Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 16
Mick Jagger's "Supergroup"?
Posted by: micwer ()
Date: May 20, 2011 17:48

Mick forms secret supergroup

Stones legend Mick Jagger -- still smarting from a pen-lashing by bandmate Keith Richards -- has set up a new supergroup with Eurythmics star Dave Stewart, Damian Marley, Joss Stone and Indian musician and producer A.R. Rahman.

Jagger, who was sharply and repeatedly needled in Richards' best-selling autobiography, "Life," has been secretly recording with Stewart, Bob Marley's youngest son, jazz-influenced Stone and Grammy-winning Rahman, dubbed "The Mozart of Madras," who won two Oscars for "Slumdog Millionaire."

A source said, "They just finished a record and their first video and are talking to major labels about a deal. The name for the band at the moment is Super Heavy." Another source said, "Each member has a very distinct and different style, but it works. Mick has been recording with Dave for a while, and both worked with Joss in the past."

But a rep for Jagger told us, "They all thought it would be interesting and great fun to go into the studio and play some music. No video has been shot, no label in place. All a bit premature."

But if the band is a hit, it could further divert Jagger's attention from a speculated-about new Stones tour -- especially since there's currently no love lost between him and Richards, whose 2010 book was particularly withering about Jagger's solo career.

Of Jagger's first effort sans the Stones, 1985's "She's the Boss," Richards wrote, "I've never listened to [it] the whole way through. Who has? It's like 'Mein Kampf.' Everybody had a copy, but nobody listened to it."

Jagger's subsequent solo effort " 'Goddess in the Doorway' . . . was irresistible to rechristen 'Dog [Bleep] in the Doorway' . . . [Mick] says I have bad manners on the subject. But this record deal of Mick's was bad manners beyond any verbal jibes." Richards also wrote that Jagger, whom he nicknamed "Your Majesty," is packing "a tiny todger."

"Sometimes I think, 'I miss my friend,' " wrote Richards. "Where did he go?" Into the studio with someone else, it appears

Read more: [www.nypost.com]

Source: [www.nypost.com]

Re: Mick Jagger's "Supergroup"?
Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: May 20, 2011 17:51

"Sometimes I think, 'I miss my friend,' " wrote Richards. "Where did he go?" Into the studio with someone else, it appears..."

Nice!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 20, 2011 17:59

There's a lot that's false here unsurprisingly. Super Heavy isn't much of a secret. The facts in the story above have been available since 2008 so it is unlikely this is a reaction to Keith's book. Also, the more reliable source from Cannes states the label is Universal making the speculation and alleged quote from Mick's camp questionable at best. There is even the possibility the details recycled here from previous articles are no longer correct. It might not be Super Heavy and the players involved may have changed. Time will tell, but this article is just a cut and paste job with a bit of made up gossip attached.

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: May 20, 2011 18:03

Rocky Dijon
Time will tell, but this article is just a cut and paste job with a bit of made up gossip attached.

On the other hand, it's the NY Post, so not much of a surprise here...

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: May 20, 2011 18:09

Bummer

Posted by: keefbajaga ()
Date: May 20, 2011 18:50

"Jagger's Supergroup?"

What about Richards/Watts/Wyman/Wood/Keyes/McLagan?

Dear Mickie, Mickie, what the hell are you trying to prove? Is it never enough for you?

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 20, 2011 19:09

Not much of a supergroup! No one else in this group is very super. Strange and sad.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 20, 2011 19:59

It won't be considered a "Supergroup" unless Chuck is included.

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: May 20, 2011 21:16

I like more his first supergroup called The Rolling Stones.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: May 20, 2011 21:58

NY Post has always been a rubbish paper. Why should it change ?

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: May 20, 2011 22:08

This is the only "Supergroup":
Jagger, Taylor, Richards, Wood, Wyman, Watts, Mclagan.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: May 20, 2011 22:53

I don´t know, but don´t sounds good sad smiley

Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: May 20, 2011 23:16

micwer
Rocky Dijon
Time will tell, but this article is just a cut and paste job with a bit of made up gossip attached.

