Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Ideas for new tour and album
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 29, 2011 15:58

The London gig for Stu has raised some thoughts. First, a few people I told about this showed great interest, they thought it wasn't possible. So my idea would be an all living Stones album. If Keef really can't play I think he could do vocals and music director. Ronnie could do Keefs riffing, after all I never knew Keef was absent on Saint Of Me until another maniac fan told me. The album would be 10 to 12 tunes lasting no more than 45 minutes, and Mick should sing his heart out with meaningful, witty, relevent lyrics. Of course sometimes simplystic as Rock And Roll is. I would also say don't try to make the record too modern, be The Rolling Stones. Maybe more rhythm and blues, and not over produced. I think this would grab a lot of peoples attention. Maybe even sell lots of records. On the subject of touring I think they should follow Maccas lead with minimal amount of shows. Maybe even shorten them down to an hour. That way they could be focused on delivering an excellent concert, instead of stretching it out for the sake of time. Same idea as the album. I hope management will read this and pass it onto The Stones. Let It Rock!

Re: Ideas for new tour and album
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: March 29, 2011 16:01

here's a better idea: publicly announce the permanent retirement of the band and be done with it already and open the damned vaults before any and all who would care are six feet under.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: March 29, 2011 16:19

Everybody ought to have dreams and wishes, but I do not believe that the Stones will reunite just for passion and love for music.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: March 29, 2011 17:14

10 dirty blues numbers with the touch of jack white!

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: March 29, 2011 17:14

no tour please! unless keith can play at least on the level of 2003!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 29, 2011 18:02

Reduce an already overpriced show to an hour? Get rid of Keith?

Yeah, that'll pack 'em in.

Are Stones fans really this desperate for a night's entertainment?

If anyone is, they seriously need to find a new hobby.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 29, 2011 18:17

please do a No Security like tour.
never seen them in the US, but sounded good.
Hope to see them one more time
Seen them 27 times since 1976 (fan since 1973)
One love Jeroen

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 29, 2011 18:38

new tour: don't. it costs too much and will be too much of a security risk.

album: get Taylor on it, and Wyman if you can.

and leave Keith alone if he doesn't feel like playing

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 29, 2011 18:56

duke richardson
new tour: don't. it costs too much and will be too much of a security risk.

album: get Taylor on it, and Wyman if you can.

and leave Keith alone if he doesn't feel like playing

Well, instead of making any ballads he could fill his share of the record contract by recording a couple of his a drunken broken voice little stories - "y'know, we had a kilo of this asolutely spot on mexican heroin and Bobby and I were thinking, 'how can we get these through the Swedish customs?'...hahahha.. and I said said 'look Marlon has this teddy bear' hahahhaa...".

And on the following tour, after Mick has introduced rest of the band he says, "now Keith's gonna tell you a story", and leaves the stage...

"Good to be here. Good to be anywhere, hahahhaa." "Anyway, this one is called 'My friend has a tiny todger'". >grinning smiley<

- Doxa

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 29, 2011 19:01

its not likely Keith is going anywhere with Mick except to photo shoots for whatever repackaging is released next.

eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: March 29, 2011 19:03

If Keiths got stiff little fingers/arthritis? then i recon it'd be convenient to get Mick Taylor playing a spot on the tours with them, that way Mick and Ronny could double up/swop and keith can leg it around the stage looking cool - and we get SWAY and CYHMK played o yeah!!!!

best bits for me at gigs is when they moved to the little stage in the crowd, anyone every get any boots of this section of the gigs?

saw them in manchester and could see the amps used and how it was micked up, was vv close o them and it sounded MEGA!

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 29, 2011 19:04

duke richardson
its not likely Keith is going anywhere with Mick except to photo shoots for whatever repackaging is released next.

eye rolling smiley

and if you believe they are fighting they can photoshop them in or out as they did with Wyman

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: March 29, 2011 19:53

Buy a bus and play the county fair circuit on a never-ending tour.

Posted by: copsnrobbers ()
Date: March 29, 2011 20:00

StonesTod
here's a better idea: publicly announce the permanent retirement of the band and be done with it already and open the damned vaults before any and all who would care are six feet under.

I'm with Stones Tod on this one announce permanent
retirement

Date: March 29, 2011 20:43

copsnrobbers
StonesTod

I'm with Stones Tod on this one announce permanent
retirement

will the announcement come via boat? helicopter? train? go-cart? other forms of transportation"?

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: March 29, 2011 20:51

StonesTod
here's a better idea: publicly announce the permanent retirement of the band and be done with it already .

Yup, let's wrap it up.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: March 29, 2011 21:34

Get Dick Taylor back in the band! hot smiley

Posted by: sirdoug ()
Date: March 29, 2011 21:38

"The Rolling Stones Play Chess" - all blues covers by Little Milton, Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Buddy Guy, Chuck Berry, etc.

Can't you see the album cover? A lame 60's type photograph of Keith and Hubert Sumlin playing chess outdoors in some Chicago park.

