Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: Mick Jagger Wants Rolling Stones Reunion Without Keith Richards
Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: September 12, 2011 22:06

proudmary
Mick Jagger has turned into an object of ridicule.
Almost a year has passed since the publication of the KR book - but the theme of Mick's penis is still hot.
who cares about tour or album or music - no, only this cheap embarrassing reality show is the matter of public interest.
I consider this to be damage to the Stones and their legacy

PD, I appreciate your devotion to Mick, but I think you are overracting. He is no being ridiculed. Most people do not pay attention, it's just us wacky fans and the journalists.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: September 12, 2011 22:12

elunsi
No discussion about the "not everyone sees the big picture"? He clearly means Keith here. And the other things he said about recollections tell me that they probably don´t laugh about all that.

I thought of Keith right away. There's was also a jab when he mentioned how he didn't know if Keith was telling the truth about listening to Chuck Berry. It must of felt good since he's been so quiet about Keith!

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: September 12, 2011 22:15

TrulyMicks
proudmary
Almost a year has passed since the publication of the KR book - but the theme of Mick's penis is still hot.
who cares about tour or album or music - no, only this cheap embarrassing reality show is the matter of public interest.

PD, I appreciate your devotion to Mick, but I think you are overracting. He is no being ridiculed. Most people do not pay attention, it's just us wacky fans and the journalists.

Agreed; if the Stones tour not one ticket sale will be lost because of Keith's book.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 12, 2011 22:19

Braincapers
TrulyMicks
proudmary

Agreed; if the Stones tour not one ticket sale will be lost because of Keith's book.
Exactly. May even sell a few more.

Date: September 12, 2011 22:19

The thing is you can dive through old interviews on TimeIsOnOurSide.com and find Mick saying similar things in the mid-seventies. There's a great one from about 1976 where Mick claims that Keith may listen to reggae but he doesn't know much about it and that Mick and Charlie are much more knowledgeable about reggae. He writes Keith off as a poseur. These two have taken jabs at each other in the media for decades. Do they wish they didn't need the other one? Of course they do. Were Keith's remarks about Mick classless and puerile? Of course they were. What else is new? Mick's digs back at him are par for the course and regardless of what they really feel, he has to respond with something since the media will bait him about it. In the end, it isn't really rock 'n' roll, it's money, big business, and egos. That usually means more product and performances so "pay for your ticket and don't complain."

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 12, 2011 22:27

TrulyMicks
elunsi
No discussion about the "not everyone sees the big picture"? He clearly means Keith here. And the other things he said about recollections tell me that they probably don´t laugh about all that.

I thought of Keith right away. There's was also a jab when he mentioned how he didn't know if Keith was telling the truth about listening to Chuck Berry. It must of felt good since he's been so quiet about Keith!

Nobody is claiming that everything is sweetness and light between Mick and Keith - it isn't, and it hasn't been for years - but the misinterpretation twisted into Mick's "Keith can't come" remark is something else entirely.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: September 12, 2011 22:30

TrulyMicks
proudmary

None of this would be a issue if Mick's busted button on his "You don't want my
trousers to fall down, now do ya" moment actually played out with his trousers
down to his ankles.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 12, 2011 22:37

Sohoe
<<Mick said Keith can't obviously come obviously. And why would that be?>>

DragonSky, it's a reference to the incident with Keith and Marquee owner Howard Pendleton back in 1971

Harold, not Howard thumbs up

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: September 12, 2011 22:37

Gazza
Thommie
I would be surprised if The Stones come back to play one single venue. And this happens be the only venue where Keith's is not welcome.

Thats precisely what Mick was getting at. Keith fell out with the Marquee's owner in 1971 and tried to hit him with a guitar.

Keith not being welcome at the Marquee was an off-hand quip which was obviously lost on the interviewer - and seemingly to most Stones fans as well...

Hi Gazza, I think you are 100% sure. The reporter didn´t understand a Mick´s joke.

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: September 12, 2011 22:38

as much as i dislike the media, i think we should cut the Daily Mail some slack this time. apart from hardcore Stones fans, how many people know that Keith was kicked out or banned or whatever it was from the Marquee? it's not exactly common knowledge. Mick told an inside joke and the media didn't get it and so they unwittingly turned it into something that they thought it was and then it spread like wildfire and now it's something more when really it was nothing to begin with.

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: September 12, 2011 22:40

What a bunch of rubbish! Mick, nor Keith, nor Charlie could tour as the Rolling Stones without permission from the others. The Rolling Stones are a business first and foremost, and a band second. They vote on everything that pertains to the organization.

