Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 23
Re: Keith's Facebook and Website says Brussels '73 is to be officially released
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 17, 2011 08:33

71Tele
Is it possible to burn onto a CD once you download it? I hate listening to music on my laptop speakers. No bass.

Absolutely. They're downloaded as regular mp3's and can burn them just like any other mp3.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 17, 2011 08:36

i love the Rolling Stones

Date: November 17, 2011 08:36

A great day for all Stones fans! Or it will be eventually, I hope winking smiley

Posted by: MTWEMISSYOU ()
Date: November 17, 2011 08:38

Okay I just heard the samples and to my ears this is completely different from any Brussels show or any other broadcast '73 show that I have and I them all.
I am hearing different guitar passages that I have never heard before.
With the exception of maybe Brown Sugar and Midnight Rambler this sounds like a new release that was never broadcast before. It could be that this show wasn't recorded by the KBFH and was recorded by the Stones themselves.

Don't toss your copy of Brussels away in favor of this because it is different, at least to my ears. I am going to download the whole show and compare it but its not just the mix thats different. Wow, this is awesome news and it could mean that the Stones are going to treat us fanatics and collectors with shows that we don't have or have ever been released underground or otherwise. This is big time!
Lets hope they get around to releasing Baltimore '69 or any '69 show for that matter.
I will be up all night digging this and wondering what the next 5 shows are that they are going to surprise us with.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 17, 2011 08:39

It seems to be a mixture of the early and late shows.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 17, 2011 08:41

I would rather they release this as an official album instead of a download but it's still @#$%& great.

Posted by: maarisathena ()
Date: November 17, 2011 08:51

Smokey
Has anyone listened to the MR in full?

Did a quick listen of some of the samples.
Didn't sound like the "Brussels" I know.
Quickly compared HTW TD and RTJ (only the sample portions).
I think those are from the second show as suggested in the interview.
JJF seemed unfamiliar as well.

1st edit: quick listen to YCAGWYW. Listen to "hands" in the opening version. The separation of the "s" from "hand" is not on Brussels 1st show. While it sounds like 2000s Mick, I think it's from the 2d show.
And where is the wacky middle solo on JJF?

smokey--i think you are right. on the video, mj talks about the 1st show as a throw-away, says something like, "don't know what happened to the first show", as if it doesn't matter--this is the second show (better, cooler--never liked afternoon shows). kr says something like, the first is a run through for the second (although he does say that sometimes the first is better, looser--?) and good for him to point that out.
i don't think this is an official release of the famous brussels '73 boot (october 17, 1973, 1st show). it seems, at least, in part, to be taken from the 2nd performance that day.
has the second show been available in the past?

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: November 17, 2011 08:56

Justin
once you purchase the album, you can play the tracks through Google Music. To the right of each track name, an arrow is visible, hover over that and there are several options available, one of them being "Save Song To My Computer"....and voila...the mp3's are downloaded to your computer and you can then burn the mp3's on a disc to play through your stereo.

Is the "album art" downloadable?

Date: November 17, 2011 09:04

maarisathena
smokey--i think you are right. on the video, mj talks about the 1st show as a throw-away, says something like, "don't know what happened to the first show", as if it doesn't matter--this is the second show (better, cooler--never liked afternoon shows). kr says something like, the first is a run through for the second (although he does say that sometimes the first is better, looser--?) and good for him to point that out.
i don't think this is an official release of the famous brussels '73 boot (october 17, 1973, 1st show). it seems, at least, in part, to be taken from the 2nd performance that day.
has the second show been available in the past?

BS & MR are from the first show
TD MrD YCAGWYW HTW RTJ JJF are from the second show
Parts of the 2d show are on Back to the Graveyard, which Erik Snow has posted a few times, either on torrent sites or in iorr.org/hotstuff, so one can actually compare TD and RTJ (and if you have a lot of patience, Star Star).
It's shocking that something almost completely new is being released this way. Yet, it's understandable since Wolfgang's Vault is hawking the first show for download.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 17, 2011 09:05

Out of blue, people, out of blue.... Jagger said that people will be exhausted for all the Stones stuff by the end of next year....

hmm... bloody hell they know skilfful in controlling the output and media these days. There was not any sign of this before. Nada. What they have in their mind that we don't yet know? It seems to be worthless to interpret their random interviews. They say nothing before the official announcement.

But having probably the greatest rock and roll show ever catch on tape officially relaesed - well, that's a cultural task finally executed!

I have said it before but I will say it now: it is wonderful to be Rolling Stones fan these days! I love the 'past-Cohl, open the vaults' era! Listening Keith talking in the clip confirms very well the nature of the game today. (Keith is not only giving Mick quite a lot credit, but seemingly warming up the relationship with Bill to do something together next year....winking smiley)

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-17 09:06 by Doxa.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: November 17, 2011 09:07

Smokey

Is the "album art" downloadable?

I just copied the picture from the website and pasted it into the folder I keep all my album artwork in. But I did put it through Photoshop and brighten up the colors a bit to make it look, in my opinion, a little better than what was on the site. Here' the one I "cleaned up".

[i1131.photobucket.com]

Re: Google Music to offer six unreleased Stones concerts
Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: November 17, 2011 09:23

Great news! Keith is so happy and proud talking about the band.
They just have to tour one more time, it's got to be done and they know it smiling smiley

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: November 17, 2011 09:33

Next five shows:

Oakland 69
L.A. 75
Hampton 81
Atlantic City 89
Miami 94

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: November 17, 2011 09:36

This is really great..... Brussels released!!

And keith talking so nicely about Bill and Mick...somethings up!!

