Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 7 of 12
Re: Breaking News.....Amy Winehouse dead
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 24, 2011 22:53

Gazza
Not having respect for someone dead or alive is one thing - you're not obliged to care one way or the other - but finding the demise of a young woman to be amusing

- " Rehab.....LMAO....if ever a song came back to bite someone in the ass...." -

is pretty poor form.

If by the demise you do mean the death (given the timing I can see why you might think that I was talking about that) I'd say fair comment, but the truth is I thought that long ago......I thought her song Rehab was just cocky dangerous rubbish which sent out a very bad suggestion on how to regard drugs and when she did eventually end up in rehab I've got to say sympathy was not on the list when I saw that myth thankfully exploding....after my personal experiences that song made me angry so when it was shown up to be a crock of shit I was well pleased. If she'd kept her disdain towards the power of drugs private and then she'd ended up in rehab........you might say more sympathetically "oh well she's learnt her lesson" but no she put this shit out to be heard by all & sundry so when she was brought low by it and did end up in rehab - yes - I'm afraid it was LMAO. (well, a wry smile anyway....)
I can see why you thought I meant that regarding yesterdays events....but no I didn't, I thought it was a positive thing that as I say the myth of 'Rehab' was revealed all those months/years ago but it would have been even more positive if she'd sorted herself out and perhaps written a revised view about drugs and put that out as a warning but obviously that's not happened but maybe her death instead will put someone off drugs ............but yes back to your point, I do concede my context there is not as clear as it should have been so that being the case - fair enough........point taken.
As for dead or alive... as I say I had no respect for her when she was alive and as she has only ended up dead despite all the help she was offered from family & record company - (I heard today from Paul Gambicini that she was offered more help than anyone he had ever known in the business) - there's been no reason for that to change. Personally I think the younger generation especially are safer without her around as she was - People sometimes say "respect for the dead"...why ?..they only died, it's no great achievement..........If she came back from the dead, well that would be a different matter................

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-25 15:31 by EddieByword.

Date: July 24, 2011 22:55

rooster
EddieByword
shortfatfanny
rooster
the last thing i wanna do is to polute this thread
i do wanna say something to some here who survived...the shit....annd....now kickin people on the face...without respect or mercy...doin this ego thing here...so glad they survived! So glad they or he disrespect a dead artist young woman...before the funeral..... even happened..insulting those who loved her...and all the other talents who died unhappyl heartbreak after the heartbreak...shame on you

rooster,exactly my thoughts...well put.
Thank you.

As I'm the only person here that's written in terms of survival I thought I'd better respond......
It's got nothing to do with ego.......It was suggested to me that she had an illness, I didn't and don't agree with that. In order to explain my opinion and how I came to the conclusions I did about drug addiction I wrote a brief history of some of what happened to me....See below; the full text is is up the top of this page.....

>>Quote
EddieByword
When I see a person with so little respect for anything I'm afraid I don't have respect for them.....dead or alive............
btw shouldn't this thread be OT ?.........................
Rip This
I think you should also consider that her additctions were a sickness. Some get the help they need in time and some unfortunately do not. Nonetheless, I think the last thing one should do right now is judge.
EddieByword....(my answer)........ is up the top of this page.....<<

Again...nothing to do with ego........If you can't understand the context of that simple exchange you'll never understand anything.........eye rolling smiley
Re. respect.......I re-post to you below my original post which started this line of discussion..........which I stand by.....

yawning smiley
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>She had no respect..................
for...her own talent..(what there was of it ...as someone else said...prefer Marlene Dietrich, Rickie lee Jones & Duffy myself)....by not developing it fully and indulging in substance abuse instead......and then resting on her laurels and acting like the world owed her because of one BIG album......
......For her fellow musicians/artists,,,check out the last performance video above, just such disrespect not being ready while that guy tries to hold it togethor for her... & her arrogant performance as guest of the Stones at the Isle of Wight 2007......again, not ready and so disrespectful not to be ready......(Mick was brilliant though...Thank you A-M-Y...(Whispers......Don't call us, we'll call you)
......For her audience,,,,,,,check out her last show........
......No respect for the power of her influence and no regard for the bad example she was setting..........
......For history and the misfortunes of others who indulged in the same way.......
......For her parents who had to watch this and now suffer this until they die........
......For herself..........
......And most significantly she had no respect for the drugs she was taking and the power of them....
......Rehab.....LMAO....if ever a song came back to bite someone in the ass....

