Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 12
Re: Breaking News.....Amy Winehouse dead
Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: July 24, 2011 15:23

How very sad and pathetic.

Posted by: donteverstop ()
Date: July 24, 2011 16:16

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 24, 2011 16:52

Keith is a musician who indulged in drug activities.
Amy was a drug addict who indulged in musical activities...

Date: July 24, 2011 17:00

Well said.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 24, 2011 17:04

donteverstop

classic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fright nite baby!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: sirdoug ()
Date: July 24, 2011 17:10

sucks

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 24, 2011 17:15

donteverstop
dcba
Well said.

How many more people are going to create bogus 2nd
names so they can "Well said" themselves? How pathetic.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 24, 2011 17:20

Would the haters please vent their sexual frustrations somewhere else, please?

Date: July 24, 2011 17:49

Well said Al...

Date: July 24, 2011 17:59

Max'sKansasCity
donteverstop
dcba
Well said.

How many more people are going to create bogus 2nd S
names so they can "Well said" themselves? How pathetic.

lol, I wish I could post under steel driving hammer like I used to here but I had a run in w/ an addictive drug that stopped me from posting.

So now clean, I wanted to get back into following the Stones here but forgot my old password, so I just thought of another.

No big deal, you shouldn't take it so hard...

Posted by: PammyB ()
Date: July 24, 2011 18:05

tonterapi
PammyB
24FPS
Wow. She learned nothing from the mistakes of those who destroyed themselves before her.

Like Keith? eye rolling smiley
Brian Jones

Touche. thumbs up

Posted by: Melvin Starbrook ()
Date: July 24, 2011 18:11

thanks for all... RIP... your music stays forever... remembering one of your performances at jool holland back in 2003... bye bye amy..

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: July 24, 2011 18:14

Very sad.

I was not a huge fan. I knew her more for the stories of her drug abuse. I guess I took it for granted that she would get the drugging out of her system on her own at some point. I hope other artists in similar situations see this as a wake-up call. No one is invincible, even if Keith makes it look so.

My thoughts & prayers are with her family.

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: July 24, 2011 18:17

No words....so sad,,,cause she was the best

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: July 24, 2011 18:26

71Tele
EddieByword
Rip This
EddieByword

When I see a person with so little respect for anything I'm afraid I don't have respect for them.....dead or alive............

btw shouldn't this thread be OT ?.........................

I think you should also consider that her additctions were a sickness. Some get the help they need in time and some unfortunately do not. Nonetheless, I think the last thing one should do right now is judge.

I had those 'addictions',('70,s & early '80,s) many of my friends including my sister died from them too, when I got married (in the morning) I went to my good friend's funeral in the afternoon...........I overcame my addictions with no help from anyone except my wife who once put a cold fannel on my forehead when I was shaking and sweating. I broke the physical and psychological hold in one move...by asking and answering one question....Did I want to live or die ?...and understanding that to answer in the affirmative and then possibly play with that new will thereafter I was going to die. Afterwards I realised regarding others with similar problems that I was not at all special...that question is there, in everybody, to be asked to themselves and answered free of charge. When you get caught up like that with substances there is a way out and all you have to do is let the will to survive blossom and not play around deceiving yourself or others. The Will will sort out all the other side effects - no problem.
I realised when I got better that there is only one thing stopping anybody from proceeding and succeeding on the same path as me and that's a propensity for self pity and self induglence. Since then I've not subscribed to the notion that addicts have an illness at all...it's just self-indulgence. Illness is where one has no choice. I had a life threatening cancer about 20 years ago...In that case I felt completely impotent, I think the idea that addicts are impotent, citing "I can't help my self...I'm addicted" is a myth put about to excuse their self indulgence." All someone has to do to shake the shackles of toxic substances is.. they must want to.....This is borne out also by experienced rehab centres who will tell every patient...."There's no chance of this treatment succeeding unless you want it to"...........(personally I think rehab is a self-indulgence too....man...grow up and sort yourself out).......

Also there's a thing that's said of addicts..."once you've completed the program that's not the end...once an addict always an addict ...it's just a matter of taking each day as it comes and keeping the substances at bay...which will always be a struggle........for the rest of your life"
Well I can't relate to that either... I NEVER think about drink, drugs or even cigarettes (Which I gave up 10 years ago from 40 a day).......NEVER...EVER..........my will to live has me too involved in life affirming pastimes for these things to ever enter my consciousness..........EVER....(Tonight being the exception of course).......

Very wise. Thanks for sharing. Look, some people get better by buying into the "disease" model of addiction, but you have shown that it is possible to achieve something beyond "sobriety", which is transcendence. This is within every human being's potential. The "once an addict, always an addict" approach that AA and other similar philosophies push is not the only way. Some people indeed never struggle once they have given up addictive substances. Never relapse. Never go to meetings. Never need to.

Ms. Winehouse was very young. But it seemed she was absolutely determined to complete her self-destruction. When someone is that determined (as we learned with Cobain) there is not much others can do to stop them.

