Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 11 of 12
Re: Breaking News.....Amy Winehouse dead
Posted by: M4000D ()
Date: July 28, 2011 19:10

People change I know if I had a tat of my ex's name I. Would want it removed.

How many tattoos did she have ?

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 28, 2011 19:35

SwayStones
[www.dailytelegraph.com.au]

No offense meant but there is something wrong in that video.

Many kippas showed that her father is Jewish but as far as I know, tattoos are forbidden in Judaism and a burry as well .
Or at least it's like this in France .

I'm no fan of tattoos personally.That's why I wanted to have a Stones tatoo but never made it .
I hope I am not offending the people here who have tatoos smiling smiley,it's just a personal thought that goes with my story .
Given that one of the ways the Nazis identified Jews was by tattooing numbers onto their arms, you can see why I might have an issue with them.

BTW,dead.flowers , the video you posted is a real tribute to Amy .smiling smiley

Hi Sway.Why are they forbidden ? is that just since the war ? and what's a burry ? I googled but no info..

The thing is with tattoos they sure do pre-date the Nazis....British sailors (esp) and soldiers at least having sported them for hundreds if not a thousand years..and I'd guess other ancient cultures had them way before that........

Same goes for the Swastika.... appears as a sexual position (the position of final enlightment) in the Karma Sutra...and it is called that (more or less) just changing the W to V...svastika. According to one website it's the oldest known symbol - used on pottery in Troy 3000 years ago even pre-dating Egyptian symbolism. There are a lot of pre-war buildings in Britain at least with swastikas engraved on them. It used to be about good luck here before @#$%&.. There is a movement afoot to reclaim it from the Nazis and give it back it's proper status....................Hmmmmmm....you probaly know all that though............

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-29 13:55 by EddieByword.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: July 28, 2011 23:50

Mark Ronson
'Valerie' tribute to Amy Winehouse

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 29, 2011 01:33

SwayStones

Many kippas showed that her father is Jewish but as far as I know, tattoos are forbidden in Judaism and a burry as well .

Both of Amy's parents are Jewish.

I did read a thing in the press yesterday about traditional burial rites being denied to people who have tattoos - and she was buried following a Jewish ceremony and according to that faith's tradition. Think it mentioned something about some branches of Judaism being more 'strict' about tattoos than others, but I'm not sure. I'm sure there are a few people on here who would be more qualified to explain the difference.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 29, 2011 01:48

Gazza
SwayStones

Both of Amy's parents are Jewish.

I did read a thing in the press yesterday about traditional burial rites being denied to people who have tattoos - and she was buried following a Jewish ceremony and according to that faith's tradition. Think it mentioned something about some branches of Judaism being more 'strict' about tattoos than others, but I'm not sure. I'm sure there are a few people on here who would be more qualified to explain the difference.
Gazza, you are spot on in your analysis. Although certain rabbis will argue the point ...and there is more to it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-29 02:03 by BluzDude.

Date: July 29, 2011 02:01

Especially the last bit about others being more qualified!

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: July 29, 2011 20:15

A friend of mine posted a link on his facebook page that Amy died from withdrawal from alcohol, not an overdose. Wow. She must have been in bad shape from it, that's all I can say...

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 29, 2011 20:35

Brue
A friend of mine posted a link on his facebook page that Amy died from withdrawal from alcohol, not an overdose. Wow. She must have been in bad shape from it, that's all I can say...
That is what her parents are saying. The toxicology report has not come out yet.

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: July 29, 2011 20:43

how did we go from talking about amy winehouse to nazis? eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 29, 2011 20:46

You can die from alcohol withdrawal? confused smiley

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 29, 2011 20:56

Edith Grove

Yes.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: July 29, 2011 20:56

Edith Grove

Yes, the same with any other drug.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 29, 2011 21:04

Edith Grove

At the bottom of this artcle it says seizures.........I guess if you had a bad enough seizure it could lead to Cardiac arrest......[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: July 31, 2011 19:42

Amy singing Beatles' ALL MY LOVIN' (jazzy)

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: July 31, 2011 21:22

they call it stormy monday but tuesday...i fe..just as bad....miss you

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 31, 2011 21:35

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 1, 2011 01:32

First day of my Holiday there was that incredible news from Norway second day Amy's dead man!!! glad I had some other things on my mind.

Amy the greatest thing in music that happen to me in the last 20 years, will miss her....................

Date: August 1, 2011 02:51

dancingmisterd
Didn't she do a nude photo shoot for Club?

No...

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: August 1, 2011 03:52

dancingmisterd
She was okay but the tattoos ruined what looks she had. Nasty things.

Totally agree. I'll take it a step further, IMO tatoos look skanky on women period. It's the difference between classy and classless.