On the other hand, it's the NY Post, so not much of a surprise here...

The New York Post is the second only to the New York Times . . if you read it in the Post, you can take it to the bank.

"Of course it's true, I read it in the New York Post."

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: May 21, 2011 01:56

This is now posted on Rolling Stone mag's site and on FB

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: May 21, 2011 02:08

blah blah blah,,,

funny super group mick,,,

maybe boy george can sing back up,,,

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: May 21, 2011 03:14

Taken up by the British media also referring to abortive meeting last month in New York

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: May 21, 2011 03:20

Do you mean the Stones in 1968 with Brian?

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: May 21, 2011 03:47

omg,, i have had bigger super craps then that is a supergroup,,,

happy solo work mick,,

maybe it will be more fruitfull then the last go,,,

maybe mick will be the next judge on american idol,,,

its to bad at 60+ yrs old,, he hasnt learned it better to get even then get mad,,

i would sooner see the winos(bring ronnie on board) then go and see the whiners,,

x-pensive winos... or x-pensive whiners,,, tour 2012..

Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: May 21, 2011 04:01

For goodness sakes, how long can Jagger continue to sing Brown Sugar and Satisfaction? He's got to branch out a bit.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: May 21, 2011 05:08

mitchflorida
For goodness sakes, how long can Jagger continue to sing Brown Sugar and Satisfaction? He's got to branch out a bit.

Right on!

Posted by: lonecrapshooter ()
Date: May 21, 2011 05:26

keefbajaga
"Jagger's Supergroup?"

What about Richards/Watts/Wyman/Wood/Keyes/McLagan?

Dear Mickie, Mickie, what the hell are you trying to prove? Is it never enough for you?

...and Blondie!

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: May 21, 2011 11:21

Ive listened to Shes the Boss, its ok, Hard Woman and Lucky in Love are great songs.

Posted by: Yazid Manou ()
Date: May 21, 2011 13:04

As read in Beatweek Magazine :

"Dave Stewart fans who don’t want to wait until September to get their hands on the Super Heavy album can partake in his solo record entitled The Blackbird Diaries on June 28th, a blues-fueled record which includes guest spots from the likes of Stevie Nicks, Colbie Caillat, and Martina McBride."

They forgot to mention The Secret Sisters and a song co-written with Bob Dylan.

Dave Stewart speaking 'bout his coming solo album "The Blackbird Diaries":

This was my favorite time ever in the studio, I wrote most of the songs on the spot and recorded all of them in one incredible session lasting 5 days and nights!. I made an unusual film of the process that not only features all the musicians and performers but also gives away some of my writing secrets which involves both a well known fortune teller and hypnotist who allowed themselves to be filmed in session with me.”

Check this out :

I'm promoting this release in France for Universal Music.

YM

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: May 21, 2011 13:28

supergroup????

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: May 21, 2011 14:00

Mick Jagger forms new band Super Heavy
[www.nme.com]

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: May 21, 2011 15:54

Mick has always wanted to make music that is sligthly different from what he is wellknown for;rolling stones/rock/blues type of music. With the Stones, producer Don Was was usually skeptic about some of Mick's "out of the box" musical ideas and often vetoed them. Now Mick has created an environment to explore and produce those original musical ideas while having some fun. Good for him. Also India is a big market...
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 21, 2011 16:12

Rik
supergroup????
A hobby group, a leisure group or a experimental group

Posted by: sweet things ()
Date: May 21, 2011 19:00

Sounds interesting to me

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: May 21, 2011 19:05

uhbuhgullayew
It won't be considered a "Supergroup" unless Chuck is included.

Well it's about time someone showed Chuck some respect around here!
Thank you.
I think. . ..

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: May 21, 2011 19:13

He still wants to make music and not be surrounded by limitations.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1640
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home