When I see a person with so little respect for anything I'm afraid I don't have respect for them.....dead or alive............

btw shouldn't this thread be OT ?.........................<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

As for insulting the people who loved her...(for me that means family, not fans)..........She did that all on her own........
you dont agree with this or that? respect for drugs?
you talk like god....a boring ex j....who needs to feel good puttin a woman who just died down

Believe me I put her down before she died too and no I don't need to do that or drugs to feel good.........thankfully there have been a couple of people here who've had the intelligence to understand what I've said..........sorry you couldn't.........

God ? I just said I don't agree with this stuff about 'illness' and said why and that I didn't respect her and said why..........confused smileyconfused smileyconfused smiley.........Given that's all I've said and your reaction I'd rather be what ever I am than whatever you are...........>>>>>>> you talk like god <<<<<<<...maybe you should listen then........grinning smiley

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-24 23:20 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 24, 2011 23:11

Sorry to hear about Amy Winehouse being gone, what a great voice she had

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: July 24, 2011 23:16

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

LONDON — Amy Winehouse's mother said the singer seemed unwell a day before she died, a British newspaper reported Sunday, while her family mourned the loss of "a wonderful daughter, sister, niece" and more tributes flowed in from fans and fellow performers.

A mound of flowers, messages and handwritten notes grew Sunday outside of the north London home where ambulance crews found the singer dead before they arrived on Saturday.

"R.I.P. Never Forgotten," read one message, while another said "It's all right, love. Go now."

The Sunday Mirror quoted Janis Winehouse as saying she believed it was "only a matter of time" before her daughter died. The 27-year-old singer had publicly struggled with drug and alcohol abuse for years.

"She seemed out of it. But her passing so suddenly still hasn't hit me," Janis told the tabloid.

Police said the cause of her death is being treated as "unexplained," rejecting speculation that she died from a drug overdose as "inappropriate." The circumstances surrounding her death are not yet clear, but police said a post-mortem is expected Monday or Tuesday.

"Our family has been left bereft by the loss of Amy, a wonderful daughter, sister, niece. She leaves a gaping hole in our lives," the family of the "Back to Black" singer said in a statement, and requested privacy.

In her short lifetime, Winehouse too often made headlines because of drug and alcohol abuse, eating disorders, destructive relationships and abortive performances.

Actor Russell Brand, a former drug addict, wrote a lengthy tribute to Winehouse, urging the media and public to change the way addiction is perceived — "not as a crime or a romantic affectation but as a disease that will kill."

"Winehouse and I shared an affliction, the disease of addiction," he wrote. "Addiction is a serious disease; it will end with jail, mental institutions or death."

Others, like American singer Carole King, whose song Will You Love Me Tomorrow was covered by Winehouse, recalled her small, but powerful body of recorded music.

"She did such a beautiful performance on it," King told the BBC, saying that she was grateful to the late singer for the recording. "I just really hope that she's found peace now wherever she is."

No information about funeral or burial was immediately available.

Posted by: donteverstop ()
Date: July 24, 2011 23:19

I think addcition is a disease/illness you CHOOSE to have.

Hence, you choose to stop...

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: July 24, 2011 23:20

EddieByword
rooster
EddieByword
shortfatfanny
rooster
i do wanna say something to some here who survived...the shit....annd....now kickin people on the face...without respect or mercy...doin this ego thing here...so glad they survived! So glad they or he disrespect a dead artist young woman...before the funeral..... even happened..insulting those who loved her...and all the other talents who died unhappyl heartbreak after the heartbreak...shame on you

Thank you.

As I'm the only person here that's written in terms of survival I thought I'd better respond......
It's got nothing to do with ego.......It was suggested to me that she had an illness, I didn't and don't agree with that. In order to explain my opinion and how I came to the conclusions I did about drug addiction I wrote a brief history of some of what happened to me....See below; the full text is is up the top of this page.....

