Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7
Re: Mick Jagger Wants Rolling Stones Reunion Without Keith Richards
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 12, 2011 20:14

proudmary
how? do you mean that they will soon be touring? so what? Mick Jagger has turned into an object of ridicule.
Almost a year has passed since the publication of the KR book - but the theme of Mick's penis is still hot.
who cares about tour or album or music - no, only this cheap embarrassing reality show is the matter of public interest.
I consider this to be damage to the Stones and their legacy

I give up confused smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: September 12, 2011 20:19

Justin
And the award for IORR Board Drama Queen goes to.......

this is the main difference between women and men. women call a spade a spade, and prefer to discuss the issue. men prefer to sweep under the rug and be silent. and then they call a woman a drama queen.
Yes, I accept the title and I'm proud of it)))

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: September 12, 2011 20:21

Really is a funny interview. But, please. we all are old stones fans. do you really believe in this kind of crap?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 12, 2011 20:24

proudmary
Gazza
proudmary

Yes, I will repeat once again - what Richards wrote caused irreparable damage to the Stones. It may have been ment as a joke, but then how it has evolved - it's not funny anymore

I think you'll find soon enough that it hasn't.

how? do you mean that they will soon be touring? so what? Mick Jagger has turned into an object of ridicule.
Almost a year has passed since the publication of the KR book - but the theme of Mick's penis is still hot.
who cares about tour or album or music - no, only this cheap embarrassing reality show is the matter of public interest.

Good for you. Have a banana.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: September 12, 2011 20:27

I would be surprised if The Stones come back to play one single venue. And this happens be the only venue where Keith's is not welcome.

Date: September 12, 2011 20:28

Gazza
Have a banana.

-------------------

Date: September 12, 2011 20:30

Gazza
proudmary
Gazza
proudmary

Yes, I will repeat once again - what Richards wrote caused irreparable damage to the Stones. It may have been ment as a joke, but then how it has evolved - it's not funny anymore

confused smiley

Date: September 12, 2011 20:32

Bananas are too phallic. Not todger-centric enough to work. Make it a pickle.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: September 12, 2011 20:34

OK, the topic of this thread is sheer lunacy! Really - just LOOK at it and it even LOOKS stupid:

Mick Jagger Wants Rolling Stones Reunion Without Keith Richards

1. Reunion? I wasn't aware they'd 'broken up'!smoking smiley

2. And where is that poster when I need it - the Stones have survived divorce, drugs, jail, police, US the fans, themselves, etc. A tiny comment about a PENIS cannot break this band up. (Sorry, I used the word "tiny".)

Geez, I'm about to give up here!eye rolling smiley

Thommie
I would be surprised if The Stones come back to play one single venue. And this happens be the only venue where Keith's is not welcome.

Thats precisely what Mick was getting at. Keith fell out with the Marquee's owner in 1971 and tried to hit him with a guitar.

Keith not being welcome at the Marquee was an off-hand quip which was obviously lost on the interviewer - and seemingly to most Stones fans as well...

Posted by: 71Tele ()

proudmary
Gazza
proudmary

- but the theme of Mick's penis is still hot.

Quite possibly the most unintentionally funny sentence I have ever read on this forum.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: September 12, 2011 20:35

71Tele
I am sure that if Jagger didn't want Keith at the Marquee he wouldn't have attended a band meeting with him just last week.

The others probably just met him to say "Hey cock, you're fired!"

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: September 12, 2011 20:38

Never read such a pile of shit as this...if anything it's publicity for the pending tour, more likely though some nobody hack has strtched and twisted a throw away stament from Jagger into an extended sensationalised article

Date: September 12, 2011 20:39

Cocaine Eyes
where is that poster when I need it

This one ?

-------------------

Date: September 12, 2011 20:42

WilliamPatrickMaynard
Bananas are too phallic. Not todger-centric enough to work. Make it a pickle.

they're too small. And size seems to be a sensitive subject at the moment.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 12, 2011 20:47

71Tele
proudmary
Gazza
proudmary

Quite possibly the most unintentionally funny sentence I have ever read on this forum.

Probably gave idea to some of the 1975 stage setup ;o)

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: September 12, 2011 20:47

Rolling Hansie
Cocaine Eyes
where is that poster when I need it

This one ?

