Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7
Re: Mick Jagger Wants Rolling Stones Reunion Without Keith Richards
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 13, 2011 12:09

High Street Ken is yet another journalist who hasn't got a clue about Keith and Harold Pendleton. There will be a lot more coming out with negative responses to Micks comments,but knowingly will state that big money will come first. smoking smiley

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: September 13, 2011 13:04

proudmary
women call a spade a spade, and prefer to discuss the issue. men prefer to sweep under the rug and be silent. and then they call a woman a drama queen.
This is not true at all.

Posted by: resotele ()
Date: September 13, 2011 13:48

I have not read all the six pages.

"Maybe we could go back to the Marquee to accept a plaque for 50 years of service instead of a tour. That could work - except Keith obviously can't come. Charlie Watts [who wasn't at the first performance] can come but he wouldn't get the plaque obviously." says Jagger in a post by Times of India."

Which is BS anyway : The Marquee Club in London is closed since 2008, if I'm informed correctely.

So anyway no reunion at the Marquee ....and No Keith - No Stones for me.

Resotele

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: September 13, 2011 14:59

ineedadrink
why are we even talking about this still?

STILL !! ? ;^)

Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: September 13, 2011 15:05

Outlaw
Source:[www.google.nl]

The legendary front man plans to pursue he 50th year anniversary concert without his lead guitarist, Keith Richards, because of a recent misunderstanding.

It seems that the feud between the founding members of the Rolling Stones, Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, is not passing the test of time as a new one boils up a year before the band's 50th anniversary. Mick Jagger wants to do the concert without the presence of Keith Richards because of some negative comments the guitarist wrote on his biography, "Life."

According to what Richards wrote, Jagger's personal wants hindered the solid plans of an anniversary tour. The comment was made after Jagger announced that he would want to play at the Marquee club in London where they had their first ever gig. Jagger has claimed that he won't be inviting his band mate, who recently won GQ's Writer of the Year, to the reunion concert.

"Maybe we could go back to the Marquee to accept a plaque for 50 years of service instead of a tour. That could work - except Keith obviously can't come. Charlie Watts [who wasn't at the first performance] can come but he wouldn't get the plaque obviously." says Jagger in a post by Times of India.

Jagger has collaborated with the likes of Damian Marley, Joss Stone and AR Rahman for the band's new record, but it seems like not everyone is pleased about it. Jagger opened up about how his former band mates are willing to listen to the Rolling Stone's new record aside from Richards.

"Ronnie's listened to it. He's sweet, he's very supportive. He liked it very much, he liked it all, particularly some of the first tracks we started with. And Charlie liked it. He's all about the grooves, he's got a great ear." claims Jagger in the same report.

"I don't know if Keith really listens to that much. I don't know what Keith listens to. He says he listens to Chuck Berry, I wonder if it is actually true." added the front man in the same post.

I am shocked you drew so many of these folks in. I mean quoting the India Times for God's sake. And the Hindu Post. These towel heads have no conception of what the Stones are doing.

If these folks really follow the Stones it shouldn't have taken a New York second to see Mick's tongue-in-cheek humor with the line "We'll Charlie couldn't get a plaque, obviously".

Come on people, put down the Tetrahydrocannabinol for one minute and pay attention.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: September 13, 2011 15:12

WilliamPatrickMaynard
These two have taken jabs at each other in the media for decades.

Yes, I think it's safe to assume they always will!

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: September 13, 2011 15:16

GADAWG : I am shocked you drew so many of these folks in. I mean quoting the India Times for God's sake. And the Hindu Post. These towel heads have no conception of what the Stones are doing.

" Towel Heads..." ? Is it meant in the disrepectful way I understand it ?

Posted by: LastStopThisTown ()
Date: September 13, 2011 16:10

shortfatfanny
GADAWG : I am shocked you drew so many of these folks in. I mean quoting the India Times for God's sake. And the Hindu Post. These towel heads have no conception of what the Stones are doing.

I read that as a racist remark, yes. A shame, especially on these boards.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 13, 2011 16:20

this is the dumbest thread ever since the quote is so far out of context that it is laughable.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 13, 2011 17:23

GADAWG
Outlaw

The legendary front man plans to pursue he 50th year anniversary concert without his lead guitarist, Keith Richards, because of a recent misunderstanding.

It seems that the feud between the founding members of the Rolling Stones, Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, is not passing the test of time as a new one boils up a year before the band's 50th anniversary. Mick Jagger wants to do the concert without the presence of Keith Richards because of some negative comments the guitarist wrote on his biography, "Life."

According to what Richards wrote, Jagger's personal wants hindered the solid plans of an anniversary tour. The comment was made after Jagger announced that he would want to play at the Marquee club in London where they had their first ever gig. Jagger has claimed that he won't be inviting his band mate, who recently won GQ's Writer of the Year, to the reunion concert.

"Maybe we could go back to the Marquee to accept a plaque for 50 years of service instead of a tour. That could work - except Keith obviously can't come. Charlie Watts [who wasn't at the first performance] can come but he wouldn't get the plaque obviously." says Jagger in a post by Times of India.

Jagger has collaborated with the likes of Damian Marley, Joss Stone and AR Rahman for the band's new record, but it seems like not everyone is pleased about it. Jagger opened up about how his former band mates are willing to listen to the Rolling Stone's new record aside from Richards.

"Ronnie's listened to it. He's sweet, he's very supportive. He liked it very much, he liked it all, particularly some of the first tracks we started with. And Charlie liked it. He's all about the grooves, he's got a great ear." claims Jagger in the same report.