Your personality is formed by the time you're 5 or 6 years old and if you've suffered a lot of trauma, your brain is formed differently from a lot of people who didn't necessarily go through all that. You can find spots in the brain that are supposed to show a normal amount of activity but they're stone cold on the brain scan. Apparently she used to cut herself - which is a telltale sign of sexual abuse when you were younger. Molestation victims never get better, they're the opposite side of the molesters (who never get any better) I know - I ended up with one, and the more therapy they did to her, the more (number of) personalities came out. So they had to medicate the memories, because there's not much you can do about changing behavior, trusting people, or loving yourself. Any of those things that people who were raised in a non-abusive environment can achieve because their brains are wired to be receptive and open. People that got abused (maybe even just beat on) have to operate with a closed mindset to avoid being hurt, it's human nature. It's like an animal that's being cornered - who else are you gonna rely on? There is no one. The normal person believes that there's always 'someone, or some way, or something there' to reach out to. That's because they've been surrounded by love and trust. They're allowed to fail without being humiliated. Why wouldn't they think you could be transcendent? They don't know any different and you can't expect them to.

Date: July 24, 2011 18:39

Brue
Your personality is formed by the time you're 5 or 6 years old and if you've suffered a lot of trauma, your brain is formed differently from a lot of people who didn't necessarily go through all that. You can find spots in the brain that are supposed to show a normal amount of activity but they're stone cold on the brain scan. Apparently she used to cut herself - which is a telltale sign of sexual abuse when you were younger. Molestation victims never get better, they're the opposite side of the molesters (who never get any better) I know - I ended up with one, and the more therapy they did to her, the more (number of) personalities came out. So they had to medicate the memories, because there's not much you can do about changing behavior, trusting people, or loving yourself. Any of those things that people who were raised in a non-abusive environment can achieve because their brains are wired to be receptive and open. People that got abused (maybe even just beat on) have to operate with a closed mindset to avoid being hurt, it's human nature. It's like an animal that's being cornered - who else are you gonna rely on? There is no one. The normal person believes that there's always 'someone, or some way, or something there' to reach out to. That's because they've been surrounded by love and trust. They're allowed to fail without being humiliated. Why wouldn't they think you could be transcendent? They don't know any different and you can't expect them to.

Man.... sigh... I am no expert on any of this, but I have empathy.... and it makes the whole situation even sadder... and reading all these people judging and chastising and making jokes... and poking fun... this is a sad sad sad situation.... heart breaking.

Date: July 24, 2011 18:44

the last thing i wanna do is to polute this thread
i do wanna say something to some here who survived...the shit....annd....now kickin people on the face...without respect or mercy...doin this ego thing here...so glad they survived! So glad they or he disrespect a dead artist young woman...before the funeral..... even happened..insulting those who loved her...and all the other talents who died unhappyl heartbreak after the heartbreak...shame on you

Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: July 24, 2011 18:47

RIP AMy. I hope you find peace now and get away from your demons that plagued here Thanks for the tunes.

Posted by: Baxter Thwaites ()
Date: July 24, 2011 18:50

They tried to make me go to rehab.

I wish I'd gone, gone gone!!!!

Date: July 24, 2011 19:24

rooster
So glad they or he disrespect a dead artist young woman...before the funeral..... even happened..insulting those who loved her...and all the other talents who died unhappyl heartbreak after the heartbreak...shame on you

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: July 24, 2011 19:24

Saw her in Chicago at Lolla where it seems she put on one of her last coherent shows. Quite a performance. RIP Amy

Date: July 24, 2011 19:34

I hesitate to reply... take the bait....
I dont want to start a whole session about it... but...

I dont think Keith ever spoke directly to/about her,
I think he just made snide comments about whats-his-name
making money writing and rewriting songs about dead blondes.

Not really the same as all of these snide comments about Amy passing away.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 24, 2011 19:39

rooster
i do wanna say something to some here who survived...the shit....annd....now kickin people on the face...without respect or mercy...doin this ego thing here...so glad they survived! So glad they or he disrespect a dead artist young woman...before the funeral..... even happened..insulting those who loved her...and all the other talents who died unhappyl heartbreak after the heartbreak...shame on you

rooster,exactly my thoughts...well put.
Thank you.

Posted by: Baxter Thwaites ()
Date: July 24, 2011 20:17

Max'sKansasCity
I hesitate to reply... take the bait....
I dont want to start a whole session about it... but...

I dont think Keith ever spoke directly to/about her,
I think he just made snide comments about whats-his-name
making money writing and rewriting songs about dead blondes.

Not really the same as all of these snide comments about Amy passing away.

Keith was spot on in his comments about Reg Dwight.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 24, 2011 20:53

shortfatfanny
rooster

Thank you.

As I'm the only person here that's written in terms of survival I thought I'd better respond......
It's got nothing to do with ego.......It was suggested to me that she had an illness, I didn't and don't agree with that. In order to explain my opinion and how I came to the conclusions I did about drug addiction I wrote a brief history of some of what happened to me....See below; the full text is is up the top of this page.....