But, it looks as if they've voted to tour next year. 3 people with very close ties to the Stones have confirmed this. I've even heard a strong rumor of clothier Dressman underwriting the Europe portion of the tour, with performances at various Dressman shops. The only hang up right now, is weather Cohl or Live Nation promote the US leg.

With Jagger planning a small tour with Super Heavy, I doubt an album of new material will be released. Instead, the tour will be supported by the Some Girls Deluxe release as well as the concert film.

I can't fukin wait!

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: September 12, 2011 22:41

WilliamPatrickMaynard
The thing is you can dive through old interviews on TimeIsOnOurSide.com and find Mick saying similar things in the mid-seventies. There's a great one from about 1976 where Mick claims that Keith may listen to reggae but he doesn't know much about it and that Mick and Charlie are much more knowledgeable about reggae. He writes Keith off as a poseur. These two have taken jabs at each other in the media for decades. Do they wish they didn't need the other one? Of course they do. Were Keith's remarks about Mick classless and puerile? Of course they were. What else is new? Mick's digs back at him are par for the course and regardless of what they really feel, he has to respond with something since the media will bait him about it. In the end, it isn't really rock 'n' roll, it's money, big business, and egos. That usually means more product and performances so "pay for your ticket and don't complain."

That article does that almost; there is this so called quote: "I don't know if Keith really listens to that much. I don't know what Keith listens to. He says he listens to Chuck Berry, I wonder if it is actually true." added the front man in the same post.

but according to the actual article this is what was actually said:

‘I don’t know if Keith really listens to that much. I don’t know what Keith listens to.’
I tell him Keith is usually quoted as saying he listens to Chuck Berry.
Jagger shrugs: ‘Yeah, that is what he says. I wonder if it is actually true.’

As we can all see, the author of this article TELLS Mick that Keith is usually quoted saying he listens to Chuck Berry - which is obviously convenient for the context of this article because everyone knows Keith listens to a ton of different music - in which Mick follows that up with what seems to be his view of why people would say that, which implies that's the only thing he listens to, pointing out that that is ridiculous. That's how I read it anyway.

Anyone could peruse their quotes and put something together right now that has quotes as far back as however old they are and make it sound current and 'relevant' to whatever situation. No matter, Mick simply stays neutral about anything to do with The Rolling Stones next year.

Date: September 12, 2011 22:52

You're still not getting a Christmas card.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: September 12, 2011 22:53

its always a debacle when people who are not bright enough to understand micks sense of humor try to decipher what he's saying:
the 50th anniversary of the stones is gonna be them gathering at the marquee club and getting a plaque in commemoration of 50 years of service.

and no one knows he was joking? it was a set-up,the interviewer was supposed to ask"and why couldnt keith get a plaque?" he probably had a funny line waiting but the guy didnt follow along.

so now we're not having a record or a tour,just a ceremony and keith cant come along cause mick is mad at him....and you wonder why mick always has that look on his face like he's about to burst out laughing at any seond.

Date: September 12, 2011 22:57

WilliamPatrickMaynard

X-mas? Halloween garbage is out already.

Date: September 12, 2011 23:00

lem motlow
its always a debacle when people who are not bright enough to understand micks sense of humor try to decipher what he's saying:
the 50th anniversary of the stones is gonna be them gathering at the marquee club and getting a plaque in commemoration of 50 years of service.

and no one knows he was joking? it was a set-up,the interviewer was supposed to ask"and why couldnt keith get a plaque?" he probably had a funny line waiting but the guy didnt follow along.

so now we're not having a record or a tour,just a ceremony and keith cant come along cause mick is mad at him....and you wonder why mick always has that look on his face like he's about to burst out laughing at any seond.

So that's what it's all about. Huh. I thought the Stones weren't doing anything next year because Ronnie doesn't know how long a piece of string is. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-13 00:18 by DragonSky.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: September 12, 2011 23:00

DragonSky
WilliamPatrickMaynard

In England Christmas stuff is out - true............confused smileyconfused smileyconfused smileyconfused smileyconfused smileyconfused smileyconfused smileyangry smiley

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: September 12, 2011 23:04

TrulyMicks
proudmary

To be honest, I'm tired of talking about it. most people don't listen to the Stones or don't know who they are. But those who know - well they fully aware what's going on. I believe that the article in NME and readers's comments are mocking. But I see that everyone thinks is normal and nothing special, so who am I to argue

Date: September 12, 2011 23:05

EddieByword
DragonSky
WilliamPatrickMaynard

In England Christmas stuff is out - true............confused smileyconfused smileyconfused smileyconfused smileyconfused smileyconfused smileyconfused smileyangry smiley

That's crazy. It's still summer - middle of hurricane season, getting back to being hot again, still another month or so of summer weather.