"I don't know if Keith really listens to that much. I don't know what Keith listens to. He says he listens to Chuck Berry, I wonder if it is actually true." added the front man in the same post.

I am shocked you drew so many of these folks in. I mean quoting the India Times for God's sake. And the Hindu Post. These towel heads have no conception of what the Stones are doing.

If these folks really follow the Stones it shouldn't have taken a New York second to see Mick's tongue-in-cheek humor with the line "We'll Charlie couldn't get a plaque, obviously".

Come on people, put down the Tetrahydrocannabinol for one minute and pay attention.

"Towel Heads", really? Remember, these "Towel Heads" have nuclear weapons...

Date: September 13, 2011 17:34

71Tele
GADAWG
Outlaw

the original post was bad enough. not sure what your point is - weird

Posted by: atip ()
Date: September 13, 2011 18:48

Yep, reliable sources say Keith's being replaced by Buddy Holly.

Date: September 13, 2011 19:15

Just heard on Absolute Classic Rock radio station,Mick will be on in the next week or two being interviewed by a DJ.Obviously not going to be live and not going to be Ronnie.Will keep my ears open for more info.Nothing on their website yet. eye rolling smiley

Date: September 13, 2011 19:16

elunsi
No discussion about the "not everyone sees the big picture"? He clearly means Keith here. And the other things he said about recollections tell me that they probably don´t laugh about all that.

Jagger is clearly referring to Keith here. Overall, there seems to be no humor left between Jagger and Richards

‘I don’t know if Keith really listens to that much. I don’t know what Keith listens to.’

I tell him Keith is usually quoted as saying he listens to Chuck Berry.

Jagger shrugs: ‘Yeah, that is what he says. I wonder if it is actually true.’

Again, in recent years, the above quote (along with the NY TIMES magazine article where Jagger says "Personally, I think it’s really quite tedious raking over the past. Mostly, people only do it for the money" are the only shots Jagger has taken at Keith in interviews.

Listening requires a clear mind, concentration, focus, attention....

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 13, 2011 19:34

.....it also requires quite often a lack of prejudice....which is ofetn difficult to find on here some times....

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 13, 2011 19:37

shortfatfanny

Their is no respectful way about it.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: September 13, 2011 23:48

Cool down, people! Mick was just misquoted. What he was trying to say is:

"Mick Jagger Wants Keith Richards Without Rolling Stones Reunion"

If that makes sense...

Date: September 13, 2011 23:57

wanderingspirit66
71Tele
GADAWG
Outlaw

the original post was bad enough. not sure what your point is - weird

Yeah, badly put on my part. I was rather surprised by the poor taste in the use of this rather racist expression, and made it worse by jokingly suggesting that these people not be upset, as they possess nuclear weapons...ok, never mind.

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: September 14, 2011 00:55

"Trollin' trollin' trollin' ... keep them doggies rollin', rawhiiide ..."

Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: September 14, 2011 01:39

The real reason that keith can't make the stones reunion is that he is helping me restring my guitar collection.

Mick's covering for him! Cheers mick

(Papers, whats a load of shit!)

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 14, 2011 01:42

mr_c_ox
The real reason that keith can't make the stones reunion is that he is helping me restring my guitar collection.

That's way cool, man. I'm jealous.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: September 14, 2011 01:49

mr_c_ox

Mick's covering for him! Cheers mick

(Papers, whats a load of shit!)

Make sure he puts all six strings on!

Posted by: matsumoto33 ()
Date: September 14, 2011 07:57

These towel heads have no conception of what the Stones are doing.

[/quote]

Twat.

Posted by: novica ()
Date: September 14, 2011 09:20

maybe i slept a few years ,correct if i'm wrong
but, WHEN exactly BREAKUP or SPLIT-UP,call it what you want, HAPPENED ??????
in order to have headline like Mick Jagger Wants REUNION !

load of sh**, if you ask me

we shoud be happy for the upcoming events,Some Girls reissue...
and the tour will come along next year...

smileys with beer

Posted by: RollingStonesRob ()
Date: September 14, 2011 10:09

Keith without the stones is no more.

htttp://www.last.fm/user/rocknrollcola

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: September 14, 2011 10:25

Here's a broadcast from Dutch television, with an interview with Mick. The interview took place
AFTER the boys were seen in London together. Though the interview is supposed to be about Super
Heavy, there is a lot of talking about the Stones going on, including about the rumours for
a 50th anniversary tour.

Nieuwsuur Dutch television

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-14 11:33 by marcovandereijk.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 14, 2011 11:16

Thanks Marco. I forgot to record it. Very nice to see it again.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: September 14, 2011 12:58

marcovandereijk
Here's a broadcast from Dutch television, with an interview with Mick. The interview took place
AFTER the boys were seen in London together. Though the interview is supposed to be about Super
Heavy, there is a lot of talking about the Stones going on, including about the rumours for
a 50th anniversary tour.

Nieuwsuur Dutch television

Thanks for posting.Mick looked and acted very relaxed and not at all annoyed about Stones questions. thumbs up

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: September 14, 2011 13:15

crawdaddy
Mick looked and acted very relaxed and not at all annoyed about Stones questions.

I liked his dismissive gesture when the reporter asked about the rumours.
And the way he asked Dave if he would pay to see the Stones tour. Mick's sense of humor is
priceless these days.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: pftw04 ()
Date: September 14, 2011 15:19

Deep Purple went on without Blackmore after the late 80s or early 90s.Now had STONES started touring without Keith at that period,it would have been justified. But now its not.And further Keith looks much healthier than in 2007-2008 and we also saw a pics of him in recording studio.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2268
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home