>>Quote
EddieByword
Rip This
I think you should also consider that her additctions were a sickness. Some get the help they need in time and some unfortunately do not. Nonetheless, I think the last thing one should do right now is judge.

Again...nothing to do with ego........If you can't understand the context of that simple exchange you'll never understand anything.........eye rolling smiley
Re. respect.......I re-post to you below my original post which started this line of discussion..........which I stand by.....

yawning smiley
for...her own talent..(what there was of it ...as someone else said...prefer Marlene Dietrich, Rickie lee Jones & Duffy myself)....by not developing it fully and indulging in substance abuse instead......and then resting on her laurels and acting like the world owed her because of one BIG album......
......For her fellow musicians/artists,,,check out the last performance video above, just such disrespect not being ready while that guy tries to hold it togethor for her... & her arrogant performance as guest of the Stones at the Isle of Wight 2007......again, not ready and so disrespectful not to be ready......(Mick was brilliant though...Thank you A-M-Y...(Whispers......Don't call us, we'll call you)
......No respect for the power of her influence and no regard for the bad example she was setting..........
......For history and the misfortunes of others who indulged in the same way.......
......For her parents who had to watch this and now suffer this until they die........
......And most significantly she had no respect for the drugs she was taking and the power of them....

As for insulting the people who loved her...(for me that means family, not fans)..........She did that all on her own........
you talk like god....a boring ex j....who needs to feel good puttin a woman who just died down

Believe me I put her down before she died too and no I don't need to do that or drugs to feel good.........thankfully there have been a couple of people here who've had the intelligence to understand what I've said..........sorry you couldn't.........

God ? I just said I don't agree with this stuff about 'illness' and said why..........confused smileyconfused smileyconfused smiley.........I'd rather be what ever I am than whatever you are...........
you call your own post intelligent?......do you feel that way really? just be glad you dont see me down at the pub lookin in your eyes.....thats all for me

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: July 24, 2011 23:21

donteverstop

Some people cannot .

I'm fine if I abstain from alcohol but give me just one drink and I'm over the edge .

Date: July 24, 2011 23:28

rooster
EddieByword
rooster
EddieByword
shortfatfanny
rooster

Thank you.

>>Quote
EddieByword
Rip This

yawning smiley

God ? I just said I don't agree with this stuff about 'illness' and said why..........confused smileyconfused smileyconfused smiley.........I'd rather be what ever I am than whatever you are...........
you call your own post intelligent?......do you feel that way really? just be glad you dont see me down at the pub lookin in your eyes.....thats all for me
When someone threatens or insinuates violence you know you've won the argument.....not that mine was an argument...it was a discussion with someone else in fact and not addressed to you at all...I guess that's the danger of public forums......sweet dreams...although with the level of aggression you've got going there I doubt it..............

Posted by: Melanie69 ()
Date: July 24, 2011 23:32

Rooster, your posts are rambling and very hard to follow, wish I knew what you are trying to say

Posted by: thabo ()
Date: July 24, 2011 23:33

It's weird isn't it? Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, Jimmy Hendriks, Brain Jones, Kurt Cobain and now Amy Winehouse, all died at 27 years of age.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 24, 2011 23:36

I think your posts and the general attitude of your posts are in bad taste, not to mention disrespectful despite and nonwithstanding your personal battles and victories (of which I commend you). If you don't understand the point that Gazza made in an earlier post then perhaps your posts should be deleted by the administrator.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: July 24, 2011 23:37

no anger..no me or you just leave this person in peace

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: July 24, 2011 23:40

I loved her voice and singing style, but didnt care for how she apparently lived her life, and she certainly must have been at the top of those lists Keith used to be on.

No surprise, but definite regrets, she could have done so much more. Must be killing her parents right now, feel bad for them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-20 05:34 by chelskeith.

Date: July 24, 2011 23:40

boston2006
donteverstop

Some people cannot .

I'm fine if I abstain from alcohol but give me just one drink and I'm over the edge .

Some people don't wan't to stop but yes, some cannot.

Glad you stopped drinking, I had a problem w/ that too.

Cocaine hurt me financially, give me one line and I'm over the edge too.