If the economy was better ya think they'd wait until the week before Halloween etc to display it all?

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: September 12, 2011 23:09

Merry Christmas everyone.smoking smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 12, 2011 23:13

Date: September 12, 2011 23:19

from Mick's interview with Spinner

What do you have planned with the Stones right now?

I just finished off doing all the outtakes for the 'Some Girls' album we're releasing at Thanksgiving. We did 'Exile,' we did a lot of different takes, a lot of different cuts that hadn't come out before, so we're doing the similar kind of thing with 'Some Girls,' so I've just been doing them because a lot of them weren't complete, so I had to complete them, and then we're gonna mix those and put them out for Thanksgiving. Then we talked about maybe what events are going to be going around for the 50th anniversary of the Rolling Stones. We don't really know the answer to that, but we talked about it a bit.

Does it blow your mind that the anniversary is coming up?

It sounds a lot of years to me. But you know, you're very lucky to have been doing it that long, so I guess I should be happy [laughs].

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: September 12, 2011 23:23

proudmary-listen,i would never claim to "know" mick jagger.however, after watching a persons actions and reading their words for several decades you can get a pretty good idea what they're about.

this should make you feel better-i'm positive that while being annoyed by keiths insults mick looks at the big picture.it gained publicity for the band and got people talking.it built up anticipation-"will they play together again?" "has keith finally done it this time?""tour? record?" is it over?

plays right into hands everytime-they'll record this winter and will be on the road by next year and the book and insults will just be another footnote in a very long story.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 12, 2011 23:24

proudmary
To be honest, I'm tired of talking about it.

Well, there is an easy solution. Get some rest

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: September 12, 2011 23:29

Rolling Hansie
proudmary

I just started to enjoy it...eye rolling smiley

Date: September 12, 2011 23:29

Rolling Hansie
proudmary

But in this case it would not be so much fun

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: September 12, 2011 23:39

DragonSky
EddieByword
DragonSky
WilliamPatrickMaynard

That's crazy. It's still summer - middle of hurricane season, getting back to being hot again, still another month or so of summer weather.

If the economy was better ya think they'd wait until the week before Halloween etc to display it all?

The voracity of big business is certainly enough to drive 'you' crazy, no doubt.....(I felt like throwing up when I saw all that lot on Saturday - relentless pressure to buy) but as I say, completely true....little chocolate Father Christmassses and snowmen all over town..........personally I think they should be banned from displaying that ware 'til after Guy Fawkes night (Fireworks night - celebration of the attempted blowing up of Parliament in England) November the 5th.....................confused smiley

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 12, 2011 23:41

proudmary
71Tele
proudmary
Gazza
proudmary

Yes, I will repeat once again - what Richards wrote caused irreparable damage to the Stones. It may have been ment as a joke, but then how it has evolved - it's not funny anymore

I think you'll find soon enough that it hasn't.

- but the theme of Mick's penis is still hot.

Quite possibly the most unintentionally funny sentence I have ever read on this forum.

But why do you think it was "unintentionally funny" - 'couse you don't like me and people we dislike can't have the sense of humor?
I'm just having fun with you guys(and yes "flavoured with Todgergate" is double entender too) - but you're too serious to get it. But I sympathize - the topic of small penises is obviously too delicate

Who says I don't like you? I don't even KNOW you. A bit paranoid, aren't we?

I just thought the sentence "the topic of Mick's penis is still hot" was hilarious. That's really all there was to it, brother.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-12 23:54 by 71Tele.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 12, 2011 23:44

Rolling Hansie
proudmary

We're all tired of talking about it.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-12 23:44 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: MissNBrian ()
Date: September 12, 2011 23:51

DragonSky
I find it to be rather infantile. Mick said Keith can't obviously come obviously. And why would that be? No explanation given or asked.

I was wondering the exact same thing myself ...
-----------------------------------------------

"Doctor please, some more men please,
To Cotchford Farm, out by the pool...

What a drag it is they couldn't revive him"

Brian Jones 2/28/42 - 7/2/69

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1944
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home