Date: November 17, 2011 10:09

NoCode0680
I did put it through Photoshop and brighten up the colors a bit to make it look, in my opinion, a little better than what was on the site. Here' the one I "cleaned up".

[i1131.photobucket.com]

Very nice.
Many thanks!

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: November 17, 2011 10:42

I have a small android enabled phone but is uses up battery life at a very fast rate,my phone contract on it is up in Feb and I was planning on getting a more efficient device.
This might sway me towards one of the many pads now available,with better android battery life.
I presume the reason we can't get this service in UK is something to do with the band width( 4g ),I heard a guy on BBC radio last week saying that when all the analogue TV transmitters are switched off next year this will allow 4g on all mobile devices.
Amazon rolled out a Kindle Fire a few weeks ago USA only for now,this is the same situation I imagine.
So I hope that this is something for the early part of next year for us Brits.
I don't know much about ''cloud '' technology but presumably it only works in certain areas,and therefore if I happen to ask some friends in USA to access said cloud site and download it onto an android devise,when they come over here it won't play in this region.
I base this assumption of the Sky Plus system we have over here,if you record something on your digital box transmitted by Sky and leave or change contract,that content is no longer available even though you were a paying subscriber when you originally recorded it.
Same thing might possibly happen with this Goggle system maybe.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: November 17, 2011 10:44

I mean: its lovely that it's there. But, come on, why digital? Why only in the US? Please give us Vinyl or CD

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: November 17, 2011 10:46

And I don't want to download this illegally: but what choice do I have now?

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: November 17, 2011 10:47

Great that they start to release the old stuff but I really can't take the way they're doing it. I would rather pay $5 or even 10 Euro but all I can do is to constantly look up at thepiratebay or demonoid to get it for free as I'm living in a third world country (Austria). I spent a fortune on the forthcoming Some Girls-release and even bought the single on iTunes yesterday but they don't want my money for Brussels angry smiley

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 17, 2011 10:55

@#$%& hell, what a way to wake up in the morning! And after I thought 'great to have Brussels in official quality' I understand it actually is most from the second show! Jeez...

But...It's not available in Europe I understand? So...any megaupload available? I am dying to listen to it!

Mathijs

Posted by: MTWEMISSYOU ()
Date: November 17, 2011 10:58

MTWEMISSYOU
Okay I just heard the samples and to my ears this is completely different from any Brussels show or any other broadcast '73 show that I have and I them all.
I am hearing different guitar passages that I have never heard before.
With the exception of maybe Brown Sugar and Midnight Rambler this sounds like a new release that was never broadcast before. It could be that this show wasn't recorded by the KBFH and was recorded by the Stones themselves.

Don't toss your copy of Brussels away in favor of this because it is different, at least to my ears. I am going to download the whole show and compare it but its not just the mix thats different. Wow, this is awesome news and it could mean that the Stones are going to treat us fanatics and collectors with shows that we don't have or have ever been released underground or otherwise. This is big time!
Lets hope they get around to releasing Baltimore '69 or any '69 show for that matter.
I will be up all night digging this and wondering what the next 5 shows are that they are going to surprise us with.

I just heard the whole show and I am blown away! This show rocks and I was correct in my assumption that Brown Sugar and Midnight Rambler are the versions that have been available before however the mix is different and sounds better.
As for the other songs, its all a different show.

I perfer the other Brussels show to this one though mainly because there is no Taylor solo on JJF and the solos on Dancing with Mr. D and Gimmie Shelter seem to be a little uninspired in comparison to the Brussels show that we have grown accustomed to, in my opinion. But still WOW! What a treat.

That was the best 5 dollars that I have ever spent and to think that I knew nothing about this untill I checked out what was going on with my favorite Stones site, IORR.Do yourself a favor and download this show. You will be glad that you did.

Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: November 17, 2011 11:11

Justin
71Tele
Is it possible to burn onto a CD once you download it? I hate listening to music on my laptop speakers. No bass.

Absolutely. They're downloaded as regular mp3's and can burn them just like any other mp3.

Not available in FLAC?

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: November 17, 2011 11:15

Mathijs
@#$%& hell, what a way to wake up in the morning! And after I thought 'great to have Brussels in official quality' I understand it actually is most from the second show! Jeez...

But...It's not available in Europe I understand? So...any megaupload available? I am dying to listen to it!

Mathijs

+1!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 17, 2011 11:15

This sounds like great news for the US and will be great news when (if?) it gets out to the rest of the world. Maybe worldwide availability will depend on how well Google Music does in the States.

However. Remember what happened to all the Ladies and Gentlemen stuff on YouTube when that was released? If you have a favourite video with a Brussels soundtrack, download it quick before it gets pulled.

Raises an interesting moral question. Should all of you in the US now delete your bootleg copies, and will all the links to Brussels downloads on Hot Stuff have to be removed. since it will now be an official release?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 17, 2011 11:24

Interesting that 2011 may go down as the year with the most stones and stones related releases...unbelieveable!

I guess the tour is really all that is left.

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: November 17, 2011 11:26

When can we download it in Europe??
Great to see the vaults are open now!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 17, 2011 11:44

delete.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 17, 2011 11:51

gripweed
I HOPE they left Taylor's guitar parts intact... re: Brussels '73 winking smiley

I played Brussels'73 in my car last night, driving along the canals of Amsterdam. I'am a man on a mission..grinning smiley Taylor was still loud and clear!

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: November 17, 2011 12:09

Just one word:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Now waiting for a chance to get it - germany, third world as the rest besides the US!hot smiley

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: November 17, 2011 12:13

What are the chances of the Quad version being released? [www.iorr.org]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1864
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home