But I will never choose to have Coke again since I know the damages.

Been about 11 months clean today since early high school and I'm 41.

Ain't no stranger...

Date: July 24, 2011 23:47

Rip This
I think your posts and the general attitude of your posts are in bad taste, not to mention disrespectful despite and nonwithstanding your personal battles and victories (of which I commend you). If you don't understand the point that Gazza made in an earlier post then perhaps your posts should be deleted by the administrator.

In hushed tone:............

Rip This...if that's with reference to me, I've replied to Gazza (at the top of this page) and said that although I didn't mean exactly what he thought I meant I understand why he thought I meant that, and given that, I said that he'd made fair point.

P.S. I don't need your commendation...thanks anyway

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-25 08:11 by EddieByword.

Date: July 24, 2011 23:54

It was prolly in reference to me.

Which is ok.

I like this thing we call - Freedom of Speech.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 25, 2011 00:03

They really should have put her in a "straitjacket" and force her to rehab:
Seriously ill and her own assassin.

She would have been clever enough to realize what she did to herself after that.
Now it's too late.

What a waiste...

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 25, 2011 00:04

rehab is a myth.... fails most of the time.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 25, 2011 00:05

Sad indeed

Nobody helped her.
It has overtones that remind me of my man Elvis.

Partners and friends watched a human being kill them self while cashing in

Date: July 25, 2011 00:10

Munichhilton
Nobody helped her.

Everybody helped her but her boyfriend & drug dealers.

Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: July 25, 2011 00:14

Amy was one of the greats. No doubt.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 25, 2011 00:18

Max'sKansasCity
rehab is a myth.... fails most of the time.

True. Ask Ron Wood.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: July 25, 2011 00:50

"I think addcition is a disease/illness you CHOOSE to have.

Hence, you choose to stop..."

And also shows you know jack shit about it.

If you've ever witness a person with full blown addiction its not something they enjoy, cherish or seek to continue. They just can't stop.....

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 25, 2011 01:02

A young woman died, aged 27. In my opinion that is very sad, no matter how or why she died. It is just plain sad. And yet, this thread is turning into a discussion about who knows best about addictions. That's sad too.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: July 25, 2011 01:08

I found her one major album pretty good, but I don't get the extreme praise some people heap on her. Also, she didn't do anything after that one album. You mean to tell me in five years she couldn't put out another album? Don't tell me good things take time because you know what she was doing with her time. Don't lump her in with the greats because she failed that test. At best, she had the potential for greatness, but didn't fulfill it, no matter what the reasons were. None of those other people who were famous for dying at 27 did as little as she did. They abused substances, too, but did far, far more with their lives and careers even in the throes of addiction. That might be an interesting study in itself, why some people can still do a lot of work while addicted while others do nothing much.

My main problem I have is people who call her great and original: have you ever heard African American singers of the 20th century? To me, she rips off African Americans who did it first. She also rips off the girl groups of the '60s, both black and white. I guess her singing style and hair style must seem original to people who aren't familiar with much music of the past, but she was following a well-worn path. And again, how can you love someone so much who only did one major album that reflected what she wanted to do? It's a good album, but again, not that wildly original, and she totally failed to follow up on it. She could have even done cover versions and made them her own (I'm thinking of Janis Joplin's "Me & Bobby McGee," which was written by Kris Kristoferson, an example of a singer making a song her own), but she didn't do that. She didn't do much at all, other than make the tabloid news.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 25, 2011 01:15

ablett

If you've ever witness a person with full blown addiction its not something they enjoy, cherish or seek to continue. They just can't stop.....

At least you give people a choice if you put them in rehab.
If you let them suffer you don't give a shit about them, which is worse than not knowing as shit about it,.. doctor.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 25, 2011 01:16

donteverstop
Munichhilton
Nobody helped her.

Everybody helped her

?

Date: July 25, 2011 03:31

ablett

well you are never forced to take drugs you choose to take them so yes its an addiction you CHOOSE to have.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: July 25, 2011 04:32

/

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-25 05:36 by marianna.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 25, 2011 04:38

donteverstop
I like this thing we call - Freedom of Speech.
So do I Steelie!thumbs up

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 7 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1813
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home