As far as a tour is concerned? I don't care. I just want new music...or in this case new, old music.

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: March 29, 2011 22:11

"reunite"??

erm, funny, i hadn't even heard about the break up...

Date: March 29, 2011 22:17

I wouldn't mind seeing the members perform separately. Would love to see Charlie and his jazz trio. Ronnie touring more of his solo stuff. Mick...um...working with Matt Clifford? (shutter) Keith...on stage with an acoustic guitar...mumbling some standards or whatever blues he can pull off.

Having them together trying to "do the Stones" thing--has been done. Considering we've been getting the same tour since '97...there's nothing new they can bring. Seeing a show would really make us painfully aware how better they were the last time they were on tour.

Any new tour or album...I don't believe will be pretty...

Date: March 29, 2011 22:24

Justin
I wouldn't mind seeing the members perform separately. Would love to see Charlie and his jazz trio. Ronnie touring more of his solo stuff. Mick...um...working with Matt Clifford? (shutter) Keith...on stage with an acoustic guitar...mumbling some standards or whatever blues he can pull off.

Having them together trying to "do the Stones" thing--has been done. Considering we've been getting the same tour since '97...there's nothing new they can bring. Seeing a show would really make us painfully aware how better they were the last time they were on tour.

Any new tour or album...I don't believe will be pretty...

more or less my take on it, too. i'm not much into the whole "tarnishing your legacy" baloney, so if they tour and others are excited to go, more power to them. but, there's no way it will be anything other than an inferior version to what all of us have already seen and heard.

Date: March 29, 2011 22:30

"there's nothing new they can bring"
You couldn't be more wrong about that...

Wouldn't a show featuring a dozen songs never played live be "new"?
Wouldn't a tour of all clubs/theaters be "new"?
Wouldn't a tour of all unplugged songs be "new"?
Wouldn't a tour featuring ALL of the songs from the previously mentioned "Stones Play Chess" album be "new"?

I could go on, and on......Some of you seem so jaded...

Date: March 29, 2011 22:33

dewlover

Wouldn't a tour featuring ALL of the songs from the previously mentioned "Stones Play Chess" album be "new"?

no jading...just being realistic. maybe there's something new that they COULD bring, but there's nothing new that they WOULD or WILL bring. How do we know? Years and years of practice....

Date: March 29, 2011 22:35

You missed the point...I was responding to a false statement, not your hypothesis...

Date: March 29, 2011 22:38

dewlover
You missed the point...I was responding to a false statement, not your hypothesis...

oh. but i thought i was agreeing to that "false statement." i think we need stage directions here or something...

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 29, 2011 22:48

I made this post to throw out some ideas and direction for a new album. Perhaps Stones management is reading this and might find something inspiring. By the way I don't want to see The Stones without Keef either. But they could get away with minimal activity from him on the album if need be. If you think about it a lot of great albums were made without key members present or playing different instruments. Sometimes outsiders were on the tracks, that took me a while to get over when I was younger. On the subject of touring I really think they could scale the time down (with Keef of course).

Date: March 29, 2011 22:55

I think we all agree a "good" new album would be one where they get back their roots, and convince Mick that the Peter Pan thing is getting, um, well, old...

As far as a tour, it should be way scaled down to about half of the No Security deal...

Date: March 29, 2011 22:57

dewlover

So? We'd see nothing we haven't seen before. Every past tour, they've "dusted off" some obscure songs only for them to half-ass it just so they could get to a warhorse that was waiting around the corner. Keith does his famous "noodling" and he (and some here) think that it counts as him playing! No, thanks. Keith is the engine of the band. The ABB tour proved that Keith has silently stepped down as leader and has given that slot to Chuck. The band today is basically Chuck/Darryl/Charlie.

Did they say they were going to do club/theatre shows on the next tour? Wait, did they even announce a new tour?? Regardless, my comments above regarding Keith are relevant here.

See above.

See above.

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: March 29, 2011 23:03

1. umusic will do some more "Deluxe Editions" with "new" old songs, so why is there a real need to release a new album with oldfashion stonesmusic?
2. The Rollings Stones will commemorate their 50 years life on stage, but only as a Memory Motel? No way.
3. The Boys will do a new album with modern sound and songs, you can dance and party to. They will tour as a family event, all living stones together, with guests on stage, with old an younger fans.

That's the only way to win the future, to make money with the upcoming generation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-29 23:04 by HighwireC.

Date: March 29, 2011 23:07

Justin, you're not making any sense, your obvious disliking of the band has absolutely nothing to do w/your original post...Again, you said; "there's nothing new they can bring", liking, or not liking something they do that is "new" (e.g. a full set of a dozen songs never played live before, or a complete album) is a totally separate issue...

Everything in my post would be something "new" for them...Whether or not you would like it, or believe it will happen is irrelevant...If have now decided to change the parameters of your theory, make it known...

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1776
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home