Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 12
Re: Breaking News.....Amy Winehouse dead
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 23, 2011 20:48

Duane in Houston
What strikes me as strange is that I never heard of her taking stuff that would kill you, like heroin. If it wasn't an outright suicide I would guess a lethal combo of tranqs and alcohol.

Go easy Sis.

?

She's been addicted to class A drugs on and off for about five years.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 23, 2011 20:48

Amy on stage only last Wednesday

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 23, 2011 20:49

I never ever saw why she was supposed to be that talented, but it's certainly a big waste that she's dead. So sad to hear this. Poor girl. sad smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: July 23, 2011 20:49

being treated as a 'crime scene'

Ambulance crews unable to save her.....being reported as 'unexplained'

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 23, 2011 20:50

Gazza
Duane in Houston
What strikes me as strange is that I never heard of her taking stuff that would kill you, like heroin. If it wasn't an outright suicide I would guess a lethal combo of tranqs and alcohol.

Go easy Sis.

?

She's been addicted to class A drugs on and off for about five years.

Very sad news but it was going to happen, wasn't it. Some people have a death wish and I think Amy was one of them. It makes you think how lucky Keith and Ronnie are for still being alive considering the amount of caning they've done. RIP Amy.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 23, 2011 20:52

Lorenz
confirmed...aged 27

Age 27 - again. Brian, Jimi, Jim Morrison, Janis, Kurt Kobain....

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()

Mick somewhat foretold Amy's death in 2007

Mick Jagger Fears Amy Winehouse Might Die If she continues her lifestyle...
October 02, 2007 by Jason Gregory

Mick Jagger has said that he’s worried that Amy Winehouse might die if she continues to live her current lifestyle.

Winehouse performed with the Rolling Stones earlier this year at the Isle of Wight festival in June but had to cancel scheduled support slots with the band in Germany in August after her alleged overdose.

Jagger told the Sun: “Amy is a brilliant artist who makes fantastic music. She has class. But I’m worried she might die if she goes down the road that she has taken.”

The Rolling Stone added that it would have been “amazing” to have Winehouse perform with them on their Bigger Bang tour.

“It would have been full circle for the Stones, as she is like some of these classic soul singers from the past that inspired us,“ explained Jagger. “To have a woman that sings just like them in this time is wonderful.

“If only she would sort herself out. It is hard as your mind has to make that switch. If my mind had not always told me that I should not do too much I could have ended up like Amy years ago. But I always had that voice in my head that kept me on my toes and told me to stop altogether in the end. I realised I didn’t want to die young.”

From [www.gigwise.com]

The Camden & 'Hawley Arms' clique who have been egging her on and supplying her, over the years, have alot to answer for.

Posted by: JJackFl ()
Date: July 23, 2011 20:54

A Knife In My Heart
BILJANA SRBLJANOVIC
What on earth did you expect? "Good evening Belgrade, come on, hands up!" Would you consider that a proper "performance"?

First, Amy Winehouse is not a singer. Svetlana Raznatovic is a singer. In her farewell concert, just before being sent to the slammer, I'm sure she "paid due respect" to her audience. On the contrary, Amy is a goddess, a divine creature from the Universe, which staggers under the weight of life, and Belgrade, unfortunately, did not understand that it attended a harrowing moment of history. Amy is the ultimate artist, one in a long line of self-destructive geniuses; she was not born and does not exist for Dulic to tap his feet, or for VIP people to demonstrate what they learned in their yesterday's English lesson. She set herself on fire, all by herself, and is now disappearing before our eyes, she is evaporating, melting, transforming into atomic number 79. Hating her performance is tantamount to witnessing the moment in which Van Gogh cuts his ear off, but you feel rotten because his lymph sprays your irises. It spoils the decorum and those nice colors. Or tantamount to you asking for your money back, because Captain Kelly cuts short his concert in New Haven.
Tonight, Belgrade witnessed history, the YouTube video featuring "Just Friends" should be deposited in the archives of Museum Of Modern Art, to be preserved as a valuable document. All of this reminds me of "The Last Sitting" of Bert Stern, the last photo-session of Marilyn Monroe, few weeks before her death. Photos were commissioned by Vogue, and published the day after she died. They reveal everything: why she lived and why she died; all of her demons and her beauty, a fresh scar from gall bladder surgery, and a terrible sorrow of that radiant being. During the shooting, Marilyn got badly drunk several times, so that she had to take long naps, and those moments were the most touching ones. Later, she stippled with her nail polish the negatives she did not like, and those pictures are the best. Hating Amy last night would be the same as photoshopping away the scar on Marilyn's belly. Because your signed copy of that photo on your wall matches nicely with your Poltrona Frau sofa, while the scar is just, like, gross.

What kind of the blasé mainstream took over this city? What kind of obnoxious media lynching of a real genius, while she's on her knees, what unison in moshing. And everybody's there, all ambassador Konuzin's party guests. What's easier than that? Nothing. What is harder? Life as such.

Good evening Athens. Good evening New York. "Well, I'm the Crawlin' King Snake /And I rule my den." The one who fails to understand this, fail to understand anything. In fact, he does understand something: "Good evening, Offenbach."

PS: I'm not a rock critic, nor is this a concert review. I invest in Amy by buying tickets, so she could spend the money the way she likes. Last time I waited for her in Paris, when her band announced she was not coming. This time, too, I'd bought a ticket, but this time I did not come. I knew what alchemy is, and I knew she'd evaporate. Those who planned to bop along, missed the event. Amy is a comet. If she could stick her pen in her heart, And spill it all over the stage, Would it satisfy ya? It's only rock and roll, but I like it.

This article in Serbian was read by 45,000 users from 94 countries.

Date: July 23, 2011 20:56

Adrian-L
The Camden & 'Hawley Arms' clique who have been egging her on and supplying her, over the years, have alot to answer for.

True, but the self-destruction button was probably buried within her anyway. Not everyone who hangs around Camden and the Hawley Arms turns into an alcoholic junkie. Personally, I'm awaiting the 'let's blame Pete Doherty' brigade to rear it's ugly head.

Posted by: keefyboy ()
Date: July 23, 2011 20:57

I have always said to myself that she would not reach 30 as many before, what a complete waste, such talent. RIP Amy.

Posted by: Thricenay ()
Date: July 23, 2011 20:57

WTF?

Posted by: JJackFl ()
Date: July 23, 2011 20:58

Date: July 23, 2011 21:00

Jeez, that's bad news. Poor Amy. A troubled soul.....RIP

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: July 23, 2011 21:01

Sad news indeed. 27 years of age. What a waste. Back to Black was such a great record.

Date: July 23, 2011 21:03

being treated as a 'drugs overdose' .....Sky News sources.

Posted by: bob r ()
Date: July 23, 2011 21:05

How sad...say a prayer for Amy. Such a talented singer. What a waste.

Drugs are such a liar...they promise you the world and deliver nothing

Date: July 23, 2011 21:09

I am destroyed; so sad. Great talent.
In Peace Amy.

Date: July 23, 2011 21:11

Her debut was overlooked a little upon release, but it deserves the attention it gained after the success of Back To Black. This is one of my favourites from Frank.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: July 23, 2011 21:11

Awfully sad news, such a shame for her to pass away so young...

RIP Amy.

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: July 23, 2011 21:12

i don't understand why she was found dead by the police
who called the police ? friends, neighbours ?

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: July 23, 2011 21:13

A sad day in the music world! RIP Amy.

Posted by: Jos ()
Date: July 23, 2011 21:19

what a waste ..

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: July 23, 2011 21:20

JumpingKentFlash
I never ever saw why she was supposed to be that talented, but it's certainly a big waste that she's dead. So sad to hear this. Poor girl. sad smiley

I guess you are not that talanted regarding music and singers, what a pathetic statement. Amy was one of the most talanted female singers the world has seen for many years.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: July 23, 2011 21:22

We felt it was going to happen but hoped it would not.
So sad...
RIP Amy

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: July 23, 2011 21:22

JumpinJeppeFlash
JumpingKentFlash

I guess you are not that talanted regarding music and singers, what a pathetic statement. Amy was one of the most talanted female singers the world has seen for many years.

just listen to this: name me one singer of the last 30 years you had that much soul and could phrase like her. its absolutely outstanding:

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 23, 2011 21:28

Sad news. 27 Is way to young to go

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: July 23, 2011 21:28

sure, she was one of a kind !

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 23, 2011 21:31

jpasc95
i don't understand why she was found dead by the police
who called the police ? friends, neighbours ?

Maybe she was supposed to be somewhere, and never showed up ?

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: July 23, 2011 21:40

wanted to see her as support act for The Rolling Stones in Hamburg 2007, but unfortunatly her performance was cancelled because of drug problems. And she was replaced by Starsailor.

RIP Amy Winehouse

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2109
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home