Incredible stuff. Cant believe they've managed to not only do this, but keep it under wraps. And kudos for releasing the material at such a decent price, too.

What a great time to be a Stones fan - thats not something I've been able to say for a while!

The potential for this archive site is amazing.

Date: November 18, 2011 01:02

artinis1
where can i find the info as to what is being released in the future, also can you purchase from the stonesarchivestore from the united states?

They havent announced any future releases. Just that there'll be five in the next year.

You can purchase products from the store in the USA,

[www.stonesarchivestore.com]

but the archive concerts for US fans seems to be done via google music at present, if I'm not mistaken

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 18, 2011 01:28

Whale
Yep, it all fits on one cd, burn to cd without the 2 sec gaps between the tracks and you'll be fine.

Why would you want any gaps between songs? It ruins the flow of the show. For me, I don't want any stopages between the songs and your CD player will still be able to cue up each track.

The only gap I wanna see is between a girls thighs. tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: November 18, 2011 02:50

Can someone PLEASE explain to me why the version of YCAGWYW that Google has posted is different from the version that I have in my collection?

The version in my collection (from 'Brussels Affair Definitive Edition') doesn't have Mick saying "ain't that peculiar" and "sing it pretty" after the first "you get what you need".

What's going on here?

Drew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-18 02:52 by drewmaster.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: November 18, 2011 02:51

Coming home from work and reading this post has been really gratifying as a Stones fan. The release of archived material, whether it is on CD format or not, is something that this fan has dreamed about for quite a long time. It makes it worth it to me, especially given all the amount of time and effort that myself and many dedicated others put into writing petitions, letter writing campaigns, etc to try to get archived material like the expanded Ya Yas released. Whether these actions had any impact or not, the important thing is that the Stones are finally "getting it" and releasing this stuff which I think is monumental! Thank you Mick, Keith, Charlie and company!

Date: November 18, 2011 02:53

drewmaster
Can someone PLEASE explain to me why the version of YCAGWYW that Google has posted is different from the version that I have in my collection?

The version in my collection (from 'Brussels Affair Definitive Edition') doesn't have Mick saying "ain't that peculiar" and "sing it pretty" after the first "you get what you need".

What's going on here?

Drew

Its not a copy of the Brussels Affair bootleg.

Only three songs (Brown Sugar, Rambler and SF Man) are duplicated. All from the afternoon Brussels show.

The rest is from the evening show, which is previously unavailable in this format.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-18 02:54 by Gazza.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: November 18, 2011 02:55

Gazza
drewmaster

What's going on here?

Drew

Only three songs (Brown Sugar, Rambler and SF Man) are duplicated. All from the afternoon Brussels show.

The rest is from the evening show, which is previously unavailable in this format.

Aha, got it ... thanks Gazza!

Drew

Posted by: Amyl Nitrate ()
Date: November 18, 2011 03:15

Gazza

Mr. D might be afternoon show too ... at least per setlist.fm ... The Complete Works (curiously) does not have a complete set list for the evening show.

Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: November 18, 2011 03:39

Gazza
drewmaster

What's going on here?

Drew

I think we all must spread the word that the official "Brussels Affair" is a different show than our beloved bootleg . . .

I have seen it in other threads where people are not bothering downloading it b/c "I have the boot" . . .

I listened to the download on my way home from work and I was completely BLOWN AWAY!!! eye popping smiley I have become accumstomed to the bootleg of the afternoon show all these years . . . I have to admit that I am so attached to Tumbling Dice, Gimme Shelter, YCAGWYW, and Dancing, from the afternoon show that these versions may take awhile to sink in, but thats why I was blown away, it took me off guard. What an experience, listening to a different '73 show in such incredible quality, I'm soooo happy!grinning smiley

I do think, however, that the performance is looser, perhaps a bit on the sloppy side (i thought tumbling and Gimme Shelter werent as tight as the early show) or am I listening through biased ears? Any thoughts? . . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-18 03:54 by NorthShoreBlues2.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: November 18, 2011 03:46

Deltics
I'd just like to take the opportunity to say 'hi' to all my American friends and wish them a Happy Thanksgiving next week! winking smiley

Thanks Deltics, the kind words are much appreciated.

Date: November 18, 2011 03:52

Yeah. In fairness, the Stones organisation havent exactly made it easier to avoid confusion by not only advertising it with the same title but also inviting you to 'buy the bootleg' on their archive site. So, its an easy assumption to make, even though in the blurb it does say "The new edition, pulled exclusively from the two Brussels gigs.."

