Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: Mick Jagger Wants Rolling Stones Reunion Without Keith Richards
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 12, 2011 23:51

Just let's stay OT: (On Topic).

If Mick wants a reunion without Keith (which I doubt) I'm OUT

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: September 12, 2011 23:59

NICOS

"Reunion without...." sounds very....bizarre,anyway.

Don´t worry NICOS,you got to stay IN !

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 13, 2011 00:04

what a load of f.... bullshit.
nonsense
bye
jeroen

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 13, 2011 00:05

NICOS

The whole story is absolute made up BS.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: September 13, 2011 00:07

There's no way Mick could go on stage as 'The Rolling Stones' without Keith.........it would be in court 'til 2062 (ala Roger Waters - Pink Floyd)......but...........I guess ..................there's always............ Mick Jagger and the Rollin' Stones.......................smoking smiley

Ther's nothing in that interview to say Mick was seriously suggesting anything of the sort.........the interviewer was either just thick or has deliberately 'trolled' things up.........

I remember reading in the Sun in 2006 that Keith was not going to walk again let alone play guitar.........
I think most people know the thing about journalists never letting the truth hinder a good headline..........................tiresome twats

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-13 00:15 by EddieByword.

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: September 13, 2011 00:11

why are we even talking about this still?

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: September 13, 2011 00:12

mick has no power to not invite keith cmon!!!!!!!! its all bull anyway so

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-13 00:14 by melillo.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 13, 2011 00:13

If I was able to close a thread...this was the first one

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: September 13, 2011 00:26

Mick made a joke, writer didn't understand nor asked abouit it and obviously some here don't, can't, won't or didn't (like me, who completely forgot about - but did know about - exactly what Mick was joking about until a few people mentioned Keith swinging the guitar at the head of the dude who ran the Marquee - which is ironic because I was looking at Rolling With The Stones the other day and Bill talks about it, yet in that article it went right over my head).

So no big deal. Doesn't mean anything. Just a joke that has nothing to do with the Stones remote possibility of touring next year.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: September 13, 2011 01:05

crawdaddy
I am convinced now that Mick was holding his own personal copy of ''LIFE'' as they left the building in London last week.Face to face with Keef he flicked the pages and told him what he thought.The article about Super Heavy is quite good but the Mick and Keith part of it has been extremely exaggerated out of all proportion in my opinion. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

not picking on you specifically...but how can you say half of it is good and believable and the other half is exaggerated?

i don't know what's true and what's not...or the legitimacy of the source but isn't this a perfect example of only wanting to believe what we want to believe? seems that a lot of us are more than willing to accept it as truth if it's what we want to hear.

like many, i'm suspicious too...because this isn't the way Mick usually conducts himself but..maybe he said this stuff. maybe he was in a joking mood and it didn't translate. maybe he was in a serious mood. (?) maybe he didn't say an of it.
i don't know....but it's interesting how we pick and choose what we want to believe.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 13, 2011 01:05

ROCKMAN

Date: September 13, 2011 01:10

(another) good post Rockman!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 13, 2011 01:14

......GOOD!!! .... I reckon that's one of me best cut and paste jobs ever...!!!

.....Thanks sweet Only joking

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: September 13, 2011 01:29

This is just a PR work for 2012.

Had to figure someone would eventually pin Jagger down and ask him what he thought of Keith's book - so he makes a joke out of 'Keith obviously won't be there for the reunion' like he was on probation or something. It's the same as the comment about the size of his member. Jeez I go from a smiling business get-together in London to this?!

Posted by: Mick The Lip ()
Date: September 13, 2011 01:50

I hope was a misunderstandig between Mick and the journalists maybe reffered at the story of Harold Pendleton......but if the words of Mick Jagger were serious i find those unspeakable.....NO KEITH, NO ROLLING STONES. This is really ridiculous...maximum could celebrate his 50 year career and do not pass it as the anniversary of The Rolling Stones

Posted by: Mick The Lip ()
Date: September 13, 2011 02:59

I thought about this thing.....Mick is too intelligent to say these bullshit.
For me Mick and Keith decided together Mick to make this interwiew some days ago when the meet in London.....and the reason is obvious!!!

Date: September 13, 2011 02:59

OK, maybe all you wishful thinkers will finally STOP TALKING ABOUT A REUNION. It aib't gonna happen.

Date: September 13, 2011 03:38

Rockman
......GOOD!!! .... I reckon that's one of me best cut and paste jobs ever...!!!

you're right . it's better than "good". I think the Pendleton anecdote is a legitimate explanation for
Mick's statement. thanks for making the effort to dig that up Rockman.

Posted by: steini ()
Date: September 13, 2011 04:54

"Stones" without Keith seems to me what some of you have been hoping. Not me. Without Mick, keith or Charlie they could not call themself The Rolling Stones.

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: September 13, 2011 05:27

21stcenturystones
OK, maybe all you wishful thinkers will finally STOP TALKING ABOUT A REUNION. It aib't gonna happen.

A reunion for what exactly?

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: September 13, 2011 05:40

lem motlow
proudmary-listen,i would never claim to "know" mick jagger.however, after watching a persons actions and reading their words for several decades you can get a pretty good idea what they're about.

this should make you feel better-i'm positive that while being annoyed by keiths insults mick looks at the big picture.it gained publicity for the band and got people talking.it built up anticipation-"will they play together again?" "has keith finally done it this time?""tour? record?" is it over?

plays right into hands everytime-they'll record this winter and will be on the road by next year and the book and insults will just be another footnote in a very long story.