>>Quote
EddieByword
When I see a person with so little respect for anything I'm afraid I don't have respect for them.....dead or alive............
Rip This
I think you should also consider that her additctions were a sickness. Some get the help they need in time and some unfortunately do not. Nonetheless, I think the last thing one should do right now is judge.
EddieByword....(my answer)........ is up the top of this page.....<<

Again...nothing to do with ego........If you can't understand the context of that simple exchange you'll never understand anything.........eye rolling smiley
Re. respect.......I re-post to you below my original post which started this line of discussion..........which I stand by.....

yawning smiley
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>She had no respect..................
for...her own talent..(what there was of it ...as someone else said...prefer Marlene Dietrich, Rickie lee Jones & Duffy myself)....by not developing it fully and indulging in substance abuse instead......and then resting on her laurels and acting like the world owed her because of one BIG album......
......For her fellow musicians/artists,,,check out the last performance video above, just such disrespect not being ready while that guy tries to hold it togethor for her... & her arrogant performance as guest of the Stones at the Isle of Wight 2007......again, not ready and so disrespectful not to be ready......(Mick was brilliant though...Thank you A-M-Y...(Whispers......Don't call us, we'll call you)
......For her audience,,,,,,,check out her last show........
......No respect for the power of her influence and no regard for the bad example she was setting..........
......For history and the misfortunes of others who indulged in the same way.......
......For her parents who had to watch this and now suffer this until they die........
......For herself..........
......And most significantly she had no respect for the drugs she was taking and the power of them....
......Rehab.....LMAO....if ever a song came back to bite someone in the ass....

btw shouldn't this thread be OT ?.........................<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

As for insulting the people who loved her...(for me that means family, not fans)..........She did that all on her own........

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-24 21:08 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 24, 2011 21:44

Not having respect for someone dead or alive is one thing - you're not obliged to care one way or the other - but finding the demise of a young woman to be amusing

- " Rehab.....LMAO....if ever a song came back to bite someone in the ass...." -

is pretty poor form.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-24 21:45 by Gazza.

Date: July 24, 2011 22:04

EddieByword
shortfatfanny
rooster

Thank you.

As I'm the only person here that's written in terms of survival I thought I'd better respond......
It's got nothing to do with ego.......It was suggested to me that she had an illness, I didn't and don't agree with that. In order to explain my opinion and how I came to the conclusions I did about drug addiction I wrote a brief history of some of what happened to me....See below; the full text is is up the top of this page.....

>>Quote
EddieByword
Rip This
EddieByword....(my answer)........ is up the top of this page.....<<

Again...nothing to do with ego........If you can't understand the context of that simple exchange you'll never understand anything.........eye rolling smiley
Re. respect.......I re-post to you below my original post which started this line of discussion..........which I stand by.....

yawning smiley
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>She had no respect..................
for...her own talent..(what there was of it ...as someone else said...prefer Marlene Dietrich, Rickie lee Jones & Duffy myself)....by not developing it fully and indulging in substance abuse instead......and then resting on her laurels and acting like the world owed her because of one BIG album......
......For her fellow musicians/artists,,,check out the last performance video above, just such disrespect not being ready while that guy tries to hold it togethor for her... & her arrogant performance as guest of the Stones at the Isle of Wight 2007......again, not ready and so disrespectful not to be ready......(Mick was brilliant though...Thank you A-M-Y...(Whispers......Don't call us, we'll call you)
......For her audience,,,,,,,check out her last show........
......No respect for the power of her influence and no regard for the bad example she was setting..........
......For history and the misfortunes of others who indulged in the same way.......
......For her parents who had to watch this and now suffer this until they die........
......For herself..........
......And most significantly she had no respect for the drugs she was taking and the power of them....
......Rehab.....LMAO....if ever a song came back to bite someone in the ass....

btw shouldn't this thread be OT ?.........................<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

As for insulting the people who loved her...(for me that means family, not fans)..........She did that all on her own........
you dont agree with this or that? respect for drugs?
you talk like god....a boring ex j....who needs to feel good puttin a woman who just died down

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 24, 2011 22:19

donteverstop

almost as 'amatuer' as your spelling skills. Steelie.

Wasnt funny when you posted it on RO either. Idiot.

Posted by: SpanishStone ()
Date: July 24, 2011 22:32

Rest in Peace Amy.

Have a big gig with Brian, Jimmy, Jim, Janis, and Kurt

[www.stonescovers.com]
@Stones_Covers
[www.facebook.com]

Date: July 24, 2011 22:34

She had a great voice and raw talent.

I wished she would of lived forever! I really do.

Starting to regret that I posted that pic.

But,

All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on.” – Havelock Ellis

“There’s no need to miss someone from your past- There’s a reason they didn’t make it to your future” – Unknown

“Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.” – From good ole Dr. Seuss

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1308
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home