I'd say theres a few potential sales that they'll lose out on because of the confusion.

It would have been very easy for them to have just released the first show (and no doubt a lot of people would have complained that they already have it). Its terrific to see that its not just simply a case of them 'bootlegging the bootleggers', but that some thought has gone into the song choices AND that theyve even gone to the trouble of hiring Bob Clearmountain to do a recent mix on it.

It's unquestionably the best Stones live release ever. It even tops Ya Yas. And thats quite an achievement.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: November 18, 2011 04:01

Gazza
Yeah. In fairness, the Stones organisation havent exactly made it easier to avoid confusion by not only advertising it with the same title but also inviting you to 'buy the bootleg' on their archive site. So, its an easy assumption to make, even though in the blurb it does say "The new edition, pulled exclusively from the two Brussels gigs.."

I'd say theres a few potential sales that they'll lose out on because of the confusion.

It would have been very easy for them to have just released the first show (and no doubt a lot of people would have complained that they already have it). Its terrific to see that its not just simply a case of them 'bootlegging the bootleggers', but that some thought has gone into the song choices AND that theyve even gone to the trouble of hiring Bob Clearmountain to do a recent mix on it.

It's unquestionably the best Stones live release ever. It even tops Ya Yas. And thats quite an achievement.

aah I was wondering myself...could it be, I am hearing live Stones like never before.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: November 18, 2011 04:16

It would be the best Stones live release ever, except that I can't get FLAC files of it in the States, because of their deal with Google!

Date: November 18, 2011 04:19

Amyl Nitrate
Gazza

Mr. D might be afternoon show too ... at least per setlist.fm ... The Complete Works (curiously) does not have a complete set list for the evening show.

Thats because theres no audience recording of the entire show. Only part of it as far as I know. Crucially, its missing the part of the show that featured Heartbreaker or Mr D.

So, it hasnt been verified as to whether Heartbreaker or Mr D was played (or even both, although thats unlikely as while both were played at a few shows early in the tour, it was generally one or the other for the most part. Glasgow 16/9/73 seems to be the last show which featured both songs). After that, Heartbreaker only appears to have been played on dates where there were matinee and evening performances (and only in the last couple of weeks of the tour)

After Basle, Munich and Frankfurt (26,28 & 30 September) where they did identical setlists on dates which had two shows, on the last few dates on the tour that had matinee and evening performances, where the setlist is known, the songs seem to have been alternated.

Hamburg 2nd October - Mr D (matinee), Heartbreaker (evening)
Aarhus 4th October - no recordings available, so setlists not known
Gothenburg 6th October - Heartbreaker (matinee), ?? (evening) (no recording)
Copenhagen 7th October - Mr D (matinee), Heartbreaker (evening)
(there was some confusion for many years about which show was which on this date, but a new source tape circulated in 2008 indicated the show which had been bootlegged as the 2nd show was the 1st show, and vice versa)
Rotterdam 14th October - Heartbreaker (matinee), Mr D (evening)

Brussels 17th October - Mr D (matinee), ?? (evening)

(the only two-show date which we KNOW for sure had 'Heartbreaker' played at both concert was London 8th September - but 'Mr D' was played at both of those shows as well!)

Posted by: Amyl Nitrate ()
Date: November 18, 2011 05:08

Gazza
Amyl Nitrate
Gazza

Thats because theres no audience recording of the entire show. Only part of it as far as I know. Crucially, its missing the part of the show that featured Heartbreaker or Mr D.

So, it hasnt been verified as to whether Heartbreaker or Mr D was played (or even both, although thats unlikely as while both were played at a few shows early in the tour, it was generally one or the other for the most part. Glasgow 16/9/73 seems to be the last show which featured both songs). After that, Heartbreaker only appears to have been played on dates where there were matinee and evening performances (and only in the last couple of weeks of the tour)

After Basle, Munich and Frankfurt (26,28 & 30 September) where they did identical setlists on dates which had two shows, on the last few dates on the tour that had matinee and evening performances, where the setlist is known, the songs seem to have been alternated.

(there was some confusion for many years about which show was which on this date, but a new source tape circulated in 2008 indicated the show which had been bootlegged as the 2nd show was the 1st show, and vice versa)

(the only two-show date which we KNOW for sure had 'Heartbreaker' played at both concert was London 8th September - but 'Mr D' was played at both of those shows as well!)