I think you are spot on Lem. Only time will tell though.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 13, 2011 06:30

21stcenturystones
The only thing I keep hoping won't happen is you posting again. But I do give you credit for your abilty to type with 1 hand.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-13 06:30 by sweetcharmedlife.

Date: September 13, 2011 07:33

The only thing I keep hoping won't happen is you posting again. But I do give you credit for your abilty to type with 1 hand.
(Un)charmed, apparently youu've never watched Fat Albert, the cartoon. He says "it aib't gonna happen". SO, again, before you shoot the messenger remember, think outloud before you reply. IDIOT.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: September 13, 2011 08:54

Chuck is posting encouraging things on FB.

Have hope and good cheer.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: September 13, 2011 09:08

Well, to tour with Faces without Rod Stewart is even worser than left Keith out from the touring Stones..even worser....

I'll say to Mick and Ron...tour as much as you want, but don't under the name The Rolling Stones and Faces with Keith and Rod Stewart left out...!!!

smoking smileycool smileysad smileyangry smiley

2 1 2 0

Date: September 13, 2011 09:12

proudmary
Justin
And the award for IORR Board Drama Queen goes to.......

this is the main difference between women and men. women call a spade a spade, and prefer to discuss the issue. men prefer to sweep under the rug and be silent. and then they call a woman a drama queen.
Yes, I accept the title and I'm proud of it)))

I've never seen you say anything to all the people on IORR, dissing Keith for his body parts. How come? People have been joking with his swollen fingers for years...

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 13, 2011 09:52

sweet neo con
crawdaddy
I am convinced now that Mick was holding his own personal copy of ''LIFE'' as they left the building in London last week.Face to face with Keef he flicked the pages and told him what he thought.The article about Super Heavy is quite good but the Mick and Keith part of it has been extremely exaggerated out of all proportion in my opinion. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

not picking on you specifically...but how can you say half of it is good and believable and the other half is exaggerated?

i don't know what's true and what's not...or the legitimacy of the source but isn't this a perfect example of only wanting to believe what we want to believe? seems that a lot of us are more than willing to accept it as truth if it's what we want to hear.

like many, i'm suspicious too...because this isn't the way Mick usually conducts himself but..maybe he said this stuff. maybe he was in a joking mood and it didn't translate. maybe he was in a serious mood. (?) maybe he didn't say an of it.
i don't know....but it's interesting how we pick and choose what we want to believe.

I read the article on line .[www.dailymail.co.uk] It looks as if it was in ''Live'' magazine which is a glossy mag.which comes with The Mail.It was primarally all about SuperHeavy which I thought was very interesting.Maybe 15-20% and not 50% ,was about Mick and Keith and The Stones.That is the bit that has caused all this controversey.That's all I'm getting at.After reading through the article 2 or 3 times,this is the only bit that could, and has been mis-interpreted. Maybe we could go back to the Marquee to accept a plaque for 50 years of service instead (of a tour). That could work – except Keith can’t obviously come. Charlie could come but he wouldn’t get the plaque, obviously.’

It is the first time Mick has mentioned Keith. It is clearly not looking good for any kind of reunion.

As someone rightly said in this thread......................Unless you know about Keith and Harold Pendleton,which the interviewer obviously didn't ,it's so easy to get the wrong end of the stick.I did at first. winking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-13 10:53 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: jamesjagger ()
Date: September 13, 2011 11:10

Its so funny how serious people take jokes or just words out of Keith or Micks mouth.
I mean there are no Rolling Stones without Mick or Keith or even Charlie as a matter of fact.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: September 13, 2011 11:32

By High Street Ken
Tuesday, 13 September 2011
"Those two old tarts Sir Mick Jagger and Keith Richards will be at a loss come the day one of them is no longer around for the other to provoke in public. "Keef" memorably upped the ante recently courtesy of his memoir, Life, in which he suggested that his fellow Rolling Stone was an intolerable prima donna boasting nothing more than a modest manhood. Indeed, such revelations helped to earn the dishevelled rogue last week's "writer of the year" gong at the GQ magazine awards.

With the band's 50th anniversary approaching next year, Sir Mick has now caused a stir by mischievously suggesting that his troublesome bandmate won't be welcome when the group gathers to mark its half-century. With the Stones having played their first London show at the Marquee Club in 1962, Jagger remarks: "Maybe we could go back to the Marquee to accept a plaque for 50 years of service instead of a tour.That could work, except obviously Keith can't come." Those who have followed the Stones over the decades will be quick to point out that Sir Mick's threat is likely to be an idle one, particularly if, as expected, lucrative anniversary concerts are on the horizon. After all, the pair have long had an uncanny knack of putting their personal differences aside whenever several million quid is suddenly up for grabs."

[www.independent.co.uk]

Posted by: JJackFl ()
Date: September 13, 2011 12:09

Thursday 3Marquee with Cyril1 or 21/2 hour sets PS10-PS12Very good set. "Bo Diddley" received with very good applause. 612 people attended session. 1st set good warm up. 2nd set swung fabulously. Impressed some very big people. Received PS2. Paul Pond:--"Knockout."Harold Pendleton asked to be introduced. [He was the owner of the Marquee! I tried to kill the guy twice, by swinging my guitar at his head. He hated rock and roll and was always sneering.] Friday 4Flamingo ad: "Original Chicago R&B sound starring the Rollin' Stones." [And we'd never been north of bloody Watford.] Play Red Lion. Sutton. Pickup came unsoldered.Red Lion:--Band played poorly, nevertheless a raving reception especially "Bo Diddley" & "Sweet Little 16." Tony diabolical. Discussed presentation for "Flamingo."Good quote in MM. [ Melody Maker] Came up in the afternoon. Lost wallet 30 /- in itShould be retrieved.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2198
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home