YES!! Thanks!

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: September 12, 2011 20:49

Gazza
proudmary
Gazza
proudmary

Which kind? There are hundreds.

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: September 12, 2011 20:50

proudmary
Gazza
proudmary

the most credible statement in this is "I consider this to be damage to the Stones and their",,, I as in you,,,

proudmary you have seem to taken this to heart more so then im sure Mr. Jagger has,,,

you pounce at this topic or bring this topic into most every conversation that you enter,,,

the joke of it has become you and your infactuation with this subject,,

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: September 12, 2011 20:53

Gazza
Thommie

Thats precisely what Mick was getting at. Keith fell out with the Marquee's owner in 1971 and tried to hit him with a guitar.

Keith not being welcome at the Marquee was an off-hand quip which was obviously lost on the interviewer - and seemingly to most Stones fans as well...

Not a talked about event as it admittedly even eluded me at first. I have read about it, yes, but for whatever reason I didn't make the...connection.

Date: September 12, 2011 20:54

71Tele
proudmary
Gazza
proudmary

But why do you think it was "unintentionally funny" - 'couse you don't like me and people we dislike can't have the sense of humor?
I'm just having fun with you guys(and yes "flavoured with Todgergate" is double entender too) - but you're too serious to get it. But I sympathize - the topic of small penises is obviously too delicate

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: September 12, 2011 20:55

FFS Jaggers cock, big, little, average...I doubt he gives a shit, he's done mighty fine with it and it has serviced some of the world's most beautiful women - and continues to do so! Stop worrying about the todger thing Mary, I'm Jagger has and he and Keith have probably had many a laugh about it. It's the way guys do things.

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: September 12, 2011 20:57

"todgergate" doesn't even make any sense. oh how i wish people and the media would quit using "gate" as a suffix to describe every scandal. their attempt at being clever is a failure.

Posted by: elunsi ()
Date: September 12, 2011 21:13

No discussion about the "not everyone sees the big picture"? He clearly means Keith here. And the other things he said about recollections tell me that they probably donĀ“t laugh about all that.

Posted by: johnnyjolene ()
Date: September 12, 2011 21:13

Keith got kicked out from the Marquee and wasn't allowed to go back ever again. i thing Mick was reffering to that.

this todger thing=keith is not coming to 50th anniversaru gig IS JUST STUPID.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: September 12, 2011 21:20

For Chris sake how could anybody be stupid enough to take this at face value?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 12, 2011 21:28

This is ridiculous. Mick is speculating (evasively, as usual) about what if anything might happen to commemorate the first "Rolling Stones" performance at the Marquee, just as he does in the filmed SuperHeavy interview (15.50 onwards here):

[www.highwire-therollingstones.de]

It sounds as if Mick would prefer to celebrate their first gig with Charlie and Bill on board, and Keith "can't come" to the Marquee because he is either still persona non grata there or still carrying on some personal resolve never to darken its doors again ... not because Mick is going to forbid it, for goodness' sake!

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: September 12, 2011 21:28

Gazza
Never ceases to amaze me how some Stones fans read the same original articles as the rest of us, watch how the more conniving elements of the world's press copy and paste selected extracts and twist it into something it isn't, and then fall for it hook, line and sinker EVERY time. Even though they have more 'facts' at their disposal than the average journalist (such as the fact that this article was actually written weeks before the Stones' recent meeting)

The sheer gullibility is truly mind-boggling. To a journalist, it must be akin to shooting fish in a barrel.

Well said Gazza, you hit the nail on the head.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: September 12, 2011 21:30

71Tele
I am sure that if Jagger didn't want Keith at the Marquee he wouldn't have attended a band meeting with him just last week.

Lol, valid point 71Tele.

Posted by: Outlaw ()
Date: September 12, 2011 21:40

On a Dutch news site (Nu.Jij) they placed the story about Jagger not wanting to tour with Keith. So I linked this thread on their forum and wrote that it all is a mistake. And just a few minutes ago, they placed a new article: "Rolling Stones' fans doubt Jagger's statement". Now I don't know if I (and you guys) own credits on this one, but atleast they put the record straight.

Here's the link to the article:

[www.nujij.nl]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-12 21:51 by Outlaw.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1398
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home