The plot thickens... The newly-released Mr D can't be the afternoon show because it doesn't have the "Brussels Markers" discussed below, as Jagger closes it with "well, well ... oh yeah ... ooo yeah ... [french]".

Dancing With Mr. D: Taylor and Richards are "on". Brussels Markers: "Yeah" at the closing bars, "whoo" at the very end of the song. Wembley Marker: Jagger says: "Thank Ya, Thank You Very Much Indeed, Thank You Very Kindly" at the end of the song.

--from [www.rollingstonesnet.com]

This source would also be surprised by the existence of a Brussels' "Heartbreaker"...

Heartbreaker: Much more interesting in the live setting. Taylor feels and accentuates the song with his use of the "wah-wah" effect. Not played during the first show Brussels, Oct. 17, 1973, so it's always Wembley.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: November 18, 2011 05:36

1- Some Girls Extra tracks!!!

2- Live in Texas 1978 show on official DVD and Blu Ray!!!

3- Brussels Affairs 1973 official release!!!!

I have a plane ticket already booked to London on July 12th 2012!!

See you all there!!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 18, 2011 06:14

Is it possible that the 1976 Knebworth marathon could be officially released along with 1969 Oakland show and maybe the 1975 Buffalo June or August show??? eye popping smiley

Posted by: drjay ()
Date: November 18, 2011 06:33

would be nice if someone in europe could upload the Flac files for the US

Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: November 18, 2011 06:56

downloaded it this morning sounds bloody good to me. have the definitive boot brussells affair which i love but htis sounds great as well. rock n roll at its best.. bring on a tour i say

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: November 18, 2011 07:03

I'm not sure it tops Ya's Ya's, but it certainly joins it. Party of two at the top.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 18, 2011 08:13

The Sicilian
Is it possible that the 1976 Knebworth marathon could be officially released along with 1969 Oakland show and maybe the 1975 Buffalo June or August show??? eye popping smiley

If they release the Oakland show, it better be from their own soundboards. I have the boot and it stinks audio wise. Besides, it's not terribly different from Ya Yas. Brussels caught them at a time when they're pretty road tested with some Goats Head Soup thrown in. Plus the capture of Mick Taylor at his absolute Stones peak.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 18, 2011 09:47

toomuchforme

Gimme shelter must be from the 1st show. It is not the same as on Timeless or lost Brussels vgp.

On all boots Gimme Shelter is either from Brussels first, or London 9/9/9. On this new release Gimme Shelter is Brussels 2nd show.

Mathijs

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 18, 2011 09:56

Amyl Nitrate
Gazza
Amyl Nitrate
Gazza

The plot thickens... The newly-released Mr D can't be the afternoon show because it doesn't have the "Brussels Markers" discussed below, as Jagger closes it with "well, well ... oh yeah ... ooo yeah ... [french]".

Dancing With Mr. D: Taylor and Richards are "on". Brussels Markers: "Yeah" at the closing bars, "whoo" at the very end of the song. Wembley Marker: Jagger says: "Thank Ya, Thank You Very Much Indeed, Thank You Very Kindly" at the end of the song.

--from [www.rollingstonesnet.com]

This source would also be surprised by the existence of a Brussels' "Heartbreaker"...

Heartbreaker: Much more interesting in the live setting. Taylor feels and accentuates the song with his use of the "wah-wah" effect. Not played during the first show Brussels, Oct. 17, 1973, so it's always Wembley.

Mr. D. from this new release is sure not the same as the first Brussels show, and it appears just to be really from the 2nd show. It just is very, very similar to the first show.

There's a hint Heartbreaker is indeed from Brussels 2nd -both Keith and Taylor (and even Wyman) are terribly out of tune after Mr. D. Taylor starts tuning up even during the outro of Mr. D. During the tuning of Taylor Jagger's speaks French (ooh yeah, merci ...) and then, while Taylor is still tuning up, asks 'are we gonna do Doo Doo Doo keith, alright we got a tempo'. Heartbreaker kicks in, and Keith is stil as out of tune as he was on Mr. D.

So, we have: all songs from Brussels 2nd show except BS, MR and SFM, and they used Taylor's ADTL solo from the first show to replace his missing solo of the second show.

Mathijs

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: November 18, 2011 10:07

Gazza

Yes, an evening recording exists, I have it, but I have not got OK from the taper to release it yet. It´s better in my opinion than the early show.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-18 10:08 by mickijaggeroo.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1758
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home