Date: August 1, 2011 15:31

...wow....didn't Mommy teach you not to judge a book by it's cover??...your reaction/point of view on her tattoos says so much more about you really.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: August 1, 2011 22:17

Been listening to "Frank" -
If all you know about Amy is "Rehab", the tattoos, beehive,, drugs etc.......check this cd out.
The entire cd is sublime, but this song is an example of why she made all other current female performers seem....pedestrian.

Date: August 2, 2011 02:35

Rip This
...wow....didn't Mommy teach you not to judge a book by it's cover??...your reaction/point of view on her tattoos says so much more about you really.

To each their own. Maybe you like girls with dirty feet, or green teeth. I dislike tattoos on girls. I don't care if it is on their ankle or across their ass. It is trashy and unappealing.

Posted by: pennyharp ()
Date: August 2, 2011 03:16

Ok, so you can have a fetish filled five-way and not have tattoo's and not be skanky? Cool!

p.s.

Even if Keith or Ronnie have ever had green teeth and dirty feet at the same time I'd still hang with either of them if given the opportunity.

Classiness is such a fun topic anyhow. To some it's keeping up appearances for others it's how you roll despite what some my think of you.

Date: August 2, 2011 04:47

The details about Amy Winehouse's death have just gotten murkier. A friend of the late singer has alleged that she bought nearly $2,000 US worth of drugs the night before her July 23rd death.

Tony Azzopardi, a 56-year-old who says he was a friend of Winehouse's, said he met her outside of a bar called the Eagle, which is located near her North London home, at 11:30PM on Friday, July 22. He claims they took a cab to West Hampstead, where they met a drug dealer they both knew, and Winehouse purchased a half-ounce each of crack cocaine and heroin, totaling £1,200.

"She gave me a kiss on the cheek and that was it -- the last time I saw her," Azzopardi, an admitted drug user, told the Daily Mirror. "She looked good, you know, fit -- like she'd been clean for a while and filled out a bit. I couldn't believe it when I found out she was gone."

Azzopardi, who met Winehouse through her ex-husband Blake Fielder-Civil, will be interviewed again by police and said he came forward because "I want Amy's family to know the truth about what happened. I want to help them out -- but I'm worried about my safety." He says the dealer in question is a local "Mr. Big" who could seek revenge on him.

Spinner (AOL)

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 2, 2011 05:00

Winehouse purchased a half-ounce each of crack cocaine and heroin, totaling £1,200.

"She gave me a kiss on the cheek and that was it -- the last time I saw her," Azzopardi, an admitted drug user, told the Daily Mirror. "She looked good, you know, fit -- like she'd been clean for a while and filled out a bit. I couldn't believe it when I found out she was gone."

He was like, oh-ma-gaud... like how could she be dead?? He totally couldnt believe it... like no way... it was like only a half-ounce of crack and half-ounce of heroin... so like, no way....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-02 05:03 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: August 2, 2011 15:09

The Sicilian
The details about Amy Winehouse's death have just gotten murkier. A friend of the late singer has alleged that she bought nearly $2,000 US worth of drugs the night before her July 23rd death.

Tony Azzopardi, a 56-year-old who says he was a friend of Winehouse's, said he met her outside of a bar called the Eagle, which is located near her North London home, at 11:30PM on Friday, July 22. He claims they took a cab to West Hampstead, where they met a drug dealer they both knew, and Winehouse purchased a half-ounce each of crack cocaine and heroin, totaling £1,200.

Azzopardi, who met Winehouse through her ex-husband Blake Fielder-Civil, will be interviewed again by police and said he came forward because "I want Amy's family to know the truth about what happened. I want to help them out -- but I'm worried about my safety." He says the dealer in question is a local "Mr. Big" who could seek revenge on him.

Spinner (AOL)

Of course you do, Tony. And the money that the newspaper paid you - used to fund your habit no doubt - to talk about someone who's not in a position to dispute it has nothing to do with it, of course...

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: August 2, 2011 16:04

Max'sKansasCity
Winehouse purchased a half-ounce each of crack cocaine and heroin, totaling £1,200.

He was like, oh-ma-gaud... like how could she be dead?? He totally couldnt believe it... like no way... it was like only a half-ounce of crack and half-ounce of heroin... so like, no way....

I remember one time years back, over at a friends' place, a dealer stopped by with a whole ounce of crack in one big piece and I gotta say that was the scariest thing I ever saw. Especially when it only takes one hit to ruin your day. Or life. Guy went to jail and got deported last I heard, the bastid...

Date: August 3, 2011 03:21

...Fantastic Ronnie Spector cover of Back to Black: [www1.rollingstone.com]

here's the article on it..[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 3, 2011 03:31

Rip This

Great so covered a song from Amy ................but no comparison at all

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: August 3, 2011 04:18

NICOS
Rip This

Great so covered a song from Amy ................but no comparison at all

There is no cover coming close to Amy. period.
damn effinn' disco versions angry smiley
cheers Nico.

...and + 1 for Gazza, kick their ass - will ya? ....Twerps!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